Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AFoolAndHisMoney
Aug 13, 2013

SWAMP THING #37
Written by CHARLES SOULE
Art and cover by JESUS SAIZ
On sale DECEMBER 3 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T+
“The Machine Queen” part 3! Lines are drawn and strange allies are recruited as the Machine Queen assembles her army, while Anton Arcane and the Fungal Avatar take sides! Plus, Swamp Thing receives a dire visit from John Constantine!

Oh god yes Soule is writing Constantine again!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Teenage Fansub posted:

Neat December covers that aren't Darwyn variants
Klarion

Felipe Smith is siiiiiiiiiiick!

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Was Taters posted:

That lady is fully clothed.

Also, a spider.

Exactly like Bayonetta, then.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Ok, Future's End again is boring, Eternal is decent but is a bit jarring to see Steph (supposedly normal girl before everything started) pulling moves that would make Nightwing jealous.

Wonder Woman and Superman WW tell a single story that while interesting I kind of doubt will have any bearing on the main series, making it pointless, is a good read though. B&R was equally intrascendent as one shot but it introduced Duke as the new Robin, something that it would be interesting to see as long they bring back Damian first.

Pfeifer delivered a solid TT issue (unlike the regular series) and I enjoyted greatly his take on the Heretic, and if his Klarion is similar to the one starring the ongoing it should be a fun read. JL finished the story from JLU and while entertaining I didn't found it memorable.

Batwoman was a generic vampire/vampire hunter story, Pandora was way too convulted, Supergirl was terrible (now I'm dreading Bedard writing Jason next month :ohdear:). GL: NG was a interesting take on the White Lantern idea, I still hate the Kyle/Carol romance though and Multiversity, that I guess it was a masterpiece for Morrison's fans; it didn't do anything for me (Count Sinestro and Parallax were cool though)

And to nobody surprise, RHATO was my favorite comic this week, such a perfect take on Jason.

Teenage Fansub posted:

Neat December covers that aren't Darwyn variants

I'm really fond of RHATO's second annual cover

:haw:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Were you naughty? Were you nice?

doesn't matter you're still getting poo poo

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

[insert series name here] tell a single story that while interesting I kind of doubt will have any bearing on the main series, making it pointless, is a good read though.

Future's_End_tiein.txt right here.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

TwoPair posted:

Future's_End_tiein.txt right here.

I think he means into Futures End itself. Almost none of the one-shots I've read have really played into the series much (except maybe Action Comics and definitely the end of Green Arrow) but the WW & SM/WW pair is an extreme case. If you want to read a meditation into Wondey's role as God of War rather than worry about what she's doing during the events of FE, then this is the book. Soule even has Superman from one year into the future transport five years into the future for the story so that he doesn't have to deal with Futures End's actual Superman.

e: Although if we ever see Super Saiyan WW in Futures End, she came from this story.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Sep 18, 2014

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Teenage Fansub posted:

I think he means into Futures End itself. Almost none of the one-shots I've read have really played into the series much (except maybe Action Comics and definitely the end of Green Arrow) but the WW & SM/WW pair is an extreme case. If you want to read a meditation into Wondey's role as God of War rather than worry about what she's doing during the events of FE, then this is the book. Soule even has Superman from one year into the future transport five years into the future for the story so that he doesn't have to deal with Futures End's actual Superman.

That is to be expected as the return of Superman is going to be a huge part of the story. The only issues of Future End month are ones that are being written by the actual team, as they show hints of things to come.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

bobkatt013 posted:

That is to be expected as the return of Superman is going to be a huge part of the story. The only issues of Future End month are ones that are being written by the actual team, as they show hints of things to come.

It seems that if the story has bearing (or not) on the regular series falls on the creators' wishes. RHATO's more of an elseworld where the team broke out while also taking Jason off the table for Future's End.

Something I did note on the one shots is that very few reflect the status depicted on the weekly making very hard to believe all of them are happening on the same "universe".

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Something I did note on the one shots is that very few reflect the status depicted on the weekly making very hard to believe all of them are happening on the same "universe".

Fortunately, they're all happening in the same multiverse.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Hey. Is anyone on the new Teen Titans run? I picked up the two issues to read before the Futures End issue (reading that pretty much because it had Klarion on the team) and it was really pleasantly decent.
I hadn't ever actually tried an issue of Lobdell's TT, but I assume it vastly improved.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Teenage Fansub posted:

Hey. Is anyone on the new Teen Titans run? I picked up the two issues to read before the Futures End issue (reading that pretty much because it had Klarion on the team) and it was really pleasantly decent.
I hadn't ever actually tried an issue of Lobdell's TT, but I assume it vastly improved.

Lobdell run was filled with ediorial issues but Pfeifer managed to made the book even more dull and he assasinated Bunker's character making him an unsufferable whiny rear end in a top hat that comes off like being seriously deranged.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
While I agree with you about Bunker, you are giving way too much credit to Lobdell. His Teen Titans run was pretty awful for a number of reasons. It's really no surprise that, so far, there has been basically no mention of anything that has happened in it.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

lotus circle posted:

While I agree with you about Bunker, you are giving way too much credit to Lobdell. His Teen Titans run was pretty awful for a number of reasons. It's really no surprise that, so far, there has been basically no mention of anything that has happened in it.
He's a lobdell fanboy/apologist so I wouldn't pay much attention to him regarding anything DC related.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Why would you pay attention to Dark Titsanime regarding anything?

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
He apparently reads everything DC puts out regardless of quality, so he's kinda like a pull list reminder.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Wendell posted:

Technically, he was half-right. Teen Titans is still really bad. It's just that Lobdell wasn't good so it didn't get worse.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

lotus circle posted:

Well, there was lots of plot hooks that never went to nowhere and the book kept changing directions and themes abruptly, considering that Lobdell managed to be consistent on RHATO, Superboy and Superman I'm blaming editorial for that (plus he wrote a great TT when they guest starred on RHATO).

Funny thing about Pfeifer, I did enjoyed the Futures End one shot and I liked better his Heretic than Tomasi's

But my main gripe with him is the terrible job he did with Bunker, Bunker was a fun character that never lost hope or his optmismim, he wasn't defined by being gay and all around one of my favorite new characters on the N52. Then Pfeifer comes and makes him a broody, angsty whiny bitch that can't shut about being gay.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Funny. While I liked the first two issues, I hated that FE one.

Flameingblack posted:

He's a lobdell fanboy/apologist so I wouldn't pay much attention to him regarding anything DC related.

Wendell posted:

Please don't be assholes :)

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Sep 20, 2014

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Teenage Fansub posted:

Please don't be assholes :)

Nah.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Teenage Fansub posted:

Please don't be mean to shitposters

Nah.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
Am I the only one that like Wonder Woman and SM/WW (this week)? I thought the story was neat but still unfinished.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I appreciate that Soule used the opportunity to meditate on her and her role rather than just tell a crazy future story, but the execution was so off with the time travelling Superman and all that.
I quite like Rags Morales often, but the painted style they gave him really looked odd, and the SM/WW one was just gross.

He's the one discussing comics rather than making GBS threads on opinions :shrug:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Teenage Fansub posted:

I appreciate that Soule used the opportunity to meditate on her and her role rather than just tell a crazy future story, but the execution was so off with the time travelling Superman and all that.
I quite like Rags Morales often, but the painted style they gave him really looked odd, and the SM/WW one was just gross.

He's the one discussing comics rather than making GBS threads on opinions :shrug:

those opinions are poo poo enough to qualify

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Anyone who posts his Hentai filled Tumblr in his avatar, should have at the very least, a thick skin.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Rocksicles posted:

Anyone who posts his Hentai filled Tumblr in his avatar, should have at the very least, a thick skin.

No wonder he likes so many DC books, he's gone blind! :v:

AFoolAndHisMoney
Aug 13, 2013

I think Soule missed the point by making Wonder Woman a goddess of peace and acting like being the god of war was antithetical to the character when the whole appeal of God of War Wonder Woman is that whole duality of War aspect that makes it a really interesting concept.

Charles Soule is a really good writer but I don't think he's a good fit for Wonder Woman at all, she just comes across really stilted under him in a way she never does in Azzarello's run.

Kaptain K
Nov 2, 2007

I must admit, I am fond of you humans.

May you enjoy serendipity,

And may the Age of Fire perpetuate.
Can someone in this thread help me identify a DC animated film I saw some gifs of? It was the (I think, because Cyborg was there) New 52 JLA fighting against evil versions of themselves and it was really brutal and bloody and someone killed Billy Batson.

Wikipedia didn't help so someone tell me the name of this thing so I can watch/buy it.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

The Flashpoint Paradox. Everyone except Flash was an alternate version.

e: Justice League War is in the new universe. Maybe you saw a couple of gifs.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Sep 21, 2014

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Kaptain K posted:

Can someone in this thread help me identify a DC animated film I saw some gifs of? It was the (I think, because Cyborg was there) New 52 JLA fighting against evil versions of themselves and it was really brutal and bloody and someone killed Billy Batson.

Wikipedia didn't help so someone tell me the name of this thing so I can watch/buy it.

Flashpoint Paradox, but you misread some of the images. It's pre-New 52, and only Flash remains the same person throughout.

Kaptain K
Nov 2, 2007

I must admit, I am fond of you humans.

May you enjoy serendipity,

And may the Age of Fire perpetuate.

First Bass posted:

Flashpoint Paradox, but you misread some of the images. It's pre-New 52, and only Flash remains the same person throughout.

Teenage Fansub posted:

The Flashpoint Paradox. Everyone except Flash was an alternate version.

e: Justice League War is in the new universe. Maybe you saw a couple of gifs.

Literally like 2 minutes after I posted this I went over Wikipedia and youtube a second time and realized this is the case and 90% of what I assumed based on the gifs was incorrect.

What a great movie though I just finished it.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Kaptain K posted:

Literally like 2 minutes after I posted this I went over Wikipedia and youtube a second time and realized this is the case and 90% of what I assumed based on the gifs was incorrect.

What a great movie though I just finished it.

There's some stiff dialogue, nearly all of the voice work turned out after Barry travels back is worse than the great if token performances in the movie's opening (especially Justin Chambers/Flash, drat was that some uninspired acting), and the character designs are almost without exception hot garbage.

e: I still enjoy it, but in spite of quite a bit.

Four Score fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Sep 22, 2014

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
The issue of Booster Gold this week was poo poo. It's just Booster getting shafted around every two pages into a different time and not really knowing what's going on. Maybe it would have made more sense if I had been reading Future's End but it felt like an issue leading up to a climax of an uninteresting series.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Superman Doomed #2, page #41.

;)

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
Didio is so sick of getting asked when they'll bring the pre-52 universe back that he's going to destroy the whole thing and be done with it.

The multiverse has only ever existed since 52 to show how badass the new Villain of the month is when he destroys an entire planet.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Or they're bringing it back in time with Multiversity. Let's try and be a little optimistic about this.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Die Laughing posted:

Or they're bringing it back in time with Multiversity. Let's try and be a little optimistic about this.

Morrison will bring it back and it will be promptly ignored by everyone else.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Die Laughing posted:

Is more likely that they're bringin it back for the "Blood Moon" thing that will run during DC's moving on April and May 2015.

Booster Gold was pretty entertaining by the way.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Is more likely that they're bringin it back for the "Blood Moon" thing that will run during DC's moving on April and May 2015.

Booster Gold was pretty entertaining by the way.

This confirms my suspicion that it was terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Catwoman was entertaining but it had NOTHING to do with the solicit or the cover, Red Lanters and Sinestro were utterly fanastic although I got a little pissed off at the way the Black and White rings are being used as deus ex machinas nowadays.

Aquaman and the others was pretty mediocre for a two issue story but decent on its own, Superman was a great issue despite Lois coming off a bit like a jerk, JLD was poo poo. Flash is weird, if is a regular issue it was decent and Walter wasn't a little poo poo for once if is another what if, then was poo poo.

Harley Quinn was really stupid but I guess it was fine for what it is, Eternal keeps being mediocre with the only highlight being Jason and Tim banter, Future's End finally made the Cadmus plotline worth it but it leave me a bit confused with Red Arrow's story.

Doomed got a really dissapointing ending that reeks of rewrites since it lacked a clear resolution and omitted things mentioned on interviews before like Starfire involvement.

And Booster Gold was a nice sneak preview issue.

• Locked thread