Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Don't take me to the elevator!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

WugLyfe posted:

Our current Butler is better :colbert:

They can share a jersey.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Anyone photoshop a mission accomplished banner behind Goodell yet?

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

DO YALL WANT A HAM posted:

He may be untouchable but you know deep down he feels eviscerated right now.

Roger sad... *wipes tears with $1000 bills*

Archo
Nov 5, 2002
Anime King
I thought this was a pretty good press conference all things considered. He got hammered but he took it well and kept on his points. The twitter feeds proved that people don't like their boss more than anything. And please don't take me to an elevator.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I was just listening to the stream, and when that dude crashed the presser, I legitimately thought it was an assassination attempt.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Chris James 2 posted:

Didn't he get something like $40 million over the course of the last 4 years alone?

Is he just really loving bad at holding onto money and not spending it immediately after getting it? Or is he just really loving dumb? Because if I had that kind of money sitting at home, and I had everybody in sports media, news media, and plain old gossip media, calling for my head simultaneously, I'd just say "gently caress this" and go home retired and content with more money than I could ever reasonably spend.

IIRC he made $44 million just last year, not the last 4 years

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Kalli posted:

Anyone photoshop a mission accomplished banner behind Goodell yet?

Sure, why not?

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

The Football Funhouse › NFL N/V Week 3: Don't take me to an elevator!

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

makes u think

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Jason Whitlock shows up to tv unshaven in his most wrinkled sports coat. Sports journalism is cool.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
I was actually just trying to look up the crime rates between the NFL and Congress. I bet Congress is higher. Apparently those stats are untrue, though.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Hockles posted:

I was just listening to the stream, and when that dude crashed the presser, I legitimately thought it was an assassination attempt.

We can always dream :unsmith:

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Is there a video of this up anywhere? Just found one but it was only Goodells prepared statement and not the Q&A.

im gay
Jul 20, 2013

by Lowtax

No Butt Stuff posted:

He shouldn't have to, that's just loving stupid. Color doesn't really matter when you're getting the poo poo kicked out of you by your significant other.

It's a valid concern. Just like how they initially responded with white older men addressing domestic violence.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Chichevache posted:

We can always dream :unsmith:

Yeah I literally hope someone kills another human being for being a bad commissioner of a football league, also i am a sociopath

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

This was glorious. I am so glad there was video of dude screaming don't take me to an elevator. I swear it feels like we are watching the real life version of Major League. If Russell Wilson comes out to "Wild Thing" on Sunday I'm killing myself of the spot because life can't get better.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Yeah I literally hope someone kills another human being for being a bad commissioner of a football league, also i am a sociopath

If you want to discuss the ethics of evil over PMs we can do that. There are quite a few definitions of evil both in ethics and religion that he falls under. And I'm not just talking ISIS definitions either, but some of the most milquetoast forms of Christianity as well. The dude is scum and it really doesn't matter how much this country likes to drop the phrase of "it's just business!"

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Mort calling Goodell a liar in so many words:

https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/23...1ROftBlyBste2lG

:ughh:

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Chichevache posted:

If you want to discuss the ethics of evil over PMs we can do that. There are quite a few definitions of evil both in ethics and religion that he falls under. And I'm not just talking ISIS definitions either, but some of the most milquetoast forms of Christianity as well. The dude is scum and it really doesn't matter how much this country likes to drop the phrase of "it's just business!"

So...he should be murdered in public because????

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Parmesan Basil posted:

Shut up.

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

Adam Beasley ‏@AdamHBeasley
Dion Jordan has had his suspension lifted, per the Miami Dolphins and the NFL.

More: Jordan now has been suspended without pay for the next 4 games of the NFL season for violating the NFL's Substance Policy.

whee

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

@ArmandoSalguero
Dolphins DE Dion Jordan has been suspended the next four games. Out total of 6. Eligible to return Oct. 20 now.

jfc those 3 teams really like making things easier for the Patriots

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

stuker posted:

Dion Jordan has had his suspension lifted, per the Miami Dolphins and the NFL.

More: Jordan now has been suspended without pay for the next 4 games of the NFL season for violating the NFL's Substance Policy.

whee

What. How does this happen?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Wait, so he got his suspension lifted and then immediately suspended again for a different violation?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Man what a dick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epuoFirJQyk&t=138s

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
You're suspension's been lifted.......PSYCH!

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Kalli posted:

Wait, so he got his suspension lifted and then immediately suspended again for a different violation?
That's how I'm reading it, yeah.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Parmesan Basil posted:

Check ur pms

Dirt Worshipper
Apr 2, 2007

Paralithodes Californiensis
Check your posting

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

quote:

“We were informed that Dion’s suspension for performance enhancing drugs was lifted, however, we also learned that he has been suspended four games for violating the Policy on Performance-Enhancing Substances," the coach said. "While we were disappointed to learn of this result, we support Dion for proactively taking steps to voluntarily seek treatment to better himself."

So he tested positive for PEDs again, yet it seems this is a substance abuse issue? Weird.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Ozu posted:

So he tested positive for PEDs again, yet it seems this is a substance abuse issue? Weird.

Maybe amphetamines? The new rules would make overturn an off-season one, then he tests positive once training camp starts and that one counts?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

dion jordan sucks

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Ehud posted:

dion jordan sucks

Thanks for the second round pick suckers

DJ Hayden and Menelik Watson also suck

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

So was this Benji guy a staged thing? That's a lot less funny.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

kiimo posted:

He's from Howard Stern, what do you think

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Ozu posted:

Is it possible he was using a performance enhancer that is not classified as a drug? For example Ray Lewis and that deer horn spray or whatever the poo poo happened in 2012.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

kiimo posted:

Only by the smallest of margins

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJJuKES-k2I

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

kiimo posted:

Howard Stern feels he needs to be relevant again.

• Locked thread