Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

E the Shaggy posted:

A Spider Woman book with Bendis and Maleev couldn't prop up the character. Is it Hopeless' job to pump out doomed series for Marvel?

It's always nice when a writer's name and job description match up perfectly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
His Marvel stuff may be a mess, but The Answer is a lot of fun, and I remember liking Gearhead way back when. Even Cable and X-Force had its moments. Never read his Legion of Monsters mini from a few years ago, though.

Maybe if he was given a book where the assignment wasn't so clearly "find a team of warm bodies to pump out a bottom-rung Avengers/X-Men/Spider-Man book", he'd do better.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

So the Disney Spider-Man cartoon is going to be doing its own Spider-Verse. Miles Morales will be a part of it and he's being voiced by Donald Glover.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

That's cool Glover is being cast. His voice acting work for Community's gimmick episodes didn't floor me, but they weren't bad either. But the larger problem is USM is still a horrible show no matter who they cast.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Well get ready because his voice acting work has not improved in the slightest since!
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=55086

Love the dude, but that is not very good.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Man everything Spider-Verse not Slott related looks AMAZING.

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

The new issue of Amazing feels like reading one long TV commercial featuring a bumbling, clueless white dad and his hip and happening daughter for some reason.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

This just seems so loving weird. I mean JMS wrote Spidey as being nervous to introduce MJ to Captain America. Now Peter is just making out with Silk every change he gets, even in front of the woman who is supposed to publicly be his actual girlfriend.

On the plus side, Edge of Spider-Verse 1930s style was pretty cool.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

notthegoatseguy posted:

This just seems so loving weird. I mean JMS wrote Spidey as being nervous to introduce MJ to Captain America. Now Peter is just making out with Silk every change he gets, even in front of the woman who is supposed to publicly be his actual girlfriend.

On the plus side, Edge of Spider-Verse 1930s style was pretty cool.
That's because Dan Slott lives out his fantasies through Spider-Man so everything comes off as cringeworthy as hell.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

You know I really liked the spidey black cat dynamic and I'm sad that it's gonna be gone until slott finally leaves the book.

This whole thing is just so completely out of left field .

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Well get ready because his voice acting work has not improved in the slightest since!
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=55086

Love the dude, but that is not very good.

To be fair the garbage voice directing of USM strangles the talent out of everyone.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Blockhouse posted:

To be fair the garbage voice directing of USM strangles the talent out of everyone.

I think the direction is "Just talk into the microphone and who cares? We'll be making a toy out of it anyway".

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
That's not fair I'm sure there also lots of "No you can't do another take time is money"

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008
The good news: For one issue more, we get to avoid the prospect of Kamala Khan as drawn by Humberto Ramos. The bad news: It's still a Dan Slott-written Peter. Either way, here's an unlettered look at Amazing Spider-Man #7.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Chortles posted:

Kamala Khan as drawn by Humberto Ramos.

Oh god I hadn't thought about that but now I am and whyyyyy

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I really wish Dan Slott would get off the book because I miss reading Spider-Man. This Spider-Verse stuff is at least giving me some side books to read, but I miss the main book and it's all actually just making me bummed.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

TheJoker138 posted:

I really wish Dan Slott would get off the book because I miss reading Spider-Man. This Spider-Verse stuff is at least giving me some side books to read, but I miss the main book and it's all actually just making me bummed.

I'll admit I don't hate Dan Slott, but I have no interest in reading the main book either. I sure hope Spider-Man and the X-Men is good!

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
Edge of Spider-Verse #2 this weeek!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Hakkesshu posted:

I'll admit I don't hate Dan Slott, but I have no interest in reading the main book either. I sure hope Spider-Man and the X-Men is good!

Slott called Ms Marvel the next Spider-Man, so I gotta give him some credit for that, and this next issue will be the first one I buy since he started his solo run. Kinda pumped about Spiderverse.

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free

Senor Candle posted:

Edge of Spider-Verse #2 this weeek!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Starring Spider-Gwen!

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

At least the Gage co-writing credit either means the script will read a bit better or it'll have a kickass Gage backup story.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

I posted up a mini review of the Spider-Verse episodes over on the Comic Book Animation Thread. I don't know if I can post it here since this seems to be about the comics so..

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3455166&pagenumber=103#post435025632

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I agree with pretty much everything in that post.

In good Spider-verse news tho, the Spider-Gwen issue was even more amazing than I could've hoped.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I agree with pretty much everything in that post.

In good Spider-verse news tho, the Spider-Gwen issue was even more amazing than I could've hoped.
It made me want an on-going out of continuity wrote by the author or Brian Lee O'Mally (Scott Pilgrim). It was so different that other comics, it would be a great comic to draw girls in too. The art was great, everything was great.

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
I did chuckle at Spider-Man Noir pulling out the pistol.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Someone recorded the MaryJanes song from the Spider-Gwen issue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xo1AO8WHUlM

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Dacap posted:

Someone recorded the MaryJanes song from the Spider-Gwen issue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xo1AO8WHUlM
That's what I thought it would sound like too, the comic had a bit of a Scott Pilgrim feel to it, I hope this gets an ongoing.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
Will the world ever be ready for a Spider-Gwen movie?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

First Bass posted:

Will the world ever be ready for a Spider-Gwen movie?
If Marvel could somehow retain the rights to Gwen Stacy and give the rights to Edgar Wright a Marvel-produced Spider-Gwen movie would be amazing :allears:

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Flameingblack posted:

If Marvel could somehow retain the rights to Gwen Stacy and give the rights to Edgar Wright a Marvel-produced Spider-Gwen movie would be amazing :allears:

Because I'm sure Edgar Wright would be ecstatic to work with Marvel again after his last project went so swimmingly.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

RevKrule posted:

Because I'm sure Edgar Wright would be ecstatic to work with Marvel again after his last project went so swimmingly.
Hadn't heard the news that he dropped out, which is such a loving shame. I would have trusted him to make Ant Man fantastic, he's got so many cult favorites and if anyone could have done well with Ant Man it was him.

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

When SEO just isn't enough.

Flameingblack posted:

Hadn't heard the news that he dropped out, which is such a loving shame. I would have trusted him to make Ant Man fantastic, he's got so many cult favorites and if anyone could have done well with Ant Man it was him.

Does anyone know what happened between them?

Spider-Gwen is the best thing to happen to Spider-Man since (...?). Watch it disappear quickly when she sacrifices her like to save 616 Peter because he is the "true" Spider-Man or something.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Spider-Gwen has way too much positive response to be disposed of. Marvel will find some way to feature her more.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Codependent Poster posted:

Spider-Gwen has way too much positive response to be disposed of. Marvel will find some way to feature her more.
A new on-going featuring Dan Slott. Alternatively, we must make this depressing in every way possible right away, so they kill off Captain Stacy right away because teenage girls aren't allowed to be happy forever in comicbooks.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

The only way Spider-Gwen could properly exist as an ongoing would be in a MC2 style world where it's the only book, which isn't going to happen.

PoshAlligator posted:

Does anyone know what happened between them?

Spider-Gwen is the best thing to happen to Spider-Man since (...?). Watch it disappear quickly when she sacrifices her like to save 616 Peter because he is the "true" Spider-Man or something.

Wright spent ten years working on an Ant Man film which was to be a stand alone fun adventure. Marvel kept ripping up his scripts telling him to incorporate more SHIELD and "cross universe" stuff. Eventually after telling him they were just going to redo his entire script Wright and a bunch of cast and crew walked.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Codependent Poster posted:

They will pull a spiderman 2099 and completely dump everything that makes her interesting.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I'd be fine with the occasional miniseries or one-shot. Maybe make a point of sticking her in when they do multiverse stuff.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Serious Frolicking posted:

I'd be fine with the occasional miniseries or one-shot. Maybe make a point of sticking her in when they do multiverse stuff.

Spider-Gwen 4 Spider-Men

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Serious Frolicking posted:

You can fall into the problem where her schtick becomes her traveling between dimensions as opposed to what people are reacting positively to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

The funny thing is that DC could have easily done the same loving thing with Batgirl in the new 52. Though Batgirl would have a better relationship with the police.

• Locked thread