Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

mllaneza posted:

A smart quarterback and a smart businessman.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2203196-peyton-manning-infers-pizza-business-is-good-in-colorado-due-to-legalization

A 25% increase in profits is pretty drat good.

You have to be stoned to think Papa Johns pizza is worth buying. Hell, maybe i'll invest in a papa johns franchise in Colorado.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

oh good, now we're going to argue about what pizza chain is better and then everyone will start talking about their lovely local pizza place

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

JT Jag posted:

This is probably a joke, but from 2000 to 2010 over 200,000 new residents were either born in or moved to Jacksonville. It's one of the fastest-growing cities in the United States: in Florida only Orlando is growing faster than Jacksonville.

Jesus, why? What's the point of Jacksonville? I mean Orlando is for theme parks and family entertainment, Tampa is for strip clubs, Miami is for rich people, Daytona is for spring break and car racing, Gainesville is for the Gators, Naples to Sarasota is for retirees but what is Jacksonville for?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Its Miller Time posted:

This graph owns.

I wish Nate knew enough about football to show us where Romo falls on that.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/skeptical-football-manning-vs-messi-and-andrew-luck-experiment/

I'm a couple of pages back, but I looked up a bit. Based just on Tony Romo's 4th quarter comeback information from http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/comeback.cgi?player=RomoTo00 he has 20 4QC. Of those there are 0 games where the cowboys were down by 15 or more. So he's on some spot on the zero line with the other big cluster. For wins when trailing by 8 or more at some point, he has 8 wins. So on the second graph he's probably somewhere in the 30-40 range of dots in opportunities.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

No Butt Stuff posted:

oh good, now we're going to argue about what pizza chain is better and then everyone will start talking about their lovely local pizza place

All local places are poo poo. Pizza Hut stuffed crust, bitch.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

A Pale Horse posted:

Jesus, why? What's the point of Jacksonville? I mean Orlando is for theme parks and family entertainment, Tampa is for strip clubs, Miami is for rich people, Daytona is for spring break and car racing, Gainesville is for the Gators, Naples to Sarasota is for retirees but what is Jacksonville for?
The beaches are just as good here as they are anywhere else in Florida. Perhaps more importantly, the city is huge, it incorporates the entirety of Duval County. What is considered "Jacksonville" would be an entire metropolitan area for a lot of other cities.

But still, there's always a ton of new development to try and fill in all the empty space, and house prices here are really cheap as a result.

When my parents moved to Jacksonville in the 80s, there was basically just... nothing here, or so I'm told. But over the last few decades, it's fundamentally transformed, into an actual town. Not a great town mind you, not a grand metropolis, but it's not a single barn and a mule.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Hmmm who's going to spin us into pointless pizza chat derail--

Chichevache posted:

All local places are poo poo. Pizza Hut stuffed crust, bitch.
Oh right

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

My friends, all pizza is created equal when you are stoned.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

I'd like to take any mention of Jerome Simpson to tell the story of the time during a preseason game when, he caught like a 6 yard pass on third down and was immediately tackled, noticed he was past the stick, and jumped up and dramatically signaled first down

It was 3rd and 13 or so and he had passed the stick that marked where the drive began

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Make your own pizza.

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

I'd like to take any mention of Jerome Simpson to tell the story of the time during a preseason game when, he caught like a 6 yard pass on third down and was immediately tackled, noticed he was past the stick, and jumped up and dramatically signaled first down

It was 3rd and 13 or so and he had passed the stick that marked where the drive began

:lol:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Shut up about pizza and make fun of Brian Schottenheimer

Note the down and location of all the receivers.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

old dog child posted:

I wanna hang out with Jags fans

Especially this one

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Intruder posted:

Especially this one

That's actually me.

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

JT Jag posted:

Not a great town mind you, not a grand metropolis, but it's not a single barn and a mule.

40 acres, a mule, and Blake Bortles.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Intruder posted:

Especially this one

What about Giant Foam Pussy guy

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Kalli posted:

waiting for the Ultimate B-Schotts play where every single 5-wide receiver waits for a screen pass

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Kalli posted:

Sad thing is they probably still got at least 8 yards on that play. :smith:

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.
someone post that screencap of chip's first eagles game with the crazy formation and the washington defense dude looking at shanahan with his hands in the air in resignation

e: not the exact one but close enough

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Roddy White likely out today (hamstring)

This game somehow managed to look worse

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

I spend a lot of time making posts to justify why I'm not a self centered shithead that just wants to act like COVID isn't a thing.
Uh Chris, have you been following the news lately? Maaaaaybe not the best nickname right now.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

gohuskies posted:

Uh Chris, have you been following the news lately? Maaaaaybe not the best nickname right now.

Also what do the founding fathers have to do with native americans, other than slaughtering them?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

CNN.jpg

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole
It's funnier because that cardinal has a bat.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Intruder posted:

James Palmer ✔ @JPalmerCSN
Saw Jadeveon Clowney in the locker room. Sleeve on his left knee, no brace, no limp. Was there for a minute and unavailable for interview

Sounds... promising? I don't know, is that normal for just under two weeks after a knee scope to trim the meniscus?

Yeah, it's why some nba players get that operation done instead of a repair. A couple weeks as opposed to several months. Of course, it means that his knees have less cushioning now bury I don't know how much that matters in football.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Apparently a player on the Bucs is also in trouble?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

The Jets DV is from a practice squad rookie. Can you even "deactivate" them?

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

Benne posted:

CNN.jpg

It's funny cause under no circumstances should Jonathan Dwyer be considered a star.

Strasburgs UCL
Jul 28, 2009

Hang in there little buddy

johnfw50 posted:

It's funny cause under no circumstances should Jonathan Dwyer be considered a star.

Nobody knew who he was before he hit his wife, so yeah.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Former goonette Allex featured in this article.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

FizFashizzle posted:

This rules

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
After most recent arrest RT @Vikings: #Vikings release WR Jerome Simpson.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

That's Allex? I've talked to her a few times and I didn't even know, lol

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Vertical Lime posted:

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
After most recent arrest RT @Vikings: #Vikings release WR Jerome Simpson.

Sign him Panthers

BE THE HEEL

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
N: So this is Cody Latimer

V: lol if Andre Caldwell ever plays another snap

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Christ Pseudoscientist posted:

I appreciate the job MacKenzie has done cleaning up the roster of bad contracts and not trading draft picks every year (except for the two spent on Schaub and Flynn whoops) but his drafting hasn't been great. Allen has not really shown anything with the Raiders either. For a defensive coach this defense seems to have shown 0 progress.

In my opinion the only correct solution is to make Charles Woodson the head coach.
The only thing that does give me pause for thought with McKenzie is how incredible the 2014 draft class looks (like, there could easily be five NFL starters out of there). 2012 was bad although to be fair the team had no pick before the 3rd round (though he did then waste said pick anyway), 2013 could change a lot but right now three of the top four picks either already busted (Tyler loving Wilson) or are looking ominous (D.J. Hayden, Menelik Watson), and that's inexcusable at the start of a rebuild.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Homestar Runner posted:

he can't even stay off the healthy scratch list

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Homestar Runner posted:

Andre Caldwell might be the worst receiver I have ever seen

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
@robertsalonga · 6m
BREAKING: @SanJosePD releases report of May 24 incident at home of 49ers' Ray McDonald where female resident got gun during argument (cont.)

Robert Salonga @robertsalonga · 5m
... report does not specifically name McDonald or woman, but mentions engaged couple at home. Female reportedly relented when male (cont.)

Robert Salonga @robertsalonga · 4m
... said he was calling 911. No arrests. McDonald was listed resident at time of report and is known to live there with fiancee @mercnews

Well that's a little different :stare:

Edit: Salonga is a crime reporter for the San Jose Mercury News

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

Andre Caldwell might be the worst receiver I have ever seen

He's pretty awful. Peyton can't even make him look good. But Fox likes to let rookies wait in line for their turn so Caldwell gets the snaps. So dumb. Latimer should be the top back up on this team even if he's a rookie because his talent far exceeds Caldwell's and Wes Welker will die this season.

• Locked thread