Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dove from Above
Apr 16, 2007

Snowy! Have you thought about psittacosis?

Pookah posted:

I'm just going to curl up and die from too much adorability today:

There's a THIRD baby elephant in Dublin Zoo today - a little girl this time :kimchi:

http://thedailyedge.thejournal.ie/dublin-zoo-elephant-calf-1679118-Sep2014/

Edit: Liveweb cam - at least one of the babies is visible right now: http://www.dublinzoo.ie/18/elephants.aspx

They've got some HORNY and FERTILE elephants at Dublin Zoo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAoiVTBmKAc

Man, who knew adding sound to GIFs could be so much fun?

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

I'm not a huge dog person but older mutts with white muzzles are one of my favorite things. :3: I want to hug them and give them treats.

NarkyBark
Dec 7, 2003

one funky chicken

Bertrand Hustle posted:

I stopped and reached into the box I was carrying and tore a small chunk off my pizza crust and the squirrel leapt off the bench and ran right up to me, stopping only a few inches from my foot. I dropped the crumb and he grabbed it and started nibbling away. City squirrels are totally not afraid of people at all and he probably would've taken it right out of my hand if I let him.

I sit in that place all the time and feed the squirrels. They will absolutely eat out of your hand. You do need to watch out since they have very sharp claws and can scratch when they grab for food. 90% of them are gentle and won't, but you'll occasionally get that one who just has to have that peanut. (And I do like giving them peanuts in shells, I like watching them tear it open. Or they'll just run off, bury it, and come back for more.)

Yoshi Jjang
Oct 5, 2011

renard renard renarnd renrard

renard

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

The newest Metal Gear game lets you have a doggie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_beFKVDEi44
and he even gets an eyepatch and everything.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

The newest Metal Gear game lets you have a doggie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_beFKVDEi44
and he even gets an eyepatch and everything.

More games need dog buddies, it immediately increases a game's value tenfold.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
This about sums up my feelings on the matter.
(actually, I'm more of a Big Boss Butt person)

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

More games need dog buddies, it immediately increases a game's value tenfold.
Unless they die. In which case, gently caress you. :qq:
From Fallout 3

You saved a dog
"You can't come with me. I have a really dangerous job. Besides, I only have enough food for me."

kinmik has a new favorite as of 06:10 on Sep 21, 2014

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

feedmyleg posted:

Enough of this puppy bullshit, I want some old, dusty dogs

Aww yea stand tall

Take a rest buddy you deserve it

Those are some comfy-rear end dogs right there.

Old dogs rule, especially the big droopy-jowl ones :3:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Yea I never take animal companions with me if they can perma-die, it would break my heart, I just got dogmeat and left him at the house all the time. Though after broken steel his stats like quadrupled and he could face tank deathclaws and take like 8 nukes and not even be at half health.

The only exception is MMO's where its part of the class and the classes I always gravitate to, both my pets in Guild Wars 2 are named after 2 of my cats that passed away. :unsmith:

On that note, he's a touching article on how developers immortalized fans and employees in various MMO's, you might recognize one of folks immortalized.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/09/05/the-people-who-live-forever-in-the-games-they-loved

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

It's like babby has hair plugs :allears:

KIT HAGS
Jun 5, 2007
Stay sweet

Alteisen posted:

Yea I never take animal companions with me if they can perma-die, it would break my heart, I just got dogmeat and left him at the house all the time. Though after broken steel his stats like quadrupled and he could face tank deathclaws and take like 8 nukes and not even be at half health.

The only exception is MMO's where its part of the class and the classes I always gravitate to, both my pets in Guild Wars 2 are named after 2 of my cats that passed away. :unsmith:

On that note, he's a touching article on how developers immortalized fans and employees in various MMO's, you might recognize one of folks immortalized.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/09/05/the-people-who-live-forever-in-the-games-they-loved

I did the same thing. For one of the add ons though, there's a perk you can get that makes it so that if Dogmeat dies, another one is waiting for you. It's called "Puppies!"

Dove from Above
Apr 16, 2007

Snowy! Have you thought about psittacosis?

Gorilla Salad posted:

It's like babby has hair plugs :allears:

Why is a melanistic baby elephant just hanging out with a dog at the park? WHERE IS THIS PARK HOW DO I GET TO IT?

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
I find the sort of sexist character design in MGS really odd since it's very clear it's heavily influenced by Larry Hama's old GI Joe comic series. If you knowledge of GI Joe comes from the cartoon and toy line, the comic books were a very different animal. Larry really shared Kojimas love of juxtaposing super serious gritty ten seconds into the future military (he had served in the military and had various training) and goofy ninjas and overly melodramatic entry level psychology. But the one thing that the designers for GI Joe did really well was female characters. The three biggest characters (Scarlet/Jinx/Lady J) are all extremely competent military figures with tons of martial arts training and important skills. J is a commando stealth expert, Scarlet is a badass with ninja training who fights with tactics and Jinx is the heir to a clan of brutal ninja assassins (the same ones that trained Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow). Also they all wear totally non-cheesecake outfits.

Vorpal Cat
Mar 19, 2009

Oh god what did I just post?

El Estrago Bonito posted:

I find the sort of sexist character design in MGS really odd since it's very clear it's heavily influenced by Larry Hama's old GI Joe comic series. If you knowledge of GI Joe comes from the cartoon and toy line, the comic books were a very different animal. Larry really shared Kojimas love of juxtaposing super serious gritty ten seconds into the future military (he had served in the military and had various training) and goofy ninjas and overly melodramatic entry level psychology. But the one thing that the designers for GI Joe did really well was female characters. The three biggest characters (Scarlet/Jinx/Lady J) are all extremely competent military figures with tons of martial arts training and important skills. J is a commando stealth expert, Scarlet is a badass with ninja training who fights with tactics and Jinx is the heir to a clan of brutal ninja assassins (the same ones that trained Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow). Also they all wear totally non-cheesecake outfits.

Good points, good points, but on the other hand Japan :japan:.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

El Estrago Bonito posted:

MGS gets the tiniest bit of a pass from me because they tend to treat the male characters in a similar vein with gratuitous nude shots or silly outfits, and the series has some really strong female characters. It still has the same standard sexist tropes but it...sort of tries to subvert them? A little bit?

Lethemonster
Aug 5, 2009

I was hiding under your bench because I don't want to work out

Safari Disco Lion posted:

MGS gets the tiniest bit of a pass from me because they tend to treat the male characters in a similar vein with gratuitous nude shots or silly outfits, and the series has some really strong female characters. It still has the same standard sexist tropes but it...sort of tries to subvert them? A little bit?

MGS 4 had the camera staring up a woman's legs with her outfit showing the outlines of her vulva while she explained she had been traumatized by war and accidentally suffocated her brother to death while trying to hide from enemy soldiers as a child and things like that. Enjoy the game all you want, but Raiden having big butt shots doesn't really make up for them filming models naked to mo-cap the expression of their girly bits as they explain their PTSD and all the 'good' women characters constantly having their boobs out.

Produce a game where Snake explains how he's been traumatized by war while we inspect his testicles through his latex trousers is what I'm saying.

A game where you had to train up an adorable puppy to be your spying buddy would be amazing though. He could have his own tiny card board box and everything.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
On the other hand, Snake has a pretty skin-tight suit. But, why do they have to show an upskirt of a woman when she's talking about PTSD? Would they be afraid of men getting bored?

On the other hand: DOGGIE!!

Vorpal Cat
Mar 19, 2009

Lethemonster posted:

Produce a game where Snake explains how he's been traumatized by war while we inspect his testicles through his latex trousers is what I'm saying.

Or you could produce a game that dosn't sexualize the mental trauma if either gender because its creepy and weird either way. Its just worse with women because its so much more common and men generally don't have to deal with being objectified in thier everyday life.

But yea, puppies are adorable and video games could really stand to have more cute animals and less T&A.

Edit: cute baby animal pic go's here as soon as I'm not phone posting.

Vorpal Cat has a new favorite as of 19:41 on Sep 21, 2014

Lethemonster
Aug 5, 2009

I was hiding under your bench because I don't want to work out

Vorpal Cat posted:

Or you could produce a game that dosn't sexualize the mental trauma if either gender because its creepy and weird either way. Its just worse with women because its so much more common and men generally don't have to deal with being objectified in thier everyday life.

But yea, puppies are adorable and video games could really stand to have more cute animals and less T&A.

Edit: cute baby animal pic go's here as soon as I'm not phone posting.

I was being silly, I don't want anyone waving their bits at me in a computer game - traumatized or not.

I get really worried the moment I see a dog in either film or game, because I become attached immediately and terrified they are going to die in the story.

I recently saw a video of a grumpy looking shiba inu doing aerobics wearing sweatbands. I've tried recent pages but can't find it here, or when I try googling about. Does anyone know the video I'm talking of or have I gone mental?

In return here is Cookie the baby penguin who apparently has a condition called 'bumble foot'. The cutest condition?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wTWWjYTe1I

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I can't believe a video about Big Boss getting a cute wolf cub, later a bad-rear end wolf with an eyepatch turned into this crap. Leave it to goons. :ughh:

Post some cute videos or pics, there's plenty of threads on games you can discuss this. Don't poo poo up this one please.

http://blog.theanimalrescuesite.com/most-patient-cat/?utm_source=jg&utm_medium=fb&utm_term=20140921&utm_campaign=most-patient-cat
http://blog.theanimalrescuesite.com/crawlingdog/?utm_source=jg&utm_medium=fb&utm_term=20140920&utm_campaign=crawlingdog
http://blog.theanimalrescuesite.com...ington-mudslide

Animal rescue, baby with dog and a very patient kitty to get the ball rolling.

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
I wonder what will happen when that puppy meets another cat and tries to play with it.

Vorpal Cat
Mar 19, 2009

Lethemonster posted:

I was being silly, I don't want anyone waving their bits at me in a computer game - traumatized or not.

Sorry, I knew you weren't serious. I was just venting about the general sentiment that sexism is somehow ok if you do it to both genders that I see far too often when people try to bring up the treatment of women in games.

But that's more than enough of this derail.

Titty Warlord
Apr 28, 2013

Lethemonster posted:

MGS 4 had the camera staring up a woman's legs with her outfit showing the outlines of her vulva while she explained she had been traumatized by war and accidentally suffocated her brother to death while trying to hide from enemy soldiers as a child and things like that. Enjoy the game all you want, but Raiden having big butt shots doesn't really make up for them filming models naked to mo-cap the expression of their girly bits as they explain their PTSD and all the 'good' women characters constantly having their boobs out.

A game where you had to train up an adorable puppy to be your spying buddy would be amazing though. He could have his own tiny card board box and everything.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
To make up for my stupid derail, here's a bear.

Bears is actually cats. :3:

Autodrop Monteur
Nov 14, 2011

't zou verboden moeten worden!
Jumping spiders are pretty cute on their own already, but it seems they wear water droplets as hats, making them even cuter :3

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Here are some random cute cats.

Cymoril
Jul 1, 2005

Kittens Warm the World
Dinosaur Gum
Say hello to Taschy.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Cymoril posted:

Say hello to Taschy.

Hello Taschy, what's your story?

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Kavak posted:

He's a cat. He's severely disappointed in everything.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.

Cythereal posted:

Here are some random cute cats.

I can get with this.

Dunno about him.

Cymoril
Jul 1, 2005

Kittens Warm the World
Dinosaur Gum

Kavak posted:

She and a large number of other cats were rescued when a building downtown was being demolished. She spent most of her life as a stray and it took a very long time for her to relax. She's still very skittish but has become a lovable little kitty. She enjoys flinging toy mice into the litter and her water dish, and buttsnuggling with her best cat friend, Kura.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

kinmik posted:

I can get with this.

Dunno about him.

I have more.

Cichlid the Loach
Oct 22, 2006

Brave heart, Doctor.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPacn0DeBUk

3-week-old cheetah sisters!

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

kinmik posted:

Dunno about him.

I love how the dog looks so pleased to be there, and the cat is just:
:what: We done here?

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
Cats are so adorable at the larval stage :3:

ToastFaceKillah
Dec 25, 2010

every day could be your last
in the jungle
So, Friday night, my mom called me. Someone threw a kitten over her fence, and she had no idea what to do. In the space of a weekend, she has gone from "help me find this guy a home", to "everybody look at my new kitten!"

His name is now Ragnar Lodbrok, and he owns the place already.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

ToastFaceKillah posted:

So, Friday night, my mom called me. Someone threw a kitten over her fence, and she had no idea what to do. In the space of a weekend, she has gone from "help me find this guy a home", to "everybody look at my new kitten!"

Congratulations. You have borne witness to how cats domesticated mankind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_0btuRhxnQ

Donkey and kitten are friends. :3:

• Locked thread