Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

bowmore posted:

Goku vs Perfect Cell is one of the best fights in the series.

It is really well paced.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Anyone else having any trouble watching videos on Team Four Star's website? Their video player pops up a text message saying "Your browser can not play this video file. Please update Flash Player (did that) if available for your platform. Otherwise download Google Chrome (using it) for the best playback experience." Same thing happens on the Two Best Friends LP site, but they don't wait a week before making stuff available on youtube.

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

bowmore posted:

Goku vs Perfect Cell is one of the best fights in the series.

The animation and choreography, especially the latter, were simply flawless. There is a small part of Majin Vegeta vs Goku fight that reminds me of it (particulary this one). Was it the same animation team that did those two sequences?

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
All the build-up Gohan got across Z, it culminating in SSJ2, or "Ultra saiyan" as it was called in the Scandinavian manga(SSJ3 was called mega), felt like it had reached a final climax, and doing a "what are they doing now?" story afterwards would have been a great place to end, so I feel majority of the Buu saga just went to ruin all that buildup when it could have just been a satisfying final blowout between the cast.

Oh well, all in a matter of what-could-have-been.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
i really liked the buu saga so I don't mind it even though the cell saga had a nice ending to it. I also never thought Gohan was an interesting character and the only cool scene of his I remember is when he blows Cell away. DBZ was always about goku, piccolo and vegeta to me anyway

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
I actually like that Gohan was so ruthless by comparison to the rest of his personality when he was SSJ2. Is it ever touched upon later in the show? Strikes me as the kind of thing that'd bug him afterwards.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Thyrork posted:

I actually like that Gohan was so ruthless by comparison to the rest of his personality when he was SSJ2. Is it ever touched upon later in the show? Strikes me as the kind of thing that'd bug him afterwards.

It points it out a few times, but never directly confronts just how scarily monstrous the characters become when they transform into a more powerful form. I recall when I saw GT (which I watched before Z, because complications) when he transformed, he generally seemed to lose control and I was kinda wondering if SSJ4 was going to turn him into a villain or at least make him as dangerous as a villain in terms of destruction.

Again, it just seemed like they just kinda ignore it even though he says as much several times through the series (that he seems to lose control)

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Pretty much the most it comes up again is when Mystic Gohan tells Super Buu he's going to kill him.

Then gets chumped. :v:

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
Saiyan + sudden boost in power = egotistical idiot who thinks he's unbeatable

I think the only time this isn't the case in Goku first transforming because he's so consumed with anger for most of the fight.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

TriffTshngo posted:

Saiyan + sudden boost in power = egotistical idiot who thinks he's unbeatable

I think the only time this isn't the case in Goku first transforming because he's so consumed with anger for most of the fight.

Nah it was there, too. Why do you think Goku let Freeza go to 100% power? They could've let Gohan be sadistic and win, too. He earned it.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Spiritus Nox posted:

Anyone else having any trouble watching videos on Team Four Star's website? Their video player pops up a text message saying "Your browser can not play this video file. Please update Flash Player (did that) if available for your platform. Otherwise download Google Chrome (using it) for the best playback experience." Same thing happens on the Two Best Friends LP site, but they don't wait a week before making stuff available on youtube.

Yeah. Their site's player is kind of poo poo. It is buggy with a lot of browsers including Firefox. I can't go full screen with it, or it will turn into an unwatchable mess. Even minimized, it gets a lot of studder.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Rudoku posted:

Nah it was there, too. Why do you think Goku let Freeza go to 100% power? They could've let Gohan be sadistic and win, too. He earned it.

Yeah, you have to remember that despite anime filler and stuff, the Super Saiyan Goku vs Freeza fight was completely one sided. Just before the fight ended Goku just stops fighting Freeza because he is competitively so weak Goku gets bored fighting him.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
Giant chunk of XENOVERSE news (and most likely spoilers)

Big points so far:

Mira and Towa, the villains of Dragon Ball Online, are confirmed.

New Character, Kaioshin of Time, helps the player.

FREEZA CLAN CONFIRMED PLAYABLE

In addition, new trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJEH4dUjiAk

And gameplay videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4U-5Vqkxxw

Shows the customization segment, some stuff for online. Roshi beard confirmed. Ginyu Force posing confirmed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDzr785t6M8

Yamcha vs Krillin.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Yeah, I need this game in my life.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
Hey can someone tell me what Uub was up to during the Lord Bills movie cause I don't think he fights Lord Bills ever but I thought he was supposed to be the reincarnation of Buu and super strong

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

Uub was like a year old at that time.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Didn't they meet Uub after Pan was born and old enough to walk?

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
Wait so the Lord Bills movie takes place before the world tournament after the Buu crisis? Like it's chronologically before the scene where Goku makes fun of Uubs mom? I really don't remember the timeskip well

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
Also is Krillin the strongest human on earth or is Tien stronger than him?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Big Anime Fan Here posted:

Wait so the Lord Bills movie takes place before the world tournament after the Buu crisis? Like it's chronologically before the scene where Goku makes fun of Uubs mom? I really don't remember the timeskip well

It's during the time skip between Buu dying and them meeting Uub, because Videl is just barely pregnant with Pan and Goten and Trunks are still kids.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Yeah, Videl being pregnant with Pan is a plot point in the movie.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

Goten and Trunks were teenagers by the time they all met Uub. Pan and Bra were like five years old, too.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
Cool thanks guys

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

So the plot of this game is that a villain changing time by possessing old villains to rewrite history with small nudges (Like Raditz dodging Gohan's rage headbutt thus Piccolo and Goku don't get a second wind in that fight) and you're wished up by bad timeline Trunks to help him set right what once wrong?

That's...actually pretty cool.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Also is Krillin the strongest human on earth or is Tien stronger than him?

I really shouldn't take this bait, but...

Tien is the strongest human. Don't listen to anyone say otherwise.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I'm fairly sure that was one of the plots of the MMO too.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW

facebook jihad posted:

I really shouldn't take this bait, but...

Tien is the strongest human. Don't listen to anyone say otherwise.

I think Tien is the strongest as well, he exhibited more strength during the Cell Saga and there's no reason Krillin should have been able to outpace him.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I think Tien is the strongest as well, he exhibited more strength during the Cell Saga and there's no reason Krillin should have been able to outpace him.

Krillin went to Namek and got his potential unlocked, Tien didn't.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
Ok that is before the Cell Saga where Tien uses all his might to push Cell down a couple of times and Krillin tries to have sex with a robot instead

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Krillin has literally been the strongest character in the series since the Saiyan arc. Use the Destructo Disk you gently caress!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ok that is before the Cell Saga where Tien uses all his might to push Cell down a couple of times and Krillin tries to have sex with a robot instead

The move Tien uses is a special technique that literally kills him to use it. It's not the best way to judge relative power. I mean Krillin could have killed Freeza with his disc thing if he wasn't a moron.

Well, okay, greviously wounded him considering Freeza still survives that poo poo later on.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
Maybe if they ever did a tournament arc that wasn't interrupted by some rear end in a top hat I could know for sure...

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I very much recall one of the various games doing a What If that pretty much intentionally addresses this.
It ends with Krillin beating Tien then going "Wait are we even sure you're human in the first place?"
I don't know why DBZ handles What If scenarios so well really.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Besides, 17 is the strongest human. If 18 is human enough to pop out a noseless child, 17 counts.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Terper posted:

Krillin has literally been the strongest character in the series since the Saiyan arc. Use the Destructo Disk you gently caress!

He did. It didn't work.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

carry on then posted:

He did. It didn't work.

Anime filler. :colbert:

But TO BE FAIR, it wouldn't work against Buu.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

So the plot of this game is that a villain changing time by possessing old villains to rewrite history with small nudges (Like Raditz dodging Gohan's rage headbutt thus Piccolo and Goku don't get a second wind in that fight) and you're wished up by bad timeline Trunks to help him set right what once wrong?

That's...actually pretty cool.

Azubah posted:

I'm fairly sure that was one of the plots of the MMO too.

The main plot of it, yes. With the exact same main villains. Still really cool that they're not only reviving it, but bringing it to some decent commercial exposure.

Now, as for the strongest human...

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
This debate has been had like a million times and no one ever convinces anybody.

Silynt
Sep 21, 2009
Is Tien even human? Three eyes...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Tien is cool, Krillin isn't.

• Locked thread