Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cochise
Sep 11, 2011

There was like 5 double crosses in this episode. That's gotta be a record.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
So the new sheriff is woman unser(back when he was sheriff taking bribes)? I guess the cycle will just continue. Kind of zzzz if you ask me.

stuxracer
May 4, 2006

I thought for a second they wouldn't murder the guy that hit Gemma.

So close, guy that got introduced 30 minutes ago.

E: Jax is Master Pain (Kung Pow) in the finale just bro walking in town murdering people

stuxracer fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Sep 24, 2014

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
Isn't that vandal turned babysitter, now hooker it seems like 15?

SmellsLikeToast
Dec 30, 2005

A GREATER MAN THAN I DESERVE
I wish I could not hate-watch but I have to see this train wreck through. It seems everybody's pretty much resigned to everybody dying at this point.

Jury or Dury or whatever the gently caress is gonna ambush the club then people will be picked off slowly until the end where Jax will either kill himself or commit suicide by cop. Or maybe Marks will kill him while Peggy sings "Hate to Say I Told You So" in the style of Art Garfunkel.

Everybody's death is meaningless at this point. It's inevitable. We're just waiting on the other shoe to drop. They're completely hosed from all sides. There's no possible way out of it from any group. The story is so convoluted it would take a time machine and neuralizers from MIB to leave even one person alive. Oh hell, what am I saying? This is Sutter we're talking about, the king of the most ridiculous Deus Ex Machina bullshit in history.

gently caress.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Holy poo poo I was only half paying attention to the episode then a fight breaks out and everybody goes 'oh nooo' and I look up at the TV and it's just Abel standing there like a dope with that weird animatronic uncanney valley face and I burst out laughing.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

Holy poo poo I was only half paying attention to the episode then a fight breaks out and everybody goes 'oh nooo' and I look up at the TV and it's just Abel standing there like a dope with that weird animatronic uncanney valley face and I burst out laughing.

Didn't you see what that young actor was doing there? The choice he made?

He went with 'seething w/ resentment' as a character choice to play the scene and it just flowed as a scene. I drat near thought he was going to make Gemma's head explode from his gaze. He was just standing there, studying all this bullshit that had become Grandma's life and you just know that kid was getting to the bottom of things as he didn't blink.

Dead Snoopy fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Sep 24, 2014

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
Maybe he's just upset they spent all that money on a really nice kitchen in the whorehouse yet nobody seems to use it except for white trash brawls.

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt
We got a doublecross shooting I'm so happy~

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

SmellsLikeToast posted:

Everybody's death is meaningless at this point. It's inevitable. We're just waiting on the other shoe to drop. They're completely hosed from all sides. There's no possible way out of it from any group. The story is so convoluted it would take a time machine and neuralizers from MIB to leave even one person alive. Oh hell, what am I saying? This is Sutter we're talking about, the king of the most ridiculous Deus Ex Machina bullshit in history.

gently caress.

You really did forget what show you were watching. The club will easily get out of this jam through elaborate schemes that make no sense.

I laughed out loud when the Sons betrayed those guys looking for the guns. Of course they did. People STILL trust the Sons? My god, what will it take?! I seriously have no idea on which clubs are allies, which ones are enemies, which ones are going to be betrayed. I just assume everyone is betraying everyone. And what happened to the Irish? I'm sure someone needed their guns, or were they after guns?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

pentyne posted:

The last shot of this show is definitely going to be every in the club dies, Unser strolls into the clubhouse whistling a jaunty tune, pouring gas every where, and tossing a lit joint to start the blaze as he strolls out. The camera pains over to the table and pulls back as the fire consumes the SoA carving.

Problem.

:420: doesn't accelerate flame well, if at all. This is why stoners will sometimes roll just a hint of tobacco in with their joints, to keep the drat things lit. In liquid gasoline, it would just fizzle out.

In these thirty seconds, I have put more critical thought into the situation than Kurt Sutter has in his 7 years of showrunning.

Vag Assault Weapon
Aug 12, 2014

Everything in this show is just so loving devoid of any logic it's baffling. Gangs are willing to engage in what would be life long blood vendettas for what would amount to maybe $250 each, sheriffs are happy (or at least without complaint) to be bought off for $2,000, a main character who knows his mom is a double crossing bitch who killed her own husband, his father and has a long established feud with the wife that was just murdered but for some reason he without question believes her convoluted story about seeing a mysterious Asian creeping around the house that she didn't bother to report to anybody at the club because...she didn't know Tara was home?

Black kingpin is a conglomerate owning motherfucker being chauffeured in a Rolls Royce but his minions will turn on him for half a K of coke split up a dozen different ways.

There's zero logic for Juice sticking around but he has to because whatever convoluted bullshit Sutter has come up with demands it.

Peg Bundy has now started explaining the plot verbally to herself out of nowhere.

I can't go back to screen cap it but if somebody else wants to make sure I'm not imagining it, when Wendy drops autist kid off at school there's a loving midget in the background pretending to be a child.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

comes along bort posted:

Maybe he's just upset they spent all that money on a really nice kitchen in the whorehouse yet nobody seems to use it except for white trash brawls.
They don't seem to actually have a kitchen staff so maybe the kitchen is just there for clients who have fantasies about having sex in a kitchen?

Like the dad was getting his face pounded in on a sex table.

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

Vag Assault Weapon posted:

I can't go back to screen cap it but if somebody else wants to make sure I'm not imagining it, when Wendy drops autist kid off at school there's a loving midget in the background pretending to be a child.

:laffo:

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

comes along bort posted:

Isn't that vandal turned babysitter, now hooker it seems like 15?

When did they say she was a hooker? I think I missed that.

Vag Assault Weapon
Aug 12, 2014

Nevermind I went back and capped it, it's when Nero/Wendy go to the school

http://imgur.com/14iRUSx

There's like some weird CGI poo poo going on there with her lower body, it looks like they tried to put some actual kid's legs on it but then forgot about that giant rear end foot entirely

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Why is Nero always wearing see-through net shirts

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Let's do this.

:science: Skankenstein Lives!
:zombie: "Skankenstein...horny."

I may be :gay:, but can I watch Skankenstein instead?

Edit: Waitaminute...

Ghostpilot TWO seasons ago posted:

Maybe they're part of some organ donor program for needy prostitutes. Or they spend their downtime performing unusual experiments:

"Keep that thumb and tit on ice, ese. Para la ciencia!" :science:

Sutter's reading the thread! :tinfoil: Really though, this is closer to the feel of the earlier seasons of SoA. That's really been the issue with the show: when it embraces how ridiculous it all is, the show works. It's when it aspires to be deep and clever where everything falls apart.

So Juice did return to Wendy's after all. The dope.

Y'know, as he questions Juice, I really want to believe that Unser is playing everybody for personal gain, but I know he's absolutely loving clueless on who killed Tara. Even if everybody has forgotten what has happened in last season's finale, what possible reason would Juice have to conceal information about Tara's murder? Now cross this with asking why Gemma, who gives zero fucks about anyone who doesn't benefit her, would go to such lengths to hide Juice from the MC and her own son?

Nero's moving operations again and unbeknownst to him, Gemma gives his birds away.

Ghostpilot from two seasons ago posted:

"Name them Carl & Carla. :love: Gemma." Wait a sec, wasn't that the name of Nero's step-sister who forced them to have sex at gunpoint before blowing her brains out? :wtc: Gemma?!
Her evil knows no bounds. And yet Nero dotes over her. :rolleyes: Gemma also brings Abel to the whorehouse. I'm just going to go out on a limb and say this is a bad idea.

Okay, I did get a chuckle out of Jax's "12 Inches a Slave" line. Man, it'd sure be inconvenient to Jax's story if anyone were to followup by talking to the Indian Hill's charter that he claims this unbelievable tip came from. But what am I saying, it's not as though Jax hasn't given everyone he's encountered a reason to distrust him, right?

I like that the new sheriff is asking the questions that ought to be asked. Too bad she's only had a total of 90 seconds of screentime in 3 episodes.

I'm a little skeeved out. Ratboy and Brooke is having sex while Thomas is asleep in the crib in the same room. Couples with newborns do that all the time. Except Brooke is the babysitter, and looks like she's fourteen. Fifteen, tops. Wendy scolding him that she's just a kid doesn't help. Jesus.

Goddamn, nearly 20 minutes in and we're still watching credits.

Well what do you know? At the whorehouse Abel sees a guy beat his daughter, watches Gemma get slapped and Nero flip his poo poo and nearly kill the guy. Also, it occurs to me that we're nearing two dozen murders so far this season and the first time the police show up anywhere is when Gemma gets slapped.

Scratch what I said about the new sheriff, Abel is the one asking the hard questions! You may save this season yet, lil' fella. :unsmith:

It never ceases to amaze me how everybody trusts everybody else on this show: you've just splintered from your gang, a bunch of bikers from your rival show up with an offer that's too good to be true. You and your men meet them at an vacant warehouse, put your guns away and turn your backs to them.

As stupid as Jax is, he still somehow manages to find people stupider than he is.

:sigh: Last season I made the observation that in SoA, you're either corrupt or stupid. The new sheriff has just alluded to the former, and that she wants to gently caress Chibs - all within three minutes of meeting them.

"An APB on Juice would be very bad." How is there not an APB on him already? He's part of the MC and a suspect in a double murder! One of who was a high-ranking police officer!

:sigh: "Jesus Christ" count: 1
:sigh: "poo poo" count: 1
I wonder how many takes they need to get that sigh into poo poo / Jesus Christ delivery every episode. Think they have a shorthand for it? Anyway.
:sigh: "Jesus Christ" count: 2

So Unser tricks Chibs into meeting him in a diner with Juice. Juice, being an idiot, thinks that there's some way he can earn his way back into the club after betraying them twice.

"If I were you, I'd get that gun, put it in my mouth and pull the trigger."
That's just mean, Chibs. This is a guy who's failed to kill himself four times. Do you think you'd be having this conversation if he were even remotely competent?

The worst part? He was trying to drown himself.

Juice leaves the diner and Chibs moves to go after him before being stopped by Unser:
"Don't. There's a dozen badges between you and the door."
A dozen badges who apparently give no shits about a member of a notorious biker gang suspected of school shootings, bombings and countless homicides strolling right past them.

:sigh: "poo poo" count: 2
:sigh: "Jesus" count: 3

MS Paint Shooting Spree!

Although he's Gemma's doormat, I do like image of Nero with a machine gun.

Aw, Sheriff Jarry and Chibs are comparing scars in a parking garage. I think it may be love, you guys. :allears:

Unser is checking Juice into a hotel under his name. The one guy the police is hunting for. The same police that Unser is now working for. What could possibly go wrong? Everything.

Theo Huxtable after smashing up a Chinese massage parlor with a baseball bat: "those were some skinny-rear end hoes, man. What's up with that poo poo?" Where did Cliff and Claire go so wrong? :(

And so begins the montage. :wtc: This is so loving stupid. Earlier in the day, this happens:

That night, the woman you backhanded across a kitchen and called the police on finds out where you live and shows up to your house with a cake. You not only invite her in, but you turn your back to her and the open door. Then you are shocked. SHOCKED, when this happens:

Followed by her enraged biker son stomping you into the carpet like the world's biggest, bloodiest cigarette butt.

I've started to gloss over parts of the gunrunning plot because it only makes less sense the further it goes along. I doubt even Sutter can make heads or tails of it at this point. But anyway, a lot of action this episode with some set ups to things that could potentially be interesting. At this point you may as well forget most of what has happened last season, because none of it seems to apply anymore.

Ghostpilot fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Sep 24, 2014

Vag Assault Weapon
Aug 12, 2014

All of the CGI has been hilariously bad, the getting dragged in the wheelchair, the shots, whatever the poo poo they're doing with the midget, how does a show keep gaining viewers but having its budget cut? If it isn't being cut what the gently caress else is Sutter doing with the money?

Rhetorical, please don't answer that.

GuyDudeBroMan
Jun 3, 2013

by Ralp

SmellsLikeToast posted:

I wish I could not hate-watch but I have to see this train wreck through. It seems everybody's pretty much resigned to everybody dying at this point.

Jury or Dury or whatever the gently caress is gonna ambush the club then people will be picked off slowly until the end where Jax will either kill himself or commit suicide by cop. Or maybe Marks will kill him while Peggy sings "Hate to Say I Told You So" in the style of Art Garfunkel.

gently caress.

I'm gonna bet the ending is something like the ending from Devils Rejects. A romanticized scene of Jaxx going out in a blaze of glory, suicide by cop type deal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOadx4ZICaQ

Also, I have no loving idea what is going on. Jaxx is trying to frame people so all the factions turn on each other in some giant machiavellian end game strategy right?

Are these all the factions?

Yellow - Chinese Triad gang headed by Lin
Black 1 - Popes old gang, now headed by August Meaks
Black 2 - 1-9ers MC from Oakland
Black 3 - Grim Reapers MC
Brown - Mayans MC

So.... Can someone maybe break this down for me? Black 1 was in control of all the Blacks but Jaxx is trying to influence Black 2 to turn on Black 1 right? Where does Black 3 fit in? Jaxx also framed Black 2 as well so now Brown is at war with Black 2? But Jaxx's only real goal here is to destroy Yellow because he blames them for killing his wife. Then how come he didn't frame any of the big factions so they would go to war with Yellow? Why did he just frame some nobodies instead? Shouldn't his goal be to get all the other factions in a war vs Yellow? Why set up Black vs Brown? How does that help destroy Yellow?

This is too hard to follow.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...
If anything, gang war in Charming would mean the Triad get to sell more guns to the Mayans, who are now in a better position for a gang war now that the black gangs are all at war with eachother. I... think Jax is trying to create a demand for guns but sabotage Triad gun trade enough so they can't supply the guns they need to fuel the gang war, and at the same time have the Sons step in and become everyone's gun source, but I can't help but feel that if anyone in this world remembers past betrayals at all (which, to be fair, they don't), why the hell would anyone trust the Sons to remain a neutral third party selling guns to every faction? And where are they even getting guns from, I thought the whole point of the last season is now the black gangs get their guns directly from the IRA?

GuyDudeBroMan
Jun 3, 2013

by Ralp
Yeah I'm pretty sure the Sons don't have any gun connection at all now. That was like the entire point of the last few seasons.

I guess maybe this will end with a Godfather 1 type of deal where every single rival faction gets wiped out at once, leaving the Sons alone as the last surviving gang. I still think Jaxx has to die somehow, so he can leave his journal to his kids warning them not to follow in his footsteps.

Pretty sure once the Sons "win" the game and are the last gang left, Jaxx will get taken out by Jury in an act of revenge or something. That's probably what will happen.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

GuyDudeBroMan posted:

Yeah I'm pretty sure the Sons don't have any gun connection at all now. That was like the entire point of the last few seasons.

I guess maybe this will end with a Godfather 1 type of deal where every single rival faction gets wiped out at once, leaving the Sons alone as the last surviving gang. I still think Jaxx has to die somehow, so he can leave his journal to his kids warning them not to follow in his footsteps.

Pretty sure once the Sons "win" the game and are the last gang left, Jaxx will get taken out by Jury in an act of revenge or something. That's probably what will happen.

Haha yeah right, Jury's going to try and fail. There will be a scene with Jax being such a cool dude and acting like he forgives him for it, but then bam bam bam he didn't forgive you at all!

GuyDudeBroMan
Jun 3, 2013

by Ralp
I just hope Gemma and Jaxx loving die somehow. They are both such huge unlikeable dicks. Not even anti-heros like Walter White at this point either. They are just terrible horrible people and need to be loving killed.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Sooooo is Jimmy Smits gonna even get pulled in for basic questioning regarding his role in the loving machine gun shooting of like, 5 people? I realize this is just gang members taking each other out, but poo poo tends to hit the fan when mass murders go down.

Oh no wait, they gave that lady sheriff $2,000. I'm sure they can rack up like, 500 more bodies before anyone bothers to think about investigating.

haljordan fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Sep 24, 2014

PovRayMan
Dec 25, 2002

Never get Freudian on a man holding a pickle.
I'm a cybernetic organism. Living tissue over metal endoskeleton.

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

PovRayMan posted:

Aaaaaaahahahahahaahaaha

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

PovRayMan posted:

This is correct.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

PovRayMan posted:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I haven't seen the episode yet, I don't get it. Spoil/explain?

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

PovRayMan posted:

I can't wait for Jax to have to tell Abel that Gemma died, and Abel will just stare back dead eyed and not give a poo poo. Probably say something like "Oh, well who takes care of me now?".

I've changed my mind, the best ending would be a 15 year timeskip with Abel reading Jax's writings, shaking his head and tossing them in a fire, then saying goodbye to Unser (who would clearly still be alive) and heading back to Boston/DC/New York to return to med school. As he drives off the camera pans into the burning trash and we see the classic Gemma/John photo burn slowly from the edges until it vanishes.

Or even better, Abel finding John's old writings, thinking they're pretty good, and getting them publishing in Rolling Stone/Vice etc. and ignoring his own father's comedic descent into crime.

pentyne fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Sep 25, 2014

stuxracer
May 4, 2006

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I haven't seen the episode yet, I don't get it. Spoil/explain?
his expression has never changed. Not just one episode but the entire show.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

I love this thread so much.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
I like how video gamey this episode was

"Sorry, Jax. I'd love to back you against Marks, but first you have to kill this one guy"

"Ok, you killed that one guy, now help me smash up the Chinese businesses. Press RT to swing the bat!"

mewse
May 2, 2006

I'm really enjoying imagining the autistic abel kid as the goon hive mind self-insert asking the hard hitting questions

e: fight breaks out in the kitchen, camera pans to goon kid, goon kid is wearing an expression of mild disinterest

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

mewse posted:

I'm really enjoying imagining the autistic abel kid as the goon hive mind self-insert asking the hard hitting questions

e: fight breaks out in the kitchen, camera pans to goon kid, goon kid is wearing an expression of mild disinterest

Come to think of it, that's at least the second fight (possibly third) that has taken place in that kitchen. It's like they look for excuses to throw each other into a comical amount of pots and pans. Seriously, there are restaurants that would be envious of this brothel's kitchen equipment.

Ghostpilot fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Sep 25, 2014

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

mewse posted:

This is really going to help make the episodes more watchable, thanks!

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Ghostpilot posted:

Come to think of it, that's at least the second fight (possibly third) that has taken place in that kitchen. It's like they look for excuses to throw each other into a comical amount of pots and pans. Seriously, there are restaurants that would be envious of this brothel's kitchen equipment.

There should be more fruit stands in Charming.

Scissorfighter
Oct 7, 2007

With all rocks and papers vanquished, they turn on eachother...

This is my favorite thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

http://youtu.be/x2I7HJMOfYA

• Locked thread