Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Villager is a good character to play as.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

instead of learning to play the other demo characters, i got addicted to zipping across the stage and swiping up at people with link's sword.

yeah it's real fun

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Donkey Kong is a good franchise, though it's not my favorite.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

JesusLovesRonwell posted:

Can I post in here again?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
Villager is a bullshit character for campers and people who like to suck the fun out of games and win by time-outs. I'm sorry - I love Animal Crossing too, but he is not a well designed or thought out character. He's banned from my tournaments, anyhow.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

I will play a lot as Samus, even if she isn't the best character.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Ammat The Ankh posted:

I will play a lot as Samus

Could have left it at that :(

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

bonzibuddy64 posted:

Villager is a bullshit character for campers and people who like to suck the fun out of games and win by time-outs. I'm sorry - I love Animal Crossing too, but he is not a well designed or thought out character. He's banned from my tournaments, anyhow.

I'm going to make Sakurai add Dixie as DLC, then ban it from my tournaments

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Ammat The Ankh posted:

I will play a lot as Samus, even if she isn't the best character.

Same

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Donkey Kong is a good franchise, though it's not my favorite.

It's ok. I really like the arcade stuff. Even Stan the Bugman's pretty fun. Also Donkey Kong Jr. is cool because it's about Mario being evil :twisted:

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

bonzibuddy64 posted:

Agreed, though he won't be banned, just mercilessly made fun of.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

The only thing banned in any Imp Zone games I host will be not having fun

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Megaman has surprisingly decent smash attacks and air game, with poo poo special attacks. Which is kind of the opposite of how you would expect Megaman to play, but whatever.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Widestancer posted:

The only thing banned in any Imp Zone games I host will be not having fun

Harsh, but fair.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

they could have made the villager cool like Mr Game and Watch but instead they gave him that gyroid.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i plan to host a game and specifically ban frowning or bringing people down.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
"Me Gay Man" - Megaman.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

mabels big day posted:

they could have made the villager cool like Mr Game and Watch but instead they gave him that gyroid.

Yeah so he's cooler than Game and Watch.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Ragg posted:

"Me Gay Man" - Megaman.

i can re-check but i don't think is a quote from anywhere in the mega man canon? unless youre pulling it from the unreleased mega man legends 3 script?

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

Ragg posted:

"Me Gay Man" - Megaman.

lmfao

Dec 26, 2012

Ragg posted:

"Me Gay Man" - Megaman.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Ragg posted:

"Me Gay Man" - Megaman.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

zen death robot posted:

It looks legit to me

hell, I even remember him saying it!

Dec 26, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

i can re-check but i don't think is a quote from anywhere in the mega man canon? unless youre pulling it from the unreleased mega man legends 3 script?

he says it whenever you press down-b

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
the vilager and the game and watch are both Really Cool

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Ragg posted:

"Me Gay Man" - Megaman.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
I'm about halfway through Final Fantasy 8, but I'm still on a Final Fantasy kick, thanks to Theatrhythm Curtain Call. Say, does anyone want to buy me Final Fantasy 7 on Steam? My SteamID is http://www.steamcommunity.com/id/klungo420 . Thanks!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i always thought he and roll were a couple. deeply upset by this new development. once again the SJW agenda is ruining video games!

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

bonzibuddy64 posted:

I'm about halfway through Final Fantasy 8, but I'm still on a Final Fantasy kick, thanks to Theatrhythm Curtain Call. Say, does anyone want to buy me Final Fantasy 7 on Steam? My SteamID is http://www.steamcommunity.com/id/klungo420 . Thanks!

are you summoning GFs like a huge baby or just junctioning a good spell to STR-J and death to stat attack and holding the attack button?

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Bicyclops posted:

i always thought he and roll were a couple. deeply upset by this new development. once again the SJW agenda is ruining video games!

Roll is his sister you sick gently caress.

Dec 26, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

theyre brother/sister you weirdo

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Roll is a robot, they do not have family.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

this is the mega man legends roll. get your facts straight, shes not his sister.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Beef Waifu posted:

Roll is a robot, they do not have family.

protoman is his brother. but by that logic so was the robot masters in the first game.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

Bicyclops posted:

are you summoning GFs like a huge baby or just junctioning a good spell to STR-J and death to stat attack and holding the attack button?

Im doin a little bit of both, if i get a new GF i'll try em out to see what their attack looks like. I loved the minotaur brothers animation. Please buy me FF7 on Steam as i havent played through that either.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
In fact they don't even have genders, the MAN in Megaman is a catch all term for "Human" so it should actually be Mega Human or Rock Human. Megaman does not have the defining qualities of either gender nor does Roll.

Dec 26, 2012

Cyron posted:

protoman is his brother. but by that logic so was the robot masters in the first game.

yes, they were. now you understand megaman better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

poster entitlement

• Locked thread