Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

kazil posted:

Gamergate will never not be hilarious.

Yeah I'm sure moot will really be missing these stupid babies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Starting October 1st, because while we could just leave and never come back NOW. I'm going to get all my poo poo postin done in 2 weeks

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

We can't keep the crowd waiting, can we?
Holy poo poo "4chan is not a place. Its a group of people united under one idea." - what is this poo poo, /v/ for /V/endetta? If moot has two and a quarter braincells to rub together, this will not end with the /v/ictory they're probably hoping for. And the tears over having a moderator who tolerates even less of their bullshit - or, horror of horrors, having a moderator who is one of those females - would be glorious.

Gotta love self-entitled children who think they own the spaces they occupy at another's pleasure or expense.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

kazil posted:

Nice, maybe 4chan will become tolerable outside of /m/ if these chucklefucks leave.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
They're not going to leave and we all know it. Nerds couldn't stick to a boycott if their lives depended on it.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Cleretic posted:

They're not going to leave and we all know it. Nerds couldn't stick to a boycott if their lives depended on it.

They do a good job boycotting sex! :v:

(not by choice)

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
"What, I have to give up doing something I like to make a point? gently caress that noise."

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

They should really try it, though. I haven't had a cellphone in nearly two years and it's been wonderful. Mildly inconvenient at times, but still wonderful.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

kazil posted:

Cracked has actually had a couple of good articles on gamergate. I didn't read the comments, but there's probably some good fuel for this thread in them, considering a bunch of mra's went apeshit in the comment section of the article about redpillers and why they are stupid.

http://www.cracked.com/blog/4-ways-gamers-still-suck-at-dealing-with-women/

http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-things-i-learned-as-internets-most-hated-person/

Here's one:

There are plenty that are related to the articles, but this one borders on insane to me.

Bored has a new favorite as of 17:17 on Sep 20, 2014

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

kazil posted:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
i cant get on twitter at work right now otherwise i would link but yesterday i saw a gamergate ex-marine "game dev" guy going around challenging people who dare insult gamergate to muay thai fights then a pro-gg guy with a nazi flag for an avatar declare people pussies for not accepting. if i could get on twitter i'd find the muay thai fighting guy for hilarity, can't even remember his name, robertrobotgamerz or something. gently caress, i suck at this.

but vidya games man.

edit: it's @RogueStarGamez

Vikar Jerome has a new favorite as of 17:21 on Sep 20, 2014

Ronnie
May 13, 2009

Just in case.
Dad, please stop!

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

This is just baffling.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

This is just baffling.

Well if you gently caress off and ignore them then you don't have to deal with them! Sounds like good advice, I bet everyone he runs into follows it, though I'm not sure why he's proud of that fact.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Don Gato posted:

Well if you gently caress off and ignore them then you don't have to deal with them! Sounds like good advice, I bet everyone he runs into follows it, though I'm not sure why he's proud of that fact.

Why the gently caress did they use the Keep Calm meme as a template, though? It's entirely unrelated to the meme and almost all of the text is in a separate font. How did this happen? Who conceived this image?

Sergeant Rock
Apr 28, 2002

"... call the expert at kissing and stuff..."

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Why the gently caress did they use the Keep Calm meme as a template, though? It's entirely unrelated to the meme and almost all of the text is in a separate font. How did this happen? Who conceived this image?

'An idiot?'

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

kazil posted:

This is beautiful. :allears:

It's like a child throwing a tearful temper tantrum and threatening that they're totally running away for reals this time and that everyone will be so sorry once they're gone, all because they haven't gotten a working hoverboard for christmas this year.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

CrowsNestMutineer posted:

This looks like fun!

It might be a prank--the city says nobody has applied for a festival permit that day--but the flyers are real. We'll all just have to wait until September to see if anyone shows up.

Hey guys, what's the update on this kickin rad festival?

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Small Frozen Thing posted:

The Dutch are a very direct people. They're pretty open about how they feel about things, which can be quite shocking when you come from an Anglosphere nation where you're supposed to couch your horrible views in euphemism and innuendo. :v:

This is not a positive quality

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

kazil posted:

Is "cow tits" Zoe Quinn? What's that even supposed to mean?

Shelf Adventure
Jul 18, 2006
I'm down with that brother

pospysyl posted:

It means they're totally not misogynistic.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

pospysyl posted:

She has breasts and is sub-human. I would say that's the joke, but I don't think it's really a joke for them.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

pospysyl posted:

"let's come up with a nickname so we don't give them attention"

Guilty Spork
Feb 26, 2011

Thunder rolled. It rolled a six.

Kugyou no Tenshi posted:

Holy poo poo "4chan is not a place. Its a group of people united under one idea." - what is this poo poo, /v/ for /V/endetta? If moot has two and a quarter braincells to rub together, this will not end with the /v/ictory they're probably hoping for. And the tears over having a moderator who tolerates even less of their bullshit - or, horror of horrors, having a moderator who is one of those females - would be glorious.

Gotta love self-entitled children who think they own the spaces they occupy at another's pleasure or expense.
The 4chan I've seen isn't anywhere close to being "united" under anything. Different boards have different cultures, and everyone hates each other and curses and disagrees on everything. The best boards on 4chan are by far the ones where people just post images and don't have much to say. moot is probably (rightly) expecting this to make the site marginally less cancerous, though I notice he's not doing things like closing /pol/.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Bored posted:

Cracked has actually had a couple of good articles on gamergate. I didn't read the comments, but there's probably some good fuel for this thread in them, considering a bunch of mra's went apeshit in the comment section of the article about redpillers and why they are stupid.

http://www.cracked.com/blog/4-ways-gamers-still-suck-at-dealing-with-women/

http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-things-i-learned-as-internets-most-hated-person/

Here's one:

There are plenty that are related to the articles, but this one borders on insane to me.

It's almost as if storytelling has a history of delivering messages about society and the human condition. :iamafag:

SybilVimes
Oct 29, 2011

Guilty Spork posted:

though I notice he's not doing things like closing /pol/.

The rules and enforcement on /pol/ has been stepped up though, in particular global rule 3, 4, 8 and even 6 are being enforced, and I've seen bans issued for 'non political discussion in /pol/', which isn't even a formal rule (but falls under global rule 6 generally)

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

"You know it's like you can't read fables anymore without SJWs like Aesop just shoving morals down your throat."

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
When did SJW morph from being something to use to make fun of insane Tumblrs to describing anyone who makes an effort to be a decent human being? It's happened on these boards for sure.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?

Trip Daddy X posted:

Hey guys, what's the update on this kickin rad festival?

why the gently caress did you remember that's today?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

SteveVizsla posted:

why the gently caress did you remember that's today?

You don't use your phone to set reminders on potential schadenfreude? :confused:

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

RareAcumen posted:

You don't use your phone to set reminders on potential schadenfreude? :confused:

No, I have real hobbies.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

zakharov posted:

When did SJW morph from being something to use to make fun of insane Tumblrs to describing anyone who makes an effort to be a decent human being? It's happened on these boards for sure.

Ever since 'PC libtard' got so overused it lost its edge.

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW
http://pastebin.com/tAynguZP

Saw this poo poo getting passed around. Would post in shitthatdidn'thappen.txt, but it seems more relevant here.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

LaughMyselfTo posted:

http://pastebin.com/tAynguZP

Saw this poo poo getting passed around. Would post in shitthatdidn'thappen.txt, but it seems more relevant here.

want to summarize this boring-rear end chatlog?

SybilVimes
Oct 29, 2011

zakharov posted:

just watch a random der untergang hitler video, it's basically based on that, with moot as hitler of course.

(ie, fake)

moerketid
Jul 3, 2012

zakharov posted:

Bits that look real with a whole made up section about "support the Social Justice movement" (lol), making a site with Tumblr, being friends with Anita Sarkeesiwatsit and selling 4chan, as well as banning all Gamergate suppporters on Anita's command. You would have to be a gullible 12 year old to fall for it which I guess is just about all the Gamergate supporters?

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!
Save that image, and repost it for him when he judges someone. Because I guarantee he will do so at some point.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

blayde

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW

This is a valuable object lesson in why you shouldn't name your son Blayden (I'm assuming it's short for Blayden).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Part of Everything posted:

Didn't know you were Métis too, nice to see another on here :)

Hey cool! One day I'll get me my own sash!

• Locked thread