Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Vasudus posted:

quit my job + moving to DC this weekend woooo

gently caress you, social services. i'm out.

grats dude

if you're getting rid of anything lemme know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you

Vasudus posted:

quit my job + moving to DC this weekend woooo

gently caress you, social services. i'm out.

:hfive:

Quit grad school to pursue some money.

The only green I care about now has dead presidents on it.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Ceiling fan posted:

I just skipped over ten pages. Are we posting boobies again, or are we still stuck on car chat?

Damnit. :flaccid:

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
still love your avatar, it works for almost anything.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Mike-o posted:

still love your avatar, it works for almost anything.

same

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXxkFd3lHaM

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you

:rock:

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

at the very least, I don't go around looking like Linus from Peanuts.

Pig Pen was the dirty one.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

I feel like GiP should pick a winner, instead of Hitler.

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

Dead Reckoning posted:

Its hard not to agree with the man though.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
also gonna pimp this dumb thing i made

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiOW0A0qrmA

say what you will about him but at least he kept the trains running on time

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
How hard would it be to live on like $50k around Ft McNair? I assume this is like ramen and roku levels of low pay.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Godholio posted:

How hard would it be to live on like $50k around Ft McNair? I assume this is like ramen and roku levels of low pay.

subtract the child care and you're at 56,591 a year

good luck with ramen, you'll probably be looking at the dollar menu

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
no thanks I eat enough food for a whole family that isn't broken

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

Godholio posted:

You'd probably have to live across the river in Arlington, at best. You'll probably get free Metro passes so it wont be terrible.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
If you're moving to the DC Metro area for a $50k job you're kind of a shmuck tho.

Besides, Vas can cut those expenses tremendously if instead of living alone he finds roommates that don't mind finding a place >1000 ft from any school.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Snowdens Secret posted:

If you're moving to the DC Metro area for a $50k job you're kind of a shmuck tho.

Besides, Vas can cut those expenses tremendously if instead of living alone he finds roommates that don't mind finding a place >1000 ft from any school.

It was for me, not Vas. :eng99:

McNair has been posting historian jobs for weeks. I've applied 3 times but one of their requirements is to have a phd thesis or book-length monograph...my masters capstone was like 50 pages. Third rejection was last week. This week they put up a lower-paying, lower responsibility version of the same job. I figure they either just stood up an office and need to completely staff it, or they're not finding what they want for the GS13 level that seems to be going unfilled and they're willing to consider me at a more reasonable rate.

The pay sucks but it's a fed job, it gets me to the east coast where I want to end up, and it's in the right career field. But I dunno. It's also not the best option out there right now, so we'll see what happens.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

heil satan

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009

Godholio posted:

It was for me, not Vas. :eng99:

McNair has been posting historian jobs for weeks. I've applied 3 times but one of their requirements is to have a phd thesis or book-length monograph...my masters capstone was like 50 pages. Third rejection was last week. This week they put up a lower-paying, lower responsibility version of the same job. I figure they either just stood up an office and need to completely staff it, or they're not finding what they want for the GS13 level that seems to be going unfilled and they're willing to consider me at a more reasonable rate.

The pay sucks but it's a fed job, it gets me to the east coast where I want to end up, and it's in the right career field. But I dunno. It's also not the best option out there right now, so we'll see what happens.

I'd say in the history field if you can get a federal job then go for it. You can make it work on 50k.

DoggesAndCattes
Aug 2, 2007

Getting paid $1600 to chew experimental gum 20 minutes a day while under supervision twice a day, five days a week, and for a month on campus. Suppose to fight mouth disease or something. Also it's sponsored by the army.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Mad Pino Rage posted:

Getting paid $1600 to chew experimental gum 20 minutes a day while under supervision twice a day, five days a week, and for a month on campus. Suppose to fight mouth disease or something. Also it's sponsored by the army.

Congrats on your cancer!

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

first guy to purchase an iphone 6 in perth

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Hahahahaha. Dumb fucks.

I get why people camp for poo poo like that, I just don't have the tolerance for it anymore. Las time I camped for something was a Wii, that I turned around and sold to a goon for profit. Definitely not doing it again, nothing is worth wasting days in line to have something maybe a week sooner than if I didn't camp.

Fister Ardennes
Apr 25, 2008

War is not the answer but it sure is fun

Dead Reckoning posted:

Hitler was a dreamer, like many of us. :allears:

Like my dream to kill all humans

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

Its hard not to agree with the man though.

If Hitler had his way, we would be denied Shim's gonzo posting.

the dad farm
Dec 6, 2005

idk why but hitler videos with rap songs is loving the best thing ever

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

teetotalers can hang out in bars, i'm more of a raging alcoholic on the home stretch to a year sober

nine months last week :toot:

Then wait 3 more months and get your date on then.

Bill and Bobs gestapo has surely mentioned abstaining from romantic relationships until you've had a sober one with yourself for a year, minimum. You could still gently caress, but gently caress dating. That's just another person to disappoint when your DT's and shakey hands lead the wheels right off the wagon and you are left muttering friend of the family beneath your breath under a bridge in Baltimore, forsaking a long since derelict God and this horrible gay earth.

Or just let me write your OkCupid profile. I promise results.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

Professor Bling posted:

not everyone can be shim

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

Mad Dragon posted:

I drove my 128i

MD, I'm sorry about what I said before. You know, when I said you could never disappoint me as a man? I lied to you that day, and I've gotta carry that cross now too, apparently.

Et Tu, Mad Dragon?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Obama Africanus posted:

Then wait 3 more months and get your date on then.

Bill and Bobs gestapo has surely mentioned abstaining from romantic relationships until you've had a sober one with yourself for a year, minimum. You could still gently caress, but gently caress dating. That's just another person to disappoint when your DT's and shakey hands lead the wheels right off the wagon and you are left muttering friend of the family beneath your breath under a bridge in Baltimore, forsaking a long since derelict God and this horrible gay earth.

Or just let me write your OkCupid profile. I promise results.

Yeah, I've heard that and it can wait. Been three years since I last saw somebody so three months aint no thang.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

I would definitely let shim make me a dating profile.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I'd just like to see what Shim would write for my profile since all he has to go off of is what I write here.

That I know of. :tinfoil:

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Oh, poo poo, better edit out all of my drunk posts!!!

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

I get why people camp for poo poo like that, I just don't have the tolerance for it anymore. Las time I camped for something was a Wii

Last thing I camped out for was Pearl Jam's Vs.

That and like college football tickets but they don't count

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

zombie303 posted:

I would definitely let shim make me a dating profile.

2000 CST deadline
Couple hundred words
6 lols
1 IRL lol
It's probably gonna say friend of the family

Payment will be new av

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

I'd just like to see what Shim would write for my profile since all he has to go off of is what I write here.

That I know of. :tinfoil:

1900 CST Deadline
No holds bar

Payment will be you stay sober and single.

"The really loving Heeby parts of the Torah posted:

:toxx:Lets shim this deal with herpes jew foreskinblood :toxx: Lest we take a 30 day wander through the desert of Probation :toxx: Shim had big dick

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Sep 19, 2014

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Deal

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
Post link to profile

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Just to clarify: are we betting 30 days off against nonpayment?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

On it.

• Locked thread