Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
I like the complaint that "Obama is purposely sending our great military folks into harm's way." Uhhh...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Neo Rasa posted:

I like the complaint that "Obama is purposely sending our great military folks into harm's way." Uhhh...

I bet he won't even give them proper, up-to-date protective gear.

Gravybong
Apr 24, 2007

Smokin' weed all day. All I do is smoke weed. Every day of my life it's all I do. I don't give a FUCK! Weed.
dalereed's been taking oxy for 6 years? must have back problems or something. you'd think all those painkillers would chill you the gently caress out.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Never ignore the possibility that what we see is dalereed chilled out.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
I prefer to think if him as being in standby mode.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Yes, that will be the time at which he, and the rest of us, regret lampooning Mormon theology and cosmology.

Glorious death or be sentenced to Mormon scrapbooking conventions. Decisions, decisions... and I'm not joking. A big conference room in the library where I work has been repeatedly booked by a local Mormon church for scrapbooking conventions.

I'm also really, really curious where the archaeological evidence for all this is. Even from a purely secular standpoint, there's pretty good reason to believe that Jesus and Mohammed existed, with or without the powers ascribed to them.

Cythereal fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Sep 22, 2014

Ninjasaurus
Feb 11, 2014

This is indeed a disturbing universe.
Pot: a slippery slope to heroin, drug dealing, gay sex, murder and the worst of all crimes, birth control.

Pegged Lamb
Nov 5, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
"Muslim Brotherhood/ISIS". Like they have so much in common. Glen Beck took the lead on turning those guys into the Muslim Brotherhood into the legion of doom

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Cythereal posted:

I'm also really, really curious where the archaeological evidence for all this is. Even from a purely secular standpoint, there's pretty good reason to believe that Jesus and Mohammed existed, with or without the powers ascribed to them.

I asked a pair of missionaries about this last month, and they conceded that not a scrap of archaeological evidence exists for anything in the Book of Mormon. They just said that they 'had faith' that the Book was true, regardless of evidence.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Free Republic is the cage that keeps us safe from Dale Reed. His hate pounds on the walls of his prison, and we just laugh. But god help us if those walls break, for the world will not survive the torrents of hate he will unleash upon the world.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Logikv9 posted:

Free Republic is the cage that keeps us safe from Dale Reed. His hate pounds on the walls of his prison, and we just laugh. But god help us if those walls break, for the world will not survive the torrents of hate he will unleash upon the world.

To: WhiskeyX

BECAUSE IT’S A GOOD WAY TO DIE!!!

45 posted on 8/20/2014, 3:47:37 PM by dalereed

[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Shugojin posted:

Never ignore the possibility that what we see is dalereed chilled out.

Who would have thought that oxy keeps the black shade of dalereed in a cage.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

zeal posted:

I asked a pair of missionaries about this last month, and they conceded that not a scrap of archaeological evidence exists for anything in the Book of Mormon. They just said that they 'had faith' that the Book was true, regardless of evidence.

At least they're not claiming God hid all the evidence as a test of faith for his followers?

I'm curious how Freep feels about Mormons, actually. I know about :mitt:, but Mormonism is a heterodox splinter of Christianity at the most generous, and downright heretical and not Christian at all in the eyes of almost all Christian denominations, including Freep's beloved Southern Baptist Convention.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Cythereal posted:

At least they're not claiming God hid all the evidence as a test of faith for his followers?

I'm curious how Freep feels about Mormons, actually. I know about :mitt:, but Mormonism is a heterodox splinter of Christianity at the most generous, and downright heretical and not Christian at all in the eyes of almost all Christian denominations, including Freep's beloved Southern Baptist Convention.

They're false flag Christians. Especially after :mitt:.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Cythereal posted:

Oh, that? It's over here, this box in which I keep fragments of the true cross, along side my map to Shangri-la, the horn of Gabriel, and only surviving copy of Andrew Johnson's Emancipation Retraction.

Captain_Maclaine fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Sep 22, 2014

Badera
Jan 30, 2012

Student Brian Boyko has lost faith in America.

zeal posted:

Mormons believe there were two waves in the ancient settlement of North America. First were the Jaredites, whose first king (Jared) successfully appealed to God to allow them to keep the universal language after His destruction of the Tower of Babel. Jared's people crossed the sea in divinely inspired magical barges and settled the Americas as their Promised Land. The Jaredites warred incessantly with each other, and destroyed their own civilization.

Just after this a second group, Israelites who escaped the destruction of Jerusalem by the Babylonians through divine guidance and sailed from the Red Sea to the Americas in another fleet of magical barges circa the 6th century. They arrived to find the Jaredites a scattered, primitive people and started settling the Americas as their Promised Land. Eventually they broke into factions, the bad guys were cursed with dark skin and slowly overwhelmed the pious white people, till finally the last Native American white man, Moroni, buried a metal book containing the story of all this as well as a magical breastplate and 'seer stones' that allowed the wearer to translate the book under a mound in either Ohio or upstate New York.

The Native Americans found by white settlers were the victorious descendants of Lehi's people who, like the Jaredites before them, destroyed their own high civilization through incessant internecine war. Christian Europeans represent the third and final group to be given the Americas as a promised land, with Mormons as the purest and most enlightened of all since only they know the true history of the continent and worship in the ways preserved in Moroni's book. Joseph Smith said he dug up the book, breastplate and stones under the guidance of the now-angelic Moroni in the early 19th century, but the angel took the artifacts to heaven once the Book of Mormon (Moroni's father, the last high priest of his people) was fully translated into English.

E: also the followers of Lehi were the first Christians because he received prophetic visions of Jesus and the crucifixion six centuries before they happened.
E2: Those Scots economic philosphers sure did get around didn't they?

I know it's slightly OT, but holy gently caress. That is some frothing at the mouth nonsense.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Badera posted:

I know it's slightly OT, but holy gently caress. That is some frothing at the mouth nonsense.

To be fair, it sounded a lot less ridiculous in early 19th century America before things like reliable archaeology and genetics existed.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

It also helped that at the time no one could read Egyptian hieroglyphics, so you could buy a papyrus off some antiquities broker and claim that you divinely translated it and it backs up whatever other bullshit you wrote.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
even contemporary antagonists of the mormons conceded that joseph smith possessed tremendous personal charisma too. he was using the seer stone schpiel to convince people that he could divine the location of buried treasure long before he got into writing scripture.

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW

SeraphSlaughter posted:

dalereed's been taking oxy for 6 years? must have back problems or something. you'd think all those painkillers would chill you the gently caress out.

Hydros made me mean as gently caress when I was taking them regularly after a surgery.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

SeraphSlaughter posted:

dalereed has "I can't walk anymore and am in a rascal" problems.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
My favorite bit from the Ebola batch is that ARE TROOPS, toughest sons-of-bitches on god's green earth that they are (lord protect them!), would be utterly defenseless against the wave of decapitation attacks from some guys with machetes. I mean, yeah doublethink whatever, but c'mon. "Obama has found the weakness of our military. They'll be too busy gay-raping each other to avoid the incoming neckshots! Thanks Obola!"

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer
I thought Freep's obsession wiith ebola would stop being funny a while ago, but it just keeps on rolling.

Seriously, it's a scary disease and you most certainly don't want to get it, but as diseases go it poses little to no risk of becoming epidemic in a country with first world health services and budget. It's simply not that contagious. If Obama, Walton Simons and Bob Page really wanted to enact their dastardly plan, there's scarier stuff lying around in various government vaults.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Gabby Giffords gets mean
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3206446/posts

quote:

The harlot Giffords was a mean one before she got shot; imperious and contemptuous of her constituants. I wonder if the stalking boyfriend would have been on the street if the court had been responsible? He could have stolen a car, obtsained any number of controlled and / or illegal substances, used a knife and the list goes on but Giffords brays on. Personally, I wish Laughner had been a better shot or used a bigger gun.

12 posted on 9/22/2014 2:02:17 AM by Lion Den Dan

quote:

I won’t say what I’m thinking.

drat it’s hard not to, but I won’t.......

HOLLOW POINTS....GRRR.....

13 posted on 9/22/2014 2:02:55 AM by KoRn (Department of Homeland Security, Certified - "Right Wing Extremist")

quote:

I am ‘sorry’ she got shot etc

BUT they could march her around the country like an extra from “Weekend at Bernies” and keep propping her up etc and if they decided to run her for pResident, the dummies would fall all over themselves to vote for her.

All knew what a ‘witch’ Hillary could be/was and when Lazio walked across the stage one would think he punched her out.

Actually, in a one on one I am not so sure she wouldn’t take him out.

16 posted on 9/22/2014 2:04:45 AM by xrmusn ((6/98) Free people are not equal. Equal people are not free.)

False flag! :byodame:

Ninjasaurus
Feb 11, 2014

I REALLY WISH THAT POLITICIAN I DON'T LIKE WAS ACTUALLY MURDERED BY THAT MASS SHOOTER INSTEAD OF SURVIVING A BULLET TO THE HEAD!!!!

.... Why do you want to take away our guns??!

They hate Democrats more than they love the 2nd Amendment.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
There's a nice pair developing. The Rape Epidemic Is a Fiction: Sexual assaults are a third of what they were twenty years ago and Ithaca College says male victim was sexually assaulted on campus.
The former is a straight up "bitches be lyin'" but the latter is a wonderful mix of "lieberals be lyin'", "lol human being" and just a dash of "homonazis are raping everyone, look at the army :derp:".

e:

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3206470/posts

quote:

I think Iran was modern and not radical muslim until Carter helped overthrow the Shaw.

This guy talks about how good it was in Iraq until Saddam invaded Kuwait. Saddam also used WOMD against the Kurds in Iraq. So it might have been good for some people, but not all. Saddam was Sunni.

33 posted on 9/22/2014 5:34:39 AM by Rusty0604
:v:

quote:

Saddam was an enemy of the US who had a relatively stable regime, and was consequently a threat to the US. He regularly shot down US aircraft, and had acquired WMDs. Bush’s fault was trying to install a weak democracy in Iraq, which is now a puppet of Iran; Saddam’s government was the correct template, we just needed the leader to be pro-America.

While ISIS is certainly a threat, it would not have happened if the Iraqi region had a dictator who would crush that insurgency. Soetoro’s deliberate funding of ISIS is also a big problem. So the blame can fall on two Presidents, Bush for overestimating Iraqi competence and Soetoro for deliberately wanting ISIS to gain power, but disposing of Saddam was not a mistake.

34 posted on 9/22/2014 5:36:20 AM by Objective Scrutator (All liberals are criminals, and all criminals are liberals)
Yeah baby, yeah! gently caress that fig leaf!

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Sep 22, 2014

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

quote:

I think Iran was modern and not radical muslim until Carter helped overthrow the Shaw.

I've never said this sincerely before but I can't even

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Objective Scrutator is rapidly becoming one of my favorite FReepers. The guy just works his rear end off trying to sound reasonable when he's both wrong and crazy.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Georgia Peach posted:

Yeah, I've seen some dumb poo poo here but that made my eyes cross.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Georgia Peach posted:

It honestly took me a couple seconds to parse Shaw -> Shah. Possibly because Shaw is a last name around here in Pennsyltucky. And then there's the actual sentence, ugh.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Shugojin posted:

It honestly took me a couple seconds to parse Shaw -> Shah. Possibly because Shaw is a last name around here in Pennsyltucky. And then there's the actual sentence, ugh.

Shaw is also most of the name of a supermarket.

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.

MeLKoR posted:

Saddam was an enemy of the US who had a relatively stable regime, and was consequently a threat to the US. He regularly shot down US aircraft, and had acquired WMDs. Bush’s fault was trying to install a weak democracy in Iraq, which is now a puppet of Iran; Saddam’s government was the correct template, we just needed the leader to be pro-America.

While ISIS is certainly a threat, it would not have happened if the Iraqi region had a dictator who would crush that insurgency. Soetoro’s deliberate funding of ISIS is also a big problem. So the blame can fall on two Presidents, Bush for overestimating Iraqi competence and Soetoro for deliberately wanting ISIS to gain power, but disposing of Saddam was not a mistake.

34 posted on 9/22/2014 5:36:20 AM by Objective Scrutator (All liberals are criminals, and all criminals are liberals)
I think this guy works for the DoD :tinfoil:

Clinton Labor Sec.: ‘Mostly white’ suburban county to blame for Detroit’s woes

quote:

To: walford
It is a crime against the state to be white and live in a suburb. Send them all to re-education camps!

5 posted on 9/21/2014 2:29:42 PM by Lorianne

quote:

They create the deplorable condition expecting white flight due to crime, rape, murder, drugs, and gang activities and then they blame them for this condition because they refuse to live in the sh##hole they created yet they live a good life on the taxpayers dole. Clintons labor secretary is just one more finger pointer from his or her glass house pointing the finger in our direction.

11 posted on 9/21/2014 2:33:33 PM by ronnie raygun

quote:

Bastard. The normal people are trying to get away from the crime that you leftists are responsible for.

13 posted on 9/21/2014 2:35:01 PM by I want the USA back (Media: completely irresponsible. Complicit in the destruction of this country.)

quote:

The opening shot in the war against White Flight: you cant escape us, wherever you go, we will send the thugs to extort you.

And if your neighborhood is deemed “undiverse”, then non- whites will be forcibly re-settled to reflect some bureaucratic quota.

Reich is a venal little prick who tries to get over by finger pointing.

15 posted on 9/21/2014 2:37:13 PM by Regulator

quote:

Sounds like Oakland County is about to get a few hundred thousand Section 8 housing developments coming their way.
The purpose of Section 8 housing is to import Democrat voters into Republican enclaves and overwhelm the Republican vote.

17 posted on 9/21/2014 2:39:06 PM by E. Pluribus Unum ("The man who damns money obtained it dishonorably; the man who respects it earned it." --Ayn Rand)

quote:

To: F15Eagle
We had to round up the usual suspects

I wear trouble as crown of honor, my friend.

21 posted on 9/21/2014 2:44:12 PM by Fightin Whitey
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

quote:

Detroit was doing fine. Once the Democrats took charge the city started to decay. Reich should be ashamed. He is playing the fool card.

28 posted on 9/21/2014 2:52:31 PM by Essie

quote:

TAXES...WHITE PEOPLE...NOT ENOUGH!

31 posted on 9/21/2014 2:53:55 PM by Dallas59

quote:

So am I to understand that these wealthy white elitists who don't use any of Detroit's crumbling infrastructure or benefit in any way from the bloated, corrupt programs of that city should be tasked with providing even more of their money to support them? And if they are reluctant to do that, that makes them evil and selfish?
I would think the evil, selfish parties here are those parasites in Detroit Proper who have taken half a century worth of handouts, driven whites out of town at the point of a gun, fouled their own nests to the point that they're unlivable, and then demanded that someone else pay them to keep doing more of the same.

Oh, and then there are the corrupt liberal "leaders" who have squandered millions in public funds, not to mention any sliver of good will, to enrich themselves while letting their "bruthas" go to hell in a handbasket.

Detroit is a textbook example of what happens when liberals get their wish.

32 posted on 9/21/2014 2:55:26 PM by IronJack
If you were to ask me it is the black people who are the problem :smuggo:

Original bolding

quote:

Most people I know do not mind, in fact, most enjoy helping to make their community a liveable place and helping the needy.
What people resent is being forced to help people who are lazy and refuse to help themselves and who degrade the neighborhood.

The solution is to move where there are like-minded people who support themselves and contribute positively to the neighborhood/community.

What is so hard to understand about this.

33 posted on 9/21/2014 2:59:02 PM by blam (Jeff Sessions For President)

quote:

Those inconsiderate greedy, racist whites!

They wouldn’t stay around and let the Gibs-Me-Dats and other bums and moochers strip them of their wealth and resources.

45 posted on 9/21/2014 3:13:56 PM by Iron Munro ("If you want to test a man's character, give him power." -- Abraham Lincoln)

quote:

Racial reversecism hate crime. That’s what this is but what difference does it make.

66 posted on 9/21/2014 5:15:29 PM by Recompennation (Constitutional protection for all not ju st selectively for Democrats.)

quote:

To: norwaypinesavage
Those hard-working, responsible, tax-paying “white” people are completely responsible. They should open their wallets and empty them into the black hole (no racism implied) created by shiftless, stupid, unemployed degenerates. Why...the “whites should leave, giving their houses to the “less fortunate”{. It would only be “fair”. Maybe the “whites” should off them selves, making sure the “less fortunate” are the beneficiaries of their life insurance policies. That’s the ticket.

70 posted on 9/21/2014 5:27:05 PM by hal ogen (First Amendment or Reeducation Camp?)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 68 | View Replies]
Well at least he isn't implying racism with his sarcastic remarks :rolleyes:

quote:

I think the quality of life for the community of whites is just as important as it is for blacks, and when those whites are footing the bill through taxes already, they are entitled to do whatever they can do to have a good quality of life for themselves and their families.

I’m sick of seeing the narrative framed around “what does it do for blacks?”. Whites live in this country and pay the majority of taxes by far, not to mention all the affirmative action, quotas, etc, they have to make way for.

What whites want and need, especially when they’re paying for it, is relevant too. I’m sick of seeing the question always framed as “what does it do for blacks, and what have you done for them lately?”

74 posted on 9/21/2014 5:38:02 PM by mrsmel (One Who Can See)

quote:

To: Verginius Rufus
Then the only escape will be to live way out in the country.
Soon to arrive self-driving cars are in the news but self-flying airplanes are next. These will enable middle class families to live triple the distance from the nearest dirty, noisy, crime-ridden, drug infested, Democrat voting city work hub. Adjusting for speed differences, travel by airplane is the most energy efficient mode of transportation ever invented.

84 posted on 9/22/2014 3:51:59 AM by Reeses
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 40 | View Replies]
If these self-flying airplanes mean I live further from freepers then I am all for it

Ninjasaurus
Feb 11, 2014

quote:

21 posted on 9/21/2014 2:44:12 PM by Fightin Whitey

This but unironically.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Freepers: I am 'sorry' she got shot

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

SubponticatePoster posted:

Yeah, I've seen some dumb poo poo here but that made my eyes cross.

Robert Shaw's progressive, modern Muslim regime being overthrown was what made him go into acting, what's the mystery here?

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

Only if they pay taxes.

Why do we allow non-tax paying adults to vote?
They will always vote for politicians who will handout our tax money to the freeloaders.

7 posted on 9/19/2014 6:00:08 PM by entropy12 (Marxist, race baiter, community organizer Obummer is a 8 year curse on the country.)
"That's why I only vote for whomever doesn't promise to do anything for me and delivers nothing"

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

quote:

Only if they pay taxes.

Why do we allow non-tax paying adults to vote?
They will always vote for politicians who will handout our tax money to the freeloaders.

7 posted on 9/19/2014 6:00:08 PM by entropy12 (Marxist, race baiter, community organizer Obummer is a 8 year curse on the country.)

Now I know nothing of the american tax system, but confirm for me that poor people in the states still pay a shitload of taxes, especially those kinds of taxes such as sales tax that hit poor people proportionally heavier?

I mean, I know the answer, but I just want some counterweight to the sheer ill-informed madness that your right-wing politicians foist on people like freepers.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Erenthal posted:

Now I know nothing of the american tax system, but confirm for me that poor people in the states still pay a shitload of taxes, especially those kinds of taxes such as sales tax that hit poor people proportionally heavier?

I mean, I know the answer, but I just want some counterweight to the sheer ill-informed madness that your right-wing politicians foist on people like freepers.

Yes. All sorts of taxes local, state, and federal, and usually in far larger proportion to their earnings than the wealthy, just not income tax.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Erenthal posted:

They think the only taxes worth a drat are income and property. The GOP did a drat good job of selling the consumption tax which does indeed Maxxx Steel the poor into the ground.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.
Poor people may not pay net federal income tax after rebates and stuff but they still pay payroll tax if they are employed, sales tax, state income tax if they live in a state that has it, property tax, fuel tax if they ever fill up a car, etc.

• Locked thread