Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

big duck equals goose posted:

I don't mean to be crass or interrupting your thread of nonstop "Waa people are dumb because they dislike liberal things" or whatever. But come on... None of you are going to defend McDonalds coffee? I'm shocked and disgusted. I hate fast food too, but the mere thought of that poster saying McDonalds coffee is "Like a unwashed sock" and no one calling him out right afterwards fills me with dread for humanity and it's future.

I currently make my coffee by putting a reusable filter in a large measuring cup, pouring boiling water over it, leaving it long enough that it looks like it's brewed enough, then drinking it out of said measuring cup.

I don't think I'm qualified to comment on coffee quality right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

I don't mean to be crass or interrupting your thread of nonstop "Waa people are dumb because they dislike liberal things" or whatever. But come on... None of you are going to defend McDonalds coffee? I'm shocked and disgusted. I hate fast food too, but the mere thought of that poster saying McDonalds coffee is "Like a unwashed sock" and no one calling him out right afterwards fills me with dread for humanity and it's future.

Dude, it's not the coffee that is like an unwashed sock. The implication is that it is filtered by an old gym sock. Like just picture someone taking a dingy old tube sock and pouring coffee grounds into it

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW

Crain posted:

I currently make my coffee by putting a reusable filter in a large measuring cup, pouring boiling water over it, leaving it long enough that it looks like it's brewed enough, then drinking it out of said measuring cup.

I don't think I'm qualified to comment on coffee quality right now.

Eha, that's ok. You are a honest man living an honest life. I respect that.

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Dude, it's not the coffee that is like an unwashed sock. The implication is that it is filtered by an old gym sock. Like just picture someone taking a dingy old tube sock and pouring coffee grounds into it

That's even worse!

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I think it's time you answer for your coffee crimes, big duck equals goose.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day

ol qwerty bastard posted:

Is this a pyramid scheme but with books? Because it sounds like a pyramid scheme but with books.

Yes. My mom did something like this in the 80s but with $1 scratch off lottery tickets. She seemed to have a pretty steady flow of them coming in for a while, too.

Then again she and her friends were just doing it for fun, not to get rich or anything.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

I demand you apologize for the most ignorant statement ever made, poster Byzantine.

I'll apologize on his behalf. I'm very sorry for your poo poo taste in garbage coffee. Hopefully the sweet embrace of death will relieve you of this horrific burden.

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW

Who What Now posted:

I'll apologize on his behalf. I'm very sorry for your poo poo taste in garbage coffee. Hopefully the sweet embrace of death will relieve you of this horrific burden.

Mmm... that doesn't sound like an apology at all...

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

On the one hand, only women can cook properly. On the other hand, women have no place in the work force.

I'm going to have to say, then, that McDonalds coffee is unacceptable.

Sincerely
Dick Dorkins

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:
Most unfunny derail of the year.

Post your worst : derail.

Nikaer Drekin
Oct 11, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

We're all laughing, you can go now

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

ol qwerty bastard posted:

Is this a pyramid scheme but with books? Because it sounds like a pyramid scheme but with books.

That doesn't even work she gets 36 books total, she can't send them to everyone and :tizzy:

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

Shugojin posted:

That doesn't even work she gets 36 books total, she can't send them to everyone and :tizzy:

Sure it does. What you do is you send them to one person, they go "cool, I got a bunch of books", which encourages more people to send you books, which enables you to send more people their books. After a while, lots of people are posting "sweet, I got a ton of books" and even more people are sending you books.

And then you take all those books and vanish.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

kazil posted:

On the one hand, only women can cook properly. On the other hand, women have no place in the work force.

Sincerely
Dick Dorkins

'A woman's place is in the kitchen cooking, but men are the best chefs.'-My old boss who is surprisingly divorced.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Ensign Expendable posted:

Sure it does. What you do is you send them to one person, they go "cool, I got a bunch of books", which encourages more people to send you books, which enables you to send more people their books. After a while, lots of people are posting "sweet, I got a ton of books" and even more people are sending you books.

And then you take all those books and vanish.

I dunno how, she explicitly limits it to 6 moms sending 6 books each. She only has 36 books!

I'm thinking about this way too hard!

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
Then she's really bad at scams. Or has a lot of books to get rid of.

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

We can't keep the crowd waiting, can we?

Shugojin posted:

I dunno how, she explicitly limits it to 6 moms sending 6 books each. She only has 36 books!

I'm thinking about this way too hard!

Here, let me help: Pyramid schemes are for people who are bad at math. This can even apply to the people at the top of them. There, now you're free!

(I'm not being sarcastic - I have to remind myself "right, this is targeted at idiots" when I see something that doesn't make sense too)

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

'A woman's place is in the kitchen cooking, but men are the best chefs.'-My old boss who is surprisingly divorced.

Yes, but they're gay. :ssh:

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

There's a first-year poli sci student if I've ever seen one.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

He's a senior and going to law school next year. He's also a total tool.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

I see someone has been looking at tumblr instead of paying attention to lectures.

Insult Comic Barbie
Apr 21, 2010

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

I went to law school with people who argued this poo poo in class. I also went to law school with a woman who had Scalia's photograph printed out and pasted on all her school supplies. I don't know why I'd be surprised by that, since this was where people routinely stole books from the library to prevent other people from studying and scoring higher on the idiotic law school curve. Law school is the worst for "gently caress you, got mine" types.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

My brother is travelling the world taking photos of his forehead and I don't know if it's because he's an idiot or a comedic genius

The only comment even acknowledging it is one guy who said " My god! Your hair is amazing!....wait what's that in the background."

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

ThatPazuzu posted:

He's a senior and going to law school next year. He's also a total tool.

At least he's going to law school.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Reverse Centaur posted:

My brother is travelling the world taking photos of his forehead and I don't know if it's because he's an idiot or a comedic genius

The only comment even acknowledging it is one guy who said " My god! Your hair is amazing!....wait what's that in the background."

I feel like that might be :thejoke: but it's really hard to tell with idiots on facebook.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Reverse Centaur posted:

Definitely the latter. This is some kind of art.

Unless the main camera on his phone is broken.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
He's like some kind of cranial Wayne Gretzky

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Reverse Centaur posted:

This actually gets funnier every time I read it. I have a mysterious pain in my lower right abdomen, and the laughing feels like it is literally killing me.

Tell your brother some person on the Internet thinks he is brilliant. Keep some of the accolades for yourself, because the first half of that first sentence is the funniest thing I've read in days.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Yeah, your brother is hilarious. Totally on board with this.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Insult Comic Barbie posted:

I went to law school with people who argued this poo poo in class. I also went to law school with a woman who had Scalia's photograph printed out and pasted on all her school supplies. I don't know why I'd be surprised by that, since this was where people routinely stole books from the library to prevent other people from studying and scoring higher on the idiotic law school curve. Law school is the worst for "gently caress you, got mine" types.

"I'm not rich therefore I don't have any of this privilege everyone keeps talking about!"

If it's any consolation unless things have changed in the last few years, they're going to be in for a really nasty surprise when they get out of law school and try to actually launch a career.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Reverse Centaur posted:

Yeah this is actually brilliant. Your brother is cool.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
Oh, is it time to complain about people complaining about the Redskins racist name?

I'm C, don't know B, and A is pretty much just a complete idiot. I'm still not entirely sure what his point is, but it seems like a mix of concern trolling and "THE REAL RACISTS!"

Full initial post since it got cut off:

quote:

Frankly, I think some over zealous person just decided one day that "redskin" had to be an offensive term. If it was so offensive why would someone name their team that? A team mascot is supposed to be something you can take pride in and no team would call themselves something derogatory. In fact, the name was suggested by a player on the team who was a full-blooded Native American and the current logo was designed by a Native American chief. Many Native Americans have said that they don't find the name offensive and a lot of them are fans of the team. There are Native Americans who have come out and said that they take pride in the team name. And if you think about it, calling a Native American a redskin is no different than calling a European white or an African black. If it wasn't for all the attention this controversy is receiving most people would never think of the name as being potentially offensive. Most people don't consider the term "redskin" to be an offensive one but if the team changes their name than it will instantly become a racial slur.

"If we stop using it because it's a slur then it will always be a slur so we much spout as much slur as our slurring gobs can spray!" :psyduck:

The Time Dissolver
Nov 7, 2012

Are you a good person?

Crain posted:

quote:

Frankly, I think some over zealous person just decided one day that "redskin" had to be an offensive term. If it was so offensive why would someone name their team that?

Look at this. Look at it.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
Personally, if someone really thought friend of the family was an offensive term, why would they come up with niggertoe? I mean it just doesn't make any sense.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I'm not sure if this is just a genuine misunderstanding of science, or typical anti-climate change rambling. Considering the frequency of his Glenn Beck/The Blaze posts, I'm thinking the latter.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

The Time Dissolver posted:

quote:

Frankly, I think some over zealous person just decided one day that "redskin" had to be an offensive term. If it was so offensive why would someone name their team that?

Look at this. Look at it.

He is completely oblivious to the concept that you don't necessarily need to be malicious towards someone to be racist.

Of course if I point that out the answer will be "well then what's the problem if it's not malicious?" .

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

Murphy Brownback posted:

I'm not sure if this is just a genuine misunderstanding of science, or typical anti-climate change rambling. Considering the frequency of his Glenn Beck/The Blaze posts, I'm thinking the latter.

Most people don't understand buoyancy. If you have a cube of ice floating in water and it melts does the level go up or down?

It stays the same. To be buoyant means something displaces it's own weight in (this case) water. A 1 g piece of ice will therefore displace 1 mL of water, which will then melt into 1 mL of water.

This doesn't really apply for icebergs exactly because the ocean has high salinity and the iceberg does not. It's probably still lunatic ramblings though.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Murphy Brownback posted:

These seem like legitimate questions to me. I get that there are a lot of anti-climate change ramblings on Facebook, but those usually take the form of "if global warming then how come snow?" or something like that. This could just be a case of not learning/remembering grade 9 science and the water cycle and such, and someone with the proper knowledge can explain this to him easily.

Like, the Glenn Beck stuff paints a different picture, sure, but this looks to me like someone who is just asking questions and not "just asking questions! :argh:"

I'd like to see what his replies would be in the comments if his questions were answered.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Irradiation posted:

Most people don't understand buoyancy. If you have a cube of ice floating in water and it melts does the level go up or down?

It stays the same. To be buoyant means something displaces it's own weight in (this case) water. A 1 g piece of ice will therefore displace 1 mL of water, which will then melt into 1 mL of water.

This doesn't really apply for icebergs exactly because the ocean has high salinity and the iceberg does not. It's probably still lunatic ramblings though.

Also the "lol ice don't overflow cup" line of thinking doesn't take into account that a large amount of the ice melting is not floating in water, but land ice on the Antarctic continent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp

Crain posted:

Oh, is it time to complain about people complaining about the Redskins racist name?

I'm C, don't know B, and A is pretty much just a complete idiot. I'm still not entirely sure what his point is, but it seems like a mix of concern trolling and "THE REAL RACISTS!"

Full initial post since it got cut off:

"If we stop using it because it's a slur then it will always be a slur so we much spout as much slur as our slurring gobs can spray!" :psyduck:

Not to mention the "full blooded Native American player" he mentions was actually a coach, William "Lone Star" Dietz, who was born in Wisconsin as the child of two recent German immigrants and had no Native ancestry whatsoever. He was just a compulsive liar who liked to play Injun.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...abcf_story.html

• Locked thread