Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Olivil
Jul 15, 2010

Wow I'd like to be as smart as a computer
i used to be impressed by these flight sim setups and then i started working at a place where they make flight sims to train actual pilots and lol @ these scrubs setups imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olivil
Jul 15, 2010

Wow I'd like to be as smart as a computer
if your flight sim isnt an actual cockput floating on top of hydraulics motion stuff then idk whats up

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Fabricated posted:

The Marines: "B-b-b-but Guadalcanal!!"

also IIRC the f35 can't take off normally from some of our aircraft carriers because they aren't long enough

:confused: it has a specific carrier variant?

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

maniacdevnull posted:

considering that this is an actual f35:

i think he may have gone overboard
actually the dude just recreated the cockpit of an a-10c

as for why? poo poo idk man why do we do any stupid hobbies but that's at least a really nice diy project

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Fabricated posted:

that's a feature

along with

the stealth coating coming off in the rain

the vtol being useless on most aircraft carriers because the plane is so fuckin heavy the vtol jet needs to run hot enough to melt the deck

the oxygen system turning off when it crosses the international date line

the helmet which most of the HUD stuff is on not working

the plane basically falling apart on the tarmac if it isn't constantly maintained

the plane just kinda randomly falling out of the air
the android of airplanes

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Space-Pope posted:

help im falling down a hole of looking at awesome flight sim cockpits that dudes have made

i am jealous

conversely, my flight sim cockpit when i was a kid

edit heres another one

Nostalgia4Butts fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Sep 22, 2014

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

uhhhhh this game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YE8a_-qZEcQ

(don't watch if you're actually going to play the game)

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

conversely, my flight sim cockpit when i was a kid

edit heres another one

those dials actually work, or are they just decoration?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEGttDm51lg

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

duckfarts posted:

they're supposedly actual dials that work for reals.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

erm... actually thieves should be summarily executed

duckfarts posted:

i'm the $25 1024x768 monitor and the side-of-the-road speakers

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

erm... actually thieves should be summarily executed
i am an idiot sperg about flight sims and i have a $300 joystick and throttle, a set of rudder pedals and a head tracking system. but i play the things on a four foot hdtv, jesus

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5O130IzWbI

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
I gave rear end creed 4 another chance and its ok if you can get past the controls.

was 3 any good?

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

there's no way this can go wrong

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

lollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

12 Assing Downs, Fart-upon-Dickhull, Fuckstershire, UK

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Shaggar posted:

I gave rear end creed 4 another chance and its ok if you can get past the controls.

was 3 any good?

no.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Shaggar posted:

was 3 any good?

3 is bad.

4 is really good because they nailed flying a ship.

never played 2 or 1 i assume they are bad.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Shaggar posted:

was 3 any good?

No...it's great.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

3 is bad.

4 is really good because they nailed flying a ship.

never played 2 or 1 i assume they are bad.

2 and 1 are ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. i played them both and never played the rest

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

2 and 1 are ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. i played them both and never played the rest

the gently caress? 2 is amazing, and brotherhood is alright too

1 is okay if you play it first but after playing the sequels it will feel painfully limiting of what you can do

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
the thing that made asasasins creed 1-3 embarassing for me is how much emphasis was placed on walking around looking cool

like the guy is named Ezio lol

and just so much looking down with your blade arms out

there just arent enough lols

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAhPaiajwDY

(devin supertramp triggers me sorry anyone else who is similarly triggered)

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

DuckConference posted:

1 is okay if you play it first
no it isn't
i played 1 first and stopped after like the first or second assassination when i went "hang on i'm doing this same exact thing seven more times?" because it wasn't actually very fun to do even once
2 was good

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA
1 was a cool idea
2 was that cool idea executed well
brotherhood was that cool idea with great gameplay
revelations was the same game, only different and with the only interesting protagonist (he got interesting in this one)
3 is a legit badgame that makes you trudge through like 6 hours of gameplay and unstoppable cutscenes before the world opens up. then it's still a badgame only with collectibles
4 is an awesome pirate simulator in which you don't actually play as an assassin

this has been your guide to assassin's creed

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

RIP lucatiel, you did well :(

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LY7u2mHcRXQ

next-gen gameing

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

rip that rabbit co-pilot

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

smash bros gettin weird

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
drank all day and played density, went from lvl 6 to lvl 18.

same game all the way through, you just go from black caves with purple highlights to brown caves with green highlights and sometimes the bad guys are robots and sometimes they're weird reptile people.

i made it to mars where the bad guys are all the brutes from halo. the jackals/sangheli/kig-yar/unggoy from halo are all the fallen and the halo sentinel/robot guys are "the vex."

like straight up ripped off they own drat game.

the "strikes" are sort of like dungeons from WoW or something, you get matched with 2 other peeps and go down through caves to a midpoint where you have to defend peter dinklage against like a billion waves of lovely enemies, and then once you do that you can continue on past a few more enemies to the final boss guy who literally has more hitpoints than the entire rest of the dungeon several times over.

seriously you just have 3 guys unloading on the dude, reloading and then doing it again until they're all out of ammo, and then they spawn more basic enemies who you melee to death and then get more ammo and keep shooting the main bad guy (who is leashed to a tiny area and you basically just play peekaboo to kill him). this has been the exact same plan for all 4 strikes I've done so far.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Beast of Bourbon posted:

same game all the way through, you just go from black caves with purple highlights to brown caves with green highlights and sometimes the bad guys are robots and sometimes they're weird reptile people.

i made it to mars where the bad guys are all the brutes from halo. the jackals/sangheli/kig-yar/unggoy from halo are all the fallen and the halo sentinel/robot guys are "the vex."

the "strikes" are sort of like dungeons from WoW or something, you get matched with 2 other peeps and go down through caves to a midpoint where you have to defend peter dinklage against like a billion waves of lovely enemies, and then once you do that you can continue on past a few more enemies to the final boss guy who literally has more hitpoints than the entire rest of the dungeon several times over.

seriously you just have 3 guys unloading on the dude, reloading and then doing it again until they're all out of ammo, and then they spawn more basic enemies who you melee to death and then get more ammo and keep shooting the main bad guy (who is leashed to a tiny area and you basically just play peekaboo to kill him). this has been the exact same plan for all 4 strikes I've done so far.

Don't play mmos

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
:nws:
bideo

james

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

what does it take to turn random creepy guys into naked women trying to kill each other in north america?

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Blackula69 posted:

1 was a cool idea
2 was that cool idea executed well
brotherhood was that cool idea with great gameplay
revelations was the same game, only different and with the only interesting protagonist (he got interesting in this one)
3 is a legit badgame that makes you trudge through like 6 hours of gameplay and unstoppable cutscenes before the world opens up. then it's still a badgame only with collectibles
4 is an awesome pirate simulator in which you don't actually play as an assassin

this has been your guide to assassin's creed

i like this because the only ac i ever played was 1 and i put it down after an hour. i just bought ac4 for wiiu on a whim tho, gon' be a pirate

Katana Gomai fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Sep 22, 2014

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

On FF XV’s Progress:
In terms of development, about 50 to 60 percent of the game is complete. We kind of started from the beginning of the game, so the first part is more complete than the others.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Pinterest Mom posted:

On FF XV’s Progress:
In terms of development, about 50 to 60 percent of the game is complete. We kind of started from the beginning of the game, so the first part is more complete than the others.

and yet it is Sleeping Dawgs and Tomb Raider that underperform

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Dont worry, Sleeping Dogs is getting another game to prove its worth.

It's an f2p. :negative:

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
new xcom sequel looking good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyxFG9pzMuk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Beast of Bourbon posted:

yeah this really

all the strikes are

-Start in the open world for some reason and spend 5 minutes traveling/killing the regular patrol enemies to get to the instanced area

-few big clusterfucks of enemies

-defend the dinklage from however many waves of enemies would actually be sorta fun + 5

-Big stupid HP sponge boss with gun that instagibs anyone but titans, but still sorta instagibs titans

The Venus strikes were far less horrendous than the moon strike however

the one boss that was basically a giant version of the fallen captain dudes was at least sort of fun to fight since it was fast and didn't kill you if it had LOS on you for one second

the moon strike is loving awful

• Locked thread