Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
So wait, this lady just had Goodell's personal phone and email and didn't have to go through 50 secretaries?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
It's Gloria Allred so expect a LOT of bullshit on both sides

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Oh there is going to be a glorious and hilarious amount of Bullshit this afternoon and tomorrow isn't there on the radio isn't there.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Marshall had a long history of abuse and it looks like he was suspended for 3 game back in 2008? Something like that.

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bears/post/_/id/4675509/a-timeline-of-marshall%E2%80%99s-off-field-problems

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

ed: ^^ As mentioned in the presser, that sentence was from this incident, and was reduced because of the bungled investigation.

Dexo posted:

Oh there is going to be a glorious and hilarious amount of Bullshit this afternoon and tomorrow isn't there on the radio isn't there.

No different from the last 8 days then

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
I unfortunately forget the father's name in this press conference, but he just said that apparently Broncos staffers called up Brandon Marshal's abused girlfriend and asked her to give him another chance, what even the gently caress??

Mr. Watley.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

"Please drop your allegations and charges, here are some season tickets and a signed ice pack from John Elway"

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Ozu posted:

Marshall had a long history of abuse and it looks like he was suspended for 3 game back in 2008? Something like that.

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bears/post/_/id/4675509/a-timeline-of-marshall%E2%80%99s-off-field-problems

Just a reminder, but Marshall is mentally ill and has sought help. Over the last couple of years he seems to be on track and has actually become an advocate for mental illness (which Goodell fined him for, because he chose to wear green cleats).

Multiplesarcasm
Mar 3, 2006

a corduroy explosion.
This was Pre-Obama presidency? Those were heady days - who remembers what they were doing then?

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Qwijib0 posted:

538 Week 3 ELO Playoff predictions. AFCS and NFCN are the most competitive. Cardinals moving up slowly :getin:

Jesus Christ Raiders. <1% just to win 9 games?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Being unhealthy in grad school. THe Phillies were good.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
Marshall getting himself help is admirable, but Allred's point in all of this seems to be that the NFL is completely incompetent at managing domestic violence situations and the process needs to be corrected.

Also, again, Broncos staffers were calling an abused woman and asking her to give him another chance, WHAT THE gently caress?

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

armoredgorilla posted:

Also, again, Broncos staffers were calling an abused woman and asking her to give him another chance, WHAT THE gently caress?

Yeah, the Broncos are very pro-domestic violence. Also pro-dead puppies. This isn't news.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

armoredgorilla posted:

Marshall getting himself help is admirable, but Allred's point in all of this seems to be that the NFL is completely incompetent at managing domestic violence situations and the process needs to be corrected.

Yeah, Broncos and Goodell come off looking bad. Marshall comes off looking good because he went on to get help and is at a much better place than he was in 2007.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah but the Raiders kill people

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Volkerball posted:

Yeah, the Broncos are very pro-domestic violence. Also pro-dead puppies. This isn't news.

That is not fair, those puppies have sharp teeth and Peyton's real old

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

So now Marshall gets punished right. Even if he doesn't really deserve it.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Yeah but the Patriots kill people

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Volkerball posted:

Pro-rape too. Perrish Cox got his start there.

Dvlos
Aug 26, 2003

"I came here to argue with you about a freaking television show!"

Alouicious posted:

So when he said that he tries not to leave bruises on her, he meant that literally as in he does not hit her at all

that's kinda funny

I think Reggie Bush just like to troll everyone all the time.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

johnfw50 posted:

So now Marshall gets punished right. Even if he doesn't really deserve it.

No?

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Yeah, after they retire. Doesn't count.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
We will paralyze a mother fucker tho

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I don't think they're actually building a case against Brandon Marshall but a class action (?) suit on the NFL because of negligence? (???)

Legal people help me out there.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Harlock posted:

I don't think they're actually building a case against Brandon Marshall but a class action (?) suit on the NFL because of negligence? (???)

Yeah, the Marshall stuff has already happened and gone through courts, handled properly or not.

MaximumBob
Jan 15, 2006

You're moving who to the bullpen?

Chichevache posted:

Just a reminder, but Marshall is mentally ill and has sought help. Over the last couple of years he seems to be on track and has actually become an advocate for mental illness (which Goodell fined him for, because he chose to wear green cleats).

Well, on Boers and Bernstein here in Chicago they're reading letters and saying basically that that's all an act and he's self-diagnosed, so... Yeah.

(This says more about that show than Marshall)

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

MaximumBob posted:

Well, on Boers and Bernstein here in Chicago they're reading letters and saying basically that that's all an act and he's self-diagnosed, so... Yeah.

(This says more about that show than Marshall)

Reading letters from who? Fans? Because that is pretty terrible.

MaximumBob
Jan 15, 2006

You're moving who to the bullpen?

Chichevache posted:

Reading letters from who? Fans? Because that is pretty terrible.

I assume a fan but I tuned in mid-letter.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Kaep to lose $11k more for having a dirty poop mouth than AP loses for physically scarring his child. Neat.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Chris James 2 posted:

Yeah, Broncos and Goodell come off looking bad. Marshall comes off looking good because he went on to get help and is at a much better place than he was in 2007.
Well, I mean good on him for getting help. Not sure how he looks good though. Borderline Personality Disorder seems like it would suck, but mostly for the people he impulsively decided to choke and hit.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Harlock posted:

Without having time to look into it, that's my reading as well. They're probably going to claim the league knew and acted idiotically which considering the last few weeks means they've probably got the most airtight case in history.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Spoeank posted:

Kaep to lose $11k more for having a dirty poop mouth than AP loses for physically scarring his child. Neat.

3k more than brown got for kicking a player in the face.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Flikken posted:

He was trying to hurdle him. Shouldn't have fallen on the ground like a little girl if he didn't want to get stepped on.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Flikken posted:

To be fair what Brown did was way funnier and way more accidental

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

It'd probably be funnier if Kaep had directed whatever he said at a punter.

Except it's impossible to call one something more derogatory then punter.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

The Raiders don't kill people, Ray Lewis kills people

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Volkerball posted:

He was trying to hurdle him. Shouldn't have fallen on the ground like a little girl if he didn't want to get stepped on.

Yes, but gently caress the steelers.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Sour Diesel posted:

The Raiders don't kill people, Ray Lewis kills people

Anthony Smith killed a lot more people than Lewis did. He killed so many people they call him "Anthony Wayne Smith" now like a loving legit serial killer.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Brannock posted:

Bro how come half this forum has trouble reading posts clearly? I said the cornerbacks are close to a top 10 squad in the league, not the entire Packers defense. And posting a couple tweets and griping about Dom Capers is hardly a "smoking gun". I'm calling you subliterate, just so we can spell it out clearly for your benefit.

Bro, just a heads up if you track the full chain of conversation, the top 10 stuff stems from Butthead's comments, not yours bro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Ozu posted:

Well, I mean good on him for getting help. Not sure how he looks good though. Borderline Personality Disorder seems like it would suck, but mostly for the people he impulsively decided to choke and hit.

I'm bipolar but before I was treated for this, my shrink thought I had BPD (they share similar symptoms). It's a really hosed up mental illness. In general, being depressed, anxious, or manic sucks real hard on its own. Each of those makes it very easy to make terrible decisions. You're feeling so bad that it affects your thought processes. poo poo, if I skip my medication for more than 1 day, I end up turning into a crazy person. Now imagine you have BPD: you could be any one of those three or just normal..depending on factors such as time of day, weather, how people talk to you, etc. Really basic poo poo can affect people who suffer from severe BPD or other mental illnesses. It's a lot more flip-floppy than bipolarism, which is pretty cyclical (so easier to manage, thankfully).

I'm not justifying what he did in the past, but I'm just trying to give a little insight into why that kind of hosed up poo poo happens. Hell, even my life was a series of awful decisions before I sought help and I didn't have it nearly as bad as Marshall when it comes to mental health.

e: not a mental health expert, just a guy goin' through the system

• Locked thread