Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Ribsauce posted:

I wish I had sirius so I could hear the tribute show, but my phone doesn't get good enough internet (or else I would have subscribed just to hear it). I hope it is on youtube soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mECGdm_DsYA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Doesn't seem right to not have Artie weigh in :smith:

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012
Man, this is terrible. Just listened to Zero Point Zero again and everything about it is magic.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

Price Check posted:

Man, this is terrible. Just listened to Zero Point Zero again and everything about it is magic.

Artie's cackling in the background is what makes things classic.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

Price Check posted:

This was the first clip I loaded up after hearing the news. I am going to go through all the Todd Packer ones again.

Thanks, I think I will save this for tomorrow at work. Hopefully I don't tear up :(

edit

The Shriners site says

chrisnorton posted:

https://www.shrinershospitalsforchildren.org/en/donate

You can select which city you want the money to go to (northern California would be closest to Eric) and can donate in memory of Eric.
I donated some money to this cause. I put Eric "The Midget" Lynch as the honoree. I did not know what to do about the honoree notification section so I put my own name.

Everyone should donate something as a show of thanks for the entertainment Eric provided.

Ribsauce fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Sep 23, 2014

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
Oh my god, poor Jon. :(

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I know, you can really hear the hurt in his voice. :(

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
http://twitpic.com/ebzck8

Eric would've been over the moon :)

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?

kylej posted:

Of all the tributes you know he would have loved that one the most.

Now i'm thinking of when Richard called him pretending to be a wrestling promoter and asked him if he wanted to be The Bat and have him be thrown at other wrestlers.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

DeadBonesBrook posted:

Now i'm thinking of when Richard called him pretending to be a wrestling promoter and asked him if he wanted to be The Bat and have him be thrown at other wrestlers.

"Hiiii Eric. This is Dick Buffman."

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

kylej posted:

Now that was really awesome. Then again, if I saw it live, I would have thought it was the greatest prank ever. Because, you know, this is the one time Eric actually died.

Not like this time:

http://youtu.be/W3mrjdpZ-aw

Or this time:

http://youtu.be/RP9MY2JLGjE

Or this time:

http://youtu.be/_I31-b2-Sao

Or this last time:

http://youtu.be/yVj-VBJV8aE

(seriously, the head explosion bit is vastly overlooked)

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I learned about Eric's death today from a coworker who listens to Stern. Way to start off the day.

The very first thought that popped into my head, before he'd even finished his sentence, was that thy should fly a tiny casket with balloons to honor him.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
It's kind of shocking how much attention Eric's death has received.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
When did this Gonzo guy start harassing Eric? I'd like to hear the banter with him.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

About a year now? It started on Twitter. I was really getting bored of Eric over the last few years, so I loved Gonzo Shitcock, because he could still get a genuine rise out of Eric.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Anything good that came to be on the show you can find on Youtube or something?

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

Waiting for a train, I needed a shit. You won't bee-lieve what happened next

Crotch Bat posted:

Anything good that came to be on the show you can find on Youtube or something?
Pretty much the whole first hour of 22's show was an eric tribute. Then in robins news she did like a serious'ish obituary. The show is on youtube in bits for the moment if you search for it, search term 'stern 22 eric' should get you there.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Seaside Loafer posted:

Pretty much the whole first hour of 22's show was an eric tribute. Then in robins news she did like a serious'ish obituary. The show is on youtube in bits for the moment if you search for it, search term 'stern 22 eric' should get you there.

Sorry, I should have quoted. I meant good Gonzo Shitcock bits with Eric.

Pretty striking how far gone I've been from the show when I don't know about a guy who's been harassing Eric for a year now.

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

:haw: Hey ya'll its Romeo Blues here. Me an' Eric are good buddies, I take him golfing and use him as a golf ball, and when I shower he washes my nuts 'cause I'm seven feet tall.

Hey Eric!

:haw:

...Richard I know its you. I can tell the voice.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL

Crotch Bat posted:

Sorry, I should have quoted. I meant good Gonzo Shitcock bits with Eric.

Pretty striking how far gone I've been from the show when I don't know about a guy who's been harassing Eric for a year now.

Yeah same here, wish I had known about Gonzo, I would have kept up with those clips on Youtube.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

GenoCanSing posted:

:haw: Hey ya'll its Romeo Blues here. Me an' Eric are good buddies, I take him golfing and use him as a golf ball, and when I shower he washes my nuts 'cause I'm seven feet tall.

Hey Eric!

:haw:

...Richard I know its you. I can tell the voice.

He always said "I can tell the voice" as if it was any mystery at all.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Did etm have a sag card?

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Does anyone have the picture of Eric posing with a lion cub? It's my faaaaavorite.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

I have my screensaver set as the Google Trends screensaver and saw Eric's name on there all day. Sure enough, he's #5: https://www.google.ca/trends/hottrends#pn=p13

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

euphronius posted:

Did etm have a sag card?

I'm not sure he could afford it unless someone covered the initiation fees and dues for him. I'm almost positive he qualified for it but not sure if he ever got it.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.

euphronius posted:

Did etm have a sag card?

In his latest on-air contract negotiation, he tried to get the producer of the show to pay for (renewing?) it.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Crotch Bat posted:

I'm not sure he could afford it unless someone covered the initiation fees and dues for him. I'm almost positive he qualified for it but not sure if he ever got it.

How much are SAG fees? I think I've read stories about people getting bit parts on TV shows and losing money on the job because the mandatory union dues were so high.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

haljordan posted:

How much are SAG fees? I think I've read stories about people getting bit parts on TV shows and losing money on the job because the mandatory union dues were so high.

The dues aren't too bad, just $200 a year and 1.575% of what you earn under SAG/AFTRA contract(to a point) but the one-time initiation fee is a whopping $3000. So you send them $3200 and they send you the card once you qualify. It's a nice union from what I see but for someone like Eric that initiation fee was probably more than he saw from SSI in months.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Sep 24, 2014

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Does anybody have a link to Eric's rendition of "Wild Thing" that was edited by Richard/Sal?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

In mah butt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZB_DjBrmsQ

Bag of Sun Chips posted:

Does anybody have a link to Eric's rendition of "Wild Thing" that was edited by Richard/Sal?
Not what you were asking for but it was stuck in my head all day yesterday

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Genuinely laughed out loud at work when Howard was going through ETM's Amazon wish list. It was almost a nice, somber moment, but the first item he mentioned was "The Big Book of Boobs".

Shine on you angry diamond :allears:

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

For what it's worth TMZ caught Robin out and about in NYC today and got her thoughts on Eric so she's not seemingly in full-hermit mode like she had been with the cancer. No telling why she's been out but it's nice to actually see her.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
She doesn't come in because she doesn't have to.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Jose Oquendo posted:

She doesn't come in because she doesn't have to.

I kinda lean towards this honestly. The woman is 62, she probably just wants to work from home when she can.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

This pack owns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jz-ISrNp5IA

All of the 'best of shuffle's do. Great background listening.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I'm listening to the 'beyond Todd Packer' ETM calls from those playlists someone posted earlier and the part when they put him through the IQ test (November 2010) is gold. I'm past the weeks-worth of arguing about will he/won't he, and just listening to everyone taking bets makes it sound like it would have been incredibly fun to have been in the studio while this was going on.

Everyone just sounds so pumped up and happy, and the studio is packed. The only thing I can liken it to would be a roast, except it's not as (faux) mean-spirited. Definitely give these clips a listen.

Edit: I think one of the reasons why I love it so much is because it's got that sort of energy that I only thought the show had while Artie was still there, and George was guest starring.

EDIT 2: On a whim, I took a (possibly bullshit) IQ test online and got 140. TAKE THAT, DEPACE!

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Sep 25, 2014

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
Been listening the Todd packer stuff and this is so far my favorite Eric the Midget prank call with Carrie Underwood.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tia3ExNIxkM

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
The IQ tests were a great bit but they never did any of the main cast, so it was kind of bullshit. I've also been listening through the non-Packer playlists and I don't know how anyone can think ETM was ever smart enough to do this poo poo as a bit. One listen to his Amazon wish list is all you need as proof. No one is that aware of the pure insanity they are providing.

CortezFantastic fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Sep 25, 2014

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Holy poo poo, this In Plain Sight fiasco :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Holy poo poo, this In Plain Sight fiasco :psyduck:

Are you talking about the run-up to ETM being on the show? Worth listening to?

I think Monday's show will be my last. I tried clips of Sarah Silverman but she barely talked about Eric, that Hughes guy was kinda boring. Monday's show, though, like... Robin was literally up her own rear end at veggie camp and had no idea Eric died, Howard can't figure out what to do about a multi-million-dollar contract, which just seems gross to me. With all that and Artie gone and Eric dead there's nothing left for me anymore.