Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Chas McGill posted:

I'm just as interested in what Americans think about this whole thing as someone from Denmark (or Switzerland, or England).

As a European Union citizen, the (Yes) vote would end up having a pretty big impact on me. In fact, I feel I should have been allowed to vote. I would even put on the proper accent and everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Hegay posted:

As a European Union citizen, the (Yes) vote would end up having a pretty big impact on me. In fact, I feel I should have been allowed to vote. I would even put on the proper accent and everything.

If you feel scottish, you are scottish, in my opinion.

Kaislioc
Feb 14, 2008
I've spent 5 minute trying to interpret the word "anti-devolutionist" and I can't think of anything else other than "complete wanker".

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Hegay posted:

Starting to think it'll be more than 8% for No.

If the Globe and Mail's list is accurate, these results so far mean it'll be a 57-43 victory for No. But I'd like to have a Scot look at that list and tell me if it seems correct or not.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
While I did not think this was the right time for Scotland to secede, I do hope that this doesn't kill the chances for other independence movements that are more primed in my opinion. For example, I think the Catalonians are in a stronger position and would perhaps do it well, and of course Lega Nord's outline has looked good to me for quite some time.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
I've pushed my luck and it's way past my bedtime.

Hopefully I wont wake up to a nasty surprise.

It's been emotional.

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

I dance to the sweet tune of your failure so I'm never gonna stop fucking with you.

Continue to get confused and frustrated with me as I dance to your anger.

As I expect nothing more from ya you stupid runt!

Peel posted:

Is that two Yes strongholds with poor turnout or have I misunderstood the local politics? I'm wondering if we'll get a >10% No victory on the back of poor Yes turnout.

Orkney really isn't a Yes stronghold to begin with so it's not really a surprise.

Lowtechs posted:

Wouldn't happen the South part is too reliant on all the tax dollars we from the North provide.

I would be okay with the south leaving the UK honestly. Can we not make a campaign for that?

ReV VAdAUL posted:

Margin of victory is looking too large for a Tory coup, Boris as next Tory leader looks increasingly likely.

Well thanks for the confidence...

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

AATREK CURES KIDS posted:

If the Globe and Mail's list is accurate, these results so far mean it'll be a 57-43 victory for No. But I'd like to have a Scot look at that list and tell me if it seems correct or not.
I don't think the figures for Aberdeenshire and Aberdeen will be correct there, particularly not shire.

ReV VAdAUL
Oct 3, 2004

I'm WILD about
WILDMAN
Oh and rumour has it the police were holding off on Establishment paedophile arrests till after the referendum so as to not prejudice the vote. So there could be some big news on that soon.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

ReV VAdAUL posted:

Oh and rumour has it the police were holding off on Establishment paedophile arrests till after the referendum so as to not prejudice the vote. So there could be some big news on that soon.

You nervous? lol

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Amused to Death posted:

This but unironically.

Nah, Texas is fine by me, it's Arizona and Florida that need to go.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

AATREK CURES KIDS posted:

There's a manner of regression to the mean with this - we're all scrambling to make conclusions on the basis of a few extreme results. I expect the results will tighten over the night.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

tbp posted:

While I did not think this was the right time for Scotland to secede, I do hope that this doesn't kill the chances for other independence movements that are more primed in my opinion. For example, I think the Catalonians are in a stronger position and would perhaps do it well, and of course Lega Nord's outline has looked good to me for quite some time.

Those are both good, also hoping for success in Northern Epirus, Istria, and South Tyrol. Really it's a shame Scotland was the first one as it was always doomed to fail and might put a damper on these other movements that in my opinion have a lot to offer.

Aromatic Stretch
Nov 4, 2009
Even when using French words, the Scottish accent shines through. 'Raisen-Detruh'

England Sucks
Sep 19, 2014

by XyloJW
What happened is not sad. It's not depressing. It's not even heartbreaking.

It's absolute wretchedness. A despondent cry of the tortured and tormented masses.

England; by far one of the greatest forced of evil in the history of the world. A nation whose entire history involves invasion and genocide of all native peoples; whose entire modus operandi and identity is destruction, massacre, and subjugation of all free nations; done in the name of a handful bloodthirsty and incestous elites who have reigned roughshod over the actual citizens of said country (who in fact make up a very small amount of those they actually rule over) who have been brainwashed, indoctrinated, and tortured by a all-powerful apostate Church to accept the amazing "revelation" of these rulers God given power to act like the demonic beasts described in the very bible they worship.

The people of Scotland have been subjugated for hundreds and hundreds of years, their native tribes all but eliminated by the dominant British bastard rulers who used jus primae noctis to systematically rape million of Scotswomen and keep the Scottish Natives as a constant Minority. Sadder still is how brainwashed the native sons of these tribes have become, thinking that their own subjugators can somehow be their equals, friend, or can be forgiven for the terrors that the English carried out among their ancestors for hundreds upon hundreds of years.

If African Americans, Latin Americans, Ukrainians, Koreans, and the Chinese can not look past this there is no good reason the people of Scotland should. To do so would wipe all memory of what the English owe the Scotts. There should be anger in the mind of all Scotts tonight. A just a righteous anger against all English peoples and especially the crown.

I know and trust the Scottish people. They are better than the English. They are not responsible for killing millions of Irish by ignoring a famine in a act of defacto genocide. They are not responsible for conquering, enslaving, and murdering billions of peoples from the Americas to India, China and beyond.

The Scottish People stood up tonight against the legacy of brutality that is that of England and the Crown. That fight must continue in any way that is necessary. All True Scotts should know that England must pay once and all for the sins and crimes she has committed against her fellow nations. They must not rest until restitution is made to all peoples for these crimes and for the crimes against the Scottish people.

The fires have been lit and the night is not over for Scotland! If they continue to fight one day they will see all these wretched scum at the guillotines! Liberté, Egalité, Fraternité!

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

England Sucks posted:

Stupid bile someone paid 10 dollars to post.

Oh shut up.

ReV VAdAUL
Oct 3, 2004

I'm WILD about
WILDMAN

tbp posted:

You nervous? lol

There is a strong likelihood that most Establishment paedophiles will get away with it, the current choice to lead the enquiry is a friend and next door neighbour of a former Home Secretary that allegedly "lost" key evidence on the matter.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Nice gimmick

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
Go to bed Coohoolin, you are drunk.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

England Sucks posted:

It's absolute wretchedness. A despondent cry of the tortured and tormented masses.

England; by far one of the greatest forced of evil in the history of the world. A nation whose entire history involves invasion and genocide of all native peoples; whose entire modus operandi and identity is destruction, massacre, and subjugation of all free nations; done in the name of a handful bloodthirsty and incestous elites who have reigned roughshod over the actual citizens of said country (who in fact make up a very small amount of those they actually rule over) who have been brainwashed, indoctrinated, and tortured by a all-powerful apostate Church to accept the amazing "revelation" of these rulers God given power to act like the demonic beasts described in the very bible they worship.

The people of Scotland have been subjugated for hundreds and hundreds of years, their native tribes all but eliminated by the dominant British bastard rulers who used jus primae noctis to systematically rape million of Scotswomen and keep the Scottish Natives as a constant Minority. Sadder still is how brainwashed the native sons of these tribes have become, thinking that their own subjugators can somehow be their equals, friend, or can be forgiven for the terrors that the English carried out among their ancestors for hundreds upon hundreds of years.

If African Americans, Latin Americans, Ukrainians, Koreans, and the Chinese can not look past this there is no good reason the people of Scotland should. To do so would wipe all memory of what the English owe the Scotts. There should be anger in the mind of all Scotts tonight. A just a righteous anger against all English peoples and especially the crown.

I know and trust the Scottish people. They are better than the English. They are not responsible for killing millions of Irish by ignoring a famine in a act of defacto genocide. They are not responsible for conquering, enslaving, and murdering billions of peoples from the Americas to India, China and beyond.

The Scottish People stood up tonight against the legacy of brutality that is that of England and the Crown. That fight must continue in any way that is necessary. All True Scotts should know that England must pay once and all for the sins and crimes she has committed against her fellow nations. They must not rest until restitution is made to all peoples for these crimes and for the crimes against the Scottish people.

The fires have been lit and the night is not over for Scotland! If they continue to fight one day they will see all these wretched scum at the guillotines! Liberté, Egalité, Fraternité!

I disagree.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

England Sucks posted:

love2killbrits

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Chas McGill posted:

I'm just as interested in what Americans think about this whole thing as someone from Denmark (or Switzerland, or England).
My reaction was: yay to declaring independence from Great Britain, boo to the almost certain global recession it would have caused, yay to kicking Tories in the teeth, boo to staying with the pound in what would have been a tiny, even stupider version of the Euro.

Basically politically I like the idea and economically I don't. On the whole I'm sorry you guys aren't gonna get it :(

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

England Sucks posted:

I bet you're american.

Gyre
Feb 25, 2007

Aromatic Stretch posted:

Even when using French words, the Scottish accent shines through. 'Raisen-Detruh'

I've been having fun watching BBC Scotland and comparing their pronunciation to American. The "wh" sound they use is almost entirely gone in North America in favor of "w" in words like "where" and "which".

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

England Sucks posted:

He said, in a swiss accent

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

I dance to the sweet tune of your failure so I'm never gonna stop fucking with you.

African AIDS cum posted:

Those are both good, also hoping for success in Northern Epirus, Istria, and South Tyrol. Really it's a shame Scotland was the first one as it was always doomed to fail and might put a damper on these other movements that in my opinion have a lot to offer.

Why is it that they should be given hope for success if you can't even do it for the country you are in? Just seems ironic too me. Not being bitter but why do you feel like that?

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

CapnAndy posted:

My reaction was: yay to declaring independence from Great Britain, boo to the almost certain global recession it would have caused, yay to kicking Tories in the teeth, boo to staying with the pound in what would have been a tiny, even stupider version of the Euro.

Basically politically I like the idea and economically I don't. On the whole I'm sorry you guys aren't gonna get it :(

Why be sorry when it seems a majority of the Scottish people are happy with the status quo??

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Seriously though, telling Britain where they can shove it has a long historical precedent of working out well in the end, I was rooting for you guys

Alecto
Feb 11, 2014

How long until the only people posting itt are troll accounts?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Ignore that Hawkins tit, Aberdeenshire finished the tally about 2am and we start counting Yes and No in a few minutes. We'll probably declare around 5am.

Apparently I've been on TV. I hate that.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Extreme0 posted:

Why is it that they should be given hope for success if you can't even do it for the country you are in? Just seems ironic too me. Not being bitter but why do you feel like that?

Scotland voting for independence would have given a moral boost to these other areas, where they are actually oppressed by the rulers. But a resounding loss like this will be a big setback. Hopefully they can overcome.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Hegay posted:

Why be sorry when it seems a majority of the Scottish people are happy with the status quo??
I don't think the majority of the posters in this thread were, and that's who I'm talking to?

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Ponce de Le0n posted:

I bet you're american.

Somebody who doesn't know how many ts there are in Scot anyway.

Sarah Bellum
Oct 21, 2008

England Sucks posted:

The people of Scotland have been subjugated for hundreds and hundreds of years, their native tribes all but eliminated by the dominant British bastard rulers who used jus primae noctis to systematically rape million of Scotswomen and keep the Scottish Natives as a constant Minority.

Braveheart is not a documentary, you know.

OwlBot 2000
Jun 1, 2009

Alecto posted:

How long until the only people posting itt are troll accounts?

Negative eight days?

Roark
Dec 1, 2009

A moderate man - a violently moderate man.

Lyndon LaRouche account spotted.

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

African AIDS cum posted:

Scotland voting for independence would have given a moral boost to these other areas, where they are actually oppressed by the rulers. But a resounding loss like this will be a big setback. Hopefully they can overcome.

So because these areas are 'oppressed' we should just give them hope for success? That's the sole reason you are going with?

Sir John Falstaff
Apr 13, 2010
Yes, "England Sucks" with a reg date of Sept. 18, 2014 is definitely worth flipping your poo poo about.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

OwlBot 2000 posted:

Negative eight days?
So long as people seem to take them at face value...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

CapnAndy posted:

Seriously though, telling Britain where they can shove it has a long historical precedent of working out well in the end, I was rooting for you guys

Scotland quite literally is Britain

• Locked thread