Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Coffee And Pie posted:

This is a fetish thing, IIRC

Either that, or it's the modern-day equivalent of the hair shirt that medieval monks used to wear. It's gotta be itchy as hell.

EDIT: content for new page: Want to reheat leftover pizza, but also want to have a really annoying appliance to clean? Pizza waffles!

That said, the dude who came up with this also writes for one of my favorite food websites, but I guess we've all got a lovely idea in us somewhere.

ninjahedgehog has a new favorite as of 02:55 on Sep 19, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

That's not even a hack that's just making pizza harder

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

ninjahedgehog posted:

EDIT: content for new page: Want to reheat leftover pizza, but also want to have a really annoying appliance to clean? Pizza waffles!

That said, the dude who came up with this also writes for one of my favorite food websites, but I guess we've all got a lovely idea in us somewhere.

You gotta give him credit for turning "Fold it and put it on a waffle iron." into 9 steps.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

ninjahedgehog posted:

Either that, or it's the modern-day equivalent of the hair shirt that medieval monks used to wear. It's gotta be itchy as hell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4RmKr2Kz1M&t=135s

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

ChocNitty posted:

http://youtu.be/2QY1tLseAZQ?t=3m

I tried the popcorn hack. What a jip. Popcorn seeds don't come out because they're blocked by the popcorn. And making the bag into a bowl sucks because you get the popcorn oil all over your hands, clothes, or furniture.

Life Hack: Don't eat microwave popcorn because it's loving disgusting and it's not that hard to make popcorn for real.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Brocktoon posted:

Life Hack: Don't eat microwave popcorn because it's loving disgusting and it's not that hard to make popcorn for real.

Want to whip up popcorn in a hurry? Dump a bag of popcorn into a hot pan and eat the popped corn out of a bowl like an normal person you classy poo poo #lifehax

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Want to impress a northwestern girl? Do a religious magic trick called the Walla Walla Allah Voila holla. WALA!

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

ZenMaster posted:

Want to impress a northwestern girl? Do a religious magic trick called the Walla Walla Allah Voila holla. WALA!

Don't forget the accent over the a! Wálla!

SpliffClavin
Jul 31, 2007

oh geez rick
Someone should mass produce these, they're amazing!

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

SpliffClavin posted:

Not a totally horrible lifehack. You could make some interesting flavours doing it yourself.

But that would be effort, you know most people using that would just be using standard flavours.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Also you know they're going to use that delicious hot tap water for the rinsing part.

Yum yum.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Kuiperdolin posted:

Also you know they're going to use that delicious hot tap water for the rinsing part.

Yum yum.

What?

Lifehack: not everyone's tap water smells like skunk farts and nematodes, I guess?

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice
Another list of stupid gadgets that are terrible at their only job?

How about a list that accidentally includes things that don't actually exist?

karl fungus
May 6, 2011

Baeume sind auch Freunde

quote:

The perfect pour every time. Plus, it's perfect for kids.

?????????????

Amazon even has it, apparently: http://www.amazon.com/Roll-N-Pour-RNP-1/dp/B001E1SRFO

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

The frying pan people buy for friends who cook, who then never use it because that's a terrible idea.

Just look at the bottom, what heat distribution?

mick ohio
Sep 24, 2007

So I says to Mabel, I says...

SpliffClavin posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-1nbkzJ1ck

If you truly want to try it, here's a video of someone trying several recipes for it.

Usual Barb
Aug 27, 2005

pop it and lock it

Dienes posted:

Another list of stupid gadgets that are terrible at their only job?

That pirate bottle opener, man. Really changed my life...

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

I like how you're going to have to get a knife dirty anyway just to cut the first slice.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

karl fungus posted:

?????????????

Amazon even has it, apparently: http://www.amazon.com/Roll-N-Pour-RNP-1/dp/B001E1SRFO

Do you make your giant jug take up twice as much room in the fridge, or do you leave the plastic doohicky on the counter 24/7?

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

I really want that imaginary fake temporary tattoo thingy. Looks really cool.

dumb bunny
Jan 30, 2014

Fun Shoe

Wanamingo posted:

I like how you're going to have to get a knife dirty anyway just to cut the first slice.

Why is that? Seems like it would work fine.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Xmas Future posted:

That pirate bottle opener, man. Really changed my life...

This looks like something from Surviving Edged Weapons.

Edit:
Speaking of which, that video shows various lifehacks for carrying concealed blades. Like one hidden in a lipstick, popular among prostitutes.

Lihehack: the Mexican sacatripe is used for gutting sheep, but it can also be used for other warm-blooded animals.

The MSJ has a new favorite as of 23:12 on Sep 20, 2014

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

luzie posted:

I'll admit to cutting pizza with clean scissors. It works fine. I'm not sure how that little plastic serving ledge would improve things though.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Yep nothing says "neat little gadget" like a bunch of screaming faces that you stuff your usb dongles into.

edit: It just sounds so dirty when you phrase it that way :(

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Better lifehack: use good posture you loving idiot you're going to ruin your back.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

luzie posted:

Seemed to me like the little plastic serving thingy would get in the way, but maybe it pops off.

Aggressive pricing
Feb 25, 2008

Wanamingo posted:

It's amazing how they've managed to take two things with hundreds, if not thousands, of uses and made something only good for cutting small slices of pizza.

dumb bunny
Jan 30, 2014

Fun Shoe

Wanamingo posted:

Seemed to me like the little plastic serving thingy would get in the way, but maybe it pops off.

It goes under the pizza

pack it yo
Aug 6, 2007

pack it yo has a new favorite as of 00:09 on Sep 21, 2014

karl fungus
May 6, 2011

Baeume sind auch Freunde
I've cut a pizza plenty of times with a normal, everyday pair of scissors. DID YOU KNOW that if you keep cutting, it goes to the other side? And that you can cut it multiple times to make slices?? MAGIC

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

karl fungus posted:

?????????????

This is probably specifically for disabled people who can't handle a jug like that. Niche, but probably pretty good for people who need that kind of assistance. v:shobon:v

e: Yeah the amazon listing is even explicitly from a medical assistance devices company. Way to go, lovely gadget list, including things for people who are actually disabled as great lifehacks. Next we'll see them attaching wheels to their chairs.

neongrey has a new favorite as of 00:15 on Sep 21, 2014

Aggressive pricing
Feb 25, 2008

Oh, she'll need those googles Saturday night, but it won't be for onions...

:gizz:

betaraywil
Dec 30, 2006

Gather the wind
Though the wind won't help you fly at all

This is the most ridiculous poo poo I've ever heard of:
http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/oxo-cake-tester/

quote:

Gauge a cake’s doneness by simply inserting the fine stainless-steel wire into its center; if the tester comes out free of batter or moist crumbs, the cake is done. A soft-grip handle makes the tester easy and safe to use near a hot oven.
  • Easily test the doneness of cakes, quick breads and other baked goods.
  • Reusable, unlike toothpicks and bamboo skewers.
  • Soft-grip handle; stainless-steel probe.
  • Dishwasher safe.

crosshatch
Dec 10, 2006

Lies. I do not like this.

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling

I use a pair of old safety goggles when I cut onions. It works perfectly and the onion fumes don't bother me at all.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
I just dump my onions on the floor and eat them like a animal.

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.
I just cut onions because I am not a giant goddamn baby.

#lifehack: don't be a pissy wimp when chopping onions.

Hummingbirds
Feb 17, 2011

betaraywil posted:

This is the most ridiculous poo poo I've ever heard of:
http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/oxo-cake-tester/

I don't get it. I use toothpicks because I already have them but if I had that, I'd use it instead.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Yeah, but try picking your teeth with a cake tester.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

If men had uteruses they'd be called duderuses.

I want to see an informercial with this product! Showing some moron in black and white spilling a jug of orange juice or milk all over the table and floor. Then a happy family happily pouring with that thing, gathered around the table oohing and ahhing. Then the kids pick up the orange juice and smile and laugh at each other.