Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
univbee
Jun 3, 2004

ANIME MONSTROSITY posted:

australia and nz are getting the new 3dses first

lol

well, second, but still lol

man, a bunch of crazy europeans are going to hammer australian stores for the first time and they're not going to know what the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

cool
gonna import it if i manage to find my games before 2015

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
because they could be in london or greece for all i know

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

ANIME MONSTROSITY posted:

cool
gonna import it if i manage to find my games before 2015

Don't know about how the eshop will work though, if anyone even cares

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
no europeans buy games on the eshop tbh

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Same thing is happening across the board with electronics and games. Seems like they've gone from 'Aus/NZ? gently caress those backwaters.' to 'Hmm, small test market area to release products into first.'

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

SynthOrange posted:

Same thing is happening across the board with electronics and games. Seems like they've gone from 'Aus/NZ? gently caress those backwaters.' to 'Hmm, small test market area to release products into first.'

aus nz seem to have fairly large 'hardcore' communities relative to their size too

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

SynthOrange posted:

Too bad we all import everything now.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I honestly kinda miss the social interaction in hearthstone, people can't be dickheads because they can't really express anything at all in 5-6 emotes

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 349 days!
That sounds extremely pathetic

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

wesley snypes posted:

That sounds extremely pathetic

Lol.

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord
did anyone make a joke about radium and "titan" yet

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

univbee posted:

well, second, but still lol

man, a bunch of crazy europeans are going to hammer australian stores for the first time and they're not going to know what the gently caress

why would you import a new 3ds for literally no other reason than to have it

Katana Gomai fucked around with this message at 11:15 on Sep 24, 2014

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Cool JRPG likers say that 13 gets pretty good when it oepns up, and then 13-2 is even better. I can;t wait until it's $2 or whatever.

It's true. XIII-2 is all the good parts of XIII and then some. Anyone who dislikes it is just a hater having to hate.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Katana Gomai posted:

why would you import a new 3ds for literally no other reason than to have it

EDIT hang on, saw your post in the other thread, you're referencing the fact that there isn't really anything to gain from having one until stuff like Xenoblade are released? i can't remember the last time that stopped nintendo shoppers

i'm just picturing a bunch of australian shops going "hang on, they want us to send them goods and not the other way around?" and just having no idea how to cope with the demand, was there ever a reason at all to import games from australia to europe before?

univbee fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Sep 24, 2014

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

It's true. XIII-2 is all the good parts of XIII and then some. Anyone who dislikes it is just a hater having to hate.

13 was so great that I couldn't make it an hour into 13-2. It started off with that long cutscene that didn't make any sense, it felt like I had to read a prequal comic or something to understand what was happening. Also, 1 disc - wtf?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Valeyard posted:

Also, 1 disc - wtf?

ff13 was always 1 disc :colbert:

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
i bought ff13 for $10 like a year and a half ago and got about an hour in before shelving, then last year picked it up again and restarted to have anything make sense. got 5 hours in, put it down again to play literally anything else

i don't think i'll ever give it another shot because i just can't play through the intro again but i also can't remember anything about it or how to play to pick up the old save

there's also the fact that i put in 6 hours and it didn't manage to grab me in that time so that might be a sign

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

univbee posted:

ff13 was always 1 disc :colbert:

13-1 had 3 discs for all those glorious pre rendered scenes! (maybe this was some Xbox limitation since no bluray discs)

Kenny Logins posted:

i bought ff13 for $10 like a year and a half ago and got about an hour in before shelving, then last year picked it up again and restarted to have anything make sense. got 5 hours in, put it down again to play literally anything else

i don't think i'll ever give it another shot because i just can't play through the intro again but i also can't remember anything about it or how to play to pick up the old save

there's also the fact that i put in 6 hours and it didn't manage to grab me in that time so that might be a sign

So yeah when I got the game, at launch, I put 9 hours into it then gave up. Fast forward to last year and one of my friends was playing it, so I decide to give it another go (then another friend joins in and it becomes a kind of race) and I ended up really loving loving it. But it was defo helped by playing it while talking in party chat with friends around the same level/missions and stuff. But it owned nonetheless

Valeyard fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Sep 24, 2014

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Kuvo posted:

please dont dote

this but also did they seriously change the map :eyepop:

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Korean Boomhauer posted:

i did but it helped i played okay and didnt get yelled at a lot and i did a lot of burping/farting into the mic

i will have you know that in your absence i have maintained a policy that every burp must be broadcast

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Liver Disaster posted:

hey hubris, reading off a disk that isnt bluray fuckin blows its worth it to just buy a digital copy

on the bright side i have ps2 era bruce staring straight at me as the disk tries to catch up and fails

why isn't xenogears on the psn for the vita is there a special place where they hide the psone classics for the vita? i bought persona 2 ep last night cause its four bucks, but i couldn't find p3p or p2 is either

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Cool JRPG likers say that 13 gets pretty good when it oepns up, and then 13-2 is even better. I can;t wait until it's $2 or whatever.

no don't ffxiii is a 30 hour grind to "the fun part" which is arguably 10 hours of gameplay if you take it slow

ffxiii-2 is time travel schlock with the same battle system except monster allies

Kenny Logins posted:

honestly you can just hold the stick forward and tap x for the first 30 hours of the game

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

this isn't true though. you revisit the same locations multiple times with differences in encounters for the most part, and going through an area is grindy bullshit every time, with no real way to speed it up. the most interesting part, unlocking new nodes by getting things, doesn't happen nearly as often as it should or lead to as many interesting locations or location-states as it should

the game was a tri ace cast work and i want it to be good so they can make another game someday but it just was not as much fun as it could have been and serah is insufferable as the ~*~vulnerable female protagonist~*~

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

univbee posted:

EDIT hang on, saw your post in the other thread, you're referencing the fact that there isn't really anything to gain from having one until stuff like Xenoblade are released? i can't remember the last time that stopped nintendo shoppers

yea exactly that, but i know you're right. especially since the price would probably end up not far above the regular EU price even with shipping and import tax on top of it; 250 AUD is 172€ and the msrp for a regular XL is 190€ already, new xl will probably be 200€+

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

Notorious QIG posted:

yes they did

Reworked terrain surrounding the Roshan area
Reworked terrain around the Dire bottom lane
Reworked terrain below the Top Radiant Tier 1 Tower
Reworked the area to the left of the bottom Dire Tier 2 Tower
Moved Dire bottom Tier 2 Tower back very slightly
Added an alternate path to the north of the bottom lane Side Shop
Added an alternate path to the right of the bottom Dire Tier 1 Tower
Added a new ward spot near the bottom Dire Tier 2 Tower
Added a new ward spot near the top Radiant Tier 2 Tower
Added a new ward spot between Roshan and the Dire bottom lane
Bottom Lane Dire creeps now arrive slightly closer to the Dire Tier 1 Tower
Top Lane Radiant creeps now arrive slightly farther from the Radiant Tier 1 Tower

c'mon, quiggy

come play :unsmigghh:

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
i really dont know why they decided to port xenoblade to the new 3ds cause like

in japan it sold okay but like it was hardly a blockbuster and the NA release was a loving joke, like i am sure it actually was a joke because it couldnt have sold more than a few thousand copies being a gamestop exclusive wii game

plus while the game is pretty good and aesthetically pleasing its not striking or memorable. like watching shulks smash bros appearance its just like drat this dude is so generic god drat. most people who wouldn't play a jrpg (ppl like me) look at it and go 'wow this is basically just fnal fantasy' without realizing its actually a hidden gem by regular person standards not just by smelly jrpg nerd standards

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Space-Pope posted:

yes they did

Reworked terrain surrounding the Roshan area
Reworked terrain around the Dire bottom lane
Reworked terrain below the Top Radiant Tier 1 Tower
Reworked the area to the left of the bottom Dire Tier 2 Tower
Moved Dire bottom Tier 2 Tower back very slightly
Added an alternate path to the north of the bottom lane Side Shop
Added an alternate path to the right of the bottom Dire Tier 1 Tower
Added a new ward spot near the bottom Dire Tier 2 Tower
Added a new ward spot near the top Radiant Tier 2 Tower
Added a new ward spot between Roshan and the Dire bottom lane
Bottom Lane Dire creeps now arrive slightly closer to the Dire Tier 1 Tower
Top Lane Radiant creeps now arrive slightly farther from the Radiant Tier 1 Tower

c'mon, quiggy

come play :unsmigghh:

nah im good, im curious about what the new map looks like though

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

nigga crab pollock posted:

because putting an rpg on handhelds will sell better than a system that was pretty much already dead in america

also because a sequel is coming soon so im sure there will be some sort of tie in, no matter how topical

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
SHULK UNLEASH THE POWER OF THE MONADO

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!

in japan it sold okay but like it was hardly a blockbuster and the NA release was a loving joke, like i am sure it actually was a joke because it couldnt have sold more than a few thousand copies being a gamestop exclusive wii game

plus while the game is pretty good and aesthetically pleasing its not striking or memorable. like watching shulks smash bros appearance its just like drat this dude is so generic god drat. most people who wouldn't play a jrpg (ppl like me) look at it and go 'wow this is basically just fnal fantasy' without realizing its actually a hidden gem by regular person standards not just by smelly jrpg nerd standards

Because smelly nerds like me will buy the new 3ds just for portable xenoblade

I have a goddamn zelda (original size) 3ds. Will get a new one for xenoblade.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
IM POWERING UP

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

most people who wouldn't play a jrpg (ppl like me) look at it and go 'wow this is basically just fnal fantasy' without realizing its actually a hidden gem by regular person standards not just by smelly jrpg nerd standards

how dare you post on yospos and deny being a smelly nerd :colbert:

i really liked and enjoyed xenoblade, its not everyones thing, but its a good 8.5 or 9 out of ten for me and that's hard to find in jrpgs recently

Luisfe posted:

Because smelly nerds like me will buy the new 3ds just for portable xenoblade
I have a goddamn zelda (original size) 3ds. Will get a new one for xenoblade.

same

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Notorious QIG posted:

nah im good, im curious about what the new map looks like though

Play discreetly for free, m'lady.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

nm one of my buddies who still plays sent it to me

http://imgur.com/a/RJa8u

crazy

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

Notorious QIG posted:

dire side winrates ticked up to 52% and ice fraud threw a poo poo fit.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

stoutfish posted:

lol

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

stoutfish posted:

"perfectly mirror the map for our competitive game? nah, we'll just rando this fucker up and complain when it turns out to be biased toward one side"

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

stoutfish posted:

someone is furiously sending valve death threats as we speak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

c wiiu s: bought game & wario on sale for 14€ and it turns out all the mediocre/bad reviews can be washed away with "it costs as much as an indie game". it's super charming, the games are fun and some are outright great; kat+ana's puzzle game might be the most innovative and fun puzzle idea since pushmo, and there's a decent amount of content to that game and some of the others. overall, i "beat" the game (=finishing the first mode of all the games once) after a bit more than 2h, but if you want to do everything, there's probably ~5h of content in there, which is pretty loving decent at not-full price. this is excluding the multiplayer games, which i will try tonight

basically, if you have a wii u, get it if you see it for ~$20 or less. it's cool+good unless you're expecting a 10h+ experience

• Locked thread