Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Musket
Mar 19, 2008

East Lake posted:

What groundbreaking style will dorkroomers cultivate next?

:thumbsup:

The next groundbreaking style will be deleting your flickr when mod challenged.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy
Can someone page Bart to ask him what makes or breaks a landscape in his honest opinion?

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Nice street photography.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Bart Radfucker for president! :allears:

East Lake
Sep 13, 2007

For people who only try to put the lines in the right place you seem to be having a lot of trouble with perspective. Let me help you out.

http://handprint.com/HP/WCL/tech10.html

Learning more from my shitposts than a year of taking photos. :snoop:

MrBlandAverage posted:

Hey, so since you haven't posted again, I had a thought: does this mean you're going to go back to not discussing landscapes for another year? Just wondering. I'll just go ahead and mark "EAST LAKE SHITPOST" on my calendar for September 20th, 2015.
Marking your calendar sounds like a good plan. Am I supposed to feel ashamed or something, why should I post often in this lovely thread? Here's another good resource for the art challenged. http://www.amazon.com/Vision-Art-Bi...ology+of+seeing

I'm dropping so many resources on you rubes you don't know how to react aside from hostility. This thread hasn't been this great in years.

Musket
Mar 19, 2008

East Lake posted:

For people who only try to put the lines in the right place you seem to be having a lot of trouble with perspective. Let me help you out.

Marking your calendar sounds like a good plan. Am I supposed to feel ashamed or something, why should I post often in this lovely thread? Here's another good resource for the art challenged. http://www.amazon.com/Vision-Art-Bi...ology+of+seeing

I'm dropping so many resources on you rubes you don't know how to react aside from hostility. This thread hasn't been this great in years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVm6BLe6xlg

Shut up.

Musket fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Sep 18, 2014

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

I like to think Bart only shoots in the 60 minutes before sundown, as anything besides golden photons shorten sensor life, and the air moisture levels correlate with those providing the highest resolving power in his optics. He probably also argues on the Internet about what art is, what questions deserve answers, and whether EttR is worth it. There's a little Bart Radfucker in all of us :unsmith:

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

East Lake posted:

For people who only try to put the lines in the right place you seem to be having a lot of trouble with perspective.

:thejoke:

East Lake posted:

And we're supposed to drop to our knees and thank the lord for your drive-by thread-making GBS threads?

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

With these Zombie Eyes he rendered her powerless - With this Zombie Grip he made her perform his every desire!

East Lake posted:

:flaccid:

ZippySLC
Jun 3, 2002

~what is art, baby dont post, dont post, no more~

no seriously don't post
This was pretty much the polar opposite of what I was trying to get at when I asked my question.

When did this place become a FYAD-Lite?

Edit: And a new custom title, too. Someone was mad!

Musket
Mar 19, 2008
If only i had read some books on art, i could have made art.

feigning interest
Jun 22, 2007

I just hate seeing anything go to waste.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Art loving sucks

Mlyp

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc
Geez, I mean I joke about it but did one of us actually gently caress East Lake's mom? He seems real mad.. BTW I'm phone posting this while out being a landscapist in the blasted hell hole that is central New York so suck it Badposter McAmazonartbook.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Everyone on this forum is mad, all the time. It's the angriest forum I visit. All it takes is one misplaced comment, and boom it's 10 pages of people getting poo poo off their chest.

Just chill out man and take some cool pics. :rznv:

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Young Orc

xzzy posted:

Everyone on this forum is mad, all the time. It's the angriest forum I visit. All it takes is one misplaced comment, and boom it's 10 pages of people getting poo poo off their chest.

Just chill out man and take some cool pics. :rznv:

Shut the gently caress up.

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

I think there was an uptick in shitposting after the "make fun of bad photographers" thread went away. The hate got redirected inward.

East Lake
Sep 13, 2007

MrBlandAverage posted:

:thejoke:

And we're supposed to drop to our knees and thank the lord for your drive-by thread-making GBS threads?
Scared of the divine? You were lucky enough that the lord sent his prophet to drop bombs of wisdom on this art forsaken thread. Hope that next year you'll be as lucky as this one.

8th-snype posted:

Geez, I mean I joke about it but did one of us actually gently caress East Lake's mom? He seems real mad.. BTW I'm phone posting this while out being a landscapist in the blasted hell hole that is central New York so suck it Badposter McAmazonartbook.
:iceburn:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

East Lake posted:

Scared of the divine? You were lucky enough that the lord sent his prophet to drop bombs of wisdom on this art forsaken thread. Hope that next year you'll be as lucky as this one.
:iceburn:

Someone has a case of the Mondays.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

ZippySLC posted:

When did this place become a FYAD-Lite?

We're just havin' a fun little contest so we can all calm down a bit and laff at intentionally bad landscapes.

Also... ADDITIONAL BONUS JUDGE!

Hockey moderator Hand Knit (RIP Marty) will be joining our judging panel as an impartial outside observer who probably wouldn't know art if someone wrote the word on a puck and fired it at his two remaining teeth. What I mean to say is I think he'll fit in perfectly.

Musket
Mar 19, 2008

SoundMonkey posted:

We're just havin' a fun little contest so we can all calm down a bit and laff at intentionally bad landscapes.

Also... ADDITIONAL BONUS JUDGE!

Hockey moderator Hand Knit (RIP Marty) will be joining our judging panel as an impartial outside observer who probably wouldn't know art if someone wrote the word on a puck and fired it at his two remaining teeth. What I mean to say is I think he'll fit in perfectly.

Has Hand Knit read the required books and essays listed in previous posts?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Bubbacub posted:

The hate got redirected inward.

The only way to make true art

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Musket posted:

Has Hand Knit read the required books and essays listed in previous posts?

If he had he'd be disqualified from judging.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

8th-snype posted:

Shut the gently caress up.

Not until everyone else shuts the gently caress up too!

Now to dig through my catalog of pictures involving ice rinks, that's sure to give me an edge.

Verman
Jul 4, 2005
Third time is a charm right?
The last couple pages have given me haunting flashbacks of my freshman year of art school.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Verman posted:

The last couple pages have given me haunting flashbacks of my freshman year of art school the portrait thread a few months ago.

Musket
Mar 19, 2008

in this to win this.

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth

Bubbacub posted:

I think there was an uptick in shitposting after the "make fun of bad photographers" thread went away. The hate got redirected inward.

I really miss that thread. :smith:

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Sludge Tank posted:

I really miss that thread. :smith:

it might come back. some day. maybe.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

SoundMonkey posted:

it might come back. some day. maybe.

I know you like alcohol and all, but even taking that into account I figured you would have picked up we're already in that thread. Right this very second!

Will WEEDLORD BONERHITLER be making an appearance?

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

xzzy posted:

I know you like alcohol and all, but even taking that into account I figured you would have picked up we're already in that thread. Right this very second!

Will WEEDLORD BONERHITLER be making an appearance?

if you think we're in that thread then you have way happier memories of the old thread than i do.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

I can't say what makes or breaks a bad photography thread, but that one was really good.

Dread Head
Aug 1, 2005

0-#01

SoundMonkey posted:

Nice try, non-D4-having shitlord.

Yeah well.

:smuggo:

I rest my case.

Shnakepup
Oct 16, 2004

Paraphrasing moments of genius

Shadows not at +100? DISQUALIFIED.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Shnakepup posted:

Shadows not at +100? DISQUALIFIED.

Look at this scrub who's never heard of a little thing called postprocess to the right.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

big scary monsters posted:

Look at this scrub who's never heard of a little thing called postprocess to the right.

There's a handy saying: expose for whatever, post process for social media.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.

deaders posted:

I'm so sorry

you call that hdr

deaders
Jun 14, 2002

Someone felt sorry enough for me to change my custom title.
I can't figure this HDR thing out

Carpark Palm Trees, Scarborough, September 2014 by s d photo, on Flickr

Scarborough, September 2014 by s d photo, on Flickr

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

Ah Scabs, my Dad held the speed record through the roundabout on Scarborough Beach Rd in the early 70's with his fully sick Torana :boonie: :australia:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

IMG_7508 by francography, on Flickr

IMG_7485 by francography, on Flickr