Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

I have been crushing my backlog lately, I know this will stop when Hyrule Warriors comes out, I wish I had more time.... Why Nintendo, Why?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Austrian mook posted:

I like Miyamoto but he really needs to stop re-inventing the wheel. Sticker Star was George Lucas levels of not understanding the appeal of your product.

I heard that one was in response to club Nintendo survey feedback. Probably an overcorrection for Super Paper Mario, which is too bad.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I hate Wii Motion controls - way too inaccurate and fiddly for my taste.

But I checked out the motion/gyropad controls on the gamepad with NintendoLand and found it to work way, way better. I'm not sure if its the placebo effect or the technology has really improved, but it felt much more intuitive.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Hyrule Warriors DLC Stuff

There's 4 packs of paid DLC in the pipeline. Based on what was announced for Japan, the DLC will likely be:
  • Master Quest Pack: New weapon, scenario, adventure map, and two costumes
  • Twilight Princess Pack: New character, weapon, adventure map, and two costumes
  • Majora's Mask Pack: Two new characters, adventure map, and three costumes
  • Boss Pack: Two new games modes
There will be a season pass of all four packs for $20 on the eShop. Going that route also scores you a Dark Link costume.

There's also free DLC announced for October 16th which will make 4 of the villains playable.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Groose or tantrum.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I really want to know what they mean by 'Adventure Map', if it's just another stage for the existing Adventure mode then eh, if it's a whole new map of stages then :aaaaa:

Death By Yogurt
Apr 3, 2007

Hope the Majora's Mask DLC lets me gently caress poo poo up as Deku Link.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Or they can not waste a slot on deku link, and give us tingle and skull kid.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
I hope they add in Isabelle.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Still not getting Hyrule Warriors until Tingle and Groose are added. NINTENDO YOU'RE CRUISING FOR A GROOSING.

Also this

elf help book posted:

I hope they add in Isabelle.

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem

mabels big day posted:

Or they can not waste a slot on deku link, and give us tingle and skull kid.

These characters would probably be the best two choices for Majora's Mask characters. Either that or, like, Happy Mask Salesman and Bombers Society or whatever. More Links would seem unnecessary.

I wouldn't be surprised if Link gets a Fierce Deity costume, though.

thedouche
Mar 20, 2007
Greetings from thedouche

:dukedog:
So weird that much like Link's inclusion making me play a fighting game (SC2, ie the only console specific bonus character that made sense), Link makes me want to play a Dynasty Warriors.

Seriously, they did a great job with Link in SC2.

All Frogs
Sep 18, 2014

I've been on the fence about picking up Hyrule Warriors, but I spent the better part of last year playing through various Musou/Warriors games and I was starting to get burned out. That Majora's Mask DLC is definitely tempting though. I might end up buying the game sooner than later, I think.

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

Fierce Deity Link DLC? That would be radd as well.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
Are any of the other Mega Man X games good? Mega Man X was so good, I've beaten it twice since I got it a week or so ago, and I'm hoping (but not expecting) that at least one of the other Mega Man X games is good.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Fremry posted:

Are any of the other Mega Man X games good? Mega Man X was so good, I've beaten it twice since I got it a week or so ago, and I'm hoping (but not expecting) that at least one of the other Mega Man X games is good.

X2 and X3 are both nearly as good as X.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

X2 is great and is in my (admittedly uncommon) opinion to be even better if not as memorable as X1.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Mega Man X1-4 are all pretty great and worth playing. X5 is alright but flawed. It's worth noting it was gonna be the last one in the series but it was rushed so all the dramatic moments in it don't really feel like much. It's still okay though and has the best names of any characters in the series. X6 and X7 are horrid. X6 is just as rushed as 5 and introduced this randomized hazard system that is just not fun and can make some levels randomly unplayable. X7 added 3D but did it really, really badly and even if you discount that it's just mostly really terrible. X8 is pretty great and worth playing.

I_Like_Me
Dec 26, 2004
So what are the odds of getting an Earthbound discount for week four of the smash sale?

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
Thanks for the Mega Man X responses. I'll start with X2.

I_Like_Me posted:

So what are the odds of getting an Earthbound discount for week four of the smash sale?

Considering that none of the characters for week 4 are from Earthbound, I'd say 0%.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Ness is also supposed to be a secret character, technically, so I doubt they'd just reveal him so unceremoniously via sale.

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.
Lana already has a deku themed weapon. I don't think adding deku Link would be bringing much to the table if they're anything alike. I would prefer Skull Kid. Also, Fierce Deity costume for Link. :allears:

I_Like_Me
Dec 26, 2004

Fremry posted:

Thanks for the Mega Man X responses. I'll start with X2.

Considering that none of the characters for week 4 are from Earthbound, I'd say 0%.

Ugh. I saw the villager and mistook him for Ness...

mamelon
Oct 9, 2010

by Lowtax

iastudent posted:

There will be a season pass of all four packs for $20 on the eShop. Going that route also scores you a Dark Link costume.

My guess is that it's an easier skin to create, but man... Dark Link is so boring to me. Where's my bed head/lobster shirt Link? Or LTTP blue mail with rad yellow hat? Heck even LTTP green mail: Link ain't got time for pants!

Just being whiny, I am excited as poo poo about this game.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

The Dark Link skin is unlocked and usable right away as soon as you buy the season pack. So it's basically like the different coloured Yoshis and Shy Guys you got for preordering both Mario Kart 8 dlc packs. I'm sure the extra costumes in the dlc proper will be less :effort:

Of course that comparison just makes me think they should've done it with every character, it wouldn't be hard. I've already run into Dark Agitha in Adventure Mode, I'm sure there are more in there too :allears:

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Ausgoons Only relevance, but Target is selling a few Wii U games for $10 less than usual including Mario Kart 8 and Hyrule Warriors.

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

Crawfish posted:

Ausgoons Only relevance, but Target is selling a few Wii U games for $10 less than usual including Mario Kart 8 and Hyrule Warriors.

Thanks for this, I've been waiting for a sale on Donkey Kong for quite a while.

MykonosFan
Sep 9, 2012

Hows my homies training
going? Whaa? Hey! What
are you doing Ronald?

I REALLY hope Skull Kid is in the Majora's Mask DLC pack. I may not have gotten him in Smash, but if I can play as him in Hyrule Warriors then that's worth the price of admission for me.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

iastudent posted:

There's also free DLC announced for October 16th which will make 4 of the villains playable.

Volga, Cia, Wizro and who else?

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
I think I might have lost my gamecube memory card, so I'm gonna need once since I feel like going around mario sunshine and RE4 again. What's the best way to get one?

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva

Austrian mook posted:

I think I might have lost my gamecube memory card, so I'm gonna need once since I feel like going around mario sunshine and RE4 again. What's the best way to get one?

Local retro game store? Probably ebay really, I think they go for about $8 for an official one.

Shelf Adventure
Jul 18, 2006
I'm down with that brother

Austrian mook posted:

Shout really hard into the sky and hope the gods hear you.

Or just buy one online

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Austrian mook posted:

dolphin emulator

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Hey Eurogoons, guess what just got added to the Club Nintendo star catalogue:

It includes all 46 tracks. Only 2000 star points, too! Get 'em while they're still hot! :dance:

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

DrPaper posted:

We know that Zant, Ghirahim and Ganondorf are already playable out of the box, and Skull Kid will probably be the Majora's Mask DLC so I'm thinking:

Vaati, The Original Character Villain(s), and Aghanim or whatever (wizard from LTTP).

MykonosFan
Sep 9, 2012

Hows my homies training
going? Whaa? Hey! What
are you doing Ronald?

JordanKai posted:

It includes all 46 tracks. Only 2000 star points, too! Get 'em while they're still hot! :dance:

Well, looks like I'll be hitting up eBay in a week or so...

Doc V
Mar 20, 2010

DrPaper posted:

No one. The free DLC only has the three original villains, the "fourth character" is Gamespot's Quality Games Journalism at work.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

JordanKai posted:

Grabbed it, thanks :dance:

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

JordanKai posted:

I did all my outstanding surveys and have 1100. I blew a lot of my hoard on the 3D World soundtrack a few months ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

mabels big day posted:

These are extremely outrageous opinions about the Mario Galaxy music. Sheesh.

Here's a cool video about Gusty Garden Galaxy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGCEX0FXpeQ

Good post, thanks for making this good post.

• Locked thread