Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Jesus Christ. That got dark really loving quick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Well, at least they won't have to deal with a space metal Absorbing Man.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I can't believe they pulled off the "Head-character" thing

mythicknight
Jan 28, 2009

my thick night

gently caress. Fitz :(

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Goddamn, If they can keep this up, then holy poo poo

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Yeah, looks like I was off about AM wanting to touch the space metal. I'm loving the effects on his powers though, I'd be okay with him being a fairly constant opponent.

Poor Lawless, I was looking forward to her with a rad robot arm. Definitely not looking good for her though.

This premiere was SO much better than the S1 premiere, looking forward to where they go from here.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
What a change a season brings to our expectations and reactions. :allears:.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Oh poo poo, he's still alive!

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
loving immortal Nazis always ruining everything :argh:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Deadpool posted:

Oh poo poo, he's still alive!
Wait who was that again I forgot.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
Aaaaand immortal Nazi.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

achillesforever6 posted:

The Nazi from the beginning flashback with the Howling Commandos.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

achillesforever6 posted:

The guy from the Agent Carter thing.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

achillesforever6 posted:

He was the Nazi Officer at the beginning of the episode who got captured by Agent Carter, but he looks exactly the same.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
He's gonna resurrect Rasputin and try to bring the Elder Gods back into our realm!

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
From his "You have no idea" line I get the feeling he may be a lot older than even WW2 era.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Awww yeah immortal hydra guy, lost the German accent. I love Shield's version of the post-credits bonus scene from the movies, it really helps to add in little twists to each episode and set the show apart from other shows. I do wish they'd revealed that Simmons wasn't really there in the bonus scene, but it worked out well enough the way they did it, and that is an important thing that you had to explain when showing them stealing a cloaking quinjet.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

mikeraskol posted:

The Nazi from the beginning flashback with the Howling Commandos.
Oh my TV was hosed up so I missed the beginning

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Whitehall was the Kraken. So that makes sense now!

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

greatn posted:

From his "You have no idea" line I get the feeling he may be a lot older than even WW2 era.

Some wild speculation here, but in the Ultimates, the Marvel ultimate universe version of the Avengers, there's a shapeshifting alien (not a Skrull) that was a big Nazi foe that Captain America fought. He shows up again shortly after Cap gets thawed out. Given that they're after alien technology, it wouldn't surprise me if he's a straight up alien.

But yeah, regardless of the reason of his immortality, it'd be a pretty big waste if the furthest they go into his past is him working with Hyrda in WW2.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

NowonSA posted:

Awww yeah immortal hydra guy, lost the German accent. I love Shield's version of the post-credits bonus scene from the movies, it really helps to add in little twists to each episode and set the show apart from other shows. I do wish they'd revealed that Simmons wasn't really there in the bonus scene, but it worked out well enough the way they did it, and that is an important thing that you had to explain when showing them stealing a cloaking quinjet.
Maybe he wasn't an Immortal Nazi, but just an Immortal in general. Or wait wasn't that a DC villain?

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!
gently caress, Fitz. :(

The Absorbing Man was pretty neat though. I like that they started off big this season with actual content. :)

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Codependent Poster posted:

Are you saying a Man couldn't be Madam Hydra?

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

greatn posted:

I think you're right about that. HYDRA might not blink at an immortal Nazi but someone way older would be something he'd want to keep under wraps.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Yup, he's Kraken in the book. Looks a lot different though.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

achillesforever6 posted:

Maybe he wasn't an Immortal Nazi, but just an Immortal in general. Or wait wasn't that a DC villain?

Vandal Savage in DC, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was one in Marvel too.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

twistedmentat posted:

Are you saying a Man couldn't be Madam Hydra?

Mr. Hydra doesn't have the same ring to it.

But his name was Whitehall, who was the Kraken. He was Hydra and experimented on people. I'll lose my poo poo (in a good way) if this season has more Secret Warriors references or characters.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Mr. Hydra doesn't have the same ring to it.

But his name was Whitehall, who was the Kraken. He was Hydra and experimented on people. I'll lose my poo poo (in a good way) if this season has more Secret Warriors references or characters.

You and me both. If you're going to draw from comics you can't go wrong with ones written by Hickman.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Holy god drat that was a surprisingly excellent premiere.
Absorbing Man right out of the loving gate! :derp:

Also, god drat it poor Fitz. :(

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I love how Xena spent a bunch of interviews telling us about how interesting her character is, how she has all this backstory with Coulson that they are going to explore, etc, and the whole time she was lying to our loving faces.

gently caress you, Xena.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

gannyGrabber posted:

I love how Xena spent a bunch of interviews telling us about how interesting her character is, how she has all this backstory with Coulson that they are going to explore, etc, and the whole time she was lying to our loving faces.

gently caress you, Xena.

Haha that's pretty funny. I'm hoping they do something with magical alien artifact to bring her back :(

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I am also very mad that Fitz is on the fritz. They take the very best of the SHIELD team they did the most horrible thing possible to him. gently caress Gemma for abandoning him.

I am mad at TV show.

I am the goon that is about to have a melt down. God drat!!!

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
Lawless's character CAN appear in flashbacks and the like, so technically she wouldn't be lying if they made her posthumous.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

gannyGrabber posted:

gently caress you, Xena.

Killing her after that buildup about cutting off her arm to save her was very Telltale Games Walking Dead-ish. But maybe she isn't dead and the artifact saved her or something.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

gannyGrabber posted:

I am also very mad that Fitz is on the fritz. They take the very best of the SHIELD team they did the most horrible thing possible to him. gently caress Gemma for abandoning him.

I am mad at TV show.

I am the goon that is about to have a melt down. God drat!!!

I wouldn't worry. I'm sure Simmons will return to the team sometime this season. And Fitz will prove himself too. It's a good hook for now though!

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!

gannyGrabber posted:

gently caress you, Xena.

Comic-magic might bring her back or something, who knows? It does seem weird to chop off her hand then kill her anyways.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Simmons and Lucy Lawless will both be back. I believe.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

imperialparadox posted:

Comic-magic might bring her back or something, who knows? It does seem weird to chop off her hand then kill her anyways.

Based on the dramatic camera lingering on Xena's arm at the end, I believe that they will regrow her from her arm.

Was Simmons being AIM a popular fan theory or is that just a thing I read in this thread?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Xtanstic posted:

Based on the dramatic camera lingering on Xena's arm at the end, I believe that they will regrow her from her arm.

Was Simmons being AIM a popular fan theory or is that just a thing I read in this thread?

Yeah, but it seems that she has only been confirmed for this episode. I assume she will be back, but maybe as the cliffhanger at the end of the first half of the season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Xtanstic posted:

Some thought she was HYDRA due to that seen about "lying" and her saying something about getting better at it or something like that, I don't remember it exactly.

• Locked thread