Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

You've got a weird black border on the corners of that first image. Results of rotating and not cropping?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Musket
Mar 19, 2008
Ross Island, Portland by Ashade76, on Flickr

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

SoundMonkey posted:

Hockey moderator Hand Knit (RIP Marty) will be joining our judging panel as an impartial outside observer who probably wouldn't know art if someone wrote the word on a puck and fired it at his two remaining teeth. What I mean to say is I think he'll fit in perfectly.

Hello thread. I am your guest judge, and also an internationally renowned expert in art evaluation and coolness studies. Just because I am the hockey mod does not mean that I will have a near-uncontrollable bias towards frozen ponds. Not at all. No way.

Musket posted:

Has Hand Knit read the required books and essays listed in previous posts?

All art must ultimately be evaluated in how it is experienced, so the only text I (or anyone else, for that matter) needs is Rhonda Byrne's Annotated Guide to the Bhagavad Gita.

Mightaswell
Dec 4, 2003

Not now chief, I'm in the fuckin' zone.
I actually liked those East Lake shots from a year ago. He did a pretty good job of aping the style even if it was intended to be satire.

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

With these Zombie Eyes he rendered her powerless - With this Zombie Grip he made her perform his every desire!

Hand Knit posted:

Hello thread. I am your guest judge, and also an internationally renowned expert in art evaluation and coolness studies. Just because I am the hockey mod does not mean that I will have a near-uncontrollable bias towards frozen ponds. Not at all. No way.

All art must ultimately be evaluated in how it is experienced, so the only text I (or anyone else, for that matter) needs is Rhonda Byrne's Annotated Guide to the Bhagavad Gita.

the dumpster in my entry is full of hockey gear and the book Understanding Exposure to the Right

just sayin

Musket
Mar 19, 2008

Hand Knit posted:

Hockey is just soccer on ice, we are Eskimo brothers of some type.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Mightaswell posted:

I actually liked those East Lake shots from a year ago. He did a pretty good job of aping the style even if it was intended to be satire.

Which shots?

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy

ansel autisms posted:

Which shots?

I'm guessing the shots that weren't his.

ape
Jul 20, 2009

oregon 2 by ape, on Flickr

oregon 1 by ape, on Flickr

Mightaswell
Dec 4, 2003

Not now chief, I'm in the fuckin' zone.

ansel autisms posted:

Which shots?

RangerScum posted:

I'm guessing the shots that weren't his.

Oh whoops, I thought he shot those.

Musket
Mar 19, 2008

Mightaswell posted:

Oh whoops, I thought he shot those.

Naw he was just mad at the idea of new topographies.

deaders
Jun 14, 2002

Someone felt sorry enough for me to change my custom title.
Ohhh I get it he is mad at the new topo style. What a fresh and novel approach.

single-mode fiber
Dec 30, 2012

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

deaders posted:

Ohhh I get it he is mad at the new topo style. What a fresh and novel approach.

I remember renaming this thread "bros before new topos" about a year ago, I guess this is why.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

SoundMonkey posted:

I remember renaming this thread "bros before new topos" about a year ago, I guess this is why.

If anyone talks bad about New Topographics they should be banned immediately on the grounds that they are uncultured swine.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

While scrolling back through the thread to figure out what's going on with the mod challenge, I saw these and loved them all. I know that's not the deepest and most meaningful feedback, but there you go.

If I get time tomorrow, I'll shoot a fantastic Ratfucker landscape shot.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Young Orc
We don't have time for your excuses Bob take a Radfucker photo.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Ssh, patience. Gotta wait for the right light. (the right light is important) (I'm an expert, though not the same sort of expert as Art Badfucker)

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc
" The right light" sounds like loser talk Bob.

deaders
Jun 14, 2002

No such thing as the right light, with HDR you get ALL the light.

East Lake
Sep 13, 2007

8th-snype posted:

" The right light" sounds like loser talk Bob.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSxgmu1Uguo&t=1m15s

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

Look at how cool East Lake is, hey did everyone see how cool East Lake is? So cool that jokes or like basic concepts go right over his head. I really like it when literal loving retards post. It's my favorite thing ever.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

8th-snype posted:

Look at how cool East Lake is, hey did everyone see how cool East Lake is? So cool that jokes or like basic concepts go right over his head. I really like it when literal loving retards post. It's my favorite thing ever.

you seem mad at the internet. there are at least three rules regarding being mad at the internet.

East Lake
Sep 13, 2007

Come one bud that's a weirdly specific burn. Aren't you impressed I watched the video? It's no your mom joke but as a literal retard that's the best I could do. Mama told me once you could respond to jokes with other jokes.

:snoop:

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

East Lake posted:

Come one bud that's a weirdly specific burn. Aren't you impressed I watched the video? It's no your mom joke but as a literal retard that's the best I could do. Mama told me once you could respond to jokes with other jokes.

:snoop:

yo momma told you wrong

deaders
Jun 14, 2002

Actually never mind I don't care.

deaders fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Sep 21, 2014

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

deaders posted:

Actually never mind I don't care.

take a deep breath and take a landscape

East Lake
Sep 13, 2007

8th-snype posted:

One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with Musket.
Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.
In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand.
Sometimes there were two sets of footprints.
Other times there were one set of footprints.
This bothered me because I noticed that during the low periods of my life
When I was suffering from anguish, sorrow, or defeat,
I could see only one set of footprints.
So I said to Musket, "You promised me, broseph,
That if I followed you, you would walk with me always.
But I noticed that during the most trying periods of my life
There have only been one set of prints in the sand.
Why, When I have needed you most, you have not been there for me?"
The Musket replied,
"The times when you have seen only one set of footprints
Is when I was banging your mom, yolo."

Also I just read this post. It reminded me of a good bit that gave me inspiration for a photo series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64XWghZrsoE&t=5m10s

Here's the result. I think the lord was wearing hiking boots that day. It was a long hike. I only got one photo and my camera was damaged but that was the day he gave me the photo knowledge I have now.

East Lake fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Sep 21, 2014

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Here are a couple of non-contest photos from the top of Whistler (a ski resort in British Columbia).

DSCF2912 by Kelly_Davis, on Flickr

DSCF2954 by Kelly_Davis, on Flickr

Bob Socko fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Sep 21, 2014

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

KatticusFinch
Aug 19, 2014

When you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.

Bob Socko posted:

Here are a couple of non-contest photos from the top of Whistler (a ski resort in British Columbia).

DSCF2954 by Kelly_Davis, on Flickr
I love the colors and composition of this one.

Finally had clouds here the other day. They were a bit of a weird color due to the whole state being on fire this month so I left it in.
Cloud Reflections by KatticusFinch, on Flickr
I also took one with my film camera, but alas, I have half a roll to go before I get to see the results.

Medieval Medic
Sep 8, 2011
20140921 Untitled_ by MedievalMedic, on Flickr

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy

rofl you call this a landscape?

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

RangerScum posted:

rofl you call this a landscape?

Yeah dude there's some land near the bottom and I see a bit of scape in the upper right.

maxmars
Nov 20, 2006

Ad bestias!
Still trying my hand at post processing film shots. I think this works really well with split tone.

Lago Santo by maxmars70, on Flickr

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Ok, here's my entry for the mod challenge. Hope you like it!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Gosh, I'm really sorry, I accidentally uploaded the wrong photo! These things happen, I'm sure you can understand. Also, I'm not really good at this whole photoshop thing, so I just put the revised watermark on top of the other one. Hope you like it!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

See, 'cause it's a metaphor.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

Bob Socko posted:

See, 'cause it's a metaphor.

Looks like a pretty standard landscape thread post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

"Keep taking pictures of poo poo and you'll get better"

-some famous dude