Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

mllaneza posted:

A smart quarterback and a smart businessman.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2203196-peyton-manning-infers-pizza-business-is-good-in-colorado-due-to-legalization

A 25% increase in profits is pretty drat good.

He should've bought little caesar's then. Hot n Ready. Can't beat that poo poo when you're blown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

wheez the roux posted:

someone post that screencap of chip's first eagles game with the crazy formation and the washington defense dude looking at shanahan with his hands in the air in resignation

Yeah they pretty much do that every week.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
John Fox is an rear end

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Remember a few days ago when the league claimed the pink out was going to be lessened this year as part a of a planned thing to focus on the military instead?

Yeah, Jason La Canfora just annihilated that in pregame. Turns out a bunch of companies were going to have a massive pink push with players on all 32 teams that was scrapped after Adrian Peterson's stuff came out.

Whoops!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Kalli posted:

Remember a few days ago when the league claimed the pink out was going to be lessened this year as part a of a planned thing to focus on the military instead?

Yeah, Jason La Canfora just annihilated that in pregame. Turns out a bunch of companies were going to have a massive pink push with players on all 32 teams that was scrapped after Adrian Peterson's stuff came out.

Whoops!

15,000 pink Adrian Peterson jerseys are on their way to be worn with collections of Buffalo Bills Super Bowl Champion T-shirts.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kalli posted:

I can't believe they keep trying stuff like this. You have to know the story will come out.

Ugly Tony
May 6, 2005

It's not even Tuesday, dog

Chris de Sperg posted:

The only thing that does give me pause for thought with McKenzie is how incredible the 2014 draft class looks (like, there could easily be five NFL starters out of there). 2012 was bad although to be fair the team had no pick before the 3rd round (though he did then waste said pick anyway), 2013 could change a lot but right now three of the top four picks either already busted (Tyler loving Wilson) or are looking ominous (D.J. Hayden, Menelik Watson), and that's inexcusable at the start of a rebuild.

Their third round pick in '12 was a compensatory pick though so knocking him for "wasting" the 97th overall pick is a little tit for tat. Hayden is starting to look like a bust but he's only played in what 6 or so games? I thought he showed some promise when he came back last year but yeah if he can't get back on the field in 2014 then that 2013 draft class looks like a complete dud. I'm more concerned with the corners he brings in every year to the same results.

Gerund
Sep 12, 2007

He push a man

back a page

JT Jag posted:

This is probably a joke, but from 2000 to 2010 over 200,000 new residents were either born in or moved to Jacksonville. It's one of the fastest-growing cities in the United States: in Florida only Orlando is growing faster than Jacksonville.

Jacksonville's growth in a decade is only 12% more than Seattle had in the last year.

Kalli posted:

Whoops!

Can I get a link? This poo poo is amazing. Goodell should walk the plank.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Hey 49er's fans. How's Justin Smith this year? He sucked last year, but I've been reading stuff that he's looking like him old self now?

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

I can't believe they keep trying stuff like this. You have to know the story will come out.

At this point its becoming some sort of dark comedy. Their incompetence over the past two weeks has been stunning and scary to behold. I didn't think Goodell's job was ever really in danger, but I am starting to think that if two or three more things pile on within the month it really could be curtains for him.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Has he even been seen in the last 10 days?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Gerund posted:

Can I get a link? This poo poo is amazing. Goodell should walk the plank.

Not seeing any news articles. La Canfora just spent a few minutes on it in pregame.

A Pale Horse posted:

At this point its becoming some sort of dark comedy. Their incompetence over the past two weeks has been stunning and scary to behold. I didn't think Goodell's job was ever really in danger, but I am starting to think that if two or three more things pile on within the month it really could be curtains for him.

Yeah, even ignoring everything else, the NFL's management has looked incredibly incompetent and reactionary in all of this. Their security department has to either be incompetent or incredibly pissed as well considering how much they've been thrown under the bus in this.

Dirt Worshipper
Apr 2, 2007

Paralithodes Californiensis

89 posted:

Hey 49er's fans. How's Justin Smith this year? He sucked last year, but I've been reading stuff that he's looking like him old self now?

He's the only person getting pressure, so yeah he's doing well. I'm not sure he's quite back to his old form. He's not injured like last year, which helps.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Spoeank posted:

@robertsalonga · 6m
BREAKING: @SanJosePD releases report of May 24 incident at home of 49ers' Ray McDonald where female resident got gun during argument (cont.)

Robert Salonga @robertsalonga · 5m
... report does not specifically name McDonald or woman, but mentions engaged couple at home. Female reportedly relented when male (cont.)

Robert Salonga @robertsalonga · 4m
... said he was calling 911. No arrests. McDonald was listed resident at time of report and is known to live there with fiancee @mercnews

Well that's a little different :stare:

Edit: Salonga is a crime reporter for the San Jose Mercury News

Wait, did McDonald hit her and she got a gun to protect herself or did she threaten him with it first or what the gently caress?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

@JasonLaCanfora
Proctor&Gamble/Crest Toothpast have pulled a widespread, leaguewide campaign involving all 32 teams due to recent off field events...
The campaign was to have players on all 32 clubs wear pink mouthguards during Breast Cancer Awareness month and engage in social media

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Dirty Chub posted:

Their third round pick in '12 was a compensatory pick though so knocking him for "wasting" the 97th overall pick is a little tit for tat. Hayden is starting to look like a bust but he's only played in what 6 or so games? I thought he showed some promise when he came back last year but yeah if he can't get back on the field in 2014 then that 2013 draft class looks like a complete dud. I'm more concerned with the corners he brings in every year to the same results.
Tony Bergstrom has started one NFL game and was on the roster bubble this year. I know it was at the rear-end of the round and I know those guys don't make that much of an impact usually but that's still a bad pick. I really don't feel good about Hayden honestly, we've been promised constantly he'll be back soon and he just keeps hurting himself again. In fairness Rogers and Brown look alright although Chimdi loving Chekwa as a starter is one of those situations you don't want ever.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Chris James 2 posted:

@JasonLaCanfora
Proctor&Gamble/Crest Toothpast have pulled a widespread, leaguewide campaign involving all 32 teams due to recent off field events...
The campaign was to have players on all 32 clubs wear pink mouthguards during Breast Cancer Awareness month and engage in social media

The NFL doesn't care about breasts. :colbert:

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!

DO YALL WANT A HAM posted:

John Fox is an rear end

He's an old-school, ultra-conservative coach on a team that has no business being conservative, neither offensively nor defensively.

So yeah he's an rear end.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

John Fox loving owns

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

FizFashizzle posted:

Former goonette Allex featured in this article.

I'll never forget randomly finding out it was her getting married at the beach when I was out of class one day during law school.

Snowman Crossing
Dec 4, 2009

Brannock posted:

Make your own pizza.

What are you some kind of poor?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

John Fox loving owns

You just like him because he's the only thing holding back the Broncos :argh:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

old dog child posted:

You just like him because he's the only thing holding back the Broncos :argh:

He's an Aztec and still gives a lot of money to SDSU athletics

He and Steve Fisher are friends.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Oh, that's fair. If UCSB had a football program I might have learned stuff like that. One day..

e: well we have futbol i guess

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

The pink poo poo is loving annoying

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Chris de Sperg posted:

Tony Bergstrom has started one NFL game and was on the roster bubble this year. I know it was at the rear-end of the round and I know those guys don't make that much of an impact usually but that's still a bad pick. I really don't feel good about Hayden honestly, we've been promised constantly he'll be back soon and he just keeps hurting himself again. In fairness Rogers and Brown look alright although Chimdi loving Chekwa as a starter is one of those situations you don't want ever.

:allears:

https://vine.co/v/OWexETUqHwb

https://vine.co/v/OWiadPne9pe

Blitz of 404 Error fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Sep 19, 2014

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

old dog child posted:

Oh, that's fair. If UCSB had a football program I might have learned stuff like that. One day..

Not sure about you slackers up north but UCSD is undefeated at football

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

African AIDS cum posted:

Not sure about you slackers up north but UCSD is undefeated at football

go tritons

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

I wrote that thing on why Dennis Allen sucks and why Allen and McKenzie are under pressure: http://joejedwards.wordpress.com/2014/09/19/allen-and-mckenzie-on-the-raiders-hotseat-but-why/ More looking at the roster building stuff because it's rebuilding-centric but I should probably do a tape-heavy piece on why the Raiders defense has been sucking it up so bad (and why the play-calling is also poo poo)
i love gabe so much. PFF graded Watt negatively for that game which is pretty awesome because he's the high god-king of PFF usually. Also drat that's nice from Mack, he's gonna have a real highlight play against the Pats, I can feel it

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
The Vikings cut Jerome Simpson after his most recent citations. Not surprising, he was on short lease as it was and then with the recent scrutiny, no way they would have brought him back. Oh well.

I'm curious, though, since he was cut before his 3rd suspended game, does he need to still serve the game if he signs elsewhere?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I'd think yes, it's a league suspension and not a team one (unless I'm missing where the Vikings specifically suspended him).

If it's just a weed thing I want KC to sign him.

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession

DangerKat posted:

I'm curious, though, since he was cut before his 3rd suspended game, does he need to still serve the game if he signs elsewhere?
I'm pretty sure that's how it's happened in the past, yeah

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

old dog child posted:

you old sly dog child. What's up fellow Gaucho :cool:

And I have a UCSB Football undefeated since 1992 shirt, which is apparently a rarity now that IV Bookstore closed.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
UCSB? Feh.

I went to UCSC, where football is condemned for being a contributor to the toxic neoliberal neoconservative globalist kyriarchy... I think.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Funny how football spread so quickly just when the military industrial complex started demanding more helmet making contracts.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

UCSB? Feh.

I went to UCSC, where football is condemned for being a contributor to the toxic neoliberal neoconservative globalist kyriarchy... I think.

everything you post makes me want to shoot myself

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

UCSB? Feh.

This explains everything

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Spoeank posted:

you old sly dog child. What's up fellow Gaucho :cool:

And I have a UCSB Football undefeated since 1992 shirt, which is apparently a rarity now that IV Bookstore closed.

sorry pal we've got you beat

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Gerund posted:

Jacksonville's growth in a decade is only 12% more than Seattle had in the last year.
... Source? What I'm looking at says the Seattle-Tacoma metroplex grew by nearly 400,000 people over the course of the last entire decade, which is a 12% rate of population growth for them. Jacksonville's growth of 200,000 is nearly a 20% increase in population.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Alouicious posted:

everything you post makes me want to shoot myself

Finally you and I can agree on something.

• Locked thread