Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

jwang posted:

Did I miss something? Is The Company no longer scanlating Tower of God?

Naver, the company that pays the artist, has started offering
official English translations for a lot of their offerings on
http://www.webtoons.com/
(Looks awful on non-mobile).

... So the fan translators have dropped it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

Sad that it seems to be pretty shittily translated. Happy that it's back though. Hopefully the time off let SUI recuperate fully.

jwang
Mar 31, 2013
Wow. I thought that Webtoons page was another scanlation site, turns out it's official. You would think they would put a bit more effort into the translations if it's an official site, but I guess having a monopoly on scanlations mean you can rear end it up all you want. Plus, site's dreadful on a browser, which irks me to no end. They got a non-mobile site, can't they just port the coding over?

Hankosha
Apr 1, 2008

SISTAS ARE DOIN' IT FOR THEMSELVES

jwang posted:

Wow. I thought that Webtoons page was another scanlation site, turns out it's official. You would think they would put a bit more effort into the translations if it's an official site, but I guess having a monopoly on scanlations mean you can rear end it up all you want. Plus, site's dreadful on a browser, which irks me to no end. They got a non-mobile site, can't they just port the coding over?

This is much better.

Simstim
Mar 16, 2005

You just gave me a great idea buddy.
The guys who run Magna Cow, do they do their own translation or do they just upload it?

GlassElephant
Oct 25, 2009

Schwere Panzerabteilung 502
Discovered they were Glass Elephants, 27 APR 45
This is the best way I have found to use the webtoons site: https://greasyfork.org/scripts/3227-webtoons-com-for-desktop

Doikor
Oct 5, 2008

Hankosha posted:

This is much better.

You don't really need that. Just pop out the official site into its own window and make it narrower (which is what the companys naver reader does. just has the site in a ~700px wide iframe)

Kaja Rainbow
Oct 17, 2012

~Adorable horror~

Doikor posted:

You don't really need that. Just pop out the official site into its own window and make it narrower (which is what the companys naver reader does. just has the site in a ~700px wide iframe)

The Company's page makes for a convenient bookmark, though. No fiddling around with window sizes or whatever, just open up the page and read away.

Silynt
Sep 21, 2009

Simstim posted:

The guys who run Magna Cow, do they do their own translation or do they just upload it?

They do their own translations.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT BEING HIP!
Ugh, I'm going back and reading the last couple chapters of the tournament, and drat these translators are awful. :negative:

Sir PigglyWiggly
Jan 12, 2013

I got lost in the woods.
Now I'm a tree!

Hirethor posted:

Ugh, I'm going back and reading the last couple chapters of the tournament, and drat these translators are awful. :negative:

So are there different translators working for them? Because as bad as Tower of God is the gamer seems worse. And then Kubera gave us Idioty Smith so I can't hate them anymore.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

If you're talking about Naver's official translations they're... not very good, no. For whatever reason.

jwang
Mar 31, 2013
I think they figured that after C&D all the scanlators, they figured either we take lovely translations or no translations at all as the only options.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
New chapter is out, I don't know how to give the proper link to this site :/ http://thcmpny.com/naver.html (Season 2, Ep. 112)

Hirethor fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Aug 17, 2014

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Translation seemed better than last chapter. Wonder if it was just an easy chapter to translate or if they got a new translator.

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

New chapter is out and oh boy, this can only end well :allears:

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
Yeah, good chapter. I certainly wasn't expecting that to happen, but I guess we'll see how it turns out.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

:aaaaa: This train is going to be god drat amazing!

zerosix
Jun 22, 2012

Yasser Arafatwa posted:

:aaaaa: This train is going to be god drat amazing!

More like its going to get Train-wrecked.

:rimshot:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I don't think anything could have made me more excited for this arc.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
s2 e114 is out http://thcmpny.com/naver.html

Looks like he's not wasting any time with this.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.
Yeah, straight to 12 months later. I suppose 12 months isn't a whole lot of time in the ToG universe, really.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Yeah, time passes pretty quickly. Plus the intervening 12 months are just training and SIU seems to avoid training arcs (thank god).

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Between this series and the Gamer I can't help but find myself enjoying Korean manwha more than any japanese mangas out there.

It's a shame that neither will be turned into an anime or the korean version of one.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
S2 Ch115 is out. It's short, but full of ~mystery~

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.
Baam's still a big ol softie.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Everybody join team Baam.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
s2 e117, http://thcmpny.com/naver.html

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Man, just don't ever get on a train in the Tower. It's not worth it.

Lieutenant Hoffman
Mar 4, 2009

hell yeah!!!
Between the bad guys killing people on trains to get tickets and the good guys killing people to get tickets to stop the bad guys getting tickets this is going to look like a real mess from an outside perspective. I wonder if it will get blamed on that evil slayer Viole somehow.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

So, silly question, but what happened to the floating diamond weapon thing that Baam has?

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

EvilTaytoMan posted:

So, silly question, but what happened to the floating diamond weapon thing that Baam has?

I dunno, its in his inventory maybe. It was such a major plot point last arc I doubt he sold it or anything

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
It probably just has an invisible mode when he isn't using it.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Also it wasn't a floating diamond, it was clearly a bit or a funnel. Baam is in fact a Gundam. :kamina:

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 224 days!
I'm guessing that, despite its existence not being widely known, walking around with the Thorn visible would be like hiring a blimp to fly around above you with with a sign reading "I'm right here fuckers come and get me."

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

Hodgepodge posted:

I'm guessing that, despite its existence not being widely known, walking around with the Thorn visible would be like hiring a blimp to fly around above you with with a sign reading "I'm right here fuckers come and get me."

I don't care if it makes him obvious. I want him with long hair and a diamond mag casually blowing people up in non lethal ways.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
Hopefully this links properly: http://www.webtoons.com/viewer?titleNo=95&episodeNo=198

S2, Ch 118.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Looks like Baam's gonna add an idol to the harem.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

For a second there I thought it was one of the princesses in disguise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer

EvilTaytoMan posted:

For a second there I thought it was one of the princesses in disguise.

I thought it was Koon in disguise at first