Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

muscles like this? posted:

Somebody at either Take 2 or Rockstar said that they still see RDR as a viable franchise. So even though we haven't had anything for a while they haven't given up on it yet.

RDR made a hojillion dollars. It's probably the first non-GTA game from Rockstar that was a massive hit. You can absolutely expect a sequel, though no way they'll ever top RDR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Reverse Centaur posted:

I dunno how you can call GTA V uninteresting. If you assume it's like 4 and never played it I guess...

It is like 4.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Aphrodite posted:

It is like 4.
It's way better than 4, though.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There story has fewer issues but it plays the same.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It's a better game than 4 but not tremendously significantly so and there have been five years for other developers with smaller budgets to do more interesting things with the genre, including Rockstar themselves.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
I thought it was miles better than 4 just based on character movement and driving model alone.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

blackguy32 posted:

I thought it was miles better than 4 just based on character movement and driving model alone.

Character movement in GTA4 is the worst. I can't go back and play it, even though I want to.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I hated 4 and consider 5 maybe my favourite game of all time. I loved San Andreas (but not as much) and liked Vice City.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
Questions about joysticks. The default ones suck rear end because my fingers keep slipping off, and I know you can replace them with xbone ones but I just tested them out and they suck rear end too. My sixaxis ps3 controllers are my favorite. Any suggestions?

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

JoeyJoJoJr Shabadoo posted:

Questions about joysticks. The default ones suck rear end because my fingers keep slipping off, and I know you can replace them with xbone ones but I just tested them out and they suck rear end too. My sixaxis ps3 controllers are my favorite. Any suggestions?

KontrolFreek CQCs rise the stick only by a little bit(I prefer the Ultra's height though) and make it concave, which is easier to keep your thumb on.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

GTA5 was a blast for as long as the story lasted.
Once you finished, there were very little side-quests that interested me. It's amazing riding through the miles and miles of beautiful countryside with little hidden landmarks and interesting views. Problem is, what do you even do out there?

I guess they figured GTA Online was good enough for fleshing out the empty map space with missions/races.

At least Saints Row placed enough little minigames all over the map.

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost

JoeyJoJoJr Shabadoo posted:

Search around for stick-covers. There is an impressively wide range of options available, and basically going for peanuts. For example, I nabbed these...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/ORB-Controller-Thumb-Grips-4-Pack/dp/B00GH7UA32

...and haven't looked back. I use the bumpy-topped ones. No problems with grip, and they remain comfy even after ours of use, and they seem hard-wearing.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Is Sony still doing the free controller replacement if your stick rubber wears off? I got this at launch but it's taken until now to become a problem.

If they are, where do I apply for it?

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

JazzFlight posted:

GTA5 was a blast for as long as the story lasted.
Once you finished, there were very little side-quests that interested me. It's amazing riding through the miles and miles of beautiful countryside with little hidden landmarks and interesting views. Problem is, what do you even do out there?

I guess they figured GTA Online was good enough for fleshing out the empty map space with missions/races.

At least Saints Row placed enough little minigames all over the map.

As much as I poo poo on GTA online at times, its not because there isn't anything to do in it. There are some modes in it that are a blast, and they do seem to keep adding stuff. Im kind of excited to jump back in when its released on PS4.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I love GTA games but I feel like oversaturation of modern crime games had a effect on Rockstar, even though it wasn't their fault in the slightest. That's why I always enjoyed the "Trip Back in Time" games way more.

inSTAALed
Feb 3, 2008

MOP

n'

SLOP
FIFA 15 comes out tomorrow for anybody interested and not aware. The game feels a lot better to play than FIFA 14 did based off of the demo, even with the bugged long shooting that has been fixed since then. The graphics are also very pretty. If you are looking for a fun sportsman game, it is probably worth giving the demo a shot.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Would it be okay to get The last of Us used ? I'm not sure how the DLC works with it. Is it all on disc ?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Dirt Taco Scuba posted:

Would it be okay to get The last of Us used ? I'm not sure how the DLC works with it. Is it all on disc ?
Yep. Left Behind is the story DLC and that's included on the disc.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

It's all on disc.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

I've never played Pain, but GTAV is just the big budget version of that for me.

Just ragdolling off buildings, into people, and into pools all day. Maybe ride a bike around while giving people the finger.

I got sick of the story missions, but maybe I'll give it another go on the PS4 once I finally manage to survive cycling down the mountain.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

GTA Online is worth it for free-roaming with a buddy in a helicopter, landing only to rob convenience stores or grief random pubbies, then flying away again.

Shonuff
Sep 26, 2007
White like Frank Black is

inSTAALed posted:

FIFA 15 comes out tomorrow for anybody interested and not aware.

I'll be getting this, assuming there's nothing horribly broken. I'm a casual soccer fan at best but FIFA 14 was just so drat enjoyable to play.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

blackguy32 posted:

As much as I poo poo on GTA online at times, its not because there isn't anything to do in it. There are some modes in it that are a blast, and they do seem to keep adding stuff. Im kind of excited to jump back in when its released on PS4.

I'm looking forward to getting back into it as well. I've missed blowing up pubbie cars and motor biking away, cackling like a mad man. They get so cross.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Pretty sure that now you have to pay the insurance fee or whatever for player-owned vehicles you destroy.

Zip
Mar 19, 2006

I'm still going to get it because I really love Frozen Synapse...

But I don't understand why they changed all the models to the ugly looking robot skeletons and gross backgrounds for Frozen Synapse Prime.

If it plays like FS I will be happy. That game should have kept similar looks and themes. It was perfect already.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

the truth posted:

Pretty sure that now you have to pay the insurance fee or whatever for player-owned vehicles you destroy.

Oh you always had to do that, but the rage it generated was always worth it.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

the truth posted:

Good news!As of right now if a player is in their car you don't pay insurance for destroying it nor do you get bad sport points!

sock it to me!
Feb 7, 2010
A question for Gold headset owners: if I had the gold headset, could I use it for netflix and amazon prime or just for gaming?

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Capoeira Capybara posted:

A question for Gold headset owners: if I had the gold headset, could I use it for netflix and amazon prime or just for gaming?

It works with everything

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
Can you check which trophies youve attained using a PC's web browser?

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

I hate having to switch from my elgato every time I want to watch netflix. I get why they do it but drat, man. Never had that issue with the 360.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Nierbo posted:

https://secure.us.playstation.com/logged-in/trophies/

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Nierbo posted:

Wrong thread, the Xbone is the one that gives trophies for using the browser.

(I don't know.)

a cop posted:

I hate having to switch from my elgato every time I want to watch netflix. I get why they do it but drat, man. Never had that issue with the 360.

The 360 and PS3 came out before HDMI was finalized I think.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

The GTA series was hampered by Rockstar's seemingly idiotic desire to over-inject realism into their games during and after the GTA3/VC/SA generation. GTA4 suffered the most from this, with poo poo like the friends system everyone loves and the loss of a series staple, rampages. GTA5 was A LOT more fun and did a lot to redeem the series in my eyes after 4, but like someone else said, after the main story is over the fun drops off, fast. The side activities are really well done, but how many people want to play a full 9 rounds of golf in a game about shooting cops and killing hookers?

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
Based on the GTA discussion that has popped up on the last few pages, it's clear to me that what this gen needs is more Saint's Row. Thankfully, my prayers are being answered in January 2015.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Warframe actually seems kinda cool -- made it through what I assume is the tutorial (beat the boss and regained control of my body or whatever) -- if I'm not trying to get super into it, I could do worse for a f2p game right? Is the community pretty active? I sat for a few minutes on "waiting for players" before I started missions and nobody ever showed up; I'm not sure if that's just an early-game problem, if I was doing something wrong, or if the playerbase is that sparse or what.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

goferchan posted:

Warframe actually seems kinda cool -- made it through what I assume is the tutorial (beat the boss and regained control of my body or whatever) -- if I'm not trying to get super into it, I could do worse for a f2p game right? Is the community pretty active? I sat for a few minutes on "waiting for players" before I started missions and nobody ever showed up; I'm not sure if that's just an early-game problem, if I was doing something wrong, or if the playerbase is that sparse or what.

Get in the PS4 goon squad. Pretty much the only time the player base touches most sectors is to complete it once, and then move on to defence, survival, and boss runs. Goons will also hook you up with all their extra poo poo so you don't have to grind as much for important mods.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Get in the PS4 goon squad. Pretty much the only time the player base touches most sectors is to complete it once, and then move on to defence, survival, and boss runs. Goons will also hook you up with all their extra poo poo so you don't have to grind as much for important mods.

Sweet, I'll check the thread out! I never get really deep into games like this but the combat and unlock system seemed fun and I'd love a chance to properly check out the multiplayer. If goons are able to hook stuff up I guess most everything is tradable/there's a player economy? That's a major plus for me

Darth Ballz
Apr 30, 2003
Feel the burn

Morby posted:

Based on the GTA discussion that has popped up on the last few pages, it's clear to me that what this gen needs is more Saint's Row. Thankfully, my prayers are being answered in January 2015.

More Saints Row 2 and much less Saints Row 3, 4, and whatever please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
A remake of 2 (or possibly a game that incorporates the content of 1 and 2? is what the Saints Row franchise needs the most, I think.

• Locked thread