Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

i went to a mall and went to the apple store and groped the new phones and ugh

just ugh

overheard someone in the store say "its just like the samsungs!"

ugh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

Bloomberg reporting primary sales in NYC are for the iPhone 6 Plus.

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

I waited in an apple line for the 3G launch and had to explain I the people in line for 2 hours why I didn't edit on Mac OS or Apple hardware and their minds went into socking disbelief attacking me that I was somehow editing wrong.

the worst part is when you have them logically shut down they just start parroting the Mac pc ads

CISADMIN PRIVILEGE
Aug 15, 2004

optimized multichannel
campaigns to drive
demand and increase
brand engagement
across web, mobile,
and social touchpoints,
bitch!
:yaycloud::smithcloud:
hell even apple has given up on MacOS

http://arstechnica.com/apple/2014/09/icloud-for-windows-update-means-pcs-can-use-icloud-drive-before-macs-can/

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

SO DEMANDING posted:

i went to a mall and went to the apple store and groped the new phones and ugh

just ugh

overheard someone in the store say "its just like the samsungs!"

ugh
yeah they're not good

all my big hand friends who upgraded from iphones 4/4s are like "its so much better how could u not want a bigger screen!"

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

pagancow posted:

I waited in an apple line for the 3G launch and had to explain I the people in line for 2 hours why I didn't edit on Mac OS or Apple hardware and their minds went into socking disbelief attacking me that I was somehow editing wrong.

the worst part is when you have them logically shut down they just start parroting the Mac pc ads

macs are just better at graphics and photoshop and stuff

dont u know that intel hand-picks the cpus for apple? they find the most graphicsy and encodingest processors from each batch that comes out of the oven

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

"I'm a professional, and I use tools to get jobs done not feel good about Aqua"

"macs run office too"

"but final cut doesn't edit media natively and transcoding would make me have to stay extra hours for no creative process benefit"

"but macs are ready to use out of the box"

"in a professional setting you generally set up the computer a very specific way for production work so when the drives inevitably fail you can just have a spare drive with the image ready to go so you can swap and minimize downtime."

"macs can print too!"

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

pcs dont run xcode so they are pretty useless for any professional application I care to think of

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

"even people doing online work for feature films are doing it on HP workstations because they don't build any macs that can get the job done"

"yeah but macs don't get viruses"

CISADMIN PRIVILEGE
Aug 15, 2004

optimized multichannel
campaigns to drive
demand and increase
brand engagement
across web, mobile,
and social touchpoints,
bitch!
:yaycloud::smithcloud:
don't get me wrong my macbook air is a great computer that suits my needs just fine, but when i'm using for work I'm either using RDP or VMWare.

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

at the time "there are 2 certified Nvidia GPUs on the Mac Pro and so there's little choice between a card that isn't enough and some 4,000 quadro so you can't even spec the computer out to the work you want to do without way over speccing"

"macs talk the same language and support USB!"

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

um pagancow its ok we understand, we get it

if i may suggest, stop talking to people about ur work. or computers. it appears to be bad for ur health

thanks and god bless

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

pagancow posted:

I waited in an apple line
pathetic

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

SO DEMANDING posted:

if i may suggest, stop talking to people about ur work. or computers. it appears to be bad for ur health

thanks and god bless

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

gently caress it im installing yosemite, wanna get on this icloud drive action

goddammit tim why u make me do this. ship the OS time

Squinty Applebottom
Jan 1, 2013

i have a mac pro its a very nice macintosh and can render 4k and apply dozens of effects to my video real time

afaik pagancow doesn't have a mac pro so she doesn't really know what she's missing out on

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

pagancow posted:

I waited in an apple line

lol

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
i waited in a queue for about an hour for an iphone 4S and a hot lady came up and interviewed me for some local radio station or something. it was in a phone shop in a real backwater town that i'd gone to because i looked up online where there were still white 32 gig ones available, so i felt kind of guilty that i just gave boring answers like "i'm queueing up because it's either that or wait months for them to come back in stock" and "i mainly just want it for the camera, it's a lot better than the one on the 3GS"

i don;t know if i ever got on the radio because i didn't catch the name of the station but i doubt it. my voice is awful and the things i say are worse

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

SO DEMANDING posted:

if i may suggest, stop talking

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

also ios 8 + itunes 11.4 doesnt fix wifi sync

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

please quick someone quote a macvpc ad now

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]
my desktop pc has noisy fans

my macbook air is silent

your move microsoft

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
my MacBook Air fan doesn't always turn on. it gets so hot that my hand hurts if I touch the area above the keyboard. sometimes I worry, but then I remember the Mac v PC ads about how macs just work.

z0rlandi viSSer
Nov 5, 2013

MacArthur weas right about the chinese and we are paying for his inaction

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ef_BznBwktw

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

pagancow posted:

wait you have to use windows to edit video stuff at your job? that sucks and i guess it makes sense to me now why you get stressed and meltdown a lot.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

z0rlandi viSSer posted:

MacArthur weas right about the chinese and we are paying for his inaction

didn't he want to use nukes on China and then move through there and conquer the Soviets?

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

didn't he want to use nukes on China and then move through there and conquer the Soviets?

didnt we all lol

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

pagancow posted:

please quick someone quote a macvpc ad now

your operating system is different and that's okay

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Last Chance posted:

wait you have to use windows to edit video stuff at your job?

in the professional world you're not so much "using windows" as you are "using a fresh install of Windows which only has the video editing stuff installed and probably can't even connect to the wide internet"

the good versions of windows (XP and 7, usually the only ones pro rigs are supplied with) are super-stable on a proper workstation if you don't install anything else

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

Last Chance posted:

wait you have to use windows to edit video stuff at your job? that sucks and i guess it makes sense to me now why you get stressed and meltdown a lot.

I choose to use windows so I can go home at 5.

I choose to use windows at home so I dont have to hire an assistant editor, and dont have to spend 7 grand on something that can do UHD realtime.

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

also imove pro x lol

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

Ironically more of a statement of the authors passive-aggressive issues, and hopefully that officer got a reprimand for lack of "Courtesy Professionalism Respect".

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

man

this is an interesting subject but the unspoken "exotic chinese" angle kind of grossed me out

visceral reaction though when i see somebody who looks like my grandmother being manhandled by the police., so there's that i guess

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
that video is mondo racist

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
there aren't privileged white kids in line, it's a bunch of smelly poor Chinese ppl!!! they r scammers!!

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

pagancow posted:

I choose to use windows so I can go home at 5.

I choose to use windows at home so I dont have to hire an assistant editor, and dont have to spend 7 grand on something that can do UHD realtime.

sorry to hear that. that sux

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

in ios 8 my music will stop playing when I open messages

jony why?

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

Number19 posted:

in ios 8 my music will stop playing when I open messages

jony why?

obv. it's so you can devote your full attention to conversing with your friends and loved ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

"black market" like it's for some reason illegal for people in china to own an iphone on release date. it's like katrina pictures, white people are "entrepreneurs", people who don't speak fluent english are "black market peddlers"

• Locked thread