Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Dirty posted:

In what way is repeating what you heard not spreading a rumour?

A false rumor at that. Yes, the Devs sure did put an entire fleet on probation. That's very feasible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

DonDoodles posted:

A false rumor at that. Yes, the Devs sure did put an entire fleet on probation. That's very feasible.

Wait...I was put on probation? Time to leave the fleet now.

Going to rat you all out for access to Xe's fleet base and roll in the dil.

Goat Pillager
Mar 1, 2013
http://pastebin.com/jU4asaj2

So this pubbie fleet that randomly recruited me and Sonicshower off of ESD wants us to recruit people.

I went off to DS9 to do just that, recruit people, and it wasn't well recieved.

I'm not sure what I, or Colonel Green for that matter, did wrong.

Edit:

http://pastebin.com/uSnZPbL7

Even after essentially telling the fleet leader what I was doing, he somehow entirely missed it.

He also didn't tell me to stop recruiting, so I went right back to it.

Edit 2:

After one of his officers happily used access to the Dental shipyard to buy a boat, they apparently informed the leader what Dental actually is and I was kicked.

Edit 3:

http://pastebin.com/THh3WCDs

I found a new home in the Federation of Star Trek Roleplayers, run by an ERPist who got booted from the Storytellers. Hopefully he will appreciate my recruitment efforts more, funded by the donation of most of his fleet bank.

Goat Pillager fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Sep 20, 2014

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Goat Pillager posted:

So this pubbie fleet that randomly recruited me and Sonicshower off of ESD wants us to recruit people.+

Those are all great.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
STF classifications are getting a revamp and hahahahahahaha

Cryptic posted:

Advanced does offer some new challenges as well. Many objectives that were optional in Normal mode are now required in Advanced mode. We hope you were paying attention during your playthroughs of Normal before jumping into Advanced. Beginning with the release of Delta Rising, failure to complete these formerly optional objectives will result in the immediate failure of the mission. Upon failure, you will receive a portion of the rewards that you would have received for completing the mission, so you still are rewarded for your time spent in the event.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

SKY COQ posted:

STF classifications are getting a revamp and hahahahahahaha

Is it that time again?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

So now Elite will actually be Elite. Not that pubbies will listen, they're just gonna faceroll straight into new Elite with their DBB rainbow catbus and explode. I doubt you'll ever see a complete elite STF off a public queue.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Hmm, it sounds like its time for the STF snobs to ride again. I'm sure pubbies will appreciate any and all "helpful" advice and constructive critiques of their performance mid-STF.

Especially if a borg probe "accidentally" slips past and the mission fails. :v:

Time to slot tractor beam repulsors on literally everything again.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

DancingShade posted:

Hmm, it sounds like its time for the STF snobs to ride again. I'm sure pubbies will appreciate any and all "helpful" advice and constructive critiques of their performance mid-STF.

I do that anyway. Scihole supremacy.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

DancingShade posted:

So...acting like a 'pubbie' then? "OMG NOOIB U SUK'? I fail to understand your desire.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

The evening crew always gets the optional. Even in HSE.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Bloodly posted:

So...acting like a 'pubbie' then? "OMG NOOIB U SUK'? I fail to understand your desire.

It's ok, Bloodly. No one expects you to understand.

Lock Knight
Oct 5, 2012

You're gonna carry that weight.
Cybernetic Crumb

CommissarMega posted:

Does anyone have links to good Tactical Captain builds? I seem to recall some, but it's been ages since I last played STO.

I like this one: http://imgur.com/sTgEqUK

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

MikeJF posted:

So now Elite will actually be Elite. Not that pubbies will listen, they're just gonna faceroll straight into new Elite with their DBB rainbow catbus and explode. I doubt you'll ever see a complete elite STF off a public queue.
Looking at HSE now, I doubt you'll ever see an elite public queue period once they realize it's futile for your average shitfit pubboat.

For us on the other hand I bet it will be fun. :getin:

Acer Pilot posted:

The evening crew always gets the optional. Even in HSE.
HSE is the only currently fun STF.

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.
I am going to TBR so many pugs to failure it's going to be fixed within a week.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

DancingShade posted:

I never remember to unreverse my TBRs. :(

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Ahaha wow, got to the last currently-available mission on Tribble and I wasn't seeing that... event coming. Looks like Cryptic's having some fun with this expansion. :allears:

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Do we obliterate a Talaxian colony from orbit due to the 'presence' of Undine terrorists amongst the populace?

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

No. :qq: But don't worry, there are still plenty of dead Talaxians in a prior mission.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
No. no. no.

quote:

Normal

All Captains and critters in Normal mode will be fighting at level 50, and those who enter the queues above that level will have their efficacy lowered to that of level 50.

Advanced Mode

In addition, players with Captains under max level will find themselves bolstered up to level 60, the same level as their opponents.

Elite

We expect you to not just be outfitted in great gear, but...

So STFs will come in "Throttle everybody back so no one feels left out", "Throttle everybody up so no one feels left out", and "Spend six months non-stop grinding upgrades" flavors. I can deal with the last one, because if I lose interest in the grind I can stop and not bother with the new elite mode for a while. But the first two kinda gently caress up the existing game a lot.

Well actually It'll make teamwork more of a factor, which would be fine except sometimes you're on at an off hour and you're stuck with John Q Pubbie.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Someone call up JJ Abrams, because I think we've got the plot for the next movie right here:

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

Moon Slayer posted:

Someone call up JJ Abrams, because I think we've got the plot for the next movie right here:

Surprisingly not as bad as I thought it was going to be. No, not anywhere near good, but not the same level if depraved, retarded rambling that's in most pubbie bios.

Major Spag
Nov 4, 2012

Moon Slayer posted:

The real twist is he is actually a triple++ spy who was brainwashed by the Tal Shiar to spy on the Undine who genetically modified him to spy on the Alpha Quadrant!

Spy! SPY!

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
...Now I'm wondering about Mirror Universe Undine.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
I imagine the Mirror Universe Borg to be a bunch of neckbeards Beowulf clustered to a queen who looks like a naked and petrified Natalie Portman.

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.

Goat Pillager posted:

So this pubbie fleet that randomly recruited me and Sonicshower off of ESD wants us to recruit people.

I went off to DS9 to do just that, recruit people, and it wasn't well recieved.

I'm not sure what I, or Colonel Green for that matter, did wrong.

Edit:

http://pastebin.com/uSnZPbL7

Even after essentially telling the fleet leader what I was doing, he somehow entirely missed it.

He also didn't tell me to stop recruiting, so I went right back to it.

Edit 2:

After one of his officers happily used access to the Dental shipyard to buy a boat, they apparently informed the leader what Dental actually is and I was kicked.

Edit 3:

http://pastebin.com/THh3WCDs

I found a new home in the Federation of Star Trek Roleplayers, run by an ERPist who got booted from the Storytellers. Hopefully he will appreciate my recruitment efforts more, funded by the donation of most of his fleet bank.

We have a mini butts here.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
drat, I figured the stats on the dauntless would have been revealed already. Usually they release them the next day or two after announcing a ship. I do see it has a universal console that alters its look though. I have no idea the point. You take on the look of your foe while all your foes take on the look of the dauntless. I'm confused at to what effect they hope this does. Either the dauntless basically drops aggro because it looks like one of them. Or it becomes the singular target of everything because you look like the enemy to all the know dauntless ships around it.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
So the Elite queues will give you upgrade boost items? That seems like it could be handy.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

Bloodly posted:

...Now I'm wondering about Mirror Universe Undine.

The only person any of them can turn into is James T. Kirk.

Lord Frankenstyle fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Sep 20, 2014

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Moon Slayer posted:

Seriously, who takes all that time and trouble to write outlandish fanfic about their pretend spacemans?
I do. Shut up, it's fun.

Also, good God-drat did I level fast. I started playing on Friday night, and that along catapulted me to level 31 :stare: Hit 50 on Saturday morning, and I'm having tons of fun destroying everything in my Ar'Kif carrier (which is a destroyer of worlds, hth).

CommissarMega fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Sep 21, 2014

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.

CommissarMega posted:

Seriously, who takes all that time and trouble to write outlandish fanfic about their pretend spacemans?
I do. Shut up, it's fun.

Also, good God-drat did I level fast. I started playing on Friday night, and that along catapulted me to level 31 :stare: Hit 50 on Saturday morning, and I'm having tons of fun destroying everything in my Ar'Kif carrier (which is a destroyer of worlds, hth).

whats hth mean

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

How many torpedos on a ship is too many?

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

Baron Porkface posted:

How many torpedos on a ship is too many?

Torps are optional and you use one at the most.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Lagomorphic posted:

Torps are optional and you use one at the most.

Unless you're fighting the Crystalline Entity. I have a torp boat specifically for doing that.

bubbles depo
Jul 25, 2006

doot doot!

BombermanX posted:

whats hth mean

Huge tittied hoe

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

Hunter Noventa posted:

Unless you're fighting the Crystalline Entity. I have a torp boat specifically for doing that.

Exposure to crystals can do crazy things to your mind.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

Hunter Noventa posted:

So you're saying that you are so bad at this game that you need a specialized build for doing loving Crystalline Catastrophe? What's your pro strat for HSE? Do you just poo poo your pants and logoff?

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
A pastebin of what went down in the Xtern1ty channel yesterday. Xean referring to self in third person: Check; Xean using the "we" pronoun when it's really just him: Check; People in his own channel getting angry at him for going on and on about Dental: check.

Link:http://pastebin.com/j6s6G0ni

quote:

[XTERN1TY] Xean@xtern1ty: That is my word, and that word is a promise. Now you have 10 seconds to leave this channel and never return.
[XTERN1TY] Correl@tzuna1: yeah time to leave for you and your friends
[XTERN1TY] Empress Rorie Hawkins@sharradray: Oh for gently caress sakes
[XTERN1TY] Xean@xtern1ty: 10
[XTERN1TY] Nal'Dore K. Pak'vel@lontohk: *SIGH*
[XTERN1TY] Joe@xbx-117: 12
[XTERN1TY] Empress Rorie Hawkins@sharradray: Holy chirst
[XTERN1TY] Esteban@diabolical91: STOP COUNTING AN KICK HIM!
[XTERN1TY] Xean@xtern1ty: 5
[XTERN1TY] Joe@xbx-117: 19
[XTERN1TY] Xean@xtern1ty: 4

AirborneNinja
Jul 27, 2009

Lagomorphic posted:

So you're saying that you are so bad at this game that you need a specialized build for doing loving Crystalline Catastrophe? What's your pro strat for HSE? Do you just poo poo your pants and logoff?

Jesus christ dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

AirborneNinja posted:

Jesus christ dude

Leave him alone, he's just the flipside of Xaen.

• Locked thread