Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

military cervix
Dec 24, 2006

Hey guys
https://twitter.com/SeppBlatter/status/512886793352781824

Ugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
This man is invincible and he knows it

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

It's like he just wants to see people cry.

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!

Sepp has ascended to that next level troll meta

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
I'm amazed he even has a twitter account. It's literally nothing but hatred, death threats and utter vitirol directed at him for every single one of his tweets. It's like he feeds off this poo poo.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Platini has refused to hand back the watch

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29285817

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal

"I'm well educated" is not a good reason. Football is truly dead.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

Dirk Pitt posted:

"I'm well educated" is not a good reason. Football is truly dead.

They are some superb trolls, loving hell.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

I wouldn't return it either.

Platini is scum, but he's right to argue against it. FIFA didn't say poo poo during the World Cup to avoid more bad press or they just dont give a poo poo.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
FIFA has taken the lead, by which he means the heavy metal.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Once all the watches are returned, all outstanding ethical matters will finally be resolved. Case closed.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

CubanMissile posted:

Once all the watches are returned, all outstanding ethical matters will finally be resolved. Case closed.

Except for the people organising the Australian bid for the 2022 WC spending too much on wine at the dinner they hosted for the EXCO.

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Wirth1000 posted:

I'm amazed he even has a twitter account. It's literally nothing but hatred, death threats and utter vitirol directed at him for every single one of his tweets. It's like he feeds off this poo poo.

Do you honestly think Blatter knows what twitter is? Those posts are made by a social media intern, probably making nothing but 'experience' instead of money

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Byolante posted:

Except for the people organising the Australian bid for the 2022 WC spending too much on wine at the dinner they hosted for the EXCO.

This is still the most ludicrous thing about it.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Jermaine Dildoe posted:

Do you honestly think Blatter knows what twitter is? Those posts are made by a social media intern, probably making nothing but 'experience' instead of money

I'm aware of that. My point was more that this avenue of (indirect) criticism is even open.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Germany's ExCo member Theo Zwanziger believes the World Cup won't be held in Qatar after all.

There is definitely a fight going on within FIFA over this right now. Hopefully they all mutually annihilate each other.

GO FUCK YOURSELF
Aug 19, 2004

"I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who beat you, and pray for them to beat the shit out of the Buckeyes" - The Book of Witten
So this is how football ends, not with a bang but with a board room.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

GO gently caress YOURSELF posted:

So this is how football ends, not with a bang but with a board room.

I would argue that if they all mutually annihilate each other (as vyelkin so put it), football would actually be miraculously brought back to life.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
http://uk.mobile.reuters.com/article/idUKKCN0HH1BJ20140922?irpc=932

Some FIFA executive committee member said Qatar is going to lose World Cup 2022

e: oh hey, this was a few posts up. idk I checked on the awful app and idk how I missed it.

blue footed boobie fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Sep 22, 2014

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

blue footed boobie posted:

http://uk.mobile.reuters.com/article/idUKKCN0HH1BJ20140922?irpc=932

Some FIFA executive committee member said Qatar is going to lose World Cup 2022

haha yeah

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
it's hot in qatar, who'd have thunk

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Volkerball posted:

it's hot in qatar, who'd have thunk

Not anyone that voted on giving them rights, it seems.

Or the allure of MAGIC AIR CONDITIONING swayed them (along with sacks of cash).

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
It is somewhat amusing that the real reason for wanting it moved is still "we will get sued if/when someone dies from heatstroke" rather than any sort of real concern about people.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

MrBling posted:

It is somewhat amusing that the real reason for wanting it moved is still "we will get sued if/when someone dies from heatstroke" rather than any sort of real concern about people.

4000 people have already died but they're not real people I guess.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Badger of Basra posted:

Clearly Qatar 2022 must happen to make sure that these people's great sacrifice for the beautiful game was not in vain...

...is probably what FIFA's PR people are going to try and spin it as in court.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Badger of Basra posted:

Should be pretty obvious that FIFA doesn't care about Qatars "guest workers" at this point.

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Dog Suicide Bridge BBQ Team 2k10
If Nepalese workers really cared about their working conditions they'd have offered better incentives to FIFA to have them resolved.

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

Bogan Krkic posted:

Is this a wind-up?

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
The Serious Fraud Office have requested a copy of the report about the world cup bidding process with the aim of prosecution.

I bet Fifa don't give it to them.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

serious gaylord posted:

The Serious Fraud Office have requested a copy of the report about the world cup bidding process with the aim of prosecution.

It needs to be a concerted effort from INTERPOL so that they can't just move from one jurisdiction to another to avoid prosecution and oversight

Which would be great, if FIFA wasn't donating around 2% of INTERPOL's annual budget to help stop match fixing.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

serious gaylord posted:

FIFA have made it abundantly clear that they intend to make sure this thing never sees the light of day. I can't see them handing it over to the police, ever.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

vyelkin posted:

FIFA have made it abundantly clear that they intend to make sure this thing never sees the light of day. I can't see them handing it over to the police, ever.

I dunno they might hand over a sentence or two implicating English officials with everything redacted as to who they gave stuff too

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Australia have also asked for the report with the view to prosecution. I don't think they can keep this secret.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I can see it already. FIFA have made it clear that only the prosecutor and ethics judges get to see the report, the actual ExCo members don't. So they make it so that the report can never be handed over, and the ExCo members who didn't have access to it anyway face no penalties, but the guys who actually investigated corruption are suddenly facing criminal penalties or travel restrictions or whatever because they wouldn't hand over a report.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

vyelkin posted:

I can see it already. FIFA have made it clear that only the prosecutor and ethics judges get to see the report, the actual ExCo members don't. So they make it so that the report can never be handed over, and the ExCo members who didn't have access to it anyway face no penalties, but the guys who actually investigated corruption are suddenly facing criminal penalties or travel restrictions or whatever because they wouldn't hand over a report.

As it stands, if the UK, Australia and the US were to issue warrants for the arrest of these people, they would basically be restricted to switzerland.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

serious gaylord posted:

As it stands, if the UK, Australia and the US were to issue warrants for the arrest of these people, they would basically be restricted to switzerland.

I normally don't support the US security apparatus but I think I could support extraordinary rendition of the fifa exco

GO FUCK YOURSELF
Aug 19, 2004

"I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who beat you, and pray for them to beat the shit out of the Buckeyes" - The Book of Witten

Byolante posted:

I normally don't support the US security apparatus but I think I could support extraordinary rendition of the fifa exco

After so many years of being so, so wrong, George W. Bush is finally right.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29337509

quote:

Fifa: Michel Platini breaks ranks over report into alleged corruption

Uefa president Michel Platini will not oppose calls to disclose investigator Michael Garcia's report into alleged World Cup corruption.

Fifa has previously said the findings of Garcia's investigation into the bidding processes for the 2018 and 2022 World Cups will not be made public.
American lawyer Garcia has called for his report to be published.
Platini is the latest senior Fifa figure to break ranks after Garcia called for greater transparency.

Hopefully they are starting to turn on each other :unsmigghh:

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!

jre posted:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29337509

Hopefully they are starting to turn on each other :unsmigghh:

I hope we get to see a real life Lord of Flies thing go on in FIFA

I want Sepp to be the fat kid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Sepp confirms 5th term.