Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
during which ancient egyptian month will blackberry die?
thout
paopi
hathor
koiak
tobi
meshir
paremhat
paremoude
pashons
paoni
epip
mesori
gasthred
banop
RIM'S GONNA KEEP GOING BABY!!!
View Results

• Locked thread
Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA

why the gently caress do nerdy iyg idiots always need remote access poo poo on their mobile devices

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Blackula69 posted:

why the gently caress do nerdy iyg idiots always need remote access poo poo on their mobile devices

to manage their anime torrents

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Blackula69 posted:

text-mode ui more usable than blackberry os

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

pizza case guy needs to make them for android+iphone and target the tumblr/imgur users who keep posting all the pizza gifs

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
it was a dumb loving macauley culkin reference jesus christ

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

pizza case guy needs to make them for android+iphone and target the tumblr/imgur users who keep posting all the pizza gifs

it's mostly former ars technica developer clint ecker, who dresses like a tumblr post

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Bonzo posted:

I live in Waterloo and work with several ex RIM employees. In 2005 it was an awesome company to work for and had all the perks you would expect a tech company to have. Once 2007 hit, things went south really bad. Every more you made was watched. You got 30 minutes for lunch and god help you if you were late. Most employees also were jaded because management changed every 6 months. You'd get a new manager who would be "We are going to do it THIS way" and then 6 months later he would go somewhere else and the new guy would be "Forget THIS! We are now doing it THAT way" . So no one really cared about performance because they knew it would just soon change anyway.

Staff was thin. If you worked the (mandatory) grave yard shift, you were on your own. So if an Exchange admin called at 2am and it took you 3 hours to fix his issues, guess how long the others in the phone queue had to wait for someone to answer?

When we have a new ex-RIM employee start, they have a bit of PTSD. Its like if you rescue and new cat and bring him home, he'll hide under the bed for a week. Slowly he'll realize that no one is going to care if he takes an extra smoke break, or steal his lunch from the fridge.

They are hiring support positions again but they've pretty much poisoned the market. There are so many tech companies hiring here and no one wants to work at a place that just fired half the city. The only ones that are going back are people who are so lovely that they can't get hired anywhere else or are die hard fanboys.

i hope kevin got out okay :ohdear:

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
http://www.engadget.com/2014/09/22/blackberry-passport-price/

$600 earth dollars for this

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

quote:

OCTheo 1 hour ago

@freddysrevng2 This is NOT a product review, you miserable worm.

Like Reply

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
Wow...... Engajet won't show you that the battery on the Passport is superior to the battery on the iPhone 6 Plus, much less, the iPhone 6 that Apple won't even tell you what the mAh is ....

Very telling, indeed.... Gotta love the "Apple Hype Apologist Machine"...

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

FMguru posted:

Wow...... Engajet won't show you that the battery on the Passport is superior to the battery on the iPhone 6 Plus, much less, the iPhone 6 that Apple won't even tell you what the mAh is ....

Yeah....

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

the iphone 6+ is $750
the galaxy note 4 is $750
both are manufactured with the greatest economies of scale

what do you think a low-production, almost engineering sample, phone is gonna be like when it's $250 less than the competitors?

build quality is gonna be laughable. like $99 android tablet laughable

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

the iphone 6+ is $750
the galaxy note 4 is $750
both are manufactured with the greatest economies of scale

what do you think a low-production, almost engineering sample, phone is gonna be like when it's $250 less than the competitors?

build quality is gonna be laughable. like $99 android tablet laughable

how much flex do you think there will be when typing on that thing?

also, keep in mind that the physical keyboard is actually a capacitive touch/gesture sensing surface as well.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

it will be $199 by march

spread out sideloaded android apps are gonna look good on that

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

so does anyone even have blackberrys on display anymore? when the new square berry is out will I be able to visit the AT&T store in my office building and go lmao at it?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

minivanmegafun posted:

so does anyone even have blackberrys on display anymore? when the new square berry is out will I be able to visit the AT&T store in my office building and go lmao at it?

i dunno about the states, but up here in the frozen north there are a few bell, telus, and rogers corporate stores that have one or two display models.

pretty much only the ones near large office centres though

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.
blackberry needs to peddle their poo poo at nexus-like prices, they can't ramp up to apple-type dollars yet

z0rlandi viSSer
Nov 5, 2013

FMguru posted:

your ellipses are hosed mate

get your self squared away... pronto

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
engajet sounds like a lovely printer

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

minivanmegafun posted:

i was stuck in verizon store lsat week and did notice a q10 on display

it was powered on and showing the intended demo reel, so points for that i guess

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Santas Ainol Elf posted:

engajet sounds like a lovely printer

or a worse airline

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

Kenny Logins posted:

he coasted on his initial rimm fliff and now runs a bbry case-making company specializing in pizza themes

no pineapple

voted 1

z0rlandi viSSer
Nov 5, 2013

Cocoa Crispies posted:

it's mostly former ars technica developer clint ecker, who dresses like a tumblr post

whAT a doughy piece of poo poo

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
blackberry passport: 6.2 by the verge

bahahahahahahahah

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

literally rated worse than a nook hd (6.6)

i'm dying

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

quote:

Let’s not mince words: the BlackBerry Passport looks like a giant square drink coaster. It’s big: 5.03 inches tall, 3.55 inches wide, and 0.37 inches thick. It’s heavy: 6.91 ounces. It's odd-looking: it's as if a classic BlackBerry spent some time in a medieval torture device and got stretched it out in all four corners. It’s actually very close to the same dimensions of an international passport, surely not by accident. It’s heavier and wider than both the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and the Apple iPhone 6 Plus. Needless to say, the Passport is awkward to use and awkward to carry in your pants' pocket. I can hardly use it in one hand, and I dropped it more than once in the the few weeks I’ve been using it.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
Joanna doesn't approve

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

The Management posted:

Joanna doesn't approve

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
joanna is the best

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

The Management posted:

Joanna doesn't approve

jinx!

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

:allears:

raruler
Oct 5, 2003

“Here lies a toppled god —
His fall was not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal,
A narrow and a tall one.”

why they would pick a map of manhattan is beyond me, that gets the most benefit of a tall phone

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

i think its because they dont have a loving clue

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

raruler posted:

why they would pick a map of manhattan is beyond me, that gets the most benefit of a tall phone

uh :psyduck:

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

raruler posted:

For those times you need to see the poor parts of nyc, there's blackberry passport™

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

raruler posted:

i'm the obvious 1-2 ticks zoomed out view on the passport

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

good lord

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
i could see getting some use out of an oversized phone (gps is one of the main things i use), but that keyboard layout is just so terrible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

prefect posted:

i could see getting some use out of an oversized phone (gps is one of the main things i use), but that keyboard layout is just so terrible
apparently having that spacebar in the middle of the bottom row is really tough to get used to. also it's top-heavy so it's not as easy to cradle the bottom in your hands for POWER PRO TYPING ACTION

• Locked thread