Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Great White Hope posted:

Change all the commentary to parts of various songs.

"Rock You Like A Hurricane" plays whenever Brock hits the F5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013
Four hours ago I was seriously ready to give up this drat card game. I'd rocked rear end through most of the KotR, ended up in 2nd place, then lost my first match of the opening round and was scared that I'd get stuck with another Epic I didn't have a match for and I'd be stuck at Almost Legenedary KotR forever.

Fortunately (or maybe unfortunately) I pulled off the next two, and the second round is looking good. I'm going to get rolled in the final, but who cares.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
All I know about modding in 2K games is that NBA2k14 had a Space Jam mod.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Gaz-L posted:

Finally I can have Corey Graves come out to "Renegade"

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Great White Hope posted:

Change all the commentary to parts of various songs.

JBL: :clint: "Get in the pit and try to love someone Maggle I LOVE IT"

Cole: :geno: "Kid Rock claims that this song is for all of his friends which he calls 'homies' residing in Cell Block Six, which is a segment of a prison if you don't know."

King: :pedo: "Midnight glancers and topless dancers! Woohoo! Up jump the boogie, Cole!"

me: :suicide:

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
Okay... honestly, if you guys were talking about that picture I posted of the all NXT Royal Rumble? Those were CAWs I downloaded with renders hacked in.

You can get those in the community downloads.

That's from 2k14.

Figured that was obvious.

Unless, ya know, half of goddamn TNA just signed a contract with WWE to be in 2k15:

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Skunkrocker posted:

Okay... honestly, if you guys were talking about that picture I posted of the all NXT Royal Rumble? Those were CAWs I downloaded with renders hacked in.

You can get those in the community downloads.

How? I've downloaded CAWs before, though in WWE 13 and not any of the 2K games, and have never had one come with a render like that. Is there an extra step I need to do in addition to downloading the CAW, or are they included with the download somehow? I'm totally clueless on that stuff.

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Except on the PS4 and the Xbone.

I know I've seen that you can't rip music to the PS4, but does that mean you can't copy music to the PS4 from a thumb drive or something?

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
Based on the insanity that my friend was able to perpetrate in the last 2k NBA game, I have high expectations as to what you're gonna be able to do in the PC version of the WWE game. I'm pretty sure he could literally make his player 30 feet tall and be basketball godzilla or something else insane like that. I think it was just with using CheatEngine too.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Phenix Rising posted:

How? I've downloaded CAWs before, though in WWE 13 and not any of the 2K games, and have never had one come with a render like that. Is there an extra step I need to do in addition to downloading the CAW, or are they included with the download somehow? I'm totally clueless on that stuff.
People have hacked the 2k14 filesystem and inserted their own renders (this is also how people have hacked normally weak custom finishers into game-breaking destroyers). Certain community creators will offer them, and they automatically come with the CAW (the render disappears if you change from their default ring gear settings, iirc). But it's not something the game allows natively.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Can we get the Breaking Madden guy in on this? I want to see how many times a huge, roided up Quadruple H with max stats can pin the world's ultimate 0-stat jobber in a single iron man match.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Phenix Rising posted:

Basic Chunnel posted:

People have hacked the 2k14 filesystem and inserted their own renders (this is also how people have hacked normally weak custom finishers into game-breaking destroyers). Certain community creators will offer them, and they automatically come with the CAW (the render disappears if you change from their default ring gear settings, iirc). But it's not something the game allows natively.

What he said. Generally just search for the person you want and then look at the picture that normally shows the render. If it looks weird, and not like one of the normal poses, it's a render. Be careful though... the more indie a guy is? The worse the render will be.

For example, one of my PWG guys has ARTIFACTING! Oh, I'm so pissed about that, it was the only caw for him too!

Yes I downloaded 20 PWG guys too. And up next? CZW.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Gaz-L posted:

If I can't download something that means the sound of Brock's music causes a Taz soundbite of,"Welp, here come the pain!" to play then the Internet was all for nothing.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Has a PC version of 2k15 been confirmed anywhere besides that one screenshot?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

KungFu Grip posted:

All I know about modding in 2K games is that NBA2k14 had a Space Jam mod.
:stare:

Well, I'll be watching for a Steam Sale.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

triplexpac posted:

Has a PC version of 2k15 been confirmed anywhere besides that one screenshot?

Last month a Korean ratings board rated a PC version, and that image was on the Network, so unless everybody hosed up, it exists. If it isn't out at the same time as the console release, it'll be out in 2015.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CVFcSSNGGI

2k15, you better let PC have fun!

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

My deck has gotten a lot stronger in the last few hours.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

The best part about a fully moddable WWE game on next gen hardware will be the fact we can remove poo poo we don't like.

Like the commentators. It's not enough to just mute them, I want them GONE.

EDIT: unless I can throw a cinder block at Jerry's head.

Skunkrocker fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Sep 24, 2014

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Skunkrocker posted:

The best part about a fully moddable WWE game on next gen hardware will be the fact we can remove poo poo we don't like.

Like the commentators. It's not enough to just mute them, I want them GONE.

EDIT: unless I can throw a cinder block at Jerry's head.

You know what I like about Summerslam the best? Divas in bikinis!

*repeat 5 times*

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo
SuperCard loves giving me Cameron, for some reason. I had her as a Super Rare wrecker for a long time, then I got her as an Epic blind drop, and she was my first guaranteed Legendary pull.

I mean, it's nice having a solid Diva as a go to, but seeing how everyone else has gotten poo poo for Diva drops, it strikes me as odd.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

CopywrightMMXI posted:

*repeat 5 times*

Which reminds me... I can totally mod out the entire Divas division too and use that slot for another belt! Bring back the Hardcore title!

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I think people need to temper their expectations on what they'll be able to mod.

Also I'm still not 100% convinced some intern didn't accidentally mock up the wrong box art for that WWE Network screen grab.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

triplexpac posted:

I think people need to temper their expectations on what they'll be able to mod.

Dude this is a new world now. Someone WILL find a way. Fans made Just Cause 2 multiplayer and the game never came with a shred of programming to support it. Hell, people mod N64 wrestling games. poo poo, look at these renders in 2K14! They will find a way... if...

triplexpac posted:

Also I'm still not 100% convinced some intern didn't accidentally mock up the wrong box art for that WWE Network screen grab.

Yeah. I'm crossing my fingers but until it's official announcement it's not happening. I'm still wondering if that image is a Photoshop.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Cardboard Box posted:

they're not going to because Skyrim has actual modding tools and this game won't. there will be some basic stuff but don't get your hopes up for a ton of crazy mods.

Wasn't it the 2k NBA that someone mod together a looney toons team and they made it a DLC pack shortly afterwards?

efb

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches

Skunkrocker posted:

Yeah. I'm crossing my fingers but until it's official announcement it's not happening. I'm still wondering if that image is a Photoshop.

It was on the Network, during the Network Summerslam 2k15 Roster Reveal Special.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Borrowed Ladder posted:

It was on the Network, during the Network Summerslam 2k15 Roster Reveal Special.

Yeah... I know. Buuuuuut... no official word has dropped yet.

It could be a mistake.

When 2K Games says "It'll be on Steam in January" that is when I'll be on board.

I just realized how awesome VGCW will look when they can use the actual models in place of CAWs.

incredible bear
Jul 10, 2005

doing the bear maximum
KOTR Semi Final, I have one Male Solo match in round 2 and the game picks my Max SR Bray Wyatt ahead of my Max UR Cody Rhodes. It may cost me a much needed place in the final and I really need a new UR pair to improve at all.

Why would the AI screw me like this? I've made sure to top up my energy cards and use boosts throughout this round because it seems apparent the other guy's using nearly everything in his arsenal to win too. I'm so tense right now.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Just made the finals of an Epic KotR using the 'bench of poo poo cards to deflate your deck tier' strategy, hopefully gonna get my 3rd pro epic team member who isn't Up or Right and kick UR vince to the curb.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

triplexpac posted:

yeah, that's what i've been saying. i mean it will be cool if people can actually find a way to rip open the game files and change a ton of stuff but considering the lack of modability of a lot of games in recent years i'm not holding my breath.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
I really need a Diva upgrade. I'm tired of my SR Pro Paige losing most of the time.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

incredible bear posted:

KOTR Semi Final, I have one Male Solo match in round 2 and the game picks my Max SR Bray Wyatt ahead of my Max UR Cody Rhodes. It may cost me a much needed place in the final and I really need a new UR pair to improve at all.

Why would the AI screw me like this? I've made sure to top up my energy cards and use boosts throughout this round because it seems apparent the other guy's using nearly everything in his arsenal to win too. I'm so tense right now.

I have a hunch that the AI picks your solo cards from right to left, so try putting your stronger card in the a lot next to your diva and see if it works.

I noticed it picked my UR Pro Shawn Michaels over my Epic Pro Orton in a matchup Orton should've won, swapped Orton to the right hand slot, and it seems to pick him first the majority of the time now.

incredible bear
Jul 10, 2005

doing the bear maximum
I had had my stronger card towards the right, until I thought that might be a mistake and switched. I guess I'll switch back and see how that works, cheers.

I lost, now I'm stuck with 1 UR Brock that isn't worth building up unless I get another. I suppose I'll build up my SR Paiges until they're better than my 1 UR Bella, that's the only way I can improve my team for at least another 2 days.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I reached an UR finals, my prize was Ryback.

On one hand, Ryback isn't a good card.

On the other hand, any maxed UR Pro will be a big upgrade, and THE BIG GUY owns.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

BlueArmyMan posted:

SuperCard loves giving me Cameron, for some reason. I had her as a Super Rare wrecker for a long time, then I got her as an Epic blind drop, and she was my first guaranteed Legendary pull.

I mean, it's nice having a solid Diva as a go to, but seeing how everyone else has gotten poo poo for Diva drops, it strikes me as odd.

It's anecdotal but I seem to play against more high-tier Cameron's than any other diva card so maybe she's just more prevalent as you progress through the tiers?

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

smashpro1 posted:

I really need a Diva upgrade. I'm tired of my SR Pro Paige losing most of the time.

Back in my day, we'd have given our lives for a SR Pro Diva. I had an Uncommon Pro Natalya for ages, well into ultra rare rank. By golly.

incredible bear
Jul 10, 2005

doing the bear maximum
I still have a Maxxed out Rare Natalya lying around, waiting one day for me to get a second one so I can make it a Pro, even though I know it'll then lose it's value being fed to a higher card, there's no way I give up playing this game until the card catalogue is full.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Chinook posted:

Back in my day, we'd have given our lives for a SR Pro Diva. I had an Uncommon Pro Natalya for ages, well into ultra rare rank. By golly.

I know, but I'm in Legendary, and most of the Divas I'm encountering are at least UR Pro.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

CopywrightMMXI posted:

*repeat 5 times*

I am going to replace every single commentator line with Joey Styles screaming OH MY GAAAHD.

Not just the same sound bite either. As many as I can find, including the OH DIOS MIO ones.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
Why do I ever read any forum other than SA? I thought it might be interesting to have a look at the official Supercard forum to see if there's any information about future updates and special events or whatever and in my five minutes browsing through threads I saw:

- Why did you make John Cena the ladder reward card? It should have been CM Punk instead
- Can you make all cards have the same gold border as the ladder reward cards?
- So much creepy nerd innuendo about Paige
- So much sperging about people buying in-game credits
- An equal amount of sperging about people who are too cheap to buy in-game credits

Why is the internet full of so many awful people? :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

cyberia posted:

Why is the internet full of so many awful people? :negative:

Other forums are free and have bad mods.