Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GROVER CURES HOUSE
Aug 26, 2007

Go on...

Ganon posted:

There is an administrative law judge who sits in an office in a building near the white-house, earns around 200k per year and has a secretary, and he does nothing except sit, read, and listen to classical music all day. His secretary likewise does nothing. He gets meals taken to him from the White-house kitchen, and is so lonely that he latches on to whoever gets sent and talks to them for hours about the korean war. His family is all dead and his secretary hates him. In a drawer in his desk he has an old revolver, which he got in there somehow despite that he shouldn't have been able to bring it in. I think he will shoot himself one day.

This is the strangest and yet the most believable thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

GROVER CURES HOUSE posted:

nope, only because ALJs cap out in the mid-150s

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

I've heard similar stories, its apparently what you do with someone who knows too much to be let go from government service but is no longer able to serve in their previous capacity for whatever reason. Usually they way I've heard it is former spies though I suppose a judge would know where enough bodies were buried if they sat on a FISA court or something similar.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
people who make more than $200k from federal government salary:

obama
biden
supreme court justices
boehner

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.

Ganon posted:

Tom Ridge... also shaves his forearms and hands because he can't stand the idea of body hair on his arms

_I_ heard he really shaves his arms because his armhair grows instantly in painful spurts, a whole inch in one go.

PROOF

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

people who make more than $200k from federal government salary:

obama
biden
supreme court justices
boehner

Federal Circuit judges can make over 200k a year as well.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
4-star Officers make over 200k as well (and WAAAAAY more than that when you tally all of the allowances and tax exemptions).

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I thought Martin Random admitted it was fiction when Wonkette picked it up.

Periodiko
Jan 30, 2005
Uh.
edit: /\/\/\ aha thankyou!

That whole post is just a copy-paste from the OP of a somethingawful thread from 2006, FYI. I remember it being fan-fiction, but it's been so long (8 years, Jesus Christ) I can't remember how I came to that conclusion.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Oh snap! No she di'int! :nyd:

Jackson Taus
Oct 19, 2011

hangedman1984 posted:

This is the greatest thing. I'm glad to see Grimes pressing this message. "All that obstruction you bitch about in Washington? It's literally Mitch McConnell."

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
I know it's a little late but I do have a A/T thread on working in politics. for some different perspectives.

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.

hangedman1984 posted:

Odds the response mentions obamacare:

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

hangedman1984 posted:

She triflin'. I sure hope she stomps a mudhole in the turtle but she has not done one thing to impress me. (Plus her gaze is hollow; I love to use my nonverbal skills to read people and make wild allegations about their character.)

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
edit: nvm. I moved my comment over to the Right Wing Media thread which was a better fit for it.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

SedanChair posted:

She triflin'. I sure hope she stomps a mudhole in the turtle but she has not done one thing to impress me. (Plus her gaze is hollow; I love to use my nonverbal skills to read people and make wild allegations about their character.)

Would you say she is or is not a secret genius?

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Badger of Basra posted:

Would you say she is or is not a secret genius?

She does not appear to be any kind of genius.

I feel the aegis coming on to me, preparing me to explain how unsuited she is to a national stage, and how few facial expressions she has compared to Bush, the Father of the Real Postmodern Era.

Ask Me Questions

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

SedanChair posted:

She does not appear to be any kind of genius.

I feel the aegis coming on to me, preparing me to explain how unsuited she is to a national stage, and how few facial expressions she has compared to Bush, the Father of the Real Postmodern Era.

Ask Me Questions

Are you actually a sitting device in a lovely type of vehicle?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Aliquid posted:

I thought Martin Random admitted it was fiction when Wonkette picked it up.

One of the ones I remember was him claiming that Cheney would just straight up drink mouthwash all day.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

SedanChair posted:

Ask Me Questions

Grimes or Hillary for prez?

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.

SedanChair posted:

Ask Me Questions

Are you cool with me, SedanChair?

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

VitalSigns posted:

Grimes or Hillary for prez?

Wow. Grimes, I guess, when you put it that way.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Grapplejack posted:

One of the ones I remember was him claiming that Cheney would just straight up drink mouthwash all day.

I remember this. It was Hydrogen Peroxide, which was apparently used to quell his raging halitosis.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Literally posted on the last page, guys. What is this, GBS?

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
The superior Martin Random story is about the lunatic roommate.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

That was basically Martin Random's creative MO as far as I could tell.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Presto posted:

Washington Post did an interactive chart showing the boodle streams.

Cool thanks for that!

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
Obama hates this one weird trick discovered by a mom to end the drug war in Mexico: laser or blitz them with some fighter jets for a little while. We did it before and we should have no qualm about doing it again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bp6OCQJW6rg&t=2553s

Also this guy's gonna be a congressman in January, so we got that to look forward to.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

StealthArcher posted:

Are you actually a sitting device in a lovely type of vehicle?

A sedan chair is not a chair in a sedan but one of these:

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Mother of god. Either he has an utter lack of awareness, or he's an unrepentant gently caress.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Made me think of Roosevelt in 1909

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXNujqrbYXA

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Stultus Maximus posted:

Uh. :stare: Who is this and under what circumstances did someone (presumably more than one person) think this was a good idea and not offensive as hell?

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Stultus Maximus posted:

The foremost black dude's expression just screams "I'm gonna murder someone soon." and I don't really blame him. :wtc:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

loquacius posted:

Uh. :stare: Who is this and under what circumstances did someone (presumably more than one person) think this was a good idea and not offensive as hell?

He's a prince!

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

loquacius posted:

That's Prince Harry. Literal royalty. So it's worse than you thought.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

See, this is why getting rid of kings is such a good idea it's worth fighting a war over.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

loquacius posted:

Whoa man that's just British culture don't be a loving racist.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

But the English are a bunch of savages and need us enlightened Yankees to show them the error of their ways. Preferably by shelling one of their coastal villages. It's worked in Tripoli!

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret
Well, it has been a few years since my uncle on the Ranger went over and raided 'em.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Speaking of invading foreign nations, Mark Walker, the Republican candidate for House in North Carolina's 6th district pines for days the Polk administration.

quote:

I will tell you if you have foreigners who are sneaking in with drug cartels to me that is a national threat. And if we got to go laser or blitz somebody with a couple of fighter jets for a little while to make our point, I don't have a problem with that either. So yeah, whatever we need to do.

We did it before. If we need to do it again, I don't have a qualm about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3UvypuAcY0

You'll also be shocked to hear that he supports impeaching Obama. It's an R+11 district.