Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

it doesn't matter in regards to whether the company sees it as a success or not, which was being discussed

"$60 isn't worth it for a mediocre at best game" is a completely different statement from "$500m development cost isn't worth it for a mediocre at best game" and I was responding to the second statement

they are both seperate reasons they are bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Benny D posted:

Yeah it looks awesome and scary but I really hated playing the last of us and all I could think during the gameplay trailer was how much this played exactly like it, right down to the popup icons for retards on items and doors and the grabbing animation ugh

Evil Within uses tank controls and it's really based more on running and hiding from enemies since bullets don't put them down for good. You have to set them on fire and there are only a limited number of matches in the game. I won't play it cuz I'm a big baby but it looks rad

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
i only suck dick in self defense
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~

01011001 posted:

just wait until it comes out, and then if it looks good, get it

yeah i did this and welp now i own destiny

Dec 26, 2012

add a third step: be smarter than matrix ripoff

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

This guy is epically contarded.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Benny D posted:

Since we're on the subject, can another imp maybe talk me out of preordering the evil within. It looks legit scary and I really liked the first two resident evils but this game looks like it plays a lot like the last of us, a game that I thought was bland and didn't enjoy

1. Never preorder

2. Never buy on day 1

Hollenhammer
Dec 6, 2005

RottenK posted:

1. Never preorder

2. Never buy on day 1

Step 1. Do'nt

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Y-Hat posted:

but what's the shoehorned-in moral message that a 10th grader could have come up with?

I'm not sure there is one. Maybe it's hidden in one of the many, many grimoire cards.

zen death robot posted:

i think bungie is afraid of letting people play their games with m+kb

It's the modern equivalent of Plessy v. Ferguson. makes u think

Blackheart posted:

Why don't consoles just adopt mouses for shooters instead of still using bullshit autoaim.

Because you touch yourself at night.

Buschmaki posted:

Console shooters are okay if you're young like me and started out playing Goldeneye 64 and stuff like that, getting used to shooting on an N64 conttoller pretty much familiarizes you with almost all of the controllers out there. I'd say it's also much easier to switch from controller to kb+m, but all this complaining about console shooters just makes you seem like old and bitter af gamers, which is truly a sad gaming existence.

It's too late for them. The only cure is fire.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Because you touch yourself at night.

haha, sweet family guy reference XD

Chelovek-Govno
Aug 11, 2014

Zamorozhenaia Zhopa

DoubleDonut posted:

It was, agreed.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

DoubleDonut posted:

Hmm, someone wasn't raised Catholic!

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

zen death robot posted:

This sort of thing is just really lazy design and I'd be tempted to pass some of it off on "trying to cram epic graphics on last-gen systems" but I don't think Bungie really knows how to do something that's not a corridor shooter.

how dare you suggest bungie can do a corridor shooter

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Wow an MMO with guns? Crazy. Sign me the gently caress up

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
http://www.gamepur.com/news/16227-order-1886-dev-defends-bungies-destiny-review-score-under-8-ludicrous.html

:lol: Don't bully Bungie! They made a game with good graphics, you fools! It can't be bad if the graphics are good! By the way be sure to play our cinematic movie game The Order 1886, which features such awesome movie tricks like capping the FPS to 24, forced letterboxing, and game scenes that play themselves.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

Powercrazy posted:

Wow an MMO with guns? Crazy. Sign me the gently caress up

calling it an mmo is too generous. at least in mmos you can actually interact with the other players

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Does it have memes so goons can go ugh

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Widestancer posted:

Does it have memes so goons can go ugh

there was a line from the alpha that became a meme, which bungie removed from the beta and final release. they made a video referencing it, though

NihilVerumNisiMors
Aug 16, 2012
One of my friends unironically called Destiny an MMO today.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

NihilVerumNisiMors posted:

One of my friends unironically called Destiny an MMO today.

uhh isn't it?

quaker69
Jul 3, 2004

Four measures of cheap Vodka combined with a bottle of Bawls
Lipstick Apathy
Even mmos aren't mmos anymore since it's basically just a central hub with instanced gameplay.

Compared to say Everquest or uo, it's def not

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

BrettRobb posted:

Even mmos aren't mmos anymore since it's basically just a central hub with instanced gameplay.

Compared to say Everquest or uo, it's def not

MMOFPS?

quaker69
Jul 3, 2004

Four measures of cheap Vodka combined with a bottle of Bawls
Lipstick Apathy
I mean

NihilVerumNisiMors
Aug 16, 2012

Dexters Secret posted:

uhh isn't it?

If your definition of MMO is "There's a hub city and you can /dance", then yes.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
Bungle.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
Does this game have the Flood? If not then thanks I can save my $60 because lmao if I would ever give bungie money again after they hosed up and forget to include them in reach, odst, and halo 4. The best enemies in any shooter in history

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
game is actually good and fun. Sorrry haters :cool:

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

SarutosZero posted:

Does this game have the Flood? If not then thanks I can save my $60 because lmao if I would ever give bungie money again after they hosed up and forget to include them in reach, odst, and halo 4. The best enemies in any shooter in history

Why would they be in Reach or 4? They were all sealed up yet in Reach, and were all killed at the end of 3. And ODST... takes place before they get to Earth (if they even did, which I don't even remember.)

SunAndSpring posted:

http://www.gamepur.com/news/16227-order-1886-dev-defends-bungies-destiny-review-score-under-8-ludicrous.html

:lol: Don't bully Bungie! They made a game with good graphics, you fools! It can't be bad if the graphics are good! By the way be sure to play our cinematic movie game The Order 1886, which features such awesome movie tricks like capping the FPS to 24, forced letterboxing, and game scenes that play themselves.

It's something PC gamers (master race) are always talking about, loudly, at length, though. So they can hardly be blamed for trying to cram in all the peas.

:shobon:

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

ODST was the best halo game.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!

Silver Striker posted:

ODST was the best halo game.

ODST was very good and is the only game I will miss from the 360.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Why would they be in Reach or 4? They were all sealed up yet in Reach, and were all killed at the end of 3. And ODST... takes place before they get to Earth (if they even did, which I don't even remember.)

All of those games would have been better with the flood so they should have put them in. Maybe when they rerelease the games on xbox one they will retroactively add the flood in, that would make them perfect games. The covenant were only there to make you forget that the flood would be in a game and then you were like BAM oh poo poo its the flood this just got real. Then youd spend the rest of the game shooting at awesome enemies who bungie made hard by giving them lots of health and poor ai over and over again in repetitive missions while telling everyone around you that yes this game is perfect and fun and full of new ideas

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014
The Flood were zombies. In a shooting game.

gently caress zombies in shooting games.

Halo is bad.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

yes the flood were very bad the first time and showed up in two more games after that

the zombie multiplayer mode was fun though.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Mach2 posted:

The Flood were zombies. In a shooting game.

gently caress zombies in shooting games.

Halo is bad.

no its actually good

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

PantsBandit posted:

no its actually good
drat, I can't argue with that. You win this round.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
halo is a good game

sorry haters

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

SunAndSpring posted:

Please don't mock Expensive AAA Cover Shooter #623 it triggers me

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

All games are good

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Halo is a console shooter and therefore is bad

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

DoubleDonut posted:

Halo is a console shooter and therefore is bad

says an actual retard

"oh no I cant acquire targets .01 seconds faster so this overrides everything else :cry:"

stfu

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
once you reach level twenty you grind for 40 hours to get a complete set of legendary gear

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

PantsBandit posted:

says an actual retard

"oh no I cant acquire targets .01 seconds faster so this overrides everything else :cry:"

stfu

I'm sorry you prefer controlling games like a baby who doesn't have motor control but it doesn't make your fisher-price shooters any good

• Locked thread