Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

I spend a lot of time making posts to justify why I'm not a self centered shithead that just wants to act like COVID isn't a thing.
I got Breach & Clear in the sale today and it was fun. It's like a Frozen Synapse total conversion mod to the modern day, but it has plenty of original content (now, expanded since most reviews came out) and the combat is exciting and tense. If you're a Rainbow Six or Frozen Synapse fan, I really recommend checking B&C out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.

kater posted:

Why would they make a GoT RTS game? What would that even be?

I believe (but could be totally making up that) it was based on some existing real-life Game of Thrones board game, and has a heavy focus on subterfuge and deception. Inexplicably it was turned into a Real Time Strategy game because you know, that's been the logic ever since the pen and paper (and obviously turn based) RPGs like Baldur's Gate, Ravenloft etc were turned into real time games, so I don't claim to understand this abhorrence towards turn based stuff.

Also, it's Cyanide Studios, and while I actually like what they do, they did follow this exact same logic with making a real time option in the PC incarnation of the turn based Blood Bowl game, and again with Contagion. So I guess it's their way of doing things.

Personally I actually enjoy the small amount I've played of it, but that could simply be because I've only played a small amount.

Ah Map posted:

Anybody played meridian new world?

Yes. I won't ever again. Also, there is a demo.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

gohuskies posted:

I got Breach & Clear in the sale today and it was fun. It's like a Frozen Synapse total conversion mod to the modern day, but it has plenty of original content (now, expanded since most reviews came out) and the combat is exciting and tense. If you're a Rainbow Six or Frozen Synapse fan, I really recommend checking B&C out.

How is the Android version?

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Thanks a lot to Dementropy for The Room. It's a super cool game that anybody who likes puzzles will dig.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
Does it follow the same plot as the smash-hit movie? :allears:

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I guess I shouldn't be surprised it looks better than the mobile version, but holy poo poo.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

kater posted:

I guess I shouldn't be surprised it looks better than the mobile version, but holy poo poo.
They have some comparison screenshots on the Steam page and it's a pretty substantial graphical upgrade.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."
The Room is a short game, about 2 hours long, but it definitely leaves a positive impression. And the screenshots don't do the game justice, believe it or not. The game is really gorgeous.

I hope they bring the second game over to PC 'cause they already sold me on it.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Palpek posted:

They have some comparison screenshots on the Steam page and it's a pretty substantial graphical upgrade.

Yeah, Jesus. I played it on my Nexus 4 and thought it looked fantastic but good Christ that's a PC port and a half.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Arnold of Soissons posted:

You would think drag and drop compatibility with old campaigns would be something they would have mentioned or promoted.

They're untested, and the new engine makes some pretty sweeping changes to game balance (whoo, boy, is cover ever important this time round), so there's every chance that something could be rendered uncompletable or otherwise broken. It's good that you can just move the stuff over with minimal fuss if you're willing to take that risk.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Ghostlight posted:

Yeah, part of the reason I love Steam is because it means I don't have to deal with bullshit 1980s economy video game prices of ~$90US on every single AAA release unless the publisher remembers New Zealand exists and shoves it in the Australia bin.

I can't help but hope the reason it's delayed is because the SteamWorks devs are dragging their feet over AUD/NZD currency on purpose.

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!
I'm hyped, y'all. Outland is coming to Steam.

http://www.housemarqueblog.com/outland/outland-housemarques-award-winning-platformer-coming-steam-sept-29th/2014/09/19/

It was a fun, responsive Metroidvania - lite with an extra bullet hell style system for obstacles, where you switched colors to be either weak or invulnerable to the projectiles, Ikaruga style. It was really fun and had nice music but I kind of gave up on it ever being released for PC.

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I can't help but hope the reason it's delayed is because the SteamWorks devs are dragging their feet over AUD/NZD currency on purpose.

Apparently, a whole pile of developers forgot to set Yen prices prior to the launch of that currency on the store, so when the switch was flicked, a whole pile of stuff became unavailable to the Japanese.

This included Portal 2 and the Greenlight Entry Fee. :cripes:

So yeah, if they repeat that for the AUS$/NZ$ launches, there's going to be hell to pay.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Mung Dynasty posted:

I'm hyped, y'all. Outland is coming to Steam.

http://www.housemarqueblog.com/outland/outland-housemarques-award-winning-platformer-coming-steam-sept-29th/2014/09/19/

It was a fun, responsive Metroidvania - lite with an extra bullet hell style system for obstacles, where you switched colors to be either weak or invulnerable to the projectiles, Ikaruga style. It was really fun and had nice music but I kind of gave up on it ever being released for PC.

I played it thanks to PS+ some time ago, it is a nice game, but there is already Guacamelee! on PC and that game borrowed the mechanic from Outland to great success.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

The MSJ posted:

How is the Android version?
Breach and Clear came out on Android before PC. Also it's one of my favorite tablet games. It runs well on my Nexus 7 and I like that the missions are short enough that I can play one or two on my lunch break. The touchscreen controls work just fine and I honestly don't have a lot of complaints about the game as a whole. Also on Android it was like a dollar or two when it first came out.

Desdinova
Dec 16, 2004
I had to be on my toes, like a midget at a urinal!
Copy of Harvester if anyone wants:

RHWCH-EB300-A2ZDV

yung lambic
Dec 16, 2011

Desdinova posted:

RHWCH-EB300-A2ZDV

Claimed. Thank you.

Some classic looking FMV hell here. I played Phantasmagoria as a kid, and that frightened the life out of me. Bet it looks camp as all hell now...

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

^^^ :mad:

Desdinova posted:

RHWCH-EB300-A2ZDV

Dammit, someone already got it :( I was gonna quote the Mystery of Charity and everything

yung lambic
Dec 16, 2011

Sorry mate. First time I've managed to grab one of those.

How easy is it to die/hit dead ends in this game?

The Monarch
Jul 8, 2006

The Kins posted:

From the ever-leaky Steamworks dev group: Apparently the introduction of the Australian and New Zealand Dollars to Steam have been delayed to next year. The Canadian Dollar, Norwegian Krone, South Korean Won, Turkish Lira and Mexican Peso are supposedly still on track for "late-October".

So about one more month until Steam is hosed forever in Canada...

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Convexed posted:

It's okay I'm just being a big wasp-filled baby

Harvester plays by mid-90s adventure game rules. Expect a few one pixel item hunts and some weird leaps in logic. Getting killed is another matter and comes up more in the later areas of the game, but until that point you can still die if you mess around too much or behave... disobediently.

Basically, with Harvester, there's no shame in checking a walkthrough.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Convexed posted:

You can pick fights with people and find out or you can check the LP.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
Hey guys remember Sleepy Dogs?

Well, news of Sleepy Dogs 2 will be coming out on Monday!

It's going to be a F2P online only PC game published by Nexon. Take guesses as to what that means.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/sleeping-dogs-dev-reveals-its-next-game-triad-wars/1100-6422454/

Orv
May 4, 2011

Rookersh posted:

It's going to be a F2P online only PC game published by Nexon. Take guesses as to what that means.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/sleeping-dogs-dev-reveals-its-next-game-triad-wars/1100-6422454/

Maybe someone with make an APB that isn't poo poo!

:suicide:

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Idlemaster is asking for the steam community sessionid cookie, which means less than nothing to me. How do I find it, how do I get the info idlemaster needs when I do?

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

Xander77 posted:

Idlemaster is asking for the steam community sessionid cookie, which means less than nothing to me. How do I find it, how do I get the info idlemaster needs when I do?

This youtube tutorial on how to set up Idlemaster the first time is pretty helpful.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WC1S5dgyTdw

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Xander77 posted:

It tells you how in the Setup-Instructions.pdf in the Documentation folder and has legitimately helpful pictures and everything.

The chrome instructions are pretty much the same as for Firefox.

yung lambic
Dec 16, 2011

Rookersh posted:

This is pretty sweet news. I'd like to play an MMO that's both good and isn't fantasy. Shenmue Online?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Xander77 posted:

It comes with folder full of docs that have detailed instructions on how to go get that and where to put it in, FYI.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Lemon Curdistan posted:

It comes with folder full of docs that have detailed instructions on how to go get that and where to put it in, FYI.
Thanks.

tehsid
Dec 24, 2007

Nobility is sadly overrated.
Guys.. GUYS.

Life is Feudal isn't awful.

Its not worth $39.99 USD in its current state, its very early access. But its a no low fantasy Rust-like survival game, and its already fun.
If you're insane like me, and have cash to burn, give it a go. If you're even remotely likely to regret buying an Early Access game at that, or any price, don't touch it.

But for those of you who do, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Blattdorf posted:

The Room is a short game, about 2 hours long, but it definitely leaves a positive impression. And the screenshots don't do the game justice, believe it or not. The game is really gorgeous.

I'm not that big a fan of the second one. They go from one really intricate puzzle box to lots of not-so-intricate ones in the same room that you go back and forth between and it's less interesting as a result. A good deal of it is "I hope you noticed this little glimmer on the back of the puzzle just out of sight" too. The actual puzzles are the same and still good, but it loses a lot as a result.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
If anyone would like to roll in a Gauntlet 4-pack let me know. Need three others. Price is $15 each.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Rookersh posted:

Wow, that's awful news.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Blattdorf posted:

The developers seem like cool dudes as well. From the Giant Bomb interview:

quote:

The one thing that we did do was make sure it was brilliant for the platform, which is just your loving job if you’re a developer. We would never design a game for a mobile platform that didn't really suit the mobile platform. That’s just loving stupid. We just thought to ourselves, “instead of making what we're supposed to make--you know, these stupid, twee, cartoony, dumbass games that have no depth--we wanted to bring all the same values with the stuff we've created for console and PC that we did for years.

They made a mobile game, but they're PC guys first and foremost and understand the reservations that people have about mobile ports.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

tehsid posted:

Guys.. GUYS.

Life is Feudal isn't awful.

Its not worth $39.99 USD in its current state, its very early access. But its a no low fantasy Rust-like survival game, and its already fun.
If you're insane like me, and have cash to burn, give it a go. If you're even remotely likely to regret buying an Early Access game at that, or any price, don't touch it.

But for those of you who do, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Game does look good but from what I see you need a lot of time to play it. Is that true? Also, how is the combat? Looks like chivalry type combat.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Rookersh posted:

This sounds awful and the only way I would even be convinced is if they did a near 1:1 recreation of Hong Kong, NT, Kowloon and all.

Which means I'll probably hate it.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Wanna remind people that some cool games are still available in cheap bundles on Bundle Stars.

Hard Reset, Zeno Clash II, and the Tropico Trilogy can be had for $2.99 in this bundle: http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/reboot-bundle-4/

Two Worlds, Two Worlds II, and Septerra Core can be had for $4.99 in this bundle: http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/rpg-champions-bundle/

System Shock II, Wizardry 6+7+8, Harvester, I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream, Shadow Man, and 7th Guest in a $5.99 bundle: http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/night-dive-bundle/

The entire FEAR trilogy and its DLC are available for $7.99 here: http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/fear-bundle/

tehsid
Dec 24, 2007

Nobility is sadly overrated.

Harminoff posted:

Game does look good but from what I see you need a lot of time to play it. Is that true? Also, how is the combat? Looks like chivalry type combat.

I haven't spent ages in the game yet, but I can see it needing a bit of time dedicated to it, but you can log out and your character is safe and saved to the server. You NEED to be playing with people though. I mean, you could probably survive on your own, but it would be tough... and that's exactly what I plan on doing in my first play just to see HOW hard it is.

No idea on the combat yet, so I won't comment on that, but the survival elements alone seem like enough for me at this stage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I think everyone who works at Ghostlight has been hiding under their desks for the majority of the week. The pre-order bonuses still are not up, and no patches have been released to fix people crashing randomly. Even discounting all the impossible to replicate in-combat crashes, they could at least do an actual fix so you could change the screen resolution/toggle fullscreen without it making GBS threads itself.

They've gone pretty silent on the Steam forum, too. There's a poster off in the Neogaf thread, but the most he seems to be able to do is tell 'the team' whenever something catastrophic happens. Like the update that erased everything without anyone at Ghostlight noticing. :v:

What's Steam's policy re: refunds? The game's unplayable and the devs refuse to do anything about that or the missing soundtrack/art book. If nothing else, it's taught me an important lesson about checking devs' credentials before going 'ooh, dungeon crawler' and buying before it's out. Been awhile since I've seen a release that's been ballsed-up like this one has.

• Locked thread