Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

trilljester posted:

It stands for Defend Your Purchase, which is what continually happens in the Android threads. Bad phone havers fighting about what poo poo smells better than the other poo poo.

oh lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

MrMoo posted:

Anyone try family sharing, it looks like the iPhone is finally actually sharing purchases but the iPad is not working on iBooks only AppStore and iTunes Store,

Wait 24 hours and "my purchases" hyperlink appears which when selected shows you other family members. Obviously.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

trilljester posted:

It stands for Defend Your Purchase, which is what continually happens in the Android threads. Bad phone havers fighting about what poo poo smells better than the other poo poo.

This is now true of iphone havers since the iphone 5.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

According to all reports, the Fifth Avenue store's line today was almost a mile long.

AAPL is just a money printing machine. Tim has done it again.

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.
dick your penis

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/arti...rt-list-large_0

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
I think im going ot get an iphone 6

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

hey look its passflips

CISADMIN PRIVILEGE
Aug 15, 2004

optimized multichannel
campaigns to drive
demand and increase
brand engagement
across web, mobile,
and social touchpoints,
bitch!
:yaycloud::smithcloud:
They dropped a new 1password today with touchID login for safari and stuff. now i want a touch id phone.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

CISADMIN PRIVILEGE posted:

They dropped a new 1password today with touchID login for safari and stuff. now i want a touch id phone.

yeah touchid might make me go buy a 5s

i dont really care about the market getting flooded with used 5s' though because knowing what most people do with their phones i dont want to touch them let alone rub it all over my face

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Pissflaps posted:

its really good you ought to

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

two 1password updates in two days?

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

yeah it's sweet tits

fyi since they're terrible at explaining things https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-ios/5/en/topic/extension

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

the first time I touch ID'd to get into 1password I swear I heard a hundred angels singing the Hallelujah chorus

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Pissflaps posted:

i like mine. i think you will too

Flyndre
Sep 6, 2009
The five finger pinch gesture occasionally stops working on my ipad mini retina after updating, I have to reboot to make it work again. ANyone else have this problem??

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Endless Mike posted:

i am not getting green texts on my mac or ipad.

I cant' find the cite now but I believe the SMS-extending features got delayed until October and/or until Yosemite drops.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Beeftweeter posted:

yeah touchid might make me go buy a 5s

i dont really care about the market getting flooded with used 5s' though because knowing what most people do with their phones i dont want to touch them let alone rub it all over my face

does that one have the m8 chip or whatever it's called?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
mate

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

so what the heck. 8 got rid of the camera roll and all the old apps don't let me upload photos that aren't in the recent album.

Tim why

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

because the mental parasite that calls itself "U2" has managed to claim another being, extending it's psychic reach in our dimension of meat and bones

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose!
They merged photostream into the camera roll, and they were going to make it all available with iCloud Photos, but it wasn't ready for release so you get a half-implemented pile of garbage. Hope you like your andoirdf

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

2010/2011

2014-2xxx

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

in the year 201x,
there was only fear.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
http://i.imgur.com/yUxnsvS.jpg

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

i knwo how to remove predictive text but not so sure about that other bar with the " < > next" poo poo in it

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

timb

HAIL eSATA-n fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Sep 19, 2014

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

It's Always Mostly Sunny In Vancouver™

CISADMIN PRIVILEGE
Aug 15, 2004

optimized multichannel
campaigns to drive
demand and increase
brand engagement
across web, mobile,
and social touchpoints,
bitch!
:yaycloud::smithcloud:

THC posted:

It's Always Mostly Sunny In Vancouver™

to be fair in Vancouver that qualifies as mostly sunny

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

wow the weather prediction thing sure is always wrong for my exact position and the exact time i move my blackout curtains to the side to peer out into the shameful world of the hehbreeders and it is in no way a guess at what the average weather over an entire geographic area will be during an unspecified amount of time

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

lmao this thing says it's 17 but it's really 18!!! idiots

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

lmao this thing says it's 17 but it's really 18!!! idiots

lmao!

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

the entire city has been socked in overcast and raining for 2 days and for 2 days it had said "mostly sunny" it is clearly a bug you idiot

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

THC posted:

the entire city has been socked in overcast and raining for 2 days and for 2 days it had said "mostly sunny" it is clearly a bug you idiot

lmao yeah you morons EVERYONE stays on top of vancouver's weather you freaking MAROONS it's so OBVIOUS UGH

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
weather chat

is actually happening

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

the forecasts are fine anyway i guess the xml or json or whatever they get from the weather channel is just hosed and is stuck on one value for current conditions

in ios7 it always said "with low visibility" even if the visibility was unlimited, now we get this poo poo

z0rlandi viSSer
Nov 5, 2013

already restored back to 7.1.2

wow iOS8 is a POS

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

z0rlandi viSSer posted:

already restored back to 7.1.2

wow iOS8 is a POS

z0rlandi viSSer
Nov 5, 2013

i didnt back anythinuing up so i lost a year of contacts, calendars and other poo poo

rofl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
on the non-Xbox iPhone 6 in landscape mode the navigation for Safari is on the top bar and is making me sperg out so hard

• Locked thread