Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Hazo posted:

Nothing will top B-Rock the Islamic Shock

B-Rock the Islamic Shock Hussein in the Membrane Osama

OK, low effort on the last name. I know someone here can put the gild on the lily.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
Yeah, Barack Obola isn't funny enough.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

MrUnderbridge posted:

B-Rock the Islamic Shock Hussein in the Membrane Osama

OK, low effort on the last name. I know someone here can put the gild on the lily.

You forgot 'Superallah'

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
Even
Barack
Obama
Loves
Allah

**Freep Thread

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

AdjectiveNoun posted:

You forgot 'Superallah'

B-Rock the Islamic Shock Hussein in the Membrane Superallah Pro-Ballah Obama.

Screaming Idiot fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Sep 23, 2014

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.

quote:

RUSH: There was a giant climate march in New York (well, it was all over the country) over the weekend, and it was clear that anti-capitalism was really the objective here. That's all the military environmental movement is, is a home for displaced communists, once the Berlin Wall fell. It would have been anyway. It's made to order for deception. It's made to order for campaigns of deceit.

Environmentalism allows practitioners to claim to have the best interests of everybody at heart. They want to save something -- in this case the planet -- and they want everybody to be participant in it. It's been a brilliant campaign. The problem is, most people don't care about it now, and most people don't believe it. Most people have come to accept that it's a hoax. This has only made the climate mob even more intense.

So they showed up, and some of the signs they were carrying yesterday made clear this is an anti-capitalist movement. One sign said, "I care more about my child than money. Do you?" Things like this. When you see a sign bashing the Koch brothers, you get an idea what it's all about. But they made an absolute junk pile out of the place they were in in New York. They left a trail of trash -- and they do that every time they do this.

Every time global warming people get together, any time Occupy... In fact, they're turning Occupy Wall Street into Occupy the Climate right now, is essentially what's happening. But anytime they get together, it's a pigsty when they leave. You talk about pollution and dirt and filth and stinking up the environment? These people are the professionals at it. And, lo and behold, yesterday, Robert Kennedy Jr. showed up.
I heard a bunch of anti-capitalism and the usual bromides about no blood for oil -- and, of course, the inclusion of the Koch brothers. By the way, folks, all of this (once again) is right out of a book made famous by Saul Alinsky called Rules for Radicals. What's interesting about that is, a bunch of old letters that Hillary Clinton wrote way back when have surfaced back from her days at Wellesley University, Wellesley College, whatever, and her first days working in Oakland and Berkeley as a lawyer.

It turns out that she was sending letters to Alinsky left and right! Now, we know this, and it's been talked about for years. Saul Alinsky. If you read Rules for Radicals, you will understand why Harry Reid's doing what he's doing invoking the Koch brothers name all the time and why RFK Jr. just did it here. But it's funny, a lot of Drive-By Media people who are supposed to be fascinated about the events they cover, supposed to be curious?

According to some tweets that I've seen, the Drive-Bys cannot believe this guy Alinsky came up again. They thought they got rid of him after the first couple/three years of Obama. Now Alinsky is back? They are not the in the slightest curious about the role this guy, and his book Rules for Radicals, has in shaping what is now two prominent people in the Democrat Party, who both -- one of them has become president, the other one wants to be.

Rules for Radicals has, in fact, become the manual, the owners manual for the Democrat Party at large. More on that as the program unfolds. I'm still setting the table. Next sound bite: Michelle Fields says to Robert Kennedy Jr., "Well, I don't understand. You say gotta bring a bunch of buses in, you gotta do all this, gotta cause a lot of pollution in order to make news the event. Shouldn't you lead by example and not be causing any pollution or mess?"

KENNEDY: I do lead by example.

FIELDS: So are you gonna give up your cell phone?

KENNEDY: No, I'm not gonna give up my cell phone.

FIELDS: Are you gonna give up your car?

KENNEDY: Are you gonna give up yours?

FIELDS: I'm not the one who's here talking about the environment.

KENNEDY: No, I'm not going to stop using a cell phone, and I'm not gonna stop using... I don't believe that we have to reduce our quality of life in order to have a rational free market, in order to stop the use of carbon, in order to divorce ourselves from a fuel that is destroying our planet. It's much more popularity to change your politician than it is to change your lightbulb or your cell phone or your automobile.

RUSH: Whoa! Whoa-oh!

KENNEDY: That's what you ought to be paying attention to rather than asking trivial and inane questions about whether or not what kind of car somebody drives or whether or not they use cell phones.

RUSH: There it is. There it is. You see, ladies and gentlemen? Typical liberalism. He wants you to change your life but he's not gonna change his. He's gonna use his phone. He's gonna use his car. "Hey, are you gonna get rid of yours?" She says, "I'm not the one telling everybody to get rid of theirs, RFK Jr. You are!" And then he says, "Look, it's more important to change your politician than to change your light bulb or your cell phone or your automobile."

That's gonna come as news to over half the kids who buy into this global warming crap, because he just gave up the ghost there in a moment of being caught.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: What I was going to say was that that interview -- that little street interview with Robert Kennedy Jr. -- is an example of what journalism used to be, for those of you who are too young to remember it. So here's a guy, RFK Jr., telling everybody that they gotta get rid of their cars and they gotta stop using phones and they've got to start cleaning up the way they live 'cause they're polluting the planet and destroying the climate, and we're all gonna die.

And he's been saying this for years.

But he drives his own SUV, he uses his own phone, he flies around in private jets, and the reporter said, "Well, are you gonna get rid of your cell phone? Are you gonna stop driving your car?" That doesn't happen today. When a journalist of the day interviews somebody like Robert Kennedy Jr., they ask the setup question, they let him roll with whatever he wants to say.

They turn back to the camera and smile and say, "There you have it, from the climate march to save the world here in New York City! I'm so-and-so, CBS News," blah, that's it. This woman, Michelle Fields, actually asked, "Are you gonna get rid of your phone, sir? Are you gonna get rid of your car?" And he wasn't used to that. He doesn't get questions like that because he deals with a fawning media. He didn't know what to say. He said, "No, I'm not gonna get rid of my cell phone! Are you gonna get rid of yours?"

That was so illustrative of the mind-set.

"No, I'm not gonna get rid of my cell phone. Are you gonna get rid of yours?"

"Sir, you're the one telling everybody to get rid of theirs. Sir, you're the one advocating everybody stop driving cars. Sir, you're the one advocating that everybody forgo any progress or advancement in their life in order to 'save the planet.' So all I'm asking, are you gonna show leadership and do the same thing?"

That's what journalism used to be. Journalists used to find hypocrisy in the powerful and point it out. Today, journalists have identified the powerful and they want to be included in them. They want to be buds. They want to be on the same team, and so they advance the agenda of these neophytes. RFK Jr. is a glittering jewel of colossal ignorance, and this interview illustrated that.

It's a lost art.

It doesn't happen in the Drive-By Media.
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2014/09/22/rfk_jr_s_climate_hypocrisy_exposed
I think the key part in Kennedy's statement is not giving up our current quality of life. That would be something we could, you know, strive for with the remaining time we have left before things get too far out of hand. But nope! We're due for that Ice Age any year now and it still snows outside so how come warmth Mr. Liberal Smarty-pants? :smuggo:

This sounds like a whole bunch of STDH, but then again when a buddy of mine worked at Enterprise he found all kinds of poo poo people would leave behind in the rental cars.

quote:

RUSH: Here's Stephanie in Nebraska. Stephanie, thank you very much for waiting. Great to have you on the EIB Network. Hi.

CALLER: Thanks, Rush. Hey, my birthday! This is best birthday present ever.

RUSH: Well! Happy birthday to you.

CALLER: Thank you. Hey, you've been talking about Homeland Security, you've been talking about all this stuff, and it just hit home today. My husband and I, we own a salvage yard. We're just, you know, small business, trying to do our best, good Americans. My husband got a car in that somebody impounded and sold to us, anyway. So he goes through all the cars whenever he gets 'em and we found some very alarming things in this car. An Islamic-type person had obviously had this car. We had IDs from several states. You know, the same person with several driver's licenses.

RUSH: Wait a second. What? Hold, hold, hold on. You got a car at your salvage yard that had passport-like IDs in them?

CALLER: Yes. Oh, yes. Much more than that. We found eight or nine cell phones, IDs of the person... He had worked at several airports across the US. So we found airport IDs, driver's licenses, cell phones, Islamic books. It's like a bad movie. I mean, it was just stupid. So my husband said, "I think I need to get a hold of somebody." He wasn't sure who to get a hold of so he found a phone number for Homeland Security and called them.

He called me and said, "You'll never believe this one. This is our government to work." I said, "What?" He said, "They told me they couldn't help me." I said, "What do you mean, they couldn't help you?" And he said, "Well, it didn't happen on federal property." You know, we didn't get this car on federal property, so he just deals with things that happen on federal property.

He said, "Okay, well, do you have a phone number of somebody that can help us? You know, we think that this car needs to be looked through. You know, this could be a lot of serious stuff, and he said why don't you just call your local police station." And my husband said, "Well, we don't really have a local police station. This is a small town." He said, "Well, why don't you flag down a highway patrolman?" And my husband said, "I'll figure it out," and just, you know, hung up.

RUSH: Are you kidding?

CALLER: I'm not kidding.

RUSH: Flag a highway patrolman?

CALLER: Flag a highway patrolman.

RUSH: How often does a highway patrolman drive by your salvage yard?

CALLER: We're right on the interstate, so probably once in a while, but, you know. (chuckles)

RUSH: Did he not even tell you to call the FBI?

CALLER: No. But we're smart enough. We'll figure out probably who to get a hold of but it was just --

RUSH: What kind of car, Stephanie?

CALLER: I haven't seen the car, so I don't know. It was just a car that I don't know why it even... We get a lot of cars like from different tow companies that, you know, if they get abandoned they're sold or --

RUSH: Right.

CALLER: -- whatever and they just get junked.

RUSH: Right.

CALLER: But we always go through 'em, you know, before we... You know, make sure they're fine and -- so...

RUSH: Well --

CALLER: It's just kind of scary to think that, I mean, this is our government, and we're here calling and we're saying, "Hey, we've got something hot here," and they're like, "Eh, we don't care."

RUSH: This sounds like pre-9/11. "Hey, I go on this computer here," or, "Hey, I got a bunch of guys at my flying school who don't want to learn how to land."

CALLER: Yeah.

RUSH: Oh, well, send us a report.

RUSH: So have you call --

CALLER: If we didn't report it and something happened, I mean, then would we be in trouble? You know, I don't know. It's just doesn't make... You know, my husband's an ex-Marine, we have a lot of patriotism, and it's just like we feel like, I don't know, what's the deal, where's our country, where's our people?

RUSH: Well, I may have had missed what you said. Did you call the FBI?

CALLER: We haven't yet. This all happened today.

RUSH: Yeah?

CALLER: We have a couple of more ideas. You know, we just don't want to give this over to the wrong hands, like a local level and it just be lost.

RUSH: But you're convinced that this is something that needs to be investigated?

CALLER: Yes.

RUSH: I know you don't know. I still would be interested to know what kind of car this is, whether it's an SUV, whether it's a van.

CALLER: No, I think it was a car. I do not think it was a van.

RUSH: Like a family sedan.

CALLER: Yeah, like... Yes.

RUSH: Was it a hybrid?

CALLER: The person had an Islamic name, but I think he is of African-American descent. Does that makes sense? Like sometimes they change their name.

RUSH: Believe me, you don't want to go there.

CALLER: (laughing)

RUSH: Let the FBI figure that out. Was it a hybrid? Was it an electric car? Do you get a lot of those?

CALLER: All he never even said. He just said car. He didn't say what it was, so I don't know.

RUSH: Wow. (sigh) How many different IDs did you say your husband found?

CALLER: Oh, several. I mean, he couldn't believe it. It wasn't like it was one or two. You know, it was like numerous IDs and cell phones, like eight or nine cell phones, which was a lot.

RUSH: And where, again...? How did this car end up in your junkyard? Do you know that?

CALLER: We have very... I don't know exactly who sold it to us, but we have different tow companies that they get alerted to abandoned cars and stuff, and so different ones. I don't know exactly who dropped this one off.

RUSH: Whoever you call is gonna want to know that.

CALLER: Oh, I know. And my husband knows all those details. I'm sorry. I don't know all that.

RUSH: Oh, yeah. Okay. He knows.

CALLER: Yeah, he knows, but I... You know, I'm just the bookkeeper, Rush! Come on.

RUSH: Just the bookkeeper?

CALLER: (chuckling)

RUSH: That means you're the heart and soul.

CALLER: Oh, dear. I just want to tell you that --

RUSH: (chuckling)

CALLER: My four-year-old daughter is yelling in the background. We've listened to you, I've listened to since I was 16 years old. I was one of the only Rush Babies, I called myself, because in high school I would listen to you. My government teacher, I mean, I'd argue with him about government way back in the nineties. So it's a real honor to talk to you.

RUSH: Well, God bless you. Thank you very much, and happy birthday, Stephanie, and I'd like to know what happens here.

CALLER: Well, I'll forward that.

RUSH: Would you give Mr. Snerdley your number so we could check in with you periodically and find out?

CALLER: Sure!

RUSH: We want to make sure that your junkyard's there tomorrow.

CALLER: (laughing) Hey, I kind of disguised our location just in case.

RUSH: (laughing) Very smart.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: While I was talking to Stephanie, I was looking for the story I referenced earlier on all the turnover, all the people leaving the Department of Homeland Security, and I guess I didn't print it out. So I'll go back and get it during the break, but it is happening. I do have the story. No reason is given, but it appears there's morale and disarray and just rampant confusion. If it's being reported about the Obama Regime, it's likely that it's worse, even, than what is being reported.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Jennifer in Goshen, Ohio, thank you for waiting. It's great to have you here. Hello.

CALLER: Hello, Rush. It's great to be talking to you.

RUSH: Thank you very much.

CALLER: Well, yes. I was gonna touch on Stephanie, the lady that called, and she said she found some of the IDs from the airports, like worked at the airports?

RUSH: She didn't know whether... No, she found them in a car. They were in a salvage yard, and they had a car delivered, a junk car, and the IDs and some cell phones were in the car.

CALLER: Right. Well, I used to work at an airport, okay -- on the outside, you know, when you load the planes and fuel the planes and everything. I'm telling you, that is my main fear. In TSA, they would maybe check our bags once a month, because we all had our backpacks and everything that we carried in to work and whatever.

RUSH: Wait a minute. Wait, wait, wait, wait just a minute. I want to understand. While TSA is making Grandma disrobe upstairs --

CALLER: Yes!

RUSH: -- outside on the ramp, they're checking you once a week?

CALLER: No, once a month, maybe. I am not kidding you. I have been trying for probably two months to get in and tell the story, because there is so much that could go wrong, and especially now that they have all... You know, like some of these planes that are missing and things like that, then you hear more and more about some people working at the airport, like that one guy who left to go fight for ISIS.

RUSH: Let me tell you something I heard. I can't mention any names, and it's not gospel. This is just scuttlebutt. What I heard is not from somebody at TSA. It's somebody that is familiar with the overall thinking on the next terror attack. Apparently one of the -- and there are many theories as to where the next one will come from. And there's a body of thought that the next attack will not have anything to do with airplanes 'cause the last big one did, and it'll be something else.

So they're not focusing on airplanes as much as they were. I don't know that to be true. This is just somebody's theory, the theory that the next attack is gonna be totally unrelated to airplanes, otherwise they can't get away with it. They've tried since 9/11 to do airplanes, the shoe bomber and so forth. They've been caught, maybe many more times than we know.

CALLER: Well, but the thing of it is, if it's someone that is already working there, that's how they're gonna be able to do it, because they're gonna have that stuff, put it in the plane, and no one would know because TSA never checks the bags.

RUSH: Of the line workers? You're talking about the line workers outside?

CALLER: Right. Everyone who works outside. Yeah, they frisk Grandma.

RUSH: Well, this is not very comforting. I admit that. I know.

RUSH: Yeah. This is not very comforting, I have to say. Just don't go to the airport.
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2014/09/22/junkyard_owner_finds_suspicious_materials_in_abandoned_car
Thanks for calling in frightened airline attendant! Let me tell you some vague poo poo about the next terror attack that I pulled directly out of my rear end. You have a nice evening now, sleep well! :jerkbag:

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

"Way back in the nineties."

I think the funniest part about that was Rush's weird random obsession to know whether or not the Scary Brown Man drove a hybrid.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

I honestly like "Hussein Clown Posse."

Hussein in the Membrane

edit: gently caress YOU MRUNDERBRIDGE! :argh:

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 205 days!

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

I tried coining "Nobongomer" a while back as a portmanteau of "Nobama", "Obongo" and "Obummer", but it was probably either too over the top or sounded like random gibberish instead of a derogatory Obama nickname.

This makes me think of old Koei games. Nobongomer's Ambition

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Hodgepodge posted:

This makes me think of old Koei games. Nobongomer's Ambition

Soon Obama will unify Japan!

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Mr Interweb posted:

Hussein in the Membrane

edit: gently caress YOU MRUNDERBRIDGE! :argh:

You have to buy me dinner first.

Yr obt svt,
Trollworth P. Underbridge

MasterControl
Jul 28, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Hazo posted:

"Way back in the nineties."

I think the funniest part about that was Rush's weird random obsession to know whether or not the Scary Brown Man drove a hybrid.

His meaning and my meaning are different but it does feel like a long time ago. For me it was mid 90s and we were post grunge. Clinton was reelected and there was new labour across the pond with a wave of happy Britpop and "indie".

The hybrid thing is so dumb to me. I drive a Prius c and other than a few
Times I've needed more space just to feel less cramped it's never an issue to me. Our mpg is at 50 and it feels like I hardly fill up and the cost is so low. To me a hybrid is a form of improvement. Not some plot to take away your liberties or judge you.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

Yes but being against progressive policies in any form, even if it is entirely better on fuel and economic efficiency, is the only way to obtain your right wing bona fides. Gotta get that Scott Brown truck to haul your furniture once every 5 years.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

Even
Barack
Obama
Loves
Allah

**Freep Thread

The funny thing about this that flies over their heads is that using "Even" makes it sound like a positive thing. "Even the President of the United States loves Allah, and you can too!"

Venusian Weasel
Nov 18, 2011

Moktaro posted:

The funny thing about this that flies over their heads is that using "Even" makes it sound like a positive thing. "Even the President of the United States loves Allah, and you can too!"

This one was actually coined in the freep thread. They were making fun of a schizophrenic freeper's conspiracy theory that Obama was the literal living manifestation of ebola.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Hazo posted:

Nothing will top B-Rock the Islamic Shock

Place of Birth: Kenyatown, Kenya

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

Place of Birth: Kenyatown, Kenya

Muslim?

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
Muslim: As All Hell

e:

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Venusian Weasel posted:

This one was actually coined in the freep thread. They were making fun of a schizophrenic freeper's conspiracy theory that Obama was the literal living manifestation of ebola.

Oh ok. I don't read the Freep thread because I get depressed enough reading this one. :smith:

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Why the gently caress do I live in a backwards rear end reality where a guy with a shouty TV show is invited onto other shows to explain why THE EXENDABLES IRL is a real option for foreign wars?

Fuuuuck

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
ughhhh

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Job Truniht
Nov 7, 2012

MY POSTS ARE REAL RETARDED, SIR

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

A real person's opinion: Outsource the entire war on terror to Academi

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Hahaha holy poo poo. This guy wants to throw together some G.I. Joes and go to town on terror!?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
If you aren't already doubled over in laughter: Erik Prince of Blackwater fame

quote:

"It's a shame the [Obama] administration crushed my old business, because as a private organization, we could've solved the boots-on-the-ground issue, we could have had contracts from people that want to go there as contractors; you don't have the argument of U.S. active duty going back in there," Prince said in an on-stage discussion featuring retired four-star Gen. James Conway. "[They could have] gone in there and done it, and be done, and not have a long, protracted political mess that I predict will ensue."

Interesting take from the man who had to change his companies name thanks to multiple protracted political messes.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
What Bill O'Reilly actually believes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6bqD4XKLkw

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Someone I've talked to: "Why don't we just hire Rambo-type people to do this stuff?"

Lycus fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Sep 24, 2014

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012
Seriously. American men are so much more virile and intelligent, it should only take a dozen at the most to clean the mean streets of those Muslim cavemen.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Babylon Astronaut posted:

Seriously. American men are so much more virile and intelligent, it should only take a dozen at the most to clean the mean streets of those Muslim cavemen.

I remember when I was with Special Forces... seems a thousand centuries ago. We went into a camp to inoculate some children. We left the camp after we had inoculated the children for polio, and this old man came running after us and he was crying. He couldn't see. We went back there, and they had come and hacked off every inoculated arm. There they were in a pile. A pile of little arms. And I remember... I... I... I cried, I wept like some grandmother. I wanted to tear my teeth out; I didn't know what I wanted to do! And I want to remember it. I never want to forget it... I never want to forget. And then I realized... like I was shot... like I was shot with a diamond... a diamond bullet right through my forehead. And I thought, my God... the genius of that! The genius! The will to do that! Perfect, genuine, complete, crystalline, pure. And then I realized they were stronger than we, because they could stand that these were not monsters, these were men... trained cadres. These men who fought with their hearts, who had families, who had children, who were filled with love... but they had the strength... the strength... to do that. If I had ten divisions of those men, our troubles here would be over very quickly. You have to have men who are moral... and at the same time who are able to utilize their primordial instincts to kill without feeling... without passion... without judgment... without judgment! Because it's judgment that defeats us.

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012
In a war there are many moments for compassion and tender action. There are many moments for ruthless action, what is often called ruthless, what may in many circumstances be only clarity, seeing clearly what there is to be done and doing it, directly, quickly, awake, looking at it.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

In 2014, a crack mercenary unit was sent to prison by the International Criminal Court for war crimes they never had the chance to commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Baghdad underground. Today, still under contract with the United States, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if they don't mistake you for a terrorist...maybe you can hire The O-Team.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Someone should tell him that X-COM was just a video game.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Technogeek posted:

In 2014, a crack mercenary unit was sent to prison by the International Criminal Court for war crimes they never had the chance to commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Baghdad underground. Today, still under contract with the United States, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if they don't mistake you for a terrorist...maybe you can hire The O-Team.

Gonna use this.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Kojima was more spot on in retrospect than I would ever assume. Also, MGS2 came out in November 2001. :magical:

McDowell posted:

I remember when I was with Special Forces... seems a thousand centuries ago. We went into a camp to inoculate some children. We left the camp after we had inoculated the children for polio, and this old man came running after us and he was crying. He couldn't see. We went back there, and they had come and hacked off every inoculated arm. There they were in a pile. A pile of little arms. And I remember... I... I... I cried, I wept like some grandmother. I wanted to tear my teeth out; I didn't know what I wanted to do! And I want to remember it. I never want to forget it... I never want to forget. And then I realized... like I was shot... like I was shot with a diamond... a diamond bullet right through my forehead. And I thought, my God... the genius of that! The genius! The will to do that! Perfect, genuine, complete, crystalline, pure. And then I realized they were stronger than we, because they could stand that these were not monsters, these were men... trained cadres. These men who fought with their hearts, who had families, who had children, who were filled with love... but they had the strength... the strength... to do that. If I had ten divisions of those men, our troubles here would be over very quickly. You have to have men who are moral... and at the same time who are able to utilize their primordial instincts to kill without feeling... without passion... without judgment... without judgment! Because it's judgment that defeats us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fykFpD6snX0&t=51s

Phone fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Sep 24, 2014

Lowtechs
Jan 12, 2001
Grimey Drawer
Here is O'Rielly getting smacked down on his own show regarding the "O-Team". It is very funny.

http://mediamatters.org/embed/static/clips/2014/09/22/36870/fnc-factor-20140922-mercarmy-pushback

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Lowtechs posted:

Here is O'Rielly getting smacked down on his own show regarding the "O-Team". It is very funny.

http://mediamatters.org/embed/static/clips/2014/09/22/36870/fnc-factor-20140922-mercarmy-pushback

Bill O'Reilly, who's credentials include Inside Edition.

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012
It's telling that he keeps repeating "the American people would never go for this" and no one even considers that maybe that means we shouldn't do it. Instead they are trying to fathom some roundabout way of waging another unpopular war.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Lowtechs posted:

I like how he literally doesn't understand how a mercenary army is probably immoral.

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW

Deptfordx posted:

Yeah, wouldn't Obama bin Laden work better, in fact i'm suprised that's not on the list.

Obama bin Biden. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Job Truniht
Nov 7, 2012

MY POSTS ARE REAL RETARDED, SIR
Military contractors fighting ISIS should be a reality show, it would be as :stare: worthy as a reality show about Grover building houses.