Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

Under the vegetable posted:

So when do we find out that fez has like full blown toxoplasmosis induced schizophrenia
When he even gets slightly aggressive with Ron, until then he's just a Baby Boy autistic hiding behind minority status.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

So I only just realized that now both Opie and Anthony are on a four day a week schedule, months if not years after yelling at Howard for doing that and that they were the workhorses of the company. :laugh:

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Love is a tiny lion holding a donut!
well I thought the 4day thing was just for the summer but it's getting kinda annoying now. That being said isnt Howard hardly there anymore? Like I don't think it's all that comparable.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Tr33 posted:

well I thought the 4day thing was just for the summer but it's getting kinda annoying now. That being said isnt Howard hardly there anymore? Like I don't think it's all that comparable.

Just wait until their new contract comes and they will permanently be on 4 days* taking a pay cut i'd guess but in the end to make it easier on themselves, have an extra day, and still make enough fat cash overall. Works great for Opie now with kids, and Jim with the stand up career.

Anthony won't be changing it either obviously.

T Bowl fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Sep 18, 2014

Droopy Goines
Aug 2, 2003

Presented in DTS ES 6.1 where available.
Let's pause and take a moment to appreciate the fact that Franklyn has been MIA from the Ron and Fez show the last few years.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Droopy Goines posted:

Let's pause and take a moment to appreciate the fact that Franklyn has been MIA from the Ron and Fez show the last few years.
Let's take another moment to appreciate that he probably said more during that time than Fez has since then.

Tr33 posted:

Great, then both of them still have something to aspire to.

ChristianDB
Jun 29, 2008

Morter posted:

Heard the Fez v Paul O bit, and now I'm starting to turn on Fez a bit. Work or shoot, the character of Fez Whatley is starting to become unlikable on all fronts, now that his default defense is yelling. Of course, Paul O doesn't deserve much more than the friendly prodding he gets over the phone, but Fez has no right to call out anyone on anything.

Him mocking Paul O's dead wife, and in the same breath being sensitive about Paul O bringing up his contribution to the show, is Opster levels of insanity.

what day was this?

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

ChristianDB posted:

what day was this?

I think he's talking about this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-B4uzlU-FM

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.
Ant and his guest from today, Taleeb Starkes:

Tevryr
Dec 5, 2009

Cromulent posted:

opies got some hot t-shirt competition now

foobar
Jul 6, 2002

Cromulent posted:

I'm a little slow in the head, can someone explain the shirts to me? Do both lines mean the same thing, or does the upside-down heart have a different meaning? Or am I completely out of my mind?

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Love / hate

Tevryr
Dec 5, 2009
it would be cool if he incorporated the full set
- i club nggrs
- i spade blaks

Paul Kersey
Oct 28, 2004

Morter posted:

Heard the Fez v Paul O bit, and now I'm starting to turn on Fez a bit. Work or shoot, the character of Fez Whatley is starting to become unlikable on all fronts, now that his default defense is yelling. Of course, Paul O doesn't deserve much more than the friendly prodding he gets over the phone, but Fez has no right to call out anyone on anything.

Him mocking Paul O's dead wife, and in the same breath being sensitive about Paul O bringing up his contribution to the show, is Opster levels of insanity.

Agreed. It's been interesting hearing Fez go into full-on heel mode the past few weeks (and I do think the Paul O thing the other day was a work, even if Fez's general insanity isn't), but it's getting to be a bit much.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

quote:

Taleeb Starkes is the author of an Amazon #1 selling book that confronts the criminal and sociopathic subculture (along with their apologists) existing within the Black community titled The Un-Civil War: BLACKS vs NIGGERS

His politically-incorrect commentaries can be found at American Thinker, CLashDaily.com, Freedom Outpost, and Teriobrien.com.

http://patriotdepot.com/the-black-sphere/

Cool.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

The "customers who bought this item also bought" on Amazon is pretty funny.

White Girl Bleed A Lot: The Return Of Racial Violence And How The Media Ignores It
Black Racism, White Victims: Reverse Discrimination, Black-On-White Crime And Other Legal Problems
Black Skin Privilege And The American Dream
Hating Whitey And Other Progressive Causes
Black Mecca Down: Atlanta - The Fall Of The City Too Busy To Hate
Please Stop Helping Us: How Liberals Make It Harder For Blacks To Succeed
White Identity: Racial Consciousness In The 21st Century
Escape From Detroit: The Collapse Of America's Black Metropolis
If I Had A Son: Race, Guns And The Railroading Of George Zimmerman
Stuff Black People Don't Like: 365 Black Days Of Judging By Content Of Character

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Cromulent posted:

Ah, there he is.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Cromulent posted:

considered subscribing after all, photo saved me $60, good game

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
I'd totally buy an "I :love: knssrs" shirt.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

It's okay. He's "one of the good ones."

Droopy Goines
Aug 2, 2003

Presented in DTS ES 6.1 where available.
Two points from the R&F show on Wednesday :
- the tour bus story was hilarious
- Fez needs to be taken behind the barn and shot

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Not that it even being factually untrue would even matter, since it's a conservative talking point and all, but was the populace under Nazi Germany REALLY all disarmed and poo poo? Even if they were, there was this whole goddamn army of Schutzstaffel of the Nazi Party defending the government/Hitler from a popular uprising. It's as though gun nuts are taking something out of context in order to use it as a crappy argument against doing anything to change how 5-year-olds are gunned down en masse at loving Kindergarten.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Call Me Charlie posted:

If I Had A Son: Race, Guns And The Railroading Of George Zimmerman

Also funny, since he got 'railroaded' all the way back onto the streets, where he's been beating women and shoving guns in their faces.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
I haven't really listened much since about a week after anthony left and the show burned out with too much opie. I caught some this past week and this week though and I keep hearing a chick. Did they finally cave and get a """"Hole""""?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Untagged posted:

I haven't really listened much since about a week after anthony left and the show burned out with too much opie. I caught some this past week and this week though and I keep hearing a chick. Did they finally cave and get a """"Hole""""?
I think they had Nikki Glaser in a bunch but she's a bit too hosed up to count as a "Hole". At least that's who I think was on the one time I heard it in the car. Besides the other time, when it was Sandy Kane. :pwn:

Kelfeftaf
Sep 9, 2011

Apoplexy posted:

Not that it even being factually untrue would even matter, since it's a conservative talking point and all, but was the populace under Nazi Germany REALLY all disarmed and poo poo? Even if they were, there was this whole goddamn army of Schutzstaffel of the Nazi Party defending the government/Hitler from a popular uprising. It's as though gun nuts are taking something out of context in order to use it as a crappy argument against doing anything to change how 5-year-olds are gunned down en masse at loving Kindergarten.

http://www.salon.com/2013/01/11/stop_talking_about_hitler/

BigPoot
Jan 16, 2013

CrashCat posted:

I think they had Nikki Glaser in a bunch but she's a bit too hosed up to count as a "Hole". At least that's who I think was on the one time I heard it in the car. Besides the other time, when it was Sandy Kane. :pwn:

The woman who wrote the book with Paul Williams was on a lot yesterday too.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
I bought the show for a month. He's just a miserable drunk. Let him set up a nice comfy fortress that allows him to feed on his own delusions, I don't feel like helping him do that. Just gonna steal the show from now on when I see there's a funny guest like Colin on. He needs someone to bounce off of, otherwise he's insufferable. That's why I never liked Live from the Compound.

I would also buy an "I :love: knssrs" shirt.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

The shows with guests are really good. The shows by himself aren't so great. He definitely needs someone to bounce stuff off of. My wish is still that Jimmy and Ant do a show together.

Has there been any update on contract negotiations? I got 3 months free of Sirius with a tablet I bought and not sure if I should even bother.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
He just needs to stop using Niggermania or whatever as his sole show prep. The show definitely has potential, but having like 80% of the stories be "look at this video of black people being violent" is really getting old. I haven't decided yet if I'm going to re-up for October.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.
I feel the same way. I like Ant solo shows when he's just being goofy, but the race stories are still way too frequent. Even if he's not ranting and raving like he used to, it's just irritating, and most of all not entertaining. I think the good still outweighs the bad overall, but enough with the race poo poo already, Ant.

Frost Uncle
Nov 2, 2012
bbut he says what everyone ELSE is afraid to say and just wants an open and honest dialogue...

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Frost Uncle posted:

bbut he says what everyone ELSE is afraid to say and just wants an open and honest dialogue...

It's just general laziness on his own show, and he should step up his game.

Ant can be a funny motherfucker, and he's now got a visual element to work with that can be used to great results (see the two headed girl and making that disabled victim sing). He should go more with that instead of whatever the gently caress point he's trying to make with this constant racial poo poo.

OlyMike
Sep 17, 2006
I'm talking about flagellation, who gives a damn about parades

Frost Uncle posted:

Wait, we all think the the N word when we get cut off in traffic right? right?

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

The site that I download my shows from refuses to put up Ant's show because "solidarity with Ant" and all that poo poo. So the other day they put up like an eight minute clip of the show telling people to subscribe and of course it was that Taleeb Starkes dude and Ant talking about black on black crime. Apparently the racist shitbags are his actual audience since they seem to think that awful clip is going sell people on subscribing to Ant's show. :-/

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
Wasn't it just a week ago that a lot of you were saying his show had gotten better?

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
The uncomfortable feelings of cognitive dissonance can cause a host of nonsensical behaviors.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

therealjon_ posted:

The site that I download my shows from refuses to put up Ant's show because "solidarity with Ant" and all that poo poo. So the other day they put up like an eight minute clip of the show telling people to subscribe and of course it was that Taleeb Starkes dude and Ant talking about black on black crime. Apparently the racist shitbags are his actual audience since they seem to think that awful clip is going sell people on subscribing to Ant's show. :-/

Yeah, go over to his reddit and you'll see nothing but people going wild for Starkes' appearance.

quote:

I loved seeing Taleeb on TACS today. He is a super articulate dude, and gave an excellent perspective on the black community that had previously been lacking on the show. I really hope to see more down-to-earth, honest black people come on the show and speak to Ant. I know that just talking to Ant is enough to bring negative attention to Taleeb from the black community as well as white guilt ridden libs. Coming on the show was a super ballsy move on his part.

quote:

Fuckin loved him. It was a good day today. I ordered his book and gave the man 5 stars on amazon. It supports Anthony. And he deserves both.

quote:

Taleeb had some brilliant observations. I hope his work is not all in vain.

quote:

He was probably the best guest on the show so far. I hope he can really change some minds about this.

quote:

Taleeb Starkes was a great guest. Being from philadelphia myself I could appreciate his views of the city. I remember when MLK HS was built and to watch it erode over the years is just sad. Hearing an American of African decent such as Mr. Strarkes was truly refeshing.

quote:

"If I had ten divisions of those men, then our troubles here would be over very quickly."

quote:

He was great. I hope he's a regular guest during instances of issues within certain communities.

quote:

I really enjoyed him a lot. He sees things as they are. He is intelligent and articulate.

I daresay he is Anthony black alter ego.

Sadly people like Taleeb are minimized because they do not "toe the company line" when it comes to black issues, but forces them to examine problems in their own community to make things better, rather than constantly looking to place blame on someone else for ones own behavior. I wish him all the luck in the world, but Mr. Starkes is pissing into the wind.

On a side note, you think Ant is ballsy enough to wear that shirt from the sidebar pic in public? :D

OlyMike
Sep 17, 2006
I'm talking about flagellation, who gives a damn about parades

Call Me Charlie posted:

Yeah, go over to his reddit and you'll see nothing but people going wild for Starkes' appearance.

Oo, two "articulate" mentions. If that's his fan base, I won't even bother stealing the poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FarmerHank
Jan 6, 2011

farming techniques vary
Has Opie brought up any mention of the contract negotiations? I know its a long shot but I want some circumstance to happen where Opie and Anthony are back together.

• Locked thread