Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Lady Gaza posted:

I like to think that the T-shirt gun John fired on his show the other day was in homage to the Bugle.

You know full well that it was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Long Way Down
Jul 14, 2009

I am Jack's complete lack of surprise

Grimey Drawer
If he had been able to hit baseballs from an inflatable batting cage on a battleship to people waiting on jetskis it would have been true pandering.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
The Political Animal bits are amazing.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Apparently there will be no respite from country-based puns this summer.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Had a listen to the Dave podcast with Alex Horne earlier, the upshot of which is I'm going to the Soho theatre tomorrow to see him do a live one with Andy.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Does anyone happen to know which episode has Andy talking about potential original names for... I think Coca-Cola... /what the names that they come up with are? I seem to recall it being something along the lines of "Bubbly Bastard" or something?

Dezoth
Mar 26, 2010

thexerox123 posted:

Does anyone happen to know which episode has Andy talking about potential original names for... I think Coca-Cola... /what the names that they come up with are? I seem to recall it being something along the lines of "Bubbly Bastard" or something?

I forget what episode it was in, but it was "Old Bubbly Bastard".

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Big fan of Andy reading out the name "Bulbasaur."

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002
Something from Chris:

https://twitter.com/producerchris/status/512230582294941696

quote:

Chris Skinner @producerchris
Tomorrow I will be doing something I've not done for months #273

Also, while I was looking at my Bugle TweetDeck column, I found a bit Andy wrote in TimeOut: http://www.timeout.com/london/comedy/andy-zaltzman-on-the-scottish-referendum

Thurm
Nov 11, 2008
And it's back!

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
This thread should get stickied. What timing with Scotland, too.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Chris: What? WHAAAAAAAAT?

IDOLA
Sep 17, 2005

:-)
I was falling asleep when that happened and then I heard it and burst out laughing. God bless the Bugle.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
A bit late now, but Last Week Tonight is on Sky Atlantic, had no idea.

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.
Oh yes Bugle series 2, I'm very glad there'll be 272 episodes until the next holiday.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

I can't wait for the Christmas special where Andy and Florence Nightingale finally get together.

A Long Way Down
Jul 14, 2009

I am Jack's complete lack of surprise

Grimey Drawer
I didn't realize just how much I missed this until it came crashing back in to my life

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
"Traffic is annoying." - John Oliver

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
I've been enjoying the hell out of Last Week Tonight, but my life has been a little short on excruciating puns.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

More protests need signs that say, "Hey! I'm walkin' here!"

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
Listening to the Comedian's Comedian podcast episode on Andy Zaltzman, especially his answer regarding John's massive popularity, really makes me wish Andy was more popular.

I also wished he put out a DVD.

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

toanoradian posted:

especially his answer regarding John's massive popularity

Mind summarising or giving me a rough time frame? Super interested in that question but I have a huge podcast backlog as it is

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
The topic of 'John' is between 57:58 and 1:04:22 in the episode I linked. It's a short segment. The interview is set in Andy's shed, so there will be background noises.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

New ep up. That tree pun run was pretty amazing.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Sighence posted:

New ep up. That tree pun run was pretty amazing.

Both me and John as soon as the first pun hit: "Oh no."

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002
I worried I'm turning into a beaten child, too long without a pun run and I start to feel unloved.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...
That eucalyptus pun had one of the longest walks since cold and wet weaver.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

There's a new episode out, we might get a few episodes in a row at this rate. Also it's back to 40 minutes at last.

Edit: Err, yeah.

njsykora fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Nov 15, 2014

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Oh god. I'm sat on the train dying of laughter at the German conversation. Beautiful language.

Doubtful Guest
Jun 23, 2008

Meanwhile, Conradin made himself another piece of toazzzzzzt.

njsykora posted:

There's a new episode out, we might get a few episodes in a row at this rate. Also it's back to 40 minutes at last.

Edit: The new merch

Well, now I really want to put it on a dog.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Doubtful Guest posted:

Well, now I really want to put it on a dog.

Resist that urge! Do not put it on a dog, no matter how adorable it might seem to be.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

You just know that they will be deluged with photos of that sweater on a dog.

Y'know, from all five people who buy one.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Sighence posted:

You just know that they will be deluged with photos of that sweater on a dog.

Y'know, from all five people who buy one.

I might get one just because its hilarious looking, but I am not paying over 70 bucks for it.

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Nov 17, 2014

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Can someone explain "cold and wet weaver" to me? I'm not very smart.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Golden Retriever

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
I just listened to the dog puns for probably the dozenth time and got that loving Charles' Pan Yeah, I'll... = king Charles spaniel for the first time. I blame the bleep.

Poopy Palpy fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Nov 19, 2014

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

spamman posted:

Golden Retriever

That's awful. :negative:

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Oh god. I'm sat on the train dying of laughter at the German conversation. Beautiful language.

So majestic and sonorous!

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

I thought it was one of the better ones in that run. Way better than Corrr! Ghee!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stumiester
Dec 3, 2004

"Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent."

Jet Jaguar posted:

So majestic and sonorous!

My problem with Andy's German stuff is I'm not sure how much he means it - I mean, lots of people in real life think German is a uniquely harsh and horrible language because of... well... Hitler, but German can also be this and this, and after singing in German for a while, saying how awful and aggressive it sounds feels small minded and a bit dumb to be honest - it's like saying all French automatically sounds good. It's a bit like Southpark - how funny I find it is directionally proportional to how much I think he actually believes it.

• Locked thread