Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
drat that's pretty legit Windshipper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?
I'm pretty sure if everyone does this with with terrible posters with played out gimmicks, to some extent or another, it'll either make this the best forum ever or the worst forum ever.

Either way, Parm needs to put his money where his mouth is or shut up about a decent (not great, but not terrible) quarterback that more than a few teams in the league would like to have.

And if he shuts up about the chiefs GM until training camp AS WELL AS Alex Smith, I'll make it 6-8 sentences per post in the aftermath thread where I will describe how both Alex Smith and Whatshisface (John Dorsey iirc?) contributed to the loss.

Edit, and to clarify, it will obviously start with the games on this coming weekend. If Patriots win, I will purchase NFL game rewind by the following Sunday and have a post in the aftermath thread describing how Alex Smith contributed to the loss, etc. Rinse and repeat for the rest of the chiefs games this season (post will be made before kickoff of the next chiefs game).

windshipper fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Sep 24, 2014

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
windshipper I hope you enjoy watching sad movies cause that is what the chiefs season is going to look like with all the injuries they have already

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

windshipper posted:

I am not a chiefs fan and so rarely watch their games. I hereby challenge you to this:

On the long shot that the chiefs win this game, you will never again make a negative comment about Alex Smith until the start of training camp next year.

If the Patriots win against the chiefs, I will purchase NFL Game Rewind and watch every Chiefs game of this season (this week's and beyond.. Not retroactive) during the following week and post 3-4 sentences in the aftermath thread saying how I feel that Alex Smith contributed to the chiefs either losing that game or how his play could have lost the chiefs that game.

Do we have a deal?

This is how sick I am of reading your stupid, played out, irrational, terrible posts about Alex Smith - whether they are deserved or not.

And yes, I am willing to toxx this. Ask superaielman about my loyalty to toxxes.

Godspeed, windshipper.

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

re-watching the Giants game on game rewind

Guess which pass rushing guy in white is JJ Watt!

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Metapod posted:

windshipper I hope you enjoy watching sad movies cause that is what the chiefs season is going to look like with all the injuries they have already

I watched Jim Mora Jr. and Tim Ruskell destroy the Seahawks. I've seen Dennis Erickson coaching.

Andy Reid is an improvement over both. I'll live.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

windshipper posted:

I watched Jim Mora Jr. and Tim Ruskell destroy the Seahawks. I've seen Dennis Erickson coaching.

Andy Reid is an improvement over both. I'll live.

They have prepared you for this very moment

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Metapod posted:

They have prepared you for this very moment

Allahu Ackbar.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
The Dorsey thing could get complicated, I mean you'd have to research a whole lot of poo poo (assuming you don't know much about the Chiefs) to do that competently. Hell, I've watched every game and paid pretty decent attention for years and I don't know if I'd trust myself to attempt that.

Actually I'm probably making it too complicated, saying they should have kept Albert or should have drafted whoever without figuring out exactly how or why isn't bad.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Grittybeard posted:

The Dorsey thing could get complicated, I mean you'd have to research a whole lot of poo poo (assuming you don't know much about the Chiefs) to do that competently. Hell, I've watched every game and paid pretty decent attention for years and I don't know if I'd trust myself to attempt that.

Actually I'm probably making it too complicated, saying they should have kept Albert or should have drafted whoever without figuring out exactly how or why isn't bad.

I'm not saying it'd be accurate or great commentary. Just that I would make it.

I'd revert to poor draft choices, comments on his draft picks, comments on him re-signing alex smith, etc.

Something like that. It'd be a combination of 6-8 sentences per post criticizing both Alex Smith and John Dorsey. I'm not going to spend 6-8 sentences on each of them individually.

Don't get me wrong. I'd do the best I could to be accurate as possible in each post. That said, I'm not a Pro Football Commentator or some poo poo. I'd just do my best for each post.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

windshipper posted:

I'm not saying it'd be accurate or great commentary. Just that I would make it.

I'd revert to poor draft choices, comments on his draft picks, comments on him re-signing alex smith, etc.

Something like that. It'd be a combination of 6-8 sentences per post criticizing both Alex Smith and John Dorsey. I'm not going to spend 6-8 sentences on each of them individually.

Don't get me wrong. I'd do the best I could to be accurate as possible in each post. That said, I'm not a Pro Football Commentator or some poo poo. I'd just do my best for each post.

For your sake I hope that Smith has 6-8 huge and easily identifiable mistakes per game because your fate is not looking too great.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Menamino posted:

This is honestly the funniest football photo I've seen in ages, they're stacked up like mooks fighting Adam West Batman.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Is it really that time of year already, where Bears and Packers fans spend the whole week trying to argue that their team is worse?

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.
if we're toxxing, i'll undergo baptism if russell wilson leads us to another super bowl victory

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

wheez the roux posted:

if we're toxxing, i'll undergo baptism if russell wilson leads us to another super bowl victory

If someone reminds me tomorrow or something, I'll figure out an OP to make a toxx thread for this NFL season. No guarantees on quality.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

to make me hate myself less for that toxx i'll also donate $100 each to seattle children's hospital, children's home, and children's alliance in the event we win the super bowl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kWvlglt5b0&t=23s

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

wheez the roux posted:

Grittybeard posted:

The baptism thing could get complicated, I mean you'd have to research a whole lot of poo poo (assuming you don't know much about Christianity other than making fun of it) to do that competently. Hell, I've been baptized myself and have been able to quote bible sources for years if I wanted to and I don't know if I'd trust myself to attempt that.

Actually I'm probably making it too complicated, get a priest to dunk you and be done with it.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

if russ repeats it's because God is Real and i will have no problem accepting His Holiness, my Tiny Football God. have a blessed day

Bloodborne
Sep 24, 2008

Borsche69 posted:

Steve Smith is going to skull gently caress the Panthers.

Steve Smith vs Roman Harper fight. Gonna be good.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Menamino posted:

:lol: Triple teams? How many snaps was he group hugging a guard/tackle/tight end? This seems like a job for a delayed rush linebacker, please tell me they at least tried that at some point.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Bojay Filmoeatu is a rookie UDFA. He was signed to the active squad eleven days ago, then cut nine days ago, then signed again last Saturday. He didn't play a down of competitive football in 2013. He is our starting WLB. Why. Why why why why why.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

GNU Order posted:

Is it really that time of year already, where Bears and Packers fans spend the whole week trying to argue that their team is worse?

Yeah pretty much. And seriously, have you SEEN the Packers this year? Their only win was against a Jets team that played like poo poo after getting a 21-3 lead and just not really trying that much anymore.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Fenrir posted:

Yeah pretty much. And seriously, have you SEEN the Packers this year? Their only win was against a Jets team that played like poo poo after getting a 21-3 lead and just not really trying that much anymore.

Yes. But at the same time conventional analysis goes out the window when the Chicago Bears and the Green Bay Packers play each other.

Like, somehow Jared Allen and Julius Peppers will get into and old man sack duel that ends with the heat death of the universe

darkforce898
Sep 11, 2007

Chilichimp posted:

:lol: Triple teams? How many snaps was he group hugging a guard/tackle/tight end? This seems like a job for a delayed rush linebacker, please tell me they at least tried that at some point.

I'm thinking the guy on the left had an assignment that dropped back. He doesn't look like he is doing anything

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
I think the Falcons will beat Minnesota but what the gently caress do I know considering I expected falcons-bucs to be close.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

windshipper posted:

I am not a chiefs fan and so rarely watch their games. I hereby challenge you to this:

On the long shot that the chiefs win this game, you will never again make a negative comment about Alex Smith until the start of training camp next year.

If the Patriots win against the chiefs, I will purchase NFL Game Rewind and watch every Chiefs game of this season (this week's and beyond.. Not retroactive) during the following week and post 3-4 sentences in the aftermath thread saying how I feel that Alex Smith contributed to the chiefs either losing that game or how his play could have lost the chiefs that game.

Do we have a deal?

This is how sick I am of reading your stupid, played out, irrational, terrible posts about Alex Smith - whether they are deserved or not.

And yes, I am willing to toxx this. Ask superaielman about my loyalty to toxxes.

It's a deal. Chiefs won't win and you'll see exactly why.

windshipper posted:

I'm pretty sure if everyone does this with with terrible posters with played out gimmicks, to some extent or another, it'll either make this the best forum ever or the worst forum ever.

Either way, Parm needs to put his money where his mouth is or shut up about a decent (not great, but not terrible) quarterback that more than a few teams in the league would like to have.

And if he shuts up about the chiefs GM until training camp AS WELL AS Alex Smith, I'll make it 6-8 sentences per post in the aftermath thread where I will describe how both Alex Smith and Whatshisface (John Dorsey iirc?) contributed to the loss.

Edit, and to clarify, it will obviously start with the games on this coming weekend. If Patriots win, I will purchase NFL game rewind by the following Sunday and have a post in the aftermath thread describing how Alex Smith contributed to the loss, etc. Rinse and repeat for the rest of the chiefs games this season (post will be made before kickoff of the next chiefs game).

This is also a deal. I have no doubts in my mind that a loss will be the direct result of a Smith weakness, just like in the Denver game. It could also come down to a bad Dorsey decision (cutting up the O-line, no receivers, no corners, etc.). Also, if you are really committed, I could recommend some games from last year that Smith either lost or nearly made a loss, but I understand if you don't want to do that. It's not exactly fun or worthwhile to go that far back.

I hereby pledge to stop posting about Smith and Dorsey if I lost this bet. :toxx: accepted.

windshipper posted:

Parm, if you don't accept that toxx, then please accept the fact that if you have nothing worth posting (like I usually do in these matchup and analysis threads), don't post at all.

This has always been true though.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

GNU Order posted:

Yes. But at the same time conventional analysis goes out the window when the Chicago Bears and the Green Bay Packers play each other.

Like, somehow Jared Allen and Julius Peppers will get into and old man sack duel that ends with the heat death of the universe

I'd watch that.

I also secretly hope that the Packers lose this week. And probably a bunch more the rest of the season, as a way of hopefully instilling some humility into the Packers fans I know.

ChewyLSB
Jan 13, 2008

Destroy the core
I'm pretty sure even Patriots fans should be rooting for the Chiefs this weekend.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

GNU Order posted:

You know, nothing would surprise me at this point. And gently caress it, I'd watch Peppers and Allen have a sack race all loving day. That said, I'm still having a hard time realizing it's them, in the new uniforms. I'm so used to Peppers on the Bears and Allen on the Vikings that I sometimes forget where they are.

Then again, other than a few plays in the Lions game, it's pretty hard to notice Peppers anyway. He hasn't really done much aside from that 5 minutes.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Fenrir posted:

You know, nothing would surprise me at this point. And gently caress it, I'd watch Peppers and Allen have a sack race all loving day. That said, I'm still having a hard time realizing it's them, in the new uniforms. I'm so used to Peppers on the Bears and Allen on the Vikings that I sometimes forget where they are.

Then again, other than a few plays in the Lions game, it's pretty hard to notice Peppers anyway. He hasn't really done much aside from that 5 minutes.

Well, seems like you guys are getting the 2013 Julius Peppers experience, just wait til later in the year when he's even more worn down.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Fenrir posted:

Yeah, so, Julius Peppers then

Allen has been about as relevant (i.e. barely). A bit more productive but not as flashy

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Parmesan Basil posted:

It's a deal. Chiefs won't win and you'll see exactly why.

This is also a deal. I have no doubts in my mind that a loss will be the direct result of a Smith weakness, just like in the Denver game. It could also come down to a bad Dorsey decision (cutting up the O-line, no receivers, no corners, etc.). Also, if you are really committed, I could recommend some games from last year that Smith either lost or nearly made a loss, but I understand if you don't want to do that. It's not exactly fun or worthwhile to go that far back.

I hereby pledge to stop posting about Smith and Dorsey if I lost this bet. :toxx: accepted.

This has always been true though.

Someone enshrine this post forever, so we can have it as proof forever.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Chilichimp posted:

You can only really :lol: at the triple team if the rest of the defense makes the line pay for devoting so much attention to a single player. As you can see from the image...

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Intruder posted:

You can only really :lol: at the triple team if the rest of the defense makes the line pay for devoting so much attention to a single player. As you can see from the image...

This was a :lol: for precisely the fact that the Texans were so ineffective even with, apparently, triple teams on 1 defensive end.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

GNU Order posted:

Yeah, so, Julius Peppers then

Allen has been about as relevant (i.e. barely). A bit more productive but not as flashy

Allen was doing great against D'Brickashaw. Got tons of pressure and was actually beating him on some plays.

Then you realize that he sold out on the pass so hard that the runningback didn't ever need to try and avoid Allen, since he did a great job of taking himself out of plays.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Bort2Hurns all day

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Chilichimp posted:

Yeah they brought pressure up the middle a couple of times, one of them being an all out blitz that Eli hit Cruz for a TD on when Cruz juked the first defender and no one was there to back him up. The common denominator on both those plays was Rashad Jennings. I didn't know he was such a good pass protector when the Giants got him, but he's really helped a lot in that regard. On the play in the picture he stands up Brian Cushing off the edge, and on the other TD pass he made a nice block on someone up the middle.

Watt wasn't triple teamed all day or anything, him moving around on the line a lot helps prevent that. I just thought that picture was really funny because the Giants would rather have three 1-on-1 matchups and a 1-on-3 with Watt. The Texans really need Clowney back.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

No Butt Stuff posted:

Someone enshrine this post forever, so we can have it as proof forever.

Let's do it. No ragrets.

Lee Harvey Oswald
Mar 17, 2007

by exmarx
Goddamn, are the Packers ever gonna get to play at home?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Lee Harvey Oswald posted:

Goddamn, are the Packers ever gonna get to play at home?

That's advantageous as hell, I would much rather be at home most weeks from weeks 8-16 when teams are worn down and have to travel rather than when teams are relatively fresh.

Then again, I guess if you completely screw up on the first part of the schedule the back part doesn't matter much...

• Locked thread