Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Astro Nut posted:

Flash starts October 7th, Arrow on the 8th.

They were both supposed to start on the 8th, but the Flash just to the TV earlier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babygravy
Jun 12, 2014

I am the gravy

bunnyofdoom posted:

So when does the season of this start, and same for the Flash?

Unofficially it started when it hit pirate bay.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

I really don't know how I'll keep up. I've never been this excited for TV.

incredible bear
Jul 10, 2005

doing the bear maximum
:britain: Still no airdate confirmed by Sky1, but both shows confirmed to air in October with a quick google suggesting possibly on the same date, the 20th.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Nick Tarabay coming to Arrow is great, really looking forward to him, hopefully he'll get be reoccurring.

What would really push things over the edge is if they could get John Hannah in there somewhere.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Blackchamber posted:

Nick Tarabay coming to Arrow is great, really looking forward to him, hopefully he'll get be reoccurring.

What would really push things over the edge is if they could get John Hannah in there somewhere.

Do a Green Lantern spin-off, and in the episode of Arrow where he's introduced, have John Hannah as Sinestro.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

BreakAtmo posted:

Do a Green Lantern spin-off, and in the episode of Arrow where he's introduced, have John Hannah as Sinestro.

John STEWART Diggle, I'm telling you! It'll finally give Diggle something interesting to do, since Ollie doesn't really need him around anymore.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

John STEWART Diggle

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Stumbling through Season 1 finally, holy poo poo the island scenes are so good. I've learned not to expect actual payout with these things, but drat I'm like 20 episodes in and this is some seriously cool poo poo. Aussie and Asian badasses help dirty dirty richboy survive against Nazi whoever stand-ins. It's like maybe 10 minutes an episode but it is outstandingly good television. I keep waiting for Slade to die and he keeps doesn't and it's thrilling every time.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

kater posted:

Stumbling through Season 1 finally, holy poo poo the island scenes are so good. I've learned not to expect actual payout with these things, but drat I'm like 20 episodes in and this is some seriously cool poo poo. Aussie and Asian badasses help dirty dirty richboy survive against Nazi whoever stand-ins. It's like maybe 10 minutes an episode but it is outstandingly good television. I keep waiting for Slade to die and he keeps doesn't and it's thrilling every time.

So you haven't seen Season 2 yet? Season one, as good as it was, is garbage compared to the glory that awaits you in season 2. Just binge through the whole thing.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

kater posted:

I hope that one day someone packages up all the island scenes by themselves into a watchable form. I bet they'd work really well even without the context of the rest of the episode. It'd be something really fun to watch after the series ends, or something.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
If you need more Arrow, you can watch a bunch of deleted scenes from season 2 here. Most of them are just folks talking, some of them are kinda fun, at least one of them features Roy getting his rear end kicked by Nyssa. :buddy:

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007

kater posted:

I'm getting through S1 and the Island stuff is much stronger than I expected. Seeing Ollie flip and pull a fighting move on a guy for the 1st time was satisfying.

BarbarousBertha
Aug 2, 2007

BrianWilly posted:

If you need more Arrow, you can watch a bunch of deleted scenes from season 2 here. Most of them are just folks talking, some of them are kinda fun, at least one of them features Roy getting his rear end kicked by Nyssa. :buddy:

All the talky scenes seem to directly address stuff people had issues with as the season played out, especially relating to how Thea was left in the dark. Kind of a shame, but other than the writers making those little scenes much shorter (so they don't kill the episode's pacing) I don't see how they could have been left in place.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I reserved the new Arrow thread for this season and have yet to get around to it. I will eventually before it starts unless someone else really wants to give it a try. I've been low on time lately and just haven't been able to devote much time to reading and posting. So if you have a good idea in mind for an OP let me know. If nobody says anything by a week before it starts I'll make myself get it done.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Just make sure your OP has Deathstroke dancing or it will suck

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rocksicles posted:

Just make sure your OP has Deathstroke dancing or it will suck

Probably a video link for sure. That gif is huge and coupled with other gifs might be a bit overwhelming for some people.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's a CW show. gifs come with the territory. ain't no 56k'er in this thread.

#gedherdone

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
Pfft, buncha losers with lovely computers deserve what they're getting.

Also doesn't S3 not start until like the first week of October? You still got some time.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Deadpool posted:

Probably a video link for sure. That gif is huge and coupled with other gifs might be a bit overwhelming for some people.

I don't understand, why would there be anything else in the OP besides the dancing gif? Or do you mean like smaller dancing gifs that make up a border around the main, big one?

kater
Nov 16, 2010

The Lord Bude posted:

So you haven't seen Season 2 yet? Season one, as good as it was, is garbage compared to the glory that awaits you in season 2. Just binge through the whole thing.

No I haven't. I'm quite smitten with the show as I'm closing S1, even if it means having to accept a few glaring realities of television concessions. I can't decide if I wanna burn $30 and buy Season 2 on Amazon instead of waiting the two weeks for it to show up on Netflix. Why would they delay the airing until the freakin new season started.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

kater posted:

No I haven't. I'm quite smitten with the show as I'm closing S1, even if it means having to accept a few glaring realities of television concessions. I can't decide if I wanna burn $30 and buy Season 2 on Amazon instead of waiting the two weeks for it to show up on Netflix. Why would they delay the airing until the freakin new season started.

Do it. You need to binge through season 2 before season 1 starts. It's well worth it. Please keep posting your thoughts as you watch it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

kater posted:

Because people who watch on Netflix don't pay anything to them.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

The Lord Bude posted:

Do it. You need to binge through season 2 before season 1 starts. It's well worth it. Please keep posting your thoughts as you watch it.

It's hard to believe how rad Season 2 is if you just finished 1 with how awesome it was at the end. There's some slow patches in the middle but drat Season 2 is great.

Pierce and Pierce
Jul 1, 2007
Murders and Executions

Aphrodite posted:

Because people who watch on Netflix don't pay anything to them.

Sure they do. Just not directly and likely not as much.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Netflix doesn't license per user.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
I'm watching season 2 now and I got to know, what happened to Dig getting kidnapped by Slade's goons? He definitely got kidnapped after Slade did his stuff at the X-Mansion, but the next episode Dig's just there as normal. Most of this season's been really good so what the gently caress.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

dordreff posted:

I'm watching season 2 now and I got to know, what happened to Dig getting kidnapped by Slade's goons? He definitely got kidnapped after Slade did his stuff at the X-Mansion, but the next episode Dig's just there as normal. Most of this season's been really good so what the gently caress.

I think he was just knocked out.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Yeah, they just clubbed him and moved on

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Bad Moon posted:

Yeah, they just clubbed him and moved on

Oh, ok. The whole "He's not dead... YET" thing seemed very much like he'd been kidnapped to be held over Ollie's head but I guess not.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
Did Dingle actually do anything last season?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

e X posted:

Did Dingle actually do anything last season?

Knocked up his ex-wife, lead the Suicide Squad, looked up HIV on Bing?

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Had some cool heart to hearts with people, was generally dependable, had possibly the greatest line of the season with "It could be worse. My secret identity is his black driver.".

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I guess the great Arrow/Flash thread schism will soon be upon us but for now: The CW has ordered three more Flash scripts so that's a good sign that execs like what they've seen so far.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

zoux posted:

I guess the great Arrow/Flash thread schism will soon be upon us but for now: The CW has ordered three more Flash scripts so that's a good sign that execs like what they've seen so far.

I thought they'd already ordered a full season; what was the initial order?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Not sure in this case, but I think initial orders are usually for a half season (10-12) before getting picked up for a full season.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Standard practice is 13, I believe.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Yeah, should be about 12-13 episodes. October to December is about 12-13 weeks in time for a big "midseason finale."

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Sorry for double-posting, but the Season 2 finale is airing on the CW right now and Amell is live-tweeting throughout it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
The way The CW does its schedule, they usually get through 8-9 episodes of shows in the fall. That means they're already planning on having Flash episodes ready for 2015. A good sign, but not a surprising one.

• Locked thread