Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye

Captain Candiru has a new favorite as of 06:41 on Sep 19, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

a kitten posted:

Wtf. Pro Target? I thought that guy died in the flames of old BYOB.

edit: :protarget:

he is the newest BYOB IK

sorry, fuhrer

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

a kitten posted:

Wtf. Pro Target? I thought that guy died in the flames of old BYOB.

edit: :protarget:
Check out his post history. :v:

Quote for the quote god:

Blackula69 posted:

welcome to ethics 201, where we'll be doing a playthrough of spec ops: the line

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Reminder that TCC is the funniest place on the Internet:

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

WeaponGradeSadness posted:

This reminded me to go back and check if Benzos goon was dead or in jail yet, and yep, looks likely

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Sham bam bamina! posted:

Check out his post history. :v:

Quote for the quote god:

Ugh such a bad loving game doubly so for it's forced morality railroad gameplay.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Also that probably wouldn't even stun a squirrel, unless it landed on solid concrete, and even then it probably wouldn't die.

Until it gets eaten by a local dog because it's stoned out of its mind on tranquilisers.

Whatev
Jan 19, 2007

unfading

Memento posted:

Also that probably wouldn't even stun a squirrel, unless it landed on solid concrete, and even then it probably wouldn't die.

Until it gets eaten by a local dog because it's stoned out of its mind on tranquilisers.

Squirrels fluff up their tails and reorient their limbs to increase drag when they fall. If the thing was KOed, it would probably just plop to the ground pathetically like a bag of peaches.

Thunderfinger
Jan 15, 2011

SymfonyMan posted:

I can honestly say it was the most penises I've ever seen on one head.

Jsor posted:

Yes, but does it beat the giant penis hair from Avatar?

SymfonyMan posted:

I left you open for "Lord knows it's not the most I've seen" and that's all you've got? I've seen Avatar and I didn't think of penises and let's face it, you cannot deny the penitude of that dalek's head. So I'm saying yes, that does beat whatever penises you keep seeing in Avatar. That image is etched into my mind's eye.

When I'm old, decades from now, suffering from dementia and someone asks me, "hey Aaron, how are you feeling today?" You know what my response will be?

I AM A HUMAN DALEK HYBRID BEWARE MY MULTI-PENSISED HEAD!

And the nurse will roll her eyes and wheel me down the hall to the lunch room while I wait for my pig-men to attack.

Thanks RTD!

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Wonder if he's already upgraded to human victims.

schwenz
Jun 20, 2003

Awful is only a word. The reality is much, much worse.

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

the thought of someone younger than me liking Beautiful Day is bleak as poo poo. That song is the PT Cruiser of music.

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

I've learned a lot since then

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I got a funny story about Xiaojun:

I happen to go to the same gym as Xiaojun (China Gym). As roymorrison pointed out, he has a very robotic schedule: He spends precise amounts of time on every exercise and predictably rotates through the various gym stations like the hand on a clock. In fact, one time, something knocked him out of "sync" and he somehow got ahead of himself--when he realized this, he stood perfectly still for three entire minutes and just stared at a wall. No kidding. Like, he didn't blink or move or anything--just thousand-yard-stared into the wall.

Anyway, about thirty-six minutes into his routine, he will take a bathroom break (he consumes so much fluid throughout the day that he apparently urinates 14-15 times a day). So here goes Xiaojun, wandering into the bathroom. Usually his trainer will block the door and prevent anybody else from using the bathroom (something about "shame" or something) but on this particular day, nobody was assisting him. I want to get a closer look at this guy and see what his manufacture date is (so to speak), so I follow him in there.

There he is, squatting over a toilet like some kind of animal. His bare feet are planted on the seat and he is reaching up and giving the stall walls this furious death grip. He is already looking at me when I come around the corner. Admittedly, I'm startled by what I see...but I can't help but continue watching the spectacle. Suddenly there's this loud pop, and I see a dark blur launch out of Xiaojun's bottom and into the toilet with such ferocious speed that I instantly feel dizzy trying to parse what had just happened.

Xiaojun's still holding onto the stall walls, so he pulls himself up off of the toilet, his entire body rotates backwards and upside down, and then--as his arms are about to pop right out of their sockets--he drops himself head-first into the toilet.

Needless to say, I turned right back around and beat feet. I've never been back there.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Einbauschrank posted:

Hi Goons,

my ex, my gf and me are all in our 30ies. My ex broke up with me in February 2013, I met my gf in Octobre 2013. The breakup was rather painless as we had grown apart but still liked and respected each other. We are both PhD students with a job and have the same circles of friends. When I met my new gf I told her that I was on good terms with my ex but that there was no spark left. This is absolutely true.

I made the mistake of speaking about good times we had together. Not to make her jealous but because I dislike badmouthing.

They first met at a friend's birthday party in January 2014 and I got hell for it. My gf was very withdrawn that evening, didn't dance and cried later that night because she couldn't cope with her being there. She told me that she couldn't handle this constellation on her own, i.e. myex being deeply embedded in my circle of friends as she wanted to meet them without being "the new one" being compared to my popular ex.

This has gotten worse. I met my ex new bf and didn't care about it. I told her so at a later point to assure her that that my ex was accounted for but she blamed me that I hadn't informed her of seeing my ex. Which I do, but only as a part of a group of friends and not alone. And I thought that being "on good terms" included seeing each other. I didn't immediately tell her because I feared a scene. This simmered for a few weeks and then we went on great holidays. We were very close and totally into each other. Shortly after our return it flipped. She became jealous again and asked me if I had seen her at some other point. I told her I had seen a Champions League Quarterfinal (in April)at her home together with her roommates. This made her crack. She flung a glass at the wall and she started sobbing etc. and telling me she couldn't handle it and that I had let her down. To some extent I agree, she told me about her problem and I didn't really support her. But I think I cannot help her overcome her jealousy. I am 100% monogamous and do not even flirt with other girls. I am devoted to us. I cannotheal her insecurity. She told me she couldn't do this anymore, later she calmed down to "need a few days to process this" (that I had been at my ex's house as a part of a social gathering).

I am at a loss. I do not want to sever. Everything but this is very good.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Everyone should check out the OSHA thread.

Chris Awful posted:

Pretty sure Amish are not OSHA compliant.

Slugworth posted:

Dude. They should just get some nails. I know they have a great work ethic, but I bet after the first week, one of those guys is gonna stop holding his part together.

Zamboni Rodeo has a new favorite as of 23:12 on Sep 20, 2014

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.

you irl posted:

install linux on your cat

PlantRobot posted:

word of warning doing this creates penguin or "tuxedo" colored cats

Shithouse Dave posted:

I tried this with a previous cat and found that she was no longer compatible with supermarket cat food and I had to buy the $30/ bag stuff.

you irl posted:

ugh noob just mod your cats stomach to support your precious $upermarket cat food it's simple gastroenterological surgery google it

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

HKBGUTT posted:

I found out what people do onto eachother when they participate in the act known as "french kissing". It is a rather disturbing image.

HKBGUTT posted:

The reason I found out was that the government had decided to fund a website that was going to teach teenagers "how kissing works". It seemed like a rather stupid idea
to dedicate a whole website to "kissing". After all the object of the game is to make lips touch eachother how complicated could it be? So I decided to check out this website to see how on earth
you could fill an entire website with information on such a basic topic. One of the sections was on kissing techniques and this explained in great detail how
French kissing works - basically you are meant to touch the tongue of the other counterpart with your own tongue. This idea struck me as bizarre at first but it was
like a big revelation when I could finally understand why couples on films would make these strange "eating" motions when kissing. I was 23 at the time and
I am baffled on how other people figure this out since you can't really see what going on on the "inside".

HKBGUTT posted:

I know that saying this makes me a unlikely nerd parody straight out of Big Bang Theory, but although I have never kissed anyone I can not understand
how people could find the concept of another persons tongue in your mouth as something to be desired. Again, I can only imagine this experience being
quite unsetteling if you have never heard about this concept before and suddenly your partner starts shoving his tongue down your throat. I am however,
sort of embarresed how this concept had escaped me for so long especially since the norwegian word (I am norwegian) for french kiss is tonguekiss.
Meaning that the tongue had to be involved somehow. I always imagined that what you did with your tongue was to press it against your own palate and then
touch the lips of your partner with your own lips. Somehow this all made sense.

goons.txt

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

That guy sounds like an alien trying to come to grips with the details of human mating rituals.

"Talking meat?"

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I wonder if goon-kind would be better or worse if we were all forced to read A Confederacy of Dunces before posting.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

mind the walrus posted:

I wonder if goon-kind would be better or worse if we were all forced to read A Confederacy of Dunces before posting.

Do you want to deal with a vocal pro-Ignatius crowd?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

True. Definitely worse.

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

The Casualty posted:

It's like when you make a pillow fort as a kid, only the pillows are butts and taints and sweaty thighs

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
Scanned the thread but does anyone have those posts saved where the guy just randomly in a middle of a thread just posted gibberish, then once more to never post again?
Also, the one where it talks about what it's like to run a marathon and ends with waking up in a parking lot.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Mike-o posted:

SSG Gibbs from the whole "kill team" thing was a friend of mine and in my company before all of that poo poo happened. We were part of 5th Brigade's PSD for the Colonel and CSM. The reason he was in 2-1 is because he got kicked out of our company for stealing a Gator from some Canadians on KAF. A couple months after that is when he started mercing dudes with his squad. From the way he talked it sounded like he had done that kind of stuff on his previous Iraq deployments. I don't know what to really post other than that.

He was a tall goofy dude from Montana and one of the mormon-but-not-really guys we had. I didn't believe it at all when I first heard about it, shocked the hell out of me. Honestly I don't give a gently caress that he was killing a bunch of Afghanis, gently caress those people I hope an asteroid wipes out that entire shithole, I was just pissed off that he did something stupid enough and got caught.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Grandmother of Five posted:

In Batman: Arkham City's Catwoman DLC Catwoman is a playable character and is extremely sexy. One of her moves is a sliding attack where you run and then slide into enemies in order to knock them over. Functionally, Batman has the same attack, but Catwoman's is kicked up a notch.

When Batman does the sliding attack he does the kind of slide you see baseball players do when they slide for a base, it looks OK and it is powerful, but Catwoman's sliding attack is just as powerful and several times more sexy. What she does is; 1) she gets on her knees, 2) she leans really far backwards so she is almost lying down 3) she spreads her legs, all of which is sexy individually, but when put together and accompined with her battle moans is probably the single most sexy move in the Arkham Series.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

This is one of the most disgusting things I've read on the forums. :stare:

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

my dad posted:

This is one of the most disgusting things I've read on the forums. :stare:

welcome to GiP

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax

Mycroft Holmes posted:

welcome to GiP

Do people, like, get banned at all for being unabashed fans of genocide in there? Or is GiP some kind of panopticon for crazies

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

HMS Boromir posted:

Do people, like, get banned at all for being unabashed fans of genocide in there? Or is GiP some kind of panopticon for crazies

welcome to GiP

SaltyJesus
Jun 2, 2011

Arf!
GiP has the highest kill count on the forums after TCC.

Zero Star
Jan 22, 2006

Robit the paranoid blogger.

SaltyJesus posted:

GiP has the highest kill count on the forums after TCC.
technically TCC are in negative figures, teamkills and suicides deduct a frag

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Zero Star posted:

goddamn

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

oldpainless posted:

Do dryer balls really make a difference in any appreciable way?

KnifeWrench posted:

They stick to my legs less.

SaltyJesus
Jun 2, 2011

Arf!

Zero Star posted:

:thurman:

Dogan
Aug 2, 2006

Screaming Idiot posted:

I feel sorry for Will Smith's son. He always looks so worried. :ohdear:

Ignite Memories posted:

I can tell you from experience, jaden smith is gonna have big wrinkles in his forehead by the time he's 25.

It's irresponsible to just go around emoting all the time.

Steampunk iPhone
Sep 2, 2009

by XyloJW

USDA Choice posted:

hewn by hand -- high quality wooden sunglasses
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-hewn-wooden-sunglass

Hi goons! A friend and I were looking for unique sunglasses and got the idea for wooden ones, but were disappointed by the pairs we found. After spending about six months learning way more than we ever knew possible about sunglasses, we are launching a custom-designed a line of wooden sunglasses crafted with a variety of durable, natural and sustainable woods.

There are four different kinds of sunglasses (all have same shape and sizing, the only difference is the wood)
  • walnut - durable hardwood with classic grain and stylish appeal
  • bamboo - extraordinarily light and strong, these eco-friendly frames actually float in the water
  • dark two-tone - combination of dark, ornate sandalwood and light color birch create a strong contrast (these also float)
  • light two-tone - combination of the classic walnut with birch for a slightly more subtle layered look (these also float)

In addition to the unique look provided by wood, every single one of our models includes the quality features you expect from a pair of high-end sunglasses.
  • Sturdy construction derived from handcrafted process
  • Inlaid hinges provide flexible sizing and repetitive motion durability
  • Polarized, scratch-resistant lenses with 100% UVA/UVB protection
  • A free microfiber pouch and hard case to protect your sunglasses
Additional details can be found on our website.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

El Estrago Bonito posted:

I've painted nude miniatures before, but that's taking it to a whole extra creepy level.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

HMS Boromir posted:

i've never truly understood it. it's like fyad's ironic racism, but without any obvious irony. maybe they're all in on the joke and i'm not. maybe it's real. i cannot know.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

atomicthumbs posted:

i've never truly understood it. it's like fyad's ironic racism, but without any obvious irony. maybe they're all in on the joke and i'm not. maybe it's real. i cannot know.

Gip is a quarantine forum for the absolute worst people, much like adtrw and pyf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Lottery of Babylon posted:

Gip is a quarantine forum for the absolute worst people, much like adtrw and pyf.

You forgot Let's Play.

• Locked thread