Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

I dropped from around 2500 to 3300 overnight. The higher you get the slower your progress so it probably works out to a similar amount of work to get back to where you were before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

I went from 4,000 to 6,500 last night, after going 9,000 to 16,000 the night before. I'm aiming for the double epics.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Yeah I think we all are.

I just hit that annoying part in a levelup where your opponents tend to have maxed pro epics/maxed legendaries and random commons, making winning matches a bit of a crapshoot as you always lose if they don't send out their poo poo cards. Might have to try to artificially lower my level until I can max out my epic pro cards and not auto-lose those matchups. I have become the monster :negative:

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

DoctorDelaware posted:

I'm almost to Legendary+, and I haven't gotten an Epic drop (after my freebie.)

That makes me think I should just quit now.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
I got too many Rares and nothing to really combine and now I am hitting the card limit constantly unless I feed wrestlers other dudes every few matches

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Feed a Rare, then feed it to whatever you pick up next? There'll be some loss of XP, but you still keep a lot of the XP you put in.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

MotU posted:

I got too many Rares and nothing to really combine and now I am hitting the card limit constantly unless I feed wrestlers other dudes every few matches

why are you not constantly training the ones you actually like to the maximum? Why do you keep cards around that aren't in your KOTR?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Some people like to fill out the Card Catalog. Settle down.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

Toshimo posted:

Some people like to fill out the Card Catalog. Settle down.

Once you get a card and the pro version it's always checked off in your catalog, though. Holding onto it afterward, unless it's part of your exhibition or KOTR team, does nothing but take up space.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

BlueArmyMan posted:

Once you get a card and the pro version it's always checked off in your catalog, though. Holding onto it afterward, unless it's part of your exhibition or KOTR team, does nothing but take up space.

Go reread the original complaint. He doesn't have the duplicates to combine to check off the pros.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
Actually it is because I literally just started playing Friday and got stuck in a KOTR right off the bat so I haven't actually formulated a KOTR team for my actual bracket. I got P-R Orton, Kane, Hulk and Yoko now though!

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax
I just wanted to share that I am straight up MURDERING this king of the ring.

The 1 in 41-1 is the number 2 standing and maybe the only other player paying attention to the tourney,

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Cyberball 2072 posted:

I just wanted to share that I am straight up MURDERING this king of the ring.

The 1 in 41-1 is the number 2 standing and maybe the only other player paying attention to the tourney,

I did a KOTR over the weekend and was similarly murdering it all the way to the final match. I won the first game then the other guy swapped out his team for a much stronger team and proceeded to murder me 3-0 in the next two games :argh: I still got a pair of SR Andres out of it which handily replaced my R Brock Lesnar in my lineup so I can't complain too much but it still sucked getting stomped at the last minute like that.

e - current lineup is

Pro SR Andre
Pro R Big Show
SR Christian
SR Hogan
Pro R Paige

all max levels and consistently winning enough matches to keep me happy but I'm not looking forward to having to grind through more KOTR's to get enough SR pairs to get up to the next tier in the game.

I was hoping to finish in the top 10k of the Cena v Lesnar thing but I've slipped from ~7k to ~14k in the rankings just while I've been at work today so I don't think I can physically play enough matches in the next 24 hours to end the thing with a decent rank.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

The People's Challenge came on the perfect weekend for me. I had nothing to do but laze around, so I could watch things while grinding through matches. Needing to get to the 2nd SR Paige helped motivate doing it.

Sitting at 1100, hoping that I don't lose enough ground over the next ~16 hours to not be able to grind back into the Epic pair.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

My KotR just finished, I stopped paying attention and lost in the quarter finals. Fair enough.

My prize? A UR Nikki.

90% of supercard players would love that.

I, on the other hand, have a pro SR. AJ and a maxed UR Brie already.

Why can't I twin magic in supercard?

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Great White Hope posted:

The People's Challenge came on the perfect weekend for me. I had nothing to do but laze around, so I could watch things while grinding through matches. Needing to get to the 2nd SR Paige helped motivate doing it.

Sitting at 1100, hoping that I don't lose enough ground over the next ~16 hours to not be able to grind back into the Epic pair.

How many points do you have? Just wondering about the ballpark I'd need to get to for the epic pair from rank 5500.

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

In the Chamber of Understanding

SilverMike posted:

How many points do you have? Just wondering about the ballpark I'd need to get to for the epic pair from rank 5500.

I'm around rank 1200 at 3000 points, to give you an idea.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Thanks. It's not completely out of reach from 1743 points, but drat if that won't be annoying to get. Turns out wanting to level cards is a good way to shoot up event ranks!

KidneyKai
Nov 6, 2010
What is a better prize in the long run?

1x Epic Card and 1x Ultra Rare Support

Or

2x Ultra Rare Cards?

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

KidneyKai posted:

What is a better prize in the long run?

1x Epic Card and 1x Ultra Rare Support

Or

2x Ultra Rare Cards?

I imagine 2 ultra rare cards when maxed out would be better. I'm in the same boat with the tourney. I'm at about 26000 points and I know if I grind at it this evening I could probably get an Ultra Rare Lesnar, but I think I'd rather just have the pare of super rare pros.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

CopywrightMMXI posted:

I imagine 2 ultra rare cards when maxed out would be better. I'm in the same boat with the tourney. I'm at about 26000 points and I know if I grind at it this evening I could probably get an Ultra Rare Lesnar, but I think I'd rather just have the pare of super rare pros.

Pros can take out regular (even max leveled) of the next tier up. The chance to get a good Pro card eventually is worth it.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
I was screwing around with 2k14 last night... anything new going on within the CAW community as of late?

Jayou
Mar 14, 2007

Sparkly Vampires are Wrestlicious!
The "WWE2k15 Gameplay Trailer" is up on IGN...

http://uk.ign.com/videos/2014/09/22/wwe-2k15-first-official-gameplay-trailer

No hints of NXT in the gameplay trailer - So Im guessing a second trailer will be on the show tonight? Otherwise the Next Generation thing doesnt make a whole lot of sense. Though as always with WWE, I am prepare to be disappointed.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Other than the stuff with the Wyatts, yup, that sure was a whole lot of nothing special. With Kid Rock!

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Jayou posted:

No hints of NXT in the gameplay trailer - So Im guessing a second trailer will be on the show tonight? Otherwise the Next Generation thing doesnt make a whole lot of sense. Though as always with WWE, I am prepare to be disappointed.

next generation can also refer to the new consoles that they are being put out on for the first time

also the only thing Daniel Bryan was in the trailer for was to be Pedigreed

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Jayou posted:

For what it is worth, Rusev was not announced in the trailer originally so he's probably part of NXT.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Bard Maddox posted:

also the only thing Daniel Bryan was in the trailer for was to be Pedigreed

They showed his yes on the turnbuckle.

Some of the new moves looked neat but otherwise barely a new coat of paint.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Got second in an UR KOTR! A new pair is mine!

...oh it's a pair of Jack Swaggers. Aww.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

harperdc posted:

Got second in an UR KOTR! A new pair is mine!

...oh it's a pair of Jack Swaggers. Aww.

Uh, Jack Swagger is dope as hell.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Snacksmaniac posted:

They showed his yes on the turnbuckle.

Some of the new moves looked neat but otherwise barely a new coat of paint.

We already knew it was in, but I do like the desperate crawl into a one handed cover.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
on the Network schedule for tonight after Raw there's a 2K15 roster reveal so there will probably be more information there

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

Bard Maddox posted:

on the Network schedule for tonight after Raw there's a 2K15 roster reveal so there will probably be more information there

Well, it says 'Hosted by Stone Cold and Renee Young', so I think it's just the Summerslam panel that they're airing.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Finally got an UR human being thanks to getting into the first round of KOTR. It's Naomi. I'll take that. My R Pro AJ was starting to get middling, and the drive to get the second SR Paige is less crucial.

Naomi and a ladder. Ooh, yeah, dig it.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Bard Maddox posted:

No there won't, it's just the same stream we watched before Summer Slam.

Guh, should i have expected anything more from the "trailer"? It's still dynamic camera angles and not real gameplay.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Jayou posted:

Okay admittedly I'm a bit hyped for this but it looks like everyone has already said... same game, new coat of paint.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
I'm getting tired of constantly hitting the card limit. People's Champ needs to end so I can feed all of these drat Rares to my prize!

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Man my supercard ios app keeps crashing lately. Killing it and restarting doesn't seem to help

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

Blasmeister posted:

Man my supercard ios app keeps crashing lately. Killing it and restarting doesn't seem to help

Yeah, I have to reboot my phone and it usually works after that. I'm guessing there's something with iOS8 that the app doesn't like.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Bhester posted:

Yeah, I have to reboot my phone and it usually works after that. I'm guessing there's something with iOS8 that the app doesn't like.

I don't have even have iOS 8 on my ipad, so I don't think that's it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

Jayou posted:

Huh, they got Rob Liefeld to design Hogan