Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

I'd enjoy PT a lot more if they added a shotgun and maybe some multiplayer maps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Fulchrum posted:

So do we know what languages Bloodbourne is gonna be released in on February 6th? Any chance of an English language Hong Kong version?

neetengie posted:

I think the Feb 6th release is worldwide, but it's probably just the Asian release.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/09/17/bloodborne-coming-262015-to-ps4-collectors-edition-detailed/

US and Japan February 6th. Europe probably around then, too.

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Shittiest taste in anime and video games.

AATREK CURES KIDS posted:

I didn't need to install drivers for it, I just configured the controller in Emuhawk. The problem doesn't seem to be with my drivers, the problem is with the controller unattaching itself from the PC so it can try communicating with the PS4 in the next room. I tried with another controller, this one is working and I'm not sure what's different.
I have no clue what Emuhawk is, I just use this and everything works out just fine, maybe just disconnect the PS4 when you're playing games on the PC with it.

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

I'd enjoy PT a lot more if they added a shotgun and maybe some multiplayer maps.
Oh gently caress off.
vv: I'd like to see the gameplay similar to how it was in the SH 1-3 games, that's all.

neetengie fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Sep 18, 2014

acksplode
May 17, 2004

neetengie posted:

Oh gently caress off.

Seriously. I've never seen a game more in need of a tight combo system and maybe a dodge maneuver.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2cYlwPMMRs

Here's the MGSV gameplay session. Looks loving awesome.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2cYlwPMMRs

Here's the MGSV gameplay session. Looks loving awesome.

Also here's a Gamersyde version: http://www.gamersyde.com/download_metal_gear_solid_v_the_phantom_pain_tgs_showfloor_presentation_part_-33008_en.html

It appears to have been shot from far to the left, though.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

neetengie posted:

Oh gently caress off.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Hahahaha holy gently caress, this is so wrong.

Snowcow
Oct 17, 2007

EU blog says the 6th for Europe too.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Hahahaha holy gently caress, this is so wrong.

I feel like a dumbass for asking this but what is this from?

EDIT:
Oh is that from PT? C'mon any game is better with a 2D FPS shotgun.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Deep Down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6eKPwv_LY4

Yakuza
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiMXAPBz0W4

Driveclub
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLy-d93S3Q8

Ys
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjBXXK_-sYk

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Ys VIII will be taking place between IV and V, they need to an include an unlockable option where you just hold your weapon straight out instead of using an attack button.

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

Just a couple of dudes on a road trip.

(I hope there is a deployable grill item)

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I know no one really gives a poo poo about talking about this game right now, but I finally dumped a few hours into Fez and I gotta say this game is like, really loving good. I know a bunch of people think Phil Fish is worse than Hitler, but I seriously can't believe how many people I've seen call it a lovely game on these forums. It has a super awesome sense of exploration and atmosphere, the puzzle platforming is mostly top notch. It just seems all around really inspired and unique. I'm kind of baffled as to why I didn't get into it more when it came out on Xbox.

E: also thisVVVVVVV...Jesus Christ this game looks amazing.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Sep 18, 2014

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

It looks like we are getting Bloodborne in February along with Japan (or at least I hope this is what that means).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rU8HfemdFc
Either way, trailer is dope.
:stonkhat:

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Also (possibly nws)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEk8FNW3e5Q
Ishin was something of a disappointment but this looks like the real deal. It's time to tear poo poo up in 80s Japan with disco and face smashing and dirty VHS tapes and retro haircuts and old arcade games and everything else. Yakuza games have more and more ridiculous content than anything else.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 09:49 on Sep 18, 2014

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

Can I just say that I'd happily take a text-only localization of Yakuza.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

I can't wait to play Final Fantasy: Jrock Road Trip

Vinz Clortho
Jul 19, 2004

NESguerilla posted:

I know no one really gives a poo poo about talking about this game right now, but I finally dumped a few hours into Fez and I gotta say this game is like, really loving good. I know a bunch of people think Phil Fish is worse than Hitler, but I seriously can't believe how many people I've seen call it a lovely game on these forums. It has a super awesome sense of exploration and atmosphere, the puzzle platforming is mostly top notch. It just seems all around really inspired and unique. I'm kind of baffled as to why I didn't get into it more when it came out on Xbox.

Yeah it was good.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Sprat Sandwich posted:

In Yakuza games a minority of the dialog is voice acted, so I don't think that would save so much money, relatively speaking. Either way, they are convinced, correctly or not, that the series is just too Japan specific to be worth the effort to export. For one thing, it has marketing tie-ups with like fifty Japan only brands of food and clothes and magazines and a bunch of other stuff. Those companies have probably invested a lot of money in the game being made for the Japanese market, but they have no reason to spend any money on a localization to elsewhere.

edit: vvv some people use a translation guide on the internet.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 10:22 on Sep 18, 2014

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

Sprat Sandwich posted:

This

Why the hell don't they do this watching these trailers of Yakuzas depressing as I know I'll never be able to play them.

Sure I can play them with no translation but whats the point as I don't understand Japanese language! :v:

Ashtarath
Oct 11, 2012

Samurai Sanders posted:

In Yakuza games a minority of the dialog is voice acted, so I don't think that would save so much money, relatively speaking. Either way, they are convinced, correctly or not, that the series is just too Japan specific to be worth the effort to export. For one thing, it has marketing tie-ups with like fifty Japan only brands of food and clothes and magazines and a bunch of other stuff.

There is also the fact that there is an absolute poo poo ton of lines they would actually need to translate, the yakuza series probably have more lines than most novels.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Ashtarath posted:

There is also the fact that there is an absolute poo poo ton of lines they would actually need to translate, the yakuza series probably have more lines than most novels.
Yeah, Yakuza games are seriously like four normal RPGs or whatever worth of content. They are a completely insane smorgasbord of gaming (not that every player will like all of it) and there's nothing else like them in the world. The comparison to either Shenmue or GTA doesn't do them justice; neither of those have anywhere near as much content.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Sep 18, 2014

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I can't remember the last time such an anticipated title as Bloodborne came out within 7 months of being announced. God bless you From. (I know they just held off announcing it until DS2 was out, but still).

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

Samurai Sanders posted:

In Yakuza games a minority of the dialog is voice acted, so I don't think that would save so much money, relatively speaking. Either way, they are convinced, correctly or not, that the series is just too Japan specific to be worth the effort to export. For one thing, it has marketing tie-ups with like fifty Japan only brands of food and clothes and magazines and a bunch of other stuff. Those companies have probably invested a lot of money in the game being made for the Japanese market, but they have no reason to spend any money on a localization to elsewhere.

Oh. I always thought that they didn't get localized because of the amount of voiceover work needed. That's a real bummer.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Man, I was so hyped on the PS4 train, and still am......but all of my friends chose Xbox One instead and now I play Destiny by myself while they have all their stories :(

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
^^^^ Don't worry, you can also feel bad about missing out on Crackdown.

Not trying to troll here, but can someone explain to me the fascination with Bloodborne and Demons Soul/Dark Souls/Dark Souls 2?

I played Demons Soul and didn't dig it much, but Dark Souls looked like a reskinned version with some tweaks, and Dark Souls 2 looked like a bigger, reskinneder version with more tweaks. Same types of areas, etc.

Bloodborne looks like a reskinned Dark Souls 2, albeit with a gothic/cathedral look to it.

Maybe it's just me, and I am fully prepared to admit I "don't get it", but it doesn't seem any different than the umpteen billion Call of Duty releases that come out where it's still the same basic game but in a browner environment with big poo poo to kill.

Am I just missing out on something with it, or is it just a niche that REALLY loves playing this same game over and over and over?

Not bitching about the game, cause again, haven't played it and don't plan to, I'm just wondering if there's something I am missing out on that isn't really shown in the trailers or reviews of the game. Seems to basically just be "THIS GAME IS HARD, NOW GO GET A SPEAR OR SWORD AND KILL poo poo IN THIS CASTLE, AND IN THIS OTHER, OH HO HO HO YOU DIED HAHAHHAHAHA NOW START OVER AGAIN WUSSY".

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Not trying to troll here, but can someone explain to me the fascination with Bloodborne and Demons Soul/Dark Souls/Dark Souls 2?

I played Demons Soul and didn't dig it much, but Dark Souls looked like a reskinned version with some tweaks, and Dark Souls 2 looked like a bigger, reskinneder version with more tweaks. Same types of areas, etc.

Bloodborne looks like a reskinned Dark Souls 2, albeit with a gothic/cathedral look to it.

Maybe it's just me, and I am fully prepared to admit I "don't get it", but it doesn't seem any different than the umpteen billion Call of Duty releases that come out where it's still the same basic game but in a browner environment with big poo poo to kill.

Am I just missing out on something with it, or is it just a niche that REALLY loves playing this same game over and over and over?

Not bitching about the game, cause again, haven't played it and don't plan to, I'm just wondering if there's something I am missing out on that isn't really shown in the trailers or reviews of the game. Seems to basically just be "THIS GAME IS HARD, NOW GO GET A SPEAR OR SWORD AND KILL poo poo IN THIS CASTLE, AND IN THIS OTHER, OH HO HO HO YOU DIED HAHAHHAHAHA NOW START OVER AGAIN WUSSY".

It's a very open game system as you can learn magic or miracles or swordplay, or multiple weird and interesting weapons. It's punishingly difficult but it generally doesn't feel unfair. Any death you have is earned. Any misstep you make is yours. THere are consequences to your actions when you get killed, which is pretty rare in that sort of game. Normally you just start the level again, but Demon's Souls, if you lose your souls, they're gone if you don't pick them back up. So there's a risk/reward thing going on. I love the visuals of the games too. The multiplayer system is innovative and for me, rewarding. The monster design is fairly unique.

I dunno. It's a lot of game, really.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

I do :(

But, to be fair, I have also yet to play Last of Us or any of the Uncharted's, and etc..

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

89 posted:

I do :(

But, to be fair, I have also yet to play Last of Us or any of the Uncharted's, and etc..

Not gonna lie man, if I can find an xbone on the cheap I'm buying it for Crackdown. I loving loved that game. The second one, not so much. The first one I played the gently caress outta that demo for hours until the game came out. That orb sound was like Pavlovian crack to me.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

They're hard but not unfair, the controls are ridiculously tight, the combat is probably the best of any ARPG and it's the closest thing you can get to a 3d metroidvania game.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

I think that's all there is it, I also simply don't like playing those games, but barring a few bugs they are very much reliant on the player's skills and reward you with a sense of satisfaction stemming from overcoming challenges by your own wits and mettle. Or at least they do for some people, unfortunately not for me. As long as the discussion is ended at that it's all fine, you don't want nor need to get into the specifics - all kind of games are not for everybody, Bloodborne is no exception.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Demon's Souls and Dark Souls are pretty different. The gameplay itself is similar, but the overall structure's worlds apart. Demon's Souls is set across 5 (?) smallish, mostly linear areas, while Dark Souls is set in a single, sprawling environment. And they came out like 3 years apart, so it's hardly an annual CoD thing.

You can accuse DS2 of being more of a cheap sequel release sort of thing, but that was more of a side game to keep people interested while the next big one's made (again a 3+ year gap). Sort of like AC Brotherhood, but not as loving blatant or disgusting. It works out to 3 base games with large evolutions in the gameplay, structure and setting and 1 spinoff/sequel over a 6 year period. That's not exactly playing the same game over and over again. It's no Monster Hunter.

Also your last paragraph is just being a purposefully ignorant oval office about it.

stev fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Sep 18, 2014

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Still weirded out about how incredibly hyped I am for Bloodborne. I haven't beaten any Souls game or really even been deep in them but that game, I need it. It's everything I want out of the souls genre. And that world. Oh man that world. I can't wait to get creeped out and die a billion times while smiling like an idiot at massive crows and creepy grandpas with massive fuckoff weapons.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm kind of the same, I've played all of the Souls games but they always get to a point where it's just a bit too much for me and I give up.
But it looks soooooo good.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
FF Type-0 dated for March 20th release in Europe (and Aus/NZ) and North America. The next generation is almost here!

Sony will present a new game on the last day of TGS apparently.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

MrLonghair posted:

FF Type-0 dated for March 20th release in Europe (and Aus/NZ) and North America. The next generation is almost here!

Was that considered a good game? I remember it being announced like 10 years ago but never heard about it again, except when it was occasionally mentioned alongside VersusXIII.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It got a weird sort of 'hype' because it's one of the only FF games to never get an English translation, until now, I can't tell you if it's any good until March though. :v:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Nope. Gameplay is too reliant on waiting around for the weakspot/instakill marker to show up, a lot of magic is pretty useless, the characters level up separately (so you need to grind your butt off), the characters barely have any character, the story becomes incomprehensible ala FF13 towards the end and you need to read datalogs to have any idea what the hell is going on. The atmosphere and setting is pretty neat, though, as is the music.

Maybe they'll fix some of the problems, but they probably won't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Steve2911 posted:

Was that considered a good game? I remember it being announced like 10 years ago but never heard about it again, except when it was occasionally mentioned alongside VersusXIII.

I've played it a bit after the fan translation was released and I think it's not very good, merely good - I think the amount of waiting and obvious hope of release/no release has gotten it far too much hype through no effort of SE, but I don't think it was worth waiting for for so long. If the price it set as a budget title, like they do with their other HD rereleases, then it'd be worth, if like the announced PS4 version of Sleeping Dogs, then no way, especially since it'll be only console based with no Vita version (other than Remote Play, of course, but that's hardly SE's accolade).

• Locked thread