Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

"I can't wait until cancer inevitably chokes the life out of Curt Schilling."
Yeah, you're right, I meant to say the only equipment.

Anyway, my SATK mag has a bunch of DEX on it from back when I figured DEX requirements for high end all class weapons would be much higher because of the 450 required for Axion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
When subclasses were first released I made a mag that had 48 tatk and 102 satk because I though being fighter/techer was going to own, also I wanted the cat.

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

Hey, at least Fi/Te is pretty good now. It only took about 3 years.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Everything about my mag circus is gross

-First mag was tatk with 50 dex so I could be unique from everybody with a wizard, used a reset pass later and gave it 32 sdef so I could equip Ragne units like a month before they made the requirement not retarded. Whoops.

-The satk/tatk one

-3 mags, pure dex, satk with 50 dex, and ratk with 50 dex, to cover all my theoretical bases because of braver hype. Oops.

-Pure ratk because of mechguns, has 1 dex

-Pure satk because of shunka

-Pure tatk while I leveled force and techer to 70 over the summer just in case I really liked jet boots

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
50 dex, 124 ratk, 1 rdef. Not making a new one any time soon.

Lenaway
Feb 8, 2006

Touch Fuzzy
Get Dizzy
My mag was gonna be 120satk/80dex but mags max at 175 instead of 200 so I got 120/55. Is there are reason they top out at 175?

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
They raised the level cap once then forgot they existed. I don't think they've added new ability devices since the put in the photon and excube shops.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
The cap was 150 and then they noticed there was no way Casts could feasibly equip some of the high end rods/wands so they upped it to 175.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009

kirbysuperstar posted:

Speaking of, there's a crossover for Nova with some tri-ACE games, so you can dressup as Lenneth, Leanne, Zephyr, Vashyron, Reimi Saionji and EDGE MAVERICK. I wouldn't be shocked if these end up in PSO2 at some point.

Son of a bitch, if we don't get tri-ace costumes in PSO2 proper I'll weep. I want Vashyron and Lenneth costumes on my characters so bad.

Jowy
Dec 4, 2007

Jesus Christ, it's a Pyro!
Before ep 3 I dismissed Techer melee as lovely poo poo that wasn't worth the effort or money and left it about level 45, mostly through COs and some of the big EXP emergencies like Wind and Rain.

After ep 3, I cannot stop loving buying specialized wands for everything, I have like 4 different +10 latent 1 wands, and I'm working on a fifth (but probably gonna wait for a boost event because I don't need it right this moment and grinding is boring) and I could still use 1 or 2 more after that and I want all of the loving wands and I can't stop playing techer gently caress.

Save me from TE/BR.

polish sausage
Oct 26, 2010

Protocol 5 posted:

Yeah, Endo/Rindo are fast, fast, fast and they still get the bonus from Charge Up, so you convert PP into damage in a much shorter space of time than with Shunka. Endo is my go to PA for those ogre dudes, one to kneecap, one to decap. Hien Tsubaki also got a huge buff, and it's mean as hell against anything with a big hitbox. I still go to Shunka for aerial fighting, since you can't beat it's hang time, and that lets you avoid a bunch of attacks. I've been distracted by the Hunter revamp and Dual Blade Bouncer, but Katana Braver is immensely satisfying. It's definitely a good time to play this game if you're into smacking dudes really hard with swords.

I maxed out both weak stance and average stance for my katana braver. Was that a stupid thing to do? Am I a big dummy? I mean I have a reset pass so I can change but im not sure what I gotta do for a good braver.

LiquidRain
May 21, 2007

Watch the madness!

polish sausage posted:

I maxed out both weak stance and average stance for my katana braver. Was that a stupid thing to do? Am I a big dummy? I mean I have a reset pass so I can change but im not sure what I gotta do for a good braver.
Have fun with the class, I'd say. If you don't want to spend the 500 AC on an extra skill tree, split your points between the stances as you have and enjoy. You'll get a bit more damage sinking all your points into one, sure, but whatever.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Maxing both stances is technically what you do if you want to optimize your damage but weak stance is a lot of points for a situational boost, especially with a melee weapon.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------
the cap was 100 at launch. it has been going up by 25 whenever sega feels like it.

they did reciently say that they might be finally getting us to 200 mags in the foreseeable future though I think

EDIT: actually the cap might have been lower at some point

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Mag cap was 99 in beta. I think it was 150 on release, then right around the release of Extreme Quests they bumped it up to 175. I can't recall anything inbetween then. I'm willing to bet the release of Ultimate will give them enough reason to push it up again. When it happens you better hold on to all your 7-9* weapons because they're going to skyrocket in price. Insomuch as they'll cost 10,500 meseta instead of 1,050

divide by zero
Jun 5, 2007
how do I lurked moar.
Well, timely talk, we got a new Mag level increase as shown on the TGS live broadcast.

It's 190.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

divide by zero posted:

Well, timely talk, we got a new Mag level increase as shown on the TGS live broadcast.

It's 190.

You'd think it would be straight to 200, but maybe they're reserving the last 10 levels for new evolutions. Also, new potentials! Like I said, they were probably nerfing the current overpowered potentials so the new ones wouldn't be overshadowed by them. I still have hope they will be any good.

Lenaway
Feb 8, 2006

Touch Fuzzy
Get Dizzy

divide by zero posted:

It's 190.

Rad. Now my mag will have 70 dex so it'll split better for braver/bouncer mag. Sega keeps helping me out, thanks sega.

LiquidRain
May 21, 2007

Watch the madness!

Sega had a lot of PSO2 swag and other cool stuff at TGS this year. Because I'm dumb I forgot to take a photo of the t-shirts they had for sale just above the other swag, though really they weren't anything to write home about. They were also selling all the ARKS Fan Meet 2014 stuff.

Yes, you could get your photo taken with the Lillipan. Yes, I did this. And no, I won't. Last year I remember they also had a rappy suit, I didn't manage to catch that this time.

Also had some smaller trinkets like Rappy and ARKS themed carabiners, and that sew-in ARKS patch under the poster. (poster not for sale though)

You can also buy physical versions of the body pillows featuring the two PSO2es girls! ... $100 each. :what:

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Can you not buy aesthe passes and color change passes through the myshop? Or do I just not know what category they are in?

Also, I just finished Episode 1. Longest episode of anything ever. Also 3/4 of the way through they started some pointless seeming side story and then that was the conclusion to the episode, not anything about the darkers or dragon people or anything.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Sep 20, 2014

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Samurai Sanders posted:

Can you not buy aesthe passes and color change passes through the myshop? Or do I just not know what category they are in?

Also, I just finished Episode 1. Longest episode of anything ever. Also 3/4 of the way through they started some pointless seeming side story and then that was the conclusion to the episode, not anything about the darkers or dragon people or anything.

Yeah, you can't buy those things on the player shops as far as I know.

If you don't want to go through all of the matter board junk all of the cutscenes in episode 1 and 2 are available in the event chronicle.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Saagonsa posted:

Yeah, you can't buy those things on the player shops as far as I know.

If you don't want to go through all of the matter board junk all of the cutscenes in episode 1 and 2 are available in the event chronicle.
What category of thing are they? I was just browsing through the various "other" subcategories and it occurred to me that I never saw either one of those.

And I think I'll just continue through episode 2, just looking at a cutscene and grabbing a special item whenever I feel like it.

edit: according to a faq, color change passes and aesthe passes are non-tradeable, which I assume means non-sellable as well. Oddly, I can't see the color change pass in the AC store either. Did they just drop that entirely?

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Sep 20, 2014

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Trade in a number of AC scratch items in the Recycle Shop to get a color change pass. You can buy a bunch of cheap CAST parts off player shops to trade in.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

MR. J posted:

Trade in a number of AC scratch items in the Recycle Shop to get a color change pass. You can buy a bunch of cheap CAST parts off player shops to trade in.
Oh! I guess I completely misunderstood that part. I thought you somehow had to trade in scratch CARDS. Like, the cards themselves, un-scratched. You mean it's just things won off the cards?

Anyway, how do you tell which items were obtained that way?

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Go to the scratch menu, pick a scratch and pick the bottom option to look at the prize list.

Rule of thumb is any clothing item that's not a default will work. Anything else would probably be too expensive.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

alternatively you can just buy one of the dozens of rappy suits and trade that in for a color pass, usually ends up cheaper then buying a ton of parts to trade in.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
watch out I don't think you can trade in the Cow Man and 7-11 outfits though.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

You can trade in 7/11 outfits. I bought a bunch of them and got the mag form change pass. ..which I thought was a "enable switching between mag looks" item but turns out to be a one time use thing. Oh well, two Qubeleys.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Okay, I had no idea it was so easy to get stuff from the recycle shop that way. Also, at least the ten star weapon trade-in requires that you be a premium member, I didn't know if the others did too.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

kirbysuperstar posted:

You can trade in 7/11 outfits. I bought a bunch of them and got the mag form change pass. ..which I thought was a "enable switching between mag looks" item but turns out to be a one time use thing. Oh well, two Qubeleys.

my god... well then buy them up to trade in for CO Reset passes too, as long as the meseta payout from the COs you are resetting is greater than the cost of 12 AC scratch items then you are at the very least making a profit

I only passed on them because there were so many for so cheap I didn't think you could use them :psyduck:

EDIT: :frogsiren:you cannot trade in 7-11 uniforms:frogsiren: so just keep an eye of AC Scratch outfits and get them when they are at or near 100k

NextTime000 fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Sep 20, 2014

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Oh, it doesn't have a new mag pass. I suppose I should get one at some point, mine is maxed out (and mostly dex). I haven't bought any AC since one time a few months ago, is there still not a direct way to do it for non-Japanese cc holders?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

NextTime000 posted:

EDIT: :frogsiren:you cannot trade in 7-11 uniforms:frogsiren: so just keep an eye of AC Scratch outfits and get them when they are at or near 100k

Hahaha I guess they changed that. loving Sega.

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010

Samurai Sanders posted:

Oh, it doesn't have a new mag pass. I suppose I should get one at some point, mine is maxed out (and mostly dex). I haven't bought any AC since one time a few months ago, is there still not a direct way to do it for non-Japanese cc holders?

I think you can still use PSO2es to do it, either on a smartphone or something like BlueStacks. It's a little bit of work to get the stuff installed just for paying this way, but at least you don't get ripped off by a middleman.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Eigo posted:

I think you can still use PSO2es to do it, either on a smartphone or something like BlueStacks. It's a little bit of work to get the stuff installed just for paying this way, but at least you don't get ripped off by a middleman.
I thought AC for es was deliberately separate from AC for the main game? Doesn't it say that from the very beginning when you start up es? Or am I thinking of something else?

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Samurai Sanders posted:

I thought AC for es was deliberately separate from AC for the main game? Doesn't it say that from the very beginning when you start up es? Or am I thinking of something else?

That's only for the iOS version, in the Android version you share AC.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Saagonsa posted:

That's only for the iOS version, in the Android version you share AC.
Ah okay. Well, I am trying the Bluestack method now, es is installing as normal, it seems like things will go well.

edit: it was all going fine until it was time for ship selection to login, the screen won't respond to any clicks. Is that a known problem?

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Sep 21, 2014

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Okay, got past that, but what's this character continuation password? I never saw anything like that on iOS.

edit: oh, BECAUSE I played es on my iphone I have to enter that. Off to download it on the iphone again, I guess...

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Sep 21, 2014

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo. Ultimate looks hectic as gently caress:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00V5_bz220Q

Also that new harukotan field/boss, drat they are keeping up the pace.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

nerdz posted:

Holy poo poo. Ultimate looks hectic as gently caress:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00V5_bz220Q

Also that new harukotan field/boss, drat they are keeping up the pace.

Some of the text that appears:
"Challenge a world fallen to darkness"
"A dark power is awakened"
"Ultimate/Most Distorted Beast 'Anga Fandaaji [Fandarge? Fundahj? Whatever]"
"Engraving of the World's End" (Not positive about this one, it could mean engraving as in "engrave this into your mind" or a physical carving)

"Sealed giant god"
"Its name is Magatsu" (Same magatsu as "magatsuhi no kami" which are evil gods in Shinto. It's the same as Magatsu Izanagi for those familiar with Persona 4
"Engraving of Magatsu" [yeah I have to be translating this wrong]

In any case, I'm hyped as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

刻 has various different meanings depending on the context, and in this case it's pretty clearly intentionally ambiguous. It used to be a measurement of time equivalent to two hours, so you could read those as something like "The Hour of Armageddon" and "The Time of the Magatsu". It's also used in a broader sense like an age or era, so you could sub that in too. It can also mean statue or carving, so "Icon of the Magatsu" would work. In other contexts it can mean victory or cruelty, so there's that possibility as well. Simplification and consolidation of Chinese characters plus all kinds of weird metaphorical poetic usages lead to some unusual alternatives for readings.

• Locked thread