Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
500 dollars?! gently caress, how.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

CJacobs posted:

Matt and Pat continue to be totally vicious in today's Walking Dead episode. Seriously you guys it's kinda weirding me out.

"I HATE KENNY SO MUCH HE RUINS EVERYONE AND DOESNT CARE ABOUT PEOPLE" they say in the same breath as "MAN I CANT WAIT FOR THE CHANCE TO KILL OFF NICK". :allears:

edit: oh my god matt and pat's grudge against kenny is so god drat annoying

It's hilarious

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Oh, I'm not debating that it's funny, it's just that they're making this the worst playthrough of TWD Season 2 on YouTube and I don't think they even realize it at this point in the videos. There are like 5 cumulative minutes in the most recent episode where they are not making GBS threads on Kenny or Pregnant Lady and half of that is probably them going "OHHHH" at all the exciting stuff.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
To be fair, I think it's especially funny because I know exactly what's gonna happen to them and how badly they're going to gently caress everything up and it makes it so much funnier for me.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Personally I think TWD Season 2 would've been better with Spec-Ops: The Line style loading screens.

"WAS IT ALL WORTH IT"

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Sep 23, 2014

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

I'm a huge nerd with way too much time on my hands

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Tae posted:

Anime toys are super expensive because the people making them know that only nerds will buy them and said nerds would buy them at any price.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Tae posted:

Comes with everything you see here!

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Okay see, I thought he just bought a painting for 500 dollars.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Is that packaged with like the entire loving manga, jesus christ.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I wouldn't say it really justifies the price but there seems to be a growing attempt to match JP prices in the West for some reason.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

CJacobs posted:

Oh, I'm not debating that it's funny, it's just that they're making this the worst playthrough of TWD Season 2 on YouTube and I don't think they even realize it at this point in the videos. There are like 5 cumulative minutes in the most recent episode where they are not making GBS threads on Kenny or Pregnant Lady and half of that is probably them going "OHHHH" at all the exciting stuff.

Them making GBS threads on Kenny and Rebecca are what make it the best playthrough of WD Season 2. Making commentary for a not terrible but also not great game is really hard, and all the boat stuff and pointing out all the glitches/ hanging is hilarious. What else do you want, them soberly discussing how the game is pretty good, but not as well written as Season 1 for seven-ish hours?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I'm all for making GBS threads on Kenny but some of the Rebecca jokes make me a wee bit uncomfortable.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I was not expecting Kumail Nanjiani outta nowhere in my Walking Dead.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Please don't talk about Mpreg.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Also, Kenny is an impulsive rear end in a top hat that treats Clem as some sort of weird surrogate daughter and constantly makes bad decisions without listening to anyone - not even Clem - that jeopardize other people's lives. There's a good number of reasons to dislike him and seeing that the whole idea of an LP is to be entertaining, exaggerating that feeling's fair game.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

I cannot wrap my head around their problem with persona q

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

CERTIFIED FRESH AS HELL DOC MAKER

straight jerkers posted:

It's because it's pretty much Etrian Odyssey: Persona, but I don't think Pat has explained his extreme hate for Etrian Odyssey beyond "I tried one of the games once", he probably doesn't know that the mapping mechanic is entirely optional in the newer games.
It's not that different from Persona 1 or SMT:Strange Journey in the exploration sense, and the battles are just straight-up traditional JRPG battles like in Dragon Quest, but kind of difficult and interesting.
I'm sure they'd all admit that the soundtrack to the games is amazing though.

I think the rest just said they haven't tried Etrian Odyssey and follow Pat's advice?

gently caress, now I want to play Etrian Odyssey 4 again.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

straight jerkers posted:

The problem with PQ is that Travis Willingham will not be voicing Theo in it.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Hahahah, holy poo poo. I am laughing so hard at how sociopathic Matt and Pat are towards Reggie.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Beef Waifu posted:

Hahahah, holy poo poo. I am laughing so hard at how sociopathic Matt and Pat are towards Reggie.

Like I was mostly joking earlier but now I legit don't really want to finish watching the playthrough because of their attitude toward characters that are not Clementine. I understand that you gotta work with what you have and be funny and stuff but I guess all of the making GBS threads on other characters they're doing just isn't my brand of humor.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Sep 23, 2014

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's so loving ridiculous how they keep just trying to get everyone killed even when they don't do anything wrong.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Oh wow they actually purposefully got Reggie killed. Lame. :geno:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Like, Reggie dies anyways in the exact same way if you don't egg on Carver, but jesus.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

Beef Waifu posted:

It's so loving ridiculous how they keep just trying to get everyone killed even when they don't do anything wrong.

It's actually super entertaining, throw everyone under the bus

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

CJacobs posted:

Like I was mostly joking earlier but now I legit don't really want to finish watching the playthrough because of their attitude toward characters that are not Clementine. I understand that you gotta work with what you have and be funny and stuff but I guess all of the making GBS threads on other characters they're doing just isn't my brand of humor.

why are you so upset about how theyre playing the game "wrong" you massive baby?

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Does anyone else think that the best friends have been spending too much time around each other? Matt and Pat in TWD LP and Pat and Woolie in the DS2 LP argue over the smallest things in the most "we've gotten really sick of each other" way. It's gotten to the point with the Dark Souls 2 LP that I"m considering giving it up or watching on mute. Agh, I love these guys but it puts me in a bad mood :(

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Depths posted:

It's actually super entertaining, throw everyone under the bus

Oh I'm not disagreeing, I'm just amazed at the level they go to. It's really fun to see how they plan to hate the next character.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

CJacobs posted:

Then stop. Nobody is forcing you to watch the drat LP.

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

Beef Waifu posted:

Oh I'm not disagreeing, I'm just amazed at the level they go to. It's really fun to see how they plan to hate the next character.

What's great is that they're basically just Kenny at this point. making GBS threads on Reggie at the same time as him in almost the same way, taking every minor slight as an excuse to murder someone, throwing everyone else under the bus every chance they get, it's Kenny all the way down.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

why are you so upset about how theyre playing the game "wrong" you massive baby?

I didn't say anything like that though and I don't think that? Are you a living youtube comment or just a moron???

edit: Seriously though, I have no idea how you get "THEY'RE PLAYING THE GAME WRONG :qq:" out of "I don't find the way they are playing the game funny".

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Sep 24, 2014

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

CJacobs posted:

I didn't say anything like that though and I don't think that? Are you a living youtube comment or just a moron???

edit: Seriously though, I have no idea how you get "THEY'RE PLAYING THE GAME WRONG :qq:" out of "I don't find the way they are playing the game funny".

Dude, you called it the worst TWD LP in Youtube because they're not making the choices/having the attitude you'd have. Can't you see how that could be construed as you being a bit of a....babby?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Dias posted:

because they're not making the choices/having the attitude you'd have.

Bullshit. When I said "I don't find it funny" perhaps I should've made a 2,000 word post about the intricacies of every decision they've made and why I didn't like it not because it's not what I would have done, but because the way they are handling the video game is not entertaining to me. I did not think I would have to explain it in detail so I didn't.

Or I could just say that I don't find it funny oh whoops I did do that and someone pretended I didn't for no reason

edit: To clarify even further, this happens with every single video game playthrough that involves multiple choices. If you don't like it, the first response people jump to is that it's because you don't like the way it's being played and because you played it differently etc. But that's not the case because that's stupid.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Sep 24, 2014

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
you seem like you care a whole lot dude. like you keep writing these big screeds about it, its kind of weird

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I feed off of your acceptance

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

you seem like you care a whole lot dude. like you keep writing these big screeds about it, its kind of weird

I would say there's a difference between caring a "whole lot" about something, and spending a little bit of time explaining yourself/your opinion about that something. Nothing really weird about it.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Dias posted:

Also, Kenny is an impulsive rear end in a top hat that treats Clem as some sort of weird surrogate daughter and constantly makes bad decisions without listening to anyone - not even Clem - that jeopardize other people's lives. There's a good number of reasons to dislike him and seeing that the whole idea of an LP is to be entertaining, exaggerating that feeling's fair game.

But all his decisions in S2 are good ones and pretty much only ever go awry due to the interference/stone-walling from the rest of the incompetent baby group?

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

goldblums eyes posted:

I would say there's a difference between caring a "whole lot" about something, and spending a little bit of time explaining yourself/your opinion about that something. Nothing really weird about it.

hmm you really gave me a lot to think about, thanks m8 :cheers:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Mandrel posted:

But all his decisions in S2 are good ones and pretty much only ever go awry due to the interference/stone-walling from the rest of the incompetent baby group?

He fires a gun at a guy that has proved he will kill innocent people, despite Clem asking him not to, and makes the situation worse because he's a bad shot; he tries to make a crazy escape plan when held hostage by the same insane fucker that would've definitely killed him and the others, judging by what happened to Reggie; and his most recent plan is "let's just send a bunch of zombies our way, we can get out of this right guys right".

Good intentions and good decisions aren't the same.

CJacobs posted:

Bullshit. When I said "I don't find it funny" perhaps I should've made a 2,000 word post about the intricacies of every decision they've made and why I didn't like it not because it's not what I would have done, but because the way they are handling the video game is not entertaining to me. I did not think I would have to explain it in detail so I didn't.

Or I could just say that I don't find it funny oh whoops I did do that and someone pretended I didn't for no reason

edit: To clarify even further, this happens with every single video game playthrough that involves multiple choices. If you don't like it, the first response people jump to is that it's because you don't like the way it's being played and because you played it differently etc. But that's not the case because that's stupid.

You said it's the worst LP because you don't like the decisions. I don't care if you find it funny, but I'm just saying, dude, you're overreacting a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

AH excellent, the descent into being just as awful as the other thread begins.