Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Faltese Malkin
Aug 22, 2005
Georgetown

Chris James 2 posted:

Get your popcorn ready. Goodell's out of hiding and holding a press conference at 3 Eastern.

I wonder if it will go better than that CBS interview the other day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

It will be a bunch of nothing.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
He's going to announce his resignation.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Volkerball posted:

He's going to announce his resignation.

Nah.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Chris James 2 posted:

Get your popcorn ready. Goodell's out of hiding and holding a press conference at 3 Eastern.

Please, please leave the room if this will...if this will affect you.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Maybe it's immature but I want him to be outright canned. Would be so much more satisfying than a "resignation."

The heart wants what the heart wants.
VVVV

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Sep 19, 2014

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Eifert Posting posted:

Maybe it's immature but I want him to be outright canned. Would be so much more satisfying than a "resignation."

You don't get fired at that level. Goodell is going to resign due to personal reasons, sit in an NBC booth for 2015, then join a k street lobbying firm representing the Washington Redskins.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

FizFashizzle posted:

You don't get fired at that level. Goodell is going to resign due to personal reasons, sit in an NBC booth for 2015, then join a k street lobbying firm representing the Washington Redskins.

This is correct.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Eifert Posting posted:

When is the last time anyone with that kind of salary was ever shitcanned, you get offered a resignation and you take it as it usually comes with an awesome resignation package.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Grittybeard posted:

Moving Eifert Posting's weird obsession with tackles (which seem to be a dumb stat because no one tracks them the same) over here, I'm curious how many people know their franchise leading tackler off the top of your head? Obviously if you're a Ravens, Chargers or Bucs fan you probably do, but I had no real clue.

I knew Derrick Johnson was up there and in reality it's probably him because of assists, but just by the tackle stat it's Kevin Ross who was a freaking cornerback.

My guess for the Lions is Joe Schmidt but it's probably someone totally random.

Fake edit: It's Chris Spielman, who I always forget about because he was just a few years before my time and not a Hall of Famer (although he's a 2015 candidate). My next guess would've been Stephen Boyd, who's third. Second is Bennie Blades.

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Atticus Finch posted:

DC is cool because it's full of museums and all the attractive people from every other state that don't move to LA to become actors/actresses come here to be hipsters/interns.

It's true

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah boy, those bangin hot think tank chicks.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Goodell will announce his support for a name change for the Redskins, everyone will immediately see it for the transparent ploy it is

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

FizFashizzle posted:

Please, please leave the room if this will...if this will affect you.

According to my buddy from Pittsburgh, kids in Pennsylvania are off from school today.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Volkerball posted:

Yeah.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Volkerball posted:

Think tank girls giving brain like carl sagan??

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
In the Arizona is continuing to make me proud to be a fan is that they are placing John Abraham on IR due to concussions.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

ZenVulgarity posted:

Think tank girls giving brain like carl sagan??

More like Sarah Palin

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

whypick1 posted:

Seattle's tackling leader is Eugene Robinson at 942 (who I might've guessed eventually), which is 199 more than the next guy, Joe Nash (aka the guy that won me the Super Bowl in Tecmo Super Bowl because of abusing the hell out of the center exploit to rack up 60+ sacks).

gently caress them Bobby Wagner is the future.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Cardinals put John Abraham on IR, so at least that modestly lowers the chance we'll see someone suffer brain death on the field this year.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Probably Magic posted:

Research Triangle. That's how that sentence should end.

Confirming this. Brier Creek best creek.

Kalli posted:

Cardinals put John Abraham on IR, so at least that modestly lowers the chance we'll see someone suffer brain death on the field this year.

I am glad to hear this. Stay classy Arizona.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Regnevelc posted:

In the Arizona is continuing to make me proud to be a fan is that they are placing John Abraham on IR due to concussions.

Thank god. There's no way you can protest an IR designation right? The whole Abraham saga is really depressing.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

@RVacchianoNYDN
That is really odd and unexpected. ... RT @nydnmabramson Eli Manning walks off practice field with brace on left knee.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Ryan Nassib gonna light the Texans up for 300 yards and 3 TDs

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
AJ Green is probably fine to play Sunday. Burfict probably isn't.

Also:

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
:lol: he was drafted as a tight end. Clark Harris owns.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

That just makes me realize and feel really sad that I don't think they're doing those programs with the cool art of the bengal owning all the other teams this year

in memoriam

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

thank you so much

why cant i find these on the internet

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
They haven't been posting them so I assumed they stopped as well. So glad they're back.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I like that Depend is their sponsor

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Joique Bell speaks.

quote:

MLive: What's the weirdest locker room you've been in in the NFL?

Bell: Oakland Raiders.

MLive: Wow, that was fast. What's so weird about it?

Bell: It's so small and compact and uncomfortable. Yeah.

MLive: What's the craziest fan encounter you've had?

Bell: I was doing an autograph session at, like, a family event. And a woman was like, 'Can you sign my boobs?' I was like, 'Uh, noooo. Is this a trick question?'

She was with her boyfriend, too. He was like, 'Yeah, sign 'em?' I was like what? It was hilarious, but I just couldn't do it.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

@JasonLaCanfora 3m
Hearing rumblings of an emergency meeting at Ravens headquarters in light of some potential revelations of what some knew and saw re: Rice

things bout to get worse again

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Ehud posted:

@JasonLaCanfora 3m
Hearing rumblings of an emergency meeting at Ravens headquarters in light of some potential revelations of what some knew and saw re: Rice

Enjoy your parachute Ravens front office intern.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Ehud posted:

@JasonLaCanfora 3m

Please do this right in the middle of the press conference.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

No Butt Stuff posted:

Please do this right in the middle of the press conference.

can't wait to see what the NCAA releases this time.

E_Motion
Oct 26, 2004

Your fortuitous arrival is most welcome! Now, I am spared the bother of hunting you down!

College Slice

Ehud posted:

@JasonLaCanfora 3m

Welp gg Ravens
So, are heads gonna roll?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

well...okay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Goetta posted:

AJ Green is probably fine to play Sunday. Burfict probably isn't.

Also:

I'm most surprised to find out an NFL player is into Rebelution.

• Locked thread