Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Finally beat that encounter and the rest of the quest, then it shoved me in the swamp in front of a pack of those slug guys that explode, without healing me. Cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section 31
Mar 4, 2012

Roshnak posted:

The answer to both these questions is no.

Quest spoilers for the first question: Biggerhorn is a dude you have to mention to the ghost in order to trick him.
Thanks.

Also, what happen if you spend talent points on two adrenaline rush skills? For example on Heliotrope sign and combat acumen? Is one of the skills randomly get activated if you press the X button, or is it pointless to spend on two?

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Section 31 posted:

Thanks.

Also, what happen if you spend talent points on two adrenaline rush skills? For example on Heliotrope sign and combat acumen? Is one of the skills randomly get activated if you press the X button, or is it pointless to spend on two?
Both activate at the same time.

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE
They activate at the same time and it's the best thing.

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Ah, the simple joys of a monkey knife-fight.
Grimey Drawer
Goddamn the Operator fight on Dark difficulty. I love this game, but it's mechanics are just not up to the task for a fight designed like this. I might even be able to handle the one-shotting gargoyles if I didn't get hung up on invisible geometry or if hitting the button to switch swords would reliably work.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
I am in the section just after beating the Kayran. This is this guy's HP bar after 2 light hits and 2 heavy hits:

Is there something I am missing?

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

turtlecrunch posted:

I am in the section just after beating the Kayran. This is this guy's HP bar after 2 light hits and 2 heavy hits:

Nope. You gotta beat him up for a bit.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

turtlecrunch posted:

Yeah he's a pain. I just played keep away then used Aard to stun him and smack him around.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
I got him. I was worried his bar had to go all the way down, luckily that was not the case. Thanks!

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Ravenfood posted:

Both activate at the same time.

Of course, the problem is that adrenaline skills aren't hugely great in the first place, and getting two probably meant diluting your spec with more 1-point talents than you'd want.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

FuriousGeorge posted:

Goddamn the Operator fight on Dark difficulty. I love this game, but it's mechanics are just not up to the task for a fight designed like this. I might even be able to handle the one-shotting gargoyles if I didn't get hung up on invisible geometry or if hitting the button to switch swords would reliably work.

Use Aard, it's pretty effective against the gargoyles. My main problem was that their charge homes in on you even when you dodge. I ended up hiding behind a pillar after the gargoyles were dead, waiting until you're out of combat and quicksaving.

turtlecrunch posted:

Wait until his Quen runs out (dodge in circles so you don't get hit by Aard/Igni)
Aard him and hit him three times/Igni him if you're mage specced

Justin_Brett posted:

Finally beat that encounter and the rest of the quest, then it shoved me in the swamp in front of a pack of those slug guys that explode, without healing me. Cool.

Bloedzuigers are about the easiest enemy to avoid, they shake like 2 seconds before they explode. So just get the killing blow and run the gently caress away.

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!
Just beat the game. Have a few questions that have probably already been asked years ago whenever everyone else was beating the game, but I'll ask em anyway!

1. The Wild Hunt. Piecing it all together it seems like they are a group of elves from a different dimension who sometimes break into this universe to kidnap people for unknown reasons. Discovering said reasons will likely be one of the focal points of the next game, but theories put forth so far within the game are they capture people as A) Slaves, B) To Train as Additional Riders, and C) open a permanent portal between worlds so they can rule both worlds (this requires them capturing Ciri)? Most of the time they break into other universes using astral projections of themselves that only appear as wraiths, however on special occasions they also come in person, such as the time when Geralt met with their leader face to face to trade his life for Yennifers.

Provided what I said above is true, I still have a few questions:

2. What was that whole bit about the Nilfgaardan intelligence agency claiming Geralt was literally a rider of the hunt. Is that what we can assume he was doing inbetween the time he was captured at the end of the Witcher books, and the start of the first game?

3. When Geralt recovered his memories, did we ever learn how he escaped from the Hunt, and how he ended up wounded in that forest at the beginning of the Witcher 1? I doubt we did, because I feel like I would remember that.

4. How does this all reconcile in the timeline with Geralt being killed with a pitchfork? I thought that was his last memory, but now it seems that his last memory is giving his life up willingly to the leader of the Wild Hunt? I think I remember reading on the Witcher Wiki that in the books, after Geralt is stabbed, Ciri ends up placing Geralt and Yennefer in some type of dream world together, and then the Wild Hunt break into that world to kidnap Yennefer. Does Geralt then come back after that, find Letho, and confront the Hunt only to give his life up again? I'm having a hard time piecing the story timeline together in this regard. This is my best working theory for a timeline:

1. Geralt Dies to Pitchfork --> 2. Ciri Banshes him and Yennefer to Dream world --> 3. Wild Hunt Breaks into this place and kidnaps Yennefer --> 4. Geralt returns to the world of living, first encounters Letho, confronts the Wild hunt and trades his life --> 5. Geralt Somehow Escapes the Wild Hunt --> 6. Witcher 1 Begins

5. Do we have any idea how many of the different choices in Witcher 2 will go on to affect the game/story in Witcher 3? I've heard people throw around 16 endings, but then I read on IGN that this was condensed into 8 endings. If I try to think of binaries that would have to be addressed it's Sasika Lives/Dies, Letho Lives/Dies, Sile Lives/Dies, Temaria's Fate, Aedirn's Fate. That would make up 8 choices, but there's still other issues like Henslet's Fate, Stennis's Fate, Roche's Fate, and Ivoreth's Fate, which I guess would compromise another 8 choices to make 16 total.

Megasabin fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Sep 23, 2014

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
About the Witcher 2 endings:
http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/The_Witcher_2_ending
All of them are different combinations of how hosed the North is.

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Ah, the simple joys of a monkey knife-fight.
Grimey Drawer

GrossMurpel posted:

Use Aard, it's pretty effective against the gargoyles. My main problem was that their charge homes in on you even when you dodge. I ended up hiding behind a pillar after the gargoyles were dead, waiting until you're out of combat and quicksaving.

I think complaining about it on the internet was the key because 2 attempts after posting that I finally beat him. :woop::suicide:

I mostly hid behind the pillar and turned the place into a crematorium with about 30 Dancing Stars.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Megasabin posted:

Just beat the game. Have a few questions that have probably already been asked years ago whenever everyone else was beating the game, but I'll ask em anyway!

1. The Wild Hunt. Piecing it all together it seems like they are a group of elves from a different dimension who sometimes break into this universe to kidnap people for unknown reasons. Discovering said reasons will likely be one of the focal points of the next game, but theories put forth so far within the game are they capture people as A) Slaves, B) To Train as Additional Riders, and C) open a permanent portal between worlds so they can rule both worlds (this requires them capturing Ciri)? Most of the time they break into other universes using astral projections of themselves that only appear as wraiths, however on special occasions they also come in person, such as the time when Geralt met with their leader face to face to trade his life for Yennifers.

Did you find the sword that belonged to the elf from the other world during the gargoyle quest in Act 3? Geralt hears a monologue in his head that provides more insight into this. I'd say C is the right track.

Megasabin posted:

Provided what I said above is true, I still have a few questions:

2. What was that whole bit about the Nilfgaardan intelligence agency claiming Geralt was literally a rider of the hunt. Is that what we can assume he was doing inbetween the time he was captured at the end of the Witcher books, and the start of the first game?

Yeah.

Megasabin posted:

3. When Geralt recovered his memories, did we ever learn how he escaped from the Hunt, and how he ended up wounded in that forest at the beginning of the Witcher 1? I doubt we did, because I feel like I would remember that.

No, but I think they let him go. They were watching him throughout W1, I think that they think watching Geralt may eventually lead them to Ciri.

Megasabin posted:

4. How does this all reconcile in the timeline with Geralt being killed with a pitchfork? I thought that was his last memory, but now it seems that his last memory is giving his life up willingly to the leader of the Wild Hunt? I think I remember reading on the Witcher Wiki that in the books, after Geralt is stabbed, Ciri ends up placing Geralt and Yennefer in some type of dream world together, and then the Wild Hunt break into that world to kidnap Yennefer. Does Geralt then come back after that, find Letho, and confront the Hunt only to give his life up again? I'm having a hard time piecing the story timeline together in this regard. This is my best working theory for a timeline:

Pitchfork was your last memory, but you're recovering memories throughout W2.

Megasabin posted:

1. Geralt Dies to Pitchfork --> 2. Ciri Banshes him and Yennefer to Dream world --> 3. Wild Hunt Breaks into this place and kidnaps Yennefer --> 4. Geralt returns to the world of living, first encounters Letho, confronts the Wild hunt and trades his life --> 5. Geralt Somehow Escapes the Wild Hunt --> 6. Witcher 1 Begins

Yeah.

Megasabin posted:

5. Do we have any idea how many of the different choices in Witcher 2 will go on to affect the game/story in Witcher 3? I've heard people throw around 16 endings, but then I read on IGN that this was condensed into 8 endings. If I try to think of binaries that would have to be addressed it's Sasika Lives/Dies, Letho Lives/Dies, Sile Lives/Dies, Temaria's Fate, Aedirn's Fate. That would make up 8 choices, but there's still other issues like Henslet's Fate, Stennis's Fate, Roche's Fate, and Ivoreth's Fate, which I guess would compromise another 8 choices to make 16 total.

I don't think we know much of anything yet, except that from one of the trailers, it looks like Letho will make an appearance if he survived.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Sep 23, 2014

COOKIEMONSTER
Oct 31, 2006
As an affluent straight white male I know quite a bit second hand what it's like to be incredibly poor and oppressed.
I'm not going to bother with spoilers for stuff from the games on my reply, because it's like a 3 or 4 year old game or something at this point.

Megasabin posted:

You didn't really ask a question but from an I read the books standpoint A and B are correct. The translated copies I read made it difficult to understand exactly how the Wild Hunt actually works. They describe it as a corkscrew. Like they can come into the world for limited amounts of time but are then forced back out of it. So they are never really projections of themselves, that's just magic they use when they have crossed into the world, in order to hide their presences.

Megasabin posted:

He wasn't captured at the end of the Witcher books. The explanation in the prologue of the videogame basically gives you what happens at the end of the books. He dies, Yennifer dies, they are taken to the isle of Avallac'h, the end(of Geralt's story anyways.) The game changes/expands on that and makes them alive by Ciri's magical powers, which are vast. But they are stranded on the magical island in Rivia, surrounded by impenetrable fog. Where he is then, in game canon, attacked by the hunt.

Megasabin posted:

I don't believe it's ever explained. Because he was a member of the hunt though, he likely for some reason or other remembered a bit of his previous life(Witchers are fairly resistant to hexes) and tried to escape while he was on the right side of the dimensional barrier. It is also possible that Ciri helped him escape, although unlikely as she wouldn't return back to that dimension unless she had to. It is also possible that the unicorns helped him escape, as they oppose the wild hunt and helped Ciri escape from the hunt in the books.

Megasabin posted:

She takes them to the isle of Avallac'h, which isn't a dream world so much as a tangible place located in Rivia, but shrouded in magic and impenetrable by anyone who isn't traveling dimensionally. The wild hunt can actually only travel to very few places, which is why they need/want Ciri.

Megasabin posted:

Basically correct, just a few changes.

1. Geralt and Yennifer die during the riot.
2. They are carried to the banks of Lok Escalott by their friends, Ciri rows them across to the island using her powers to penetrate the mist.
3. Somehow she uses her powers as a source to resurrect them, or the island's magic itself saves them and brings them back(Ciri may or may not know they are even alive.)

Megasabin posted:

The 4 major decisions are what gets condensed down. The major decisions are bullet marked by cartoon graphic segments. So if I remember right it's:

spare/kill Aryan Lavalette
choose Iorveth/Roach
spare/kill Henselt/Stennis
save Triss/Saskia/Foltest's daughter

There will likely be references to other stuff and smaller decisions. But those are the 4 major ones that will feed into the Witcher 3 ending from my understanding of things.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

COOKIEMONSTER posted:

The 4 major decisions are what gets condensed down. The major decisions are bullet marked by cartoon graphic segments. So if I remember right it's:

spare/kill Aryan Lavalette
choose Iorveth/Roach
spare/kill Henselt/Stennis
save Triss/Saskia/Foltest's daughter

There will likely be references to other stuff and smaller decisions. But those are the 4 major ones that will feed into the Witcher 3 ending from my understanding of things.

This is good to know. I am surprised saving or killing Aryan LaValette is that big of a deal? Does it matter because he explodes the castle if you let him live?

I need to replay the game and go through the Iorveth path - the only time I have tried it my game got corrupted by the release of the EE. What ends up happening in Vergen regarding Stennis and Saskia? I never played past the Kaedweni assault on Vergen.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

If you stopped Stennis from being lynched, he escapes sometime after you leave Vergen, makes it back to the Aedernian capital and is crowned.

I feel like there was a bit of a missed opportunity with Aryan. I just thought it would've been cool if you were doing the Roche's Path > Save Anais path, and you could go get Aryan and he go with you and Roche to rescue her.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

I decided to go back to the game to try and craft a new savegame for Witcher 3, now that I've gotten myself a GTX 970 to crank the graphics up.

I set everything to ultra, and it seems to work fine, with no stutter, except whenever I move around every color seems to blend together and everything moves at a weird jacked-up pace, while in cutscenes everything is slowed down when compared to the audio. Is there some setting that just flat-out doesn't work, or did I get overzealous with my settings?

Edit:vvv Yeah, motion blur was what was causing it, massively disorienting. Stuff still seems to be moving at a weird pace, will try to keep fiddling with it.

evilmiera fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Sep 24, 2014

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

evilmiera posted:

I decided to go back to the game to try and craft a new savegame for Witcher 3, now that I've gotten myself a GTX 970 to crank the graphics up.

I set everything to ultra, and it seems to work fine, with no stutter, except whenever I move around every color seems to blend together and everything moves at a weird jacked-up pace, while in cutscenes everything is slowed down when compared to the audio. Is there some setting that just flat-out doesn't work, or did I get overzealous with my settings?

Color blend is probably motion blur - something I disable in every game, don't know about cutscenes.

Section 31
Mar 4, 2012
Speaking of savegame, how many decisions are actually being carried or imported from Witcher 1 to Witcher 2, apart from the Grand Master of Holy-whatever guards at Chapter 3? Witcher wikia isn't exactly very informative on this issue.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
The unique swords from Witcher 1 that become obsolete two hours into the game are imported! :eng101:

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Sekenr posted:

Color blend is probably motion blur - something I disable in every game, don't know about cutscenes.

Let us know what you find with the audio/visual sync slowdown. I am in Act 3 and I had the same thing occurred the last time I played a couple days ago. Never had it happen before.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Well, I beat the first one yesterday. Kind of baffling how the personification of death is a weaker boss than a bandit leader with big hammers, but I'm not complaining. I'll probably play the second one on the Xbox, and after that who knows.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Justin_Brett posted:

the personification of death

HEHEHEHEHE.

quote:

on the Xbox

Why would you do this?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

edit: I cant read.

COOKIEMONSTER
Oct 31, 2006
As an affluent straight white male I know quite a bit second hand what it's like to be incredibly poor and oppressed.

Bort Bortles posted:

This is good to know. I am surprised saving or killing Aryan LaValette is that big of a deal? Does it matter because he explodes the castle if you let him live?

It probably has to do with the fact that the LaValette family is basically lead by Aryan, they are located in the Temerian north(eg not overrun yet,) and are one of the most powerful families therein, potentially with the heir apparent as part of their family line. Aryan is also a respected and important military commander. And Temeria is basically one of the major bulwarks defending the north from Nilfgaard. All that stands in Nilfgaard's way if you spare Aryan.

If you kill him though, his mother ends up mostly powerless to defend her lands and ends up signing an agreement with Nilfgaard. So it will probably effect who wins the war in the end, combined with other decisions like Henselt alive/dead.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

GrossMurpel posted:

Why would you do this?

Computer's a toaster.

Justin_Brett fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Sep 25, 2014

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

COOKIEMONSTER posted:

If you kill him though, his mother ends up mostly powerless to defend her lands and ends up signing an agreement with Nilfgaard. So it will probably effect who wins the war in the end, combined with other decisions like Henselt alive/dead.

Oh. I assumed he died (being so injured and everything) when he detonates his family's castle if you let him live. Does he not necessarily die? I thought I remembered the context indicating he will die in the blast but it has been a while so I am probably wrong.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Bort Bortles posted:

Oh. I assumed he died (being so injured and everything) when he detonates his family's castle if you let him live. Does he not necessarily die? I thought I remembered the context indicating he will die in the blast but it has been a while so I am probably wrong.

You meet him later in act 3 if you spared him.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

If you go all the way to end of Loc Muinne, where you normally turn right to go to the door to the amphitheater, but go left instead, he's hanging around back there.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Roobanguy posted:

You meet him later in act 3 if you spared him.
In my Roche run through I had spared him and didnt see him. This was pre-EE though.

Lycus posted:

If you go all the way to end of Loc Muinne, where you normally turn right to go to the door to the amphitheater, but go left instead, he's hanging around back there.
Ah that would explain it, thanks!

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I still think it would've been really cool if you had the option to go get him to help you and Roche save Anais. I even tried on a Roche Path playthrough.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

GrossMurpel posted:

Why would you do this?

To be fair, the 360 port is exceedingly well done. I got the PC version for something like $3 during a Steam sale and was so impressed I bought the 360 version just to support the devs. I played through Act 1 on 360 and it's a very faithful port which retains a good deal of the graphical fidelity. They redid the control scheme (for the better) and improved the poo poo out of the UI and but confusingly didn't bring those improvements over to the PC EE version. If you want to play the game with a controller the best experience is actually on the 360.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Anti-Hero posted:

If you want to play the game with a controller

Why would you do this?
Sorry, but I can't help imagining people who prefer controller over KB+M to be like DSP who just loving sucks at aiming and then complains that the game doesn't attack the dude he wants to attack. :negative:
I just think it's so much more precise to be able to control the camera with a mouse and only having 8 directions of movement than having 360 degrees of movement but terrible camera controls IMO.

E:
Video for reference.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCjzA-C647o

GrossMurpel fucked around with this message at 12:28 on Sep 25, 2014

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
I find the smell of an earthly man,
Be he living, or be he dead,
His heart this night shall kitchen my bread.
It works fine with a controller, and most games that support both can properly be played with either. Witcher 2 is not a "headshot" game, fine precision isn't actually important at all.

(W2's controls are pretty much equally bad for KB+M and controller.)

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

GrossMurpel posted:

Why would you do this?
Sorry, but I can't help imagining people who prefer controller over KB+M to be like DSP who just loving sucks at aiming and then complains that the game doesn't attack the dude he wants to attack. :negative:
I just think it's so much more precise to be able to control the camera with a mouse and only having 8 directions of movement than having 360 degrees of movement but terrible camera controls IMO.

Third person action games as a genre are, generally, better served by controllers. Imprecise camera controls* aren't so much of an issue because, as a rule, you only ever want the camera to do one of three things: find an angle that gives you a good view of the field of action when you're fighting a group, and stick to it, lock on to a specific enemy when you need to focus, or follow your character's field of view when you're running around. I won't say that getting the camera to understand when it needs to stay still and when it needs to follow you is a trivial problem (lot of lovely cameras out there), but it's one that plenty of games have solved satisfactorily.

The Witcher, though. I dunno. Geralt is already such a clumsy loving chore to drive, I don't think I'd want to go with a controller on top of that.

*Though I'm not sure analog stick camera controls are that imprecise- if you're trying to aim in an FPS then sure, they're a joke, but basically nothing else needs that sort of precision in camera control. The real problem is that if your thumbs on the stick, it's not on the face buttons, so you can't adjust the camera and do anything else at the same time unless you start doing some claw poo poo.

e: Or what Saint-Germain said, yeah.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
I guess this is a question of principle and probably comes from me only ever playing PC games these days.
For example, in your three scenarios you didn't mention precise movement at all (just following your character's FoV imprecisely is different), which is exactly what I use the camera control for. As an example, lots of people complained about the inaccurate controls in Assassin's Creed and how they kept running into the wrong parkours objects, which never happened to me by just holding W and aiming where I want to go. Plus, the problem you mentioned with controlling the camera and doing actions at the same time can't happen. The thought of having the freely movable camera static while I'm attacking dudes is horrible, what if someone readies an attack that you can't see in your back?

You two called Geralt a chore to drive and W2's control scheme bad, why? This isn't about KB+M or controller, but in general. What's bad about it? The only thing that annoyed me was when he decided to do a short stab into empty air when the enemy is perfectly within range for a jump.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Well, okay:

a) Geralt's got a fairly large amount of momentum, especially when pivoting.
b) Attack animations are long. Very long, and there's no way to cancel out of them.
c) The dodge is slow and awkward. Generally I find it too long for a quick duck out of the way and too short for disengaging.
d) The targeting system is... well. I'm not sure I want to go as far as to say that it violates the principle of least astonishment, but it takes a hell of a lot of getting used to. As a rule, if I'm attacking and I'm not locked on to something, what I want to do to is attack in a direction, either the one I'm facing or the one I'm pushing into, not a specific person.
e) What lunatic decided to fold the lunge into the basic attack command? If I want to lunge I will tell you explicitly, game. :psyduck:

(Talking only about 2, here, and I can't remember which, if any, of these issues were fixed after release :v:. Last time I replayed it I did think it had gotten a little better, but not by a lot.)

All of which combines to make Geralt one of the stickiest and least responsive fightmans I have fightmanned with. To be fair, the Witcher isn't quite the same sort of beast as the games I'm comparing it to. It invokes a sort of... I'm going to say grittiness, for lack of a better word, that means that it just can't afford to let its characters get away with some of the poo poo that other, pulpier games do. If Geralt started backflipping twice his height or gained invincibility frames in his dodge then eyebrows would be raised.

There really is no excuse for the lunge thing though. :psyduck:

GrossMurpel posted:

For example, in your three scenarios you didn't mention precise movement at all (just following your character's FoV imprecisely is different), which is exactly what I use the camera control for. As an example, lots of people complained about the inaccurate controls in Assassin's Creed and how they kept running into the wrong parkours objects, which never happened to me by just holding W and aiming where I want to go.

Never played any of the AssCreed games, so I can't speak to your specific example, but it's not something I find being a problem very frequently. Actually, I'm not sure how often I see games asking for that level of control over movement these days. I remember this one specific jump in MGR that always trips me up if I don't slow down and take it carefully, but apart from that...

GrossMurpel posted:

Plus, the problem you mentioned with controlling the camera and doing actions at the same time can't happen. The thought of having the freely movable camera static while I'm attacking dudes is horrible, what if someone readies an attack that you can't see in your back?

If you're playing a game where enemies will attack you from off-camera, you really shouldn't be letting them get behind you to begin with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
So Steam launched its new music player today. I checked it out of curiosity and found the Civilization 5 soundtracks in there, plus an album simply labelled "OST" full of non-informative file names for each track. Turns out it was the Witcher soundtrack.

If somebody at CD Projekt RED could find the time for it, it'd probably be nice to throw an update out to the steam soundtrack with some meta-info for the tracks and album.

Edit: There was another soundtrack simply called "Inspired by" that turned out to contain Witcher music too. The track themselves did have actual names in this case though.

Slashrat fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Sep 25, 2014

• Locked thread