Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

The TRU exclusive will just be Luke and Vader, nothing new added. That's actually how this line operates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

therealjon_ posted:

The TRU exclusive will just be Luke and Vader, nothing new added. That's actually how this line operates.

Fine, if you want to pick nits, Luke with Cloak will probably be a 2015 SDCC exclusive or something.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Luke will be TRU exclusive, the cloak will be Rite-Aid exclusive and his lightsaber is a 7-11 exclusive.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Luke and Vader, TRU Exclusive, cardboard Emperor behind them

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
This is cool, Samurai Darth Vader figure:

Downside is that it costs nearly $100 and is only 7 inches tall.

Optimist Prime
Jul 30, 2007

Question for past San Diego/New York Comic-Con attendees: what's the showroom like on Thursday? Are exclusive figures already on sale? Are upcoming product displays already set up? Or does that not start until Friday/Saturday? Just trying to plan a visit to NYCC.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Optimist Prime posted:

Question for past San Diego/New York Comic-Con attendees: what's the showroom like on Thursday? Are exclusive figures already on sale? Are upcoming product displays already set up? Or does that not start until Friday/Saturday? Just trying to plan a visit to NYCC.

I don't know about NYCC but at SDCC by the time the doors open for the first time (Wednesday afternoon/evening), most major booths have their poo poo setup and exclusives are on sale. Thursday which is the first "official" day, everyone's setup and if you're an exclusive hunter who didn't have preview night (Wednesday), this is the day you get all your exclusives, unless there are day exclusives (like Marvel did this year with their hoodies).

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

This is the same for NYCC on Thursday night.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Just wandered into the local walgreens and they have an entire endcap full of Agent Venoms. I wasn't interested in the figure until I saw it in person. :swoon:

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Agent Venom is a totally awesome figure if you can find him some better guns.

Also his two pistols work well with movie Black Widow.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I saw a Black 6" Boba Fett in a UK Disney Store today, but at £20($30) I wasn't sure he'd be worth it.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Found a prototype Boba today, passed on Chewy, didn't have the cash. Hopefully he will be there when I go back. Now to get the regular Boba Fett, The only 2 I've seen the paint apps were all wonky so I passed on them. Hopefully I find another.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Found a ton of Agent Venoms and a Black Cat, but I don't think they're rare anymore, right?

No Star Wars figures, though. :-/

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

And as luck would have it the Agent Venom I bought of ebay and imported to Japan had a bum knee that cracked and broke off. Sigh

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

The Goon posted:

And as luck would have it the Agent Venom I bought of ebay and imported to Japan had a bum knee that cracked and broke off. Sigh

You should get into Kamen Rider, you'll have an easier time finding kick-rear end toys of him there :unsmith:

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
Don't forget to buy a Rio Blast in an hour and ten minutes.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Fat suit Rio Blast :(

Red
Apr 15, 2003

therealjon_ posted:

Fat suit Rio Blast :(

I'm actually kind of surprised he's still up.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
Scribblenauts Unmasked Series 3: unopened box of 18 blind boxes for $9.50

Screenshot for posterity

I'm 100% sure this is an error on the sellers part, but I figured I'd let you guys know about it just in case they honor the order anyways.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

Jubs posted:

Scribblenauts Unmasked Series 3: unopened box of 18 blind boxes for $9.50

Screenshot for posterity

I'm 100% sure this is an error on the sellers part, but I figured I'd let you guys know about it just in case they honor the order anyways.

It was still available 2 hours later, so I ordered one.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
No idea what those are but can't go wrong for 96% off if they honor it.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

gently caress it, for $10 I ordered a box.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Doesn't ship to Canada

Doesn't get my ten bucks

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

its gohastings. They'll cancel the sale like they did when they listed the Pacific Rim heroclix box for 10 bux

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Ordered one too, we'll see I guess.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Blackchamber posted:

its gohastings. They'll cancel the sale like they did when they listed the Pacific Rim heroclix box for 10 bux

Ordered one on a whim, if they cancel it, I guess I saved myself $10 on stuff that would just clutter my desk at work.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Drowning Rabbit posted:

Ordered one on a whim, if they cancel it, I guess I saved myself $10 on stuff that would just clutter my desk at work.

Speaking of desk-cluttering junk, I bought one of the Marvel Funko Mystery Minis (bobbleheads). What a cheap piece of garbage these things are. Their Game of Thrones and Disney figures are nice, but these are awful. I got a Deadpool that looks like it came out of a gumball machine. Avoid these things.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Avoid Funko in general.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

therealjon_ posted:

Avoid Funko in general.

Eh, but see, I have the Funko Vinyl Hordak, and I love the poo poo out of him.

And my GoT figurines are really neat, too.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

That Joffrey is pretty cool I admit that.

Actually I don't mind the Funko style stuff, but the Legacy figures and the ReAction figures are rubbish.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

therealjon_ posted:

That Joffrey is pretty cool I admit that.

Actually I don't mind the Funko style stuff, but the Legacy figures and the ReAction figures are rubbish.

Really? I was shooting for Rocketeer and Doc Brown ReAction figures.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

The only good ReAction figured I've found are the Alien ones but most of them came from old Kenner molds for a project that was binned. Although I'm not sure how much of that is Funko and how much is Super7.

They mostly look like cheap Kenner figures from the 80s but with modern nostalgic licenses.

My wife is addicted to Pops though. Holy gently caress, it's worse than Mighty Muggs with her. Though they take up less space than Muggs, she has so many more, same with a lot of her friends.

At SDCC, the Funko booth was overloaded all the time, even when they were all sold out and most of their product was Pops.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

RevKrule posted:

They mostly look like cheap Kenner figures from the 80s but with modern nostalgic licenses.

Isn't that the whole point of the range?

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Davros1 posted:

Isn't that the whole point of the range?

Presumably because all the MEGO fanatics are saving for their pensions and can't buy nostalgia properties anymore.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

RevKrule posted:

The only good ReAction figured I've found are the Alien ones but most of them came from old Kenner molds for a project that was binned.

As someone who obsessed about the scrapped Alien figures in 8th grade when those pictures showed up in Tomart's, I applaud any/all people who finally brought those to market. That being said, gently caress every other one of those retro lines, they look like crap for morons.

Is Tomart's still on shelves? ...please tell me someone else is old/sad enough to remember Tomart's.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

therealjon_ posted:

Avoid Funko in general.

I've recently gotten interested in their pop vinyls, so I'm curious to know why you dislike them. I mean, where else am I supposed to find a Dr. Blake Downs figure?

And here are Alien ReAction Series 2 photos.

And here are images of Series 1.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I'd avoid their 6" Legacy lines, currently Game of Thrones and Magic the Gathering. They are made with very poor plastic that breaks easily.

My big problem with the ReAction stuff was they saw how big a reception the Super7 Alien thing got and rushed to market a gently caress ton of "geek/nerd/etc" properties in that look. But the look is off. They didn't take the time to actually study the designs because they were too busy making 100 launch figures. They look like they are trying really hard to be retro instead of actually looking retro. And again, bottom of the barrel plastic and paper for the card backs. Half the cards I've seen in stores come pre warped.

Eh, like I said before I don't mind their bobble heads that much. The ReAction thing kinda bugs me though.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
SH Figuarts Iron Man 42 is out.
Looking pretty drat fine:
http://taste-toy.info/2014/hobby140911.html

my payment request came today, so I should have him and War Machine/Iron patriot by the end of next week!

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Found a lone Series Black Darth Vader at a Walgreens today, annoyed I missed Luke considering I checked a couple days ago. Neat figure overalll. Anybody have luck finding Luke yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MooselanderII
Feb 18, 2004

therealjon_ posted:

I'd avoid their 6" Legacy lines, currently Game of Thrones and Magic the Gathering. They are made with very poor plastic that breaks easily.

My big problem with the ReAction stuff was they saw how big a reception the Super7 Alien thing got and rushed to market a gently caress ton of "geek/nerd/etc" properties in that look. But the look is off. They didn't take the time to actually study the designs because they were too busy making 100 launch figures. They look like they are trying really hard to be retro instead of actually looking retro. And again, bottom of the barrel plastic and paper for the card backs. Half the cards I've seen in stores come pre warped.

Eh, like I said before I don't mind their bobble heads that much. The ReAction thing kinda bugs me though.

The Legacy lines aren't as bad as you think. The first shipments of the GOT stuff was inexcusable garbage that literally broke on removing the toys from the packaging. However they seem to have fixed the problem, if the Walgreen's Tyrion is anything to go by.