Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Is Ian Flynn still on the forums? Maybe we can summon him and get him to explain what the gently caress is going on here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Cheez posted:

Here is the correct sentence for Sonic 2006.

That's not fair, it only really does away with momentum.
And friction.
And sometimes gravity.
And I'm sure that there are at least a few branches of quantum mechanics that are a mildly pissed off.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

nine-gear crow posted:

Is Ian Flynn still on the forums? Maybe we can summon him and get him to explain what the gently caress is going on here.

He said that Sega gave Archie comics the full English script for Sonic 06 and they couldn't make it work. Think on that. Sonic '06 is such a hot mess, no one wants it, even comics.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Sep 17, 2014

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING

David D. Davidson posted:

You don't, trust me.

They've actually gotten a lot better in the last few years. After Ken Penders was out of the picture they fired basically everyone and brought in a whole new team of writers and artists, who did an admirable job of taking the bewildering pile of stupid Ken left behind and building something halfway decent out of it.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
The one thing I remember seeing in the comic at one point was this panel of a freakishly overly muscular Tails. Do I even want to know the context for that one?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Dr. Fetus posted:

The one thing I remember seeing in the comic at one point was this panel of a freakishly overly muscular Tails. Do I even want to know the context for that one?

No.

You want to know even less than you want to know anything else about Sonic comics. It's a very long story.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
All you need to know is that the current Sonic comics are a simpler, more light hearted affair that makes for easy, enjoyable reading. It's great to say that about the comics again.:unsmith:

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING

Dr. Fetus posted:

That depends on if you have the capacity to like things because they're hilariously bad, or if you require things to be good to enjoy them.

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx

Dr. Buttass posted:

That depends on if you have the capacity to like things because they're hilariously bad, or if you require things to be good to enjoy them.

Given that we're on a Sonic 2006 thread, I think this means that people should be spilling.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

I hope you like cut scenes! I hope you also like short cuts because as I played this I came to a decision, I'm going to use speed runs short cuts when the game lazily just repeats sections of itself. So if you haven't been watching the bonus videos you'll be in for some fun. Everyone will be in for some hubris, and of course graboids.

Part 20 (Graboids, Glitches and Hubris): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QokZ8v3RFbo

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Every time Knuckles appears on screen I wonder why his shoes have Lego bricks in them.

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING
I don't understand your choice of update image.

point of return posted:

Given that we're on a Sonic 2006 thread, I think this means that people should be spilling.

Oh yeah.

So basically it all comes back to the fact that Tails was The Chosen One because why the gently caress not, but when it was time to cash in his destiny he couldn't handle it, so he summoned all the Tailses in the multiverse and merged with them to become the hero Mobius deserved.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Dr. Buttass posted:

I don't understand your choice of update image.

Oh yeah.

So basically it all comes back to the fact that Tails was The Chosen One because why the gently caress not, but when it was time to cash in his destiny he couldn't handle it, so he summoned all the Tailses in the multiverse and merged with them to become the hero Mobius deserved.

I was looking for graboid fan art and found that. It's a graboid.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Never seeing Tremors should be some kind of crime :colbert:

That level was too long even with you speedrunning it, gah.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
You guys have been watching Danaru's Sonic Adventure 2 LP, haven't you?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

David D. Davidson posted:

You guys have been watching Danaru's Sonic Adventure 2 LP, haven't you?

I haven't, but now I'm curious would you mind linking it?

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Here you go, from the 2007 thread:

Danaru posted:

Let's Play Sonic Adventure 2 Episode 1 - Grace is Helpful

Before we decided to do this, I explained to Grace I had never played a 3d sonic game, and I've only ever played Sonic and Knuckles for like twenty minutes. I also explained that Grace, who's played almost all of them, needed to give me some instruction while we play so I didn't look like the biggest bag of poo poo to ever upload a garbage video onto youtube.

Please enjoy while Grace completely leaves me to the wolves.

I thought you were referencing things that were said in the other thread but it turns out that I mixed the two threads up.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

MassRafTer posted:

I was looking for graboid fan art and found that. It's a graboid.

Specially made with my blood, sweat, and tears.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
The origin of graboids is that they are either Precambrian or Devonian Age organisms

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Could you possibly upload a video of an "intended" S rank? According to the thread to get an S rank really easily you just have to kill all the enemies and get a bunch of rings without losing them. Since you've mostly been using speed run strats for this LP i would like to see you play like sombody that is playing the game for the first time would do.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

i would like to see you play like sombody that is playing the game for the first time would do.

So, a vid of him throwing the controller at the screen in anger and despair?

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

According to the thread to get an S rank really easily you just have to kill all the enemies and get a bunch of rings without losing them.

There is nothing easy about this. Certainly nothing fun.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The Chaos Drive should correctly work like this: 1. Face some enemies. 2. Hold down the square/whatever X-Box button. 3. Shadow instantly teleports between enemies, punching them. 4. The camera bugs out, killing you.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
I think you're supposed to hold down the Jump button, not the Action button, but I'm not sure. That attack has never worked properly for me.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Could you possibly upload a video of an "intended" S rank? According to the thread to get an S rank really easily you just have to kill all the enemies and get a bunch of rings without losing them. Since you've mostly been using speed run strats for this LP i would like to see you play like sombody that is playing the game for the first time would do.

I'll try to do one in the next few days. Oddly enough the next update will basically contain one of these but that's only because the level is a joke.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Speaking of not playing the game the right way, here's some massive slowdown and crap in Shadow's White Acropolis followed by a speedrun of the level.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWGjvclqlx8

Niggurath posted:

I must inform Hulkamatt.

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Sep 18, 2014

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
I love how in Flame Core, the designers obviously realized that the level is loving terrible and you die all the time because of random glitches (I'm consistently impressed by your ability to stay on walls you sideways-run on). Because their solution was obviously not "make the level into a not piece of poo poo", but rather "put 1-Ups everywhere". Too bad they only spawn once, eh? The original Sonic games respawned Power-Ups on restarting from a checkpoint, so they could go the modern-games-that-still-cling-to-lives-but-don't-want-to-be-poo poo-about-it route (like Mario Galaxy - not bad, old Sonic) in lovely (*coff Hydrocity 2) segments and put a 1-Up directly behind a checkpoint.

Sonic 06 is too bad for this.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
How does that suicide glitch work?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Flesnolk posted:

How does that suicide glitch work?

The mission ends when you blow up the last searchlight so you can kill yourself and still win.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Niggurath posted:

Amazing.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

I bet you want more Batwoman right? Well good because we get to play as her in the Tropical Jungle! It's a Rougetacular episode for all of you Sephora-maniacs! On top of all of that bat action you'll get the best line reading in all of Sonic 06! It's the must watch hit of the fall season!

Part 21 (Back to the Future): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjYCIWta5KA

AstroWhale
Mar 28, 2009
:psyduck: What?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

The chaos emerald was Omega's backup power source so he could last 200 years.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
The final boss in Sonic Generations is loving baffling. I still don't know exactly what I did to beat it, at least as far as why what I did worked sometimes but not the other times I did the same thing.

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

The Worldwide Deadly Gangster Communist President
"Hey, I know we haven't seen each other in a long time, but I'm gonna need you to sit still for a million years.

You okay with that? Cool."

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
So now there's two Omegas at this point in time.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
You know, they had time travel in this game. They actually could have had an excuse for having Gamma in the game. They would have probably screwed him up, sure, but everyone loves Gamma!

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Lord_Ventnor posted:

"Hey, I know we haven't seen each other in a long time, but I'm gonna need you to sit still for a million years.

You okay with that? Cool."

You ever have someone suggest something so loving weird to you that you do it just to see where it goes?

This is that, times infinity. Omega couldn't resist.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Fedule posted:

So now there's two Omegas at this point in time.

There's one Omega who happens to be in the same point of time twice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

That match at the end of the video was infinitely more entertaining than this game.

• Locked thread