Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Tallgeese posted:

Has anyone ever pinned down exactly what Token of Spite, Dried Fingers, and Delicate String do?

I am starting to think they all have the exact same effect that just happens to stack.

Quoting myself, but yeah. For some insane reason, all three of these objects all do the exact same thing. They're all just Dried Finger.

Just one's a use-limited consumable, one's an infinite-use consumable, and one's a ring.

Tallgeese fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Sep 23, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Are there any lightly colored (white or silvery is best) legs that would fit well with the Watcher Armor?

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Heide legs?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
So I've finally reached that part in my Dark Souls 2 career where I've done everything that I wanted to do, including the closest to a "100%" run that I can reasonably do (complete all questlines, get all chest items, beat every boss, all bonfires, you know), and now I just want to do wacky poo poo. I'm starting off tame with roleplaying, but the problem with that is some of what I want to do can only be completed really freaking far into the game (like Velstadt, for instance). So I want to try my hand at hacking, just to get the items at the start of the game to run through with, although obviously I'll have to do some other stuff like hacking in souls to level up the appropriate stats, etc.

Question is, whats the likelihood of me getting soft banned for any of this? From what I've read, From don't give even the smallest shits over what people do, yet I'm hearing people getting softbanned regardless. I don't want to make myself invulnerable, or fly, or hack myself an insane excess of items (although eventually, depending on how far I'll take it, all of those will probably be done). Right now, I just want to have a little fun by going through different builds roleplaying.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

Tallgeese posted:

Quoting myself, but yeah. For some insane reason, all three of these objects all do the exact same thing. They're all just Dried Finger.

Just one's a use-limited consumable, one's an infinite-use consumable, and one's a ring.

Do they actually stack to make you more "invadable" or whatever the term is?

Jellymouth
Jul 9, 2009
Fun Shoe
Literally hours before Crown of the Ivory King is released, and the date is pushed back. Thankfully, its only for one week.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/09/22/dark-souls-2-crown-of-the-ivory-king-dlc-delayed

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Nah, news of that came about a day before the release, not just now.

V8Cougar
Jan 8, 2005

\/\/\/\/\/
R A W R
/\/\/\/\/\

Artificer posted:

Are there any lightly colored (white or silvery is best) legs that would fit well with the Watcher Armor?

This is a pretty nice resource for seeing everything at a glance: http://darksouls2.wikidot.com/armor

And you can see how stuff works together here: http://fashion-souls.com/

For your specific question, I use the Royal Soldiers Leggings, but they have dark chainmail. Creighton's are bright chainmail but they'd be better if they had red edges. Heide's as Nahxela said. Monastary leggings could be cool if the whites don't clash. A lot of the other silver legs seem a little chunky.

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

Do hackers get hell/shadowbanned now, or is that still just a rumor?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Oh thank God I finally beat Fume Knight. I spent most of tonight fighting him as a phantom trying to learn the methods, and never won a single time.

Eventually I figured I would give it a shot and blammo, got the right guys to help me out and killed him on the first try.

That dude is a motherfucker.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Tallgeese posted:

Doesn't dried fingers just reset the invasion timer? Also I don't know if this is confirmation bias but I seem to get invaded a lot more just by having tokens of spite in my inventory.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
The great thing about both Sir Allone and Fume Knight is that they're both very fair fights. I died twice to Fume Knight and once to Sir Allone, and in all of the attempts it felt like my own fault.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Just a PSA: Someone is going around as me, crashing people's games with a hacked name.

Their profile is set up to look just like me, but instead of tallgeese, it's tailgeese in the profile ID.

This is me:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/dreamtallgeese/

This is not me:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/dreamtaIlgeese/

So, uh, unless you get very unlucky with an invasion while I'm trying to countercrash him, it's not me.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
Wow. For what purpose, tailgeese.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Gologle posted:

The great thing about both Sir Allone and Fume Knight is that they're both very fair fights. I died twice to Fume Knight and once to Sir Allone, and in all of the attempts it felt like my own fault.

The hitbox on Fume's sword seemed like bullshit a few times, but yeah, generally I would die because I am bad at rolling still.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

turtlecrunch posted:

Wow. For what purpose, tailgeese.

It's supposedly that infamous Albino guy who's been going around trying to crash streamers. He's been pissed at me since earlier when he couldn't do anything to me I guess.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan

Tallgeese posted:

So if the ring just resets your invasion timer, then there's no point in wearing it normally, right? You could just throw it on right after you get invaded to reset the timer and then take it right off?

Seems like they have to do more than just reset the timer though. Like moving you up whatever priority list for invasions there is...

Anecdotally, I just did an entire NG play through co-oping with a buddy. I had another character pass me down the delicate string ring and wore it pretty much the whole time. As a host, I was invaded fairly frequently (for NG anyway) and my buddy (not wearing the ring) got invaded all of maybe two times while he was the host.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

BCRock posted:

So if the ring just resets your invasion timer, then there's no point in wearing it normally, right? You could just throw it on right after you get invaded to reset the timer and then take it right off?

Well, the difference between a ring and the items is that the ring's effect will constantly refresh itself.

My best guess is that Dried Finger and Token of Spite seem to last basically until either next load or next time you're invaded, whereas the ring's effect will never cancel. They're not instant one-off effects, they last until ???.

Tallgeese fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Sep 23, 2014

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Has it ever been resolved if item find stacks?

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
I cannot for the life of me find summon signs. I tried across 3 characters today, sitting around for way too long. I can be summoned, I can invade, and be invaded just fine. Where are all these people finding players to co-op with that are somehow absent when I feel like gang-banging a boss and playing like the majority of hosts I've invaded? :mad:

Do I gain sin for killing blue arbiters? I've gotten invaded by them at regular intervals since I went to NG+ but only died to one so far. I almost want to just forfeit and be killed by them to get my sin down, but when it comes down to it I just can't do it because they are a terrible player using magic/wearing havels/3rd-thing-I-dislike and no way.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.
Got invaded by a guy named Ditto who had the exact same equipment as me, which was kinda cool.

HaitianDivorce
Jul 29, 2012

Tallgeese posted:

It's supposedly that infamous Albino guy who's been going around trying to crash streamers. He's been pissed at me since earlier when he couldn't do anything to me I guess.

Truly a rivalry that will go down in the annals of history.

Wait. You don't mean the actual physical person playing the game is Albino, do you? If so that's just so...

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

HaitianDivorce posted:

Wait. You don't mean the actual physical person playing the game is Albino, do you? If so that's just so...

No no, that's his most common name, Albino Llama or something. Apparently he goes around impersonating people because reasons.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Tamayachi posted:

Got invaded by a guy named Ditto who had the exact same equipment as me, which was kinda cool.
That actually sounds like a pretty amazing gimmick. I wonder how he did that, was it a hack of some sort?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

There's zero chance he just happened to know what Tamayachi would be using before he invaded (which in itself is random), and that would be phenomenal luck to chance upon someone using your exact loadout.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
He could have been scoping from another part of the map and quickly equipped Tama's outfit.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

That assumes he carries around every piece of armor and every weapon in the game for the gimmick to work. Which is technically possible.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

Manatee Cannon posted:

That assumes he carries around every piece of armor and every weapon in the game for the gimmick to work. Which is technically possible.

Technically? Some people never empty their inventory into the bonfire box.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Iretep posted:

Technically? Some people never empty their inventory into the bonfire box.

I think I give more equipment to Rosabeth than I put into the bonfire box, actually.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

I have seen a video a guy doing this.

Washin Tong
Feb 16, 2011

Genocyber posted:

I have seen a video a guy doing this.

I only dump the starter DLC items in the box and carry everything else :shrug:

I guess the hassle of having to go through an entire inventory full of crap is made up by having your entire fashion souls arsenal available at all times.

Hawgh
Feb 27, 2013

Size does matter, after all.
There's a box?! This changes....not a lot, really.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
He's probably played the game enough that he instantly recognizes what item is which from visual alone, so having a large inventory isn't as detrimental as you might think.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Still a really great idea, copy your opponent's build (well, their equipment I guess, you couldn't really copy their spells) and fight them with their own style.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I don't change outfits very often, so I just keep everything with me at all times.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
I tried it but always ended needing the things I put in the box. Hooray for unlimited inventory!

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
I've seen a lot of peole using the Ruler's Sword lately, did it get a buff I'm unaware of?

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
If I wanted to make a build using an estoc and the Mirrah Greatsword, what would be an ideal stat distribution for that for Str/Dex? Just go with 40/40 and call it a day, or is there somewhere I could shave some off like bring Str down to 20 or something so I can make some room for pyromancies?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

NeurosisHead posted:

If I wanted to make a build using an estoc and the Mirrah Greatsword, what would be an ideal stat distribution for that for Str/Dex? Just go with 40/40 and call it a day, or is there somewhere I could shave some off like bring Str down to 20 or something so I can make some room for pyromancies?

If you're talking about making room to boost Pyromancy damage, you're better off just going 40/40. IIRC 30/30 Faith/INT adds about like 200 more damage which is basically nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Domattee
Mar 5, 2012

Bigass Moth posted:

I've seen a lot of peole using the Ruler's Sword lately, did it get a buff I'm unaware of?

It's effect used to be broken but it got fixed some time ago and I guess people are catching up to that. I believe it's one of the best greatswords AR-wise.