Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
slev
Apr 6, 2009

Darth TNT posted:

New chapter is out. The plot suddenly lurches forward and just as you find yourself interested...it ends again. It was quite short. :(

Two tongued the Wind is going to spin them around real fast to blow everyone?

You are thinking of the wrong meaning of wind going off what happened this chapter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Well I have to admit the visual effect is cool as hell.
Would love to have seen that animated, but alas.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

slev posted:

You are thinking of the wrong meaning of wind going off what happened this chapter.

Wait, you mean wind like a winding road? :doh: That does make more sense than what I was thinking and fits better with the images.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
It is a tad annoying that he has Aizen levels of super buddies/megaplanning to get him through every conceivable jam he's been put in front of.

Would it have been too much to just make Ywach super loving strong? Like, confident enough to take on the Soul King levels of strong.

Then we could have done away with half of the gimmicky Quincy and have YWach single handedly wipe the floor with all of the Shinigami because he's on par with their equivalent to god.

The entire invasion could have just been him and a few lieutenants or something. The LT's taking on and easily dispatching all of the all of the lower "named" Shinigami, while all of the captains team up to take on Ywach only to get their poo poo collectively pushed in before Old Man Yama steps in arrogantly to get beaten down too (the entire point would be to show up the Shinigami arrogance that they've allegedly had).

You could also have done the whole Kenpachi training during this too. Show the whole "unlocking his power" segment while the Yama fight is going on to make him out to be a stand in "saviour" while Ichigo's off super training with Squad Zero.

After Yama dies, Kenpachi arrives and goes all out on Ywach but still isn't enough to kill him. Ichigo then shows up only to end up being what lets Yama into the spirit King Realm.

Then we've got a final section of Ywach smashing all of the Squad Zero while Ichigo discovers a way back to the Spirit King/gets all emotionally hyped at a destroyed Soul Society followed up by the final part of Ichigo returning in the nick of time with his full super mega powers to beat Ywach at the end.

Hell, they could have used the impending threat of Ywach as a reason to send Ichigo to the Spirit King to get his powers back and discover all the super hybrid poo poo up there.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Who reads Bleach for the plot these days? I stick around just to see whatever clown powers Kubo cooks up this week for the other side to stab at.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
So this guy would be better suited to fight Shunsui...right?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Sternritter Wonderweiss we'd give a gently caress about yet another pointless waste of a chapter Seriously though, the parallels are just dopey. I know Bleach kinda re-iterates on itself but "here is my get out of jail card and he is a stupid looking W" feels just samey enough I'm bored.

I did enjoy the opening scene though.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Spiderdrake posted:

Sternritter Wonderweiss we'd give a gently caress about yet another pointless waste of a chapter Seriously though, the parallels are just dopey. I know Bleach kinda re-iterates on itself but "here is my get out of jail card and he is a stupid looking W" feels just samey enough I'm bored.

I did enjoy the opening scene though.

The parallels are so similar that I'm almost expecting for an Aizen turn-face where he explains he knew everything Ywach was going to do and sought out to test the mettle of SS to make sure they were ready or do it himself with the hougokyo if that failed.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Voted Worst Mom posted:

The parallels are so similar that I'm almost expecting for an Aizen turn-face where he explains he knew everything Ywach was going to do and sought out to test the mettle of SS to make sure they were ready or do it himself with the hougokyo if that failed.

Im still waitinghoping for Kubo to break my expectations.
Soul King not caring much about Ichigo's specialness
Aizen laughing his rear end off about how he hasn't had to plan anything, protags did all the work anyways.

That kind of thing.

Thoren
May 28, 2008
Juha Bach's secret weapon against Tenjiro Kirinji and Senjumaru Shutara was none other than Nianzol Weizol?

I didn't see that one coming.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Thoren posted:

Juha Bach's secret weapon against Tenjiro Kirinji and Senjumaru Shutara was none other than Nianzol Weizol?

I didn't see that one coming.

Isn't that the guy from One Direction?

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

hiddenriverninja posted:

Isn't that the guy from One Direction?

Just reading this made me start rewriting "You don't know you're beautiful" as "You don't know why you're powerful" about Ichigo's bullshit power ups, but I refuse to actually write it out since that would mean admitting that I know some of the words to a One Direction song.

Oh wait, poo poo-!

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010
When Urahara was doing the countdown, I immediately thought of Number One. It would be very appropriate BGM if Bleach ever gets animated again (I wish)

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Parrotine posted:

Who reads Bleach for the plot these days? I stick around just to see whatever clown powers Kubo cooks up this week for the other side to stab at.

We don't even see those clown powers anymore because there's too much loving bloat.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Pepe's dead now? Good. Guy was creepy as all gently caress. :colbert:

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

More like he failed to meet all expectations

Jesse James
Oct 11, 2009

IchiGO?
Wait wait wait...

Ichigo left the palace to go to the seireitei just to go straight back to the palace?!

:doh:

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Jesse James posted:

Wait wait wait...

Ichigo left the palace to go to the seireitei just to go straight back to the palace?!

:doh:

It's slightly worse, Ichigo taking the quick way down from the palace actually made it possible for YWACH to get up to the palace and that's why Ichigo has to go back.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Ichigo arrived in time to save Kenpachi, though he didn't actually beat any of Ken's opponents. He accomplished absolutely nothing else before hooking up with Urahara and heading back up. We could have had a sweet 1v4 battle, but instead most of the fighting happened off-panel.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Just realized that 1 year ago, Hitsugaya and Rangiku had come back to fight sans bankai, but together. A year later he gets jobbed out off screen.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.

hagie posted:

Just realized that 1 year ago, Hitsugaya and Rangiku had come back to fight sans bankai, but together. A year later he gets jobbed out off screen.

This made me realize that Bleach is moving at a lightning pace compared to Naruto.

Ajaxify
May 6, 2009
Can someone explain to me what the gently caress happened in this chapter? I've read it three times now and I don't understand.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Ajaxify posted:

Can someone explain to me what the gently caress happened in this chapter? I've read it three times now and I don't understand.

Mouth girl ate love guy, YWACH easily proceeds through the spirit king's palace because some never-before-seen sternritter's power magically makes him invulnerable, Urahara makes preparations to send Ichigo & co back to the palace by firing them out of a big cannon.

Shugojin fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Sep 19, 2014

Ajaxify
May 6, 2009
I guess a part of me was just hoping it needed more than three sentences to summarize it.

New game: accurately describe a bleach chapter in as few words as possible.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Ajaxify posted:

I guess a part of me was just hoping it needed more than three sentences to summarize it.

Fighting.

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends

Tunicate posted:

Fighting.

And sometimes not even that.

I love how double bullshit W The Wave's ability is because it apparently also allows him to exist in some invisible or hidden state until Kubo pulls him out of his rear end. Considering this is Bleach, however, he's obviously going to get countered and be useless by the next trick someone in the Soul Palace pulls out, making the question of why Bach wasn't just fast enough to dodge attacks in the first place never get asked.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID

Ajaxify posted:

Outfits.

Edit:

Advice posted:

I love how double bullshit W The Wave's ability is because it apparently also allows him to exist in some invisible or hidden state until Kubo pulls him out of his rear end. Considering this is Bleach, however, he's obviously going to get countered and be useless by the next trick someone in the Soul Palace pulls out, making the question of why Bach wasn't just fast enough to dodge attacks in the first place never get asked.

Probably by someone who can hit everywhere at once.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Ajaxify posted:

How about in a single ad?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Advice posted:

Considering that all their powers are belong to Bach he is the one dodging.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Ajaxify posted:

The Heart

|Ziggy|
Oct 2, 2004

Advice posted:

I think the come out of shadow thing might be a different sternritter's power and also makes more sense as that's where they all were hiding for the past 10000 years.

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master

Fhqwhgads posted:

Probably by someone who can hit everywhere at once.

Or maybe everywhen. Let's drag the Fullbringers back for one last rear end-pull. "We've been best buds for years! Also I slit your throat in your sleep three weeks ago." :unsmigghh:

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends

|Ziggy| posted:

I think the come out of shadow thing might be a different sternritter's power and also makes more sense as that's where they all were hiding for the past 10000 years.

I thought the whole point of the shadows thing was they could exist on a separate plane or something and not interact with the Shinigami while they lived among them. If they not only could use their powers while in that form, but also can still use it, why have any Sternritter died? Just banish yourself to the shadow realm and use your abilities to kill all the shinigami.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Advice posted:

I thought the whole point of the shadows thing was they could exist on a separate plane or something and not interact with the Shinigami while they lived among them. If they not only could use their powers while in that form, but also can still use it, why have any Sternritter died? Just banish yourself to the shadow realm and use your abilities to kill all the shinigami.

They can't anymore becuase Mayuri paid the light bill after 500 years and they spent all of that time waiting for Ywach to wake up from his power nap

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Ajaxify posted:

Chapter 597: Wind Hax

White Light fucked around with this message at 11:39 on Sep 20, 2014

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Huh. I just noticed that Parasyte Girl's shoes look like mouths.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
She's got blood on her mouth. Guess she had to eat muscles girl.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

I thought it was more like she got punched in the face when they got trounced off screen

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends

Say Nothing posted:

Huh. I just noticed that Parasyte Girl's shoes look like mouths.

And her wings look like rows of teeth. I think the main thing I like about the Sternritter is their release is unique to them and their power visually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Lamebot posted:

She's got blood on her mouth. Guess she had to eat muscles girl.

No she got punched in the face.

• Locked thread